Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ka0 posted:

Isn't sony pictures in dire straits as it is now.

Yeah their president just quit. They might be the worst studio going IMO. Their Sony pictures division films are total garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Maybe they should reboot a franchise no one wanted rebooted and be openly hostile to the fans, and try to market the film as "solidarity" for a oppressed group of people.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

greatn posted:

Maybe they should reboot a franchise no one wanted rebooted and be openly hostile to the fans, and try to market the film as "solidarity" for a oppressed group of people.

Sony I hope you're reading this so how about a Back to the Future reboot with all C-list black actors. I know its owned by Universal but still. Give it a shot!

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Genuinely can't wait to see how bad Justice League is. Batman v Superman was one of the worst films I've ever seen.

You watch a show about a bunch of dudes sitting around watching absolute garbage but Batman vs superman is one of the worst youve ever seen?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

greatn posted:

Watto lost a child slave but got the pod AND the prize money for the race. He made out like a bandit.

Made out like a jew in a junkyard is the way my pop pop would have put it....... And he never even watched star wars!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nutsngum posted:

You watch a show about a bunch of dudes sitting around watching absolute garbage but Batman vs superman is one of the worst youve ever seen?

??? Yes??

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Would love to see a re:view on videodrome, just saw that movie recently and it's one doozy of a mindfuck.

Long live the new flesh!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

The Archaic posted:

Sony I hope you're reading this so how about a Back to the Future reboot with all C-list black actors. I know its owned by Universal but still. Give it a shot!

I want Back to the Future starring Will and Jaden Smith as George and Marty McFly. They go back to the eighties, and the time machine is a Tesla Roadster. Doc Brown is played by Kevin Hart, and in 1987 they need to obtain 1.21 gigabytes of RAM to do the time calculations.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

greatn posted:

and in 1987 they need to obtain 1.21 gigabytes of RAM to do the time calculations.

I know you're joking, but I thought this part was actually pretty clever.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

FrensaGeran posted:

*punches alien* WELCOME TO GEONOSIS!

Doesn't have the same ring to it.

WELCOME TO GEONOSERF

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Yeah their president just quit. They might be the worst studio going IMO. Their Sony pictures division films are total garbage.

Didn't a bunch of the leaked Sony emails revolve around the question "Why the gently caress are we giving Adam Sandler so much money?"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MikeCrotch posted:

Didn't a bunch of the leaked Sony emails revolve around the question "Why the gently caress are we giving Adam Sandler so much money?"

Yeah and then he hosed off to Netflix

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
There were 40 minutes worth of a good movie in Batman V Superman. The remaining screen time was filled with absolute trash and tacked on tie-ins.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Paladinus posted:

There were 40 minutes worth of a good movie in Batman V Superman. The remaining screen time was filled with absolute trash and tacked on tie-ins.

yeah but look at this screencap that looks like a painting of dead jesus only jesus is Superman.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the bit where batman sifts through the DCEU trailers folder was embarrassing

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

That was wonder woman

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Punisher v 9/11 Christ is funny bad. So bad its good.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

greatn posted:

That was wonder woman

Aren't they emailed to her by Lex Luthor? Who has gone ahead and created branding and logos for the heroes?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

WampaLord posted:

Aren't they emailed to her by Lex Luthor? Who has gone ahead and created branding and logos for the heroes?

If you don't use their logos how will the drooling idiots in the audience know its them?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

WampaLord posted:

They're emailed to her from Bruce Wayne. Whether the branding was already there in Lex's files or Bruce added it is debatable. But either one of them would totally brand the poo poo out of them.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

greatn posted:

That was wonder woman

Oh right.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Indolent Bastard posted:

If you don't use their logos how will the drooling idiots in the audience know its them?

i texted a comic book fan friend of mine when it was over to ask who some of the people were. as a drooling idiot, it still didn't help me.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

i texted a comic book fan friend of mine when it was over to ask who some of the people were. as a drooling idiot, it still didn't help me.

It was (in order of appearance) Knuckles, The Submariner, and Mighty No 9.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

greatn posted:

It was (in order of appearance) Knuckles, The Submariner, and Mighty No 9.

ty that was a big help. cant wait to see sonic and batman team up in justice league

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

a bone to pick posted:

Would love to see a re:view on videodrome, just saw that movie recently and it's one doozy of a mindfuck.

That's such a Josh and Jay movie. But I love that movie with some shame because everyone else I know just squirms and makes uncomfortable faces when it's brought up.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Unionize today!

As much poo poo as Suicide Squad loving deserves, their version of this scene was miles above BvS. You have Bruce Wayne sitting at a table with Waller (towards the end of the movie if you made it that far), and he leafs through a couple of files and we get some glimpses of the other meta-humans and he says "we'll take it from here" or something. That's all you loving needed.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
I'm looking forward to the Batman Lego movie more than I ever did for a Marvel/DC flick.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

The "Martha!" thing was so dumb that the first time I heard about it I assumed it was made up.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Eisenberg's Luther seemed like the type of guy who'd never sit still, so I could totally see him just staring impatiently at all these superhero files he has, waiting for some scheme to unfold, and making logos for them to occupy himself.

Of course, small character moments like that, maybe even humorous little asides that reveal a little bit more of who these characters are, well...if there had been things like that, BvS wouldn't have been such a garbage movie.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
The best thing about the Wonder Woman email re re BATMANs TRAILERS is that it was so loving obviously stuck in after the filming as there was no way they were getting Affleck back to be part of such an incredibly stupid scene.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nutsngum posted:

The best thing about the Wonder Woman email re re BATMANs TRAILERS is that it was so loving obviously stuck in after the filming as there was no way they were getting Affleck back to be part of such an incredibly stupid scene.

I wonder what kind of contract WB have Affleck under. He's done five so far including Justice League (BvS, The Accountant, Suicide Squad, Live by Night, JL) and I'm wondering how much critical slaughtering he can take.

I actually thought the Accountant was nowhere near as bad as it was reviewed but a lot of people I respect say Live by Night is really bad.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

I wonder what kind of contract WB have Affleck under. He's done five so far including Justice League (BvS, The Accountant, Suicide Squad, Live by Night, JL) and I'm wondering how much critical slaughtering he can take.

I actually thought the Accountant was nowhere near as bad as it was reviewed but a lot of people I respect say Live by Night is really bad.

He's directing, as well as starring in, the solo Batman film so I guess he's up for another beating.

The Accountant was passable but there's so many weird film making decisions in it that it just compounds on itself, and the reveal at the end was baffling.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Unionize today!

ultrabindu posted:

He's directing, as well as starring in, the solo Batman film so I guess he's up for another beating.

If there's any sliver of hope for a good DCCU film it's this one.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

The Archaic posted:

If there's any sliver of hope for a good DCCU film it's this one.

What goofy timeline is this in which Affleck as Batman is the best part of something?

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Unionize today!

I don't get the hate for Affleck that some people have. He's matured as an actor and film maker immensely since Daredevil 2003. I'll give him a chance since Henry Cavill has the personality of a dried sponge.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Ben Affleck is a narcissist and a whitewasher who threatened Henry Louis Gates.

So yeah, I think he's bad.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Harveygod posted:

What goofy timeline is this in which Affleck as Batman is the best part of something?

Have you not been paying attention to events over the past year or so? Anything is possible.

The Archaic posted:

I don't get the hate for Affleck that some people have. He's matured as an actor and film maker immensely since Daredevil 2003. I'll give him a chance since Henry Cavill has the personality of a dried sponge.

I was entertained by Argo, it was genuinely tense thriller that I enjoyed. Oscar worthy perhaps not, but I'd take Affleck over Snyder.

Echo Chamber posted:

Ben Affleck is a narcissist and a whitewasher who threatened Henry Louis Gates.

So yeah, I think he's bad.

Remember when he went on Who do you think you are? and they found out his ancestors were slave owners and the ep got pulled from broadcast.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I still can't get over the whole "Directing/producing AND starring" think with Affleck.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Wicker Man posted:

I still can't get over the whole "Directing/producing AND starring" think with Affleck.

Isn't that the Hollywood equivalent of starting your own business because youre sick of the boss man tellin you what to do? Only nobody cares what your new business is and everybody wants to know what you used to be working on at your cool old place?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bring back old gbs posted:

Only nobody cares what your new business is and everybody wants to know what you used to be working on at your cool old place?

You know Argo won a ton of oscars right ??

• Locked thread