Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Gaz-L posted:

Weird thing that probably proves Yuke's at least need to revise the moveset structure of the WWE games is that they've started putting more versions of signature moves in the games that a character can actually have set. Like, there's 3 different Kinshasha's and Sister Abigail's in the game, and Aries can only do the brainbuster on the floor. The Club have both their double-teams in but because you can only have one tag finisher, you can only do the Magic Killer, and not the Boot of Doom.

Oh, and strangely, the Tye Breaker is a signature, not the finish for Dillinger.
In some of the older games if you had something like the Liontamer as a signature, you could do it from all the positions that that particular move could be done in- standing, corner, etc., and the variations would just be, like, the second pedigree is a lot more slow and deliberate, or the second stunner had theatrics. (I'm not sure if I'm thinking of 2K14 or something a lot older, like Here Comes the Pain.)

They've gotten more persnickety about the flexibility of the moves in general; e.g. instead of just having a move with the catch attribute as a finisher to do catch finishers, you have to have the catch ability enabled, and then select it in a separate category in the move list. Little tedious. It's fun to set it as something completely different so it acts as an extra finisher slot, but then you get a weird situation where your dude only ever does a super kick if somebody is jumping at him.

Also, the 3D is a D-rank move? Pff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I'm pretty sure the MyCareer move rankings are meaningless. There are small handful of "dramatic moment" moves that make it seem like a game mechanic that was aborted early in delelopment.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I just discovered that when you go to the improve card screen in supercard, and click the little silhouette button underneath the diamond on the top left, you can assign any cards image to that card

So basically if you have a Elite Daniel Bryan but prefer the photo in common, you can change the Elite card to use the common image.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Basic Chunnel posted:

I'm pretty sure the MyCareer move rankings are meaningless. There are small handful of "dramatic moment" moves that make it seem like a game mechanic that was aborted early in delelopment.

Yeah I've never seen them have much effect at all.

In other news, crowd noise is back in Universe mode but is now absent in about one out of every three matches I do in Exhibition. Yukes gonna Yuke.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mass effect has the worst save system ever, i lost one hour in the mountain part. i am considering deleting the game. i heard the ending sucks so no big loss

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jan 18, 2017

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
So #DIY and Roode aren't planned for DLC, right?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

DoctorGonzo posted:

mass effect has the worst save system ever, i lost one hour in the mountain part. i am considering deleting the game. i heard the ending sucks so no big loss

It's actually really good

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the ending is bad but the save system seems pretty standard?

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

So #DIY and Roode aren't planned for DLC, right?

I don't think so, but they just added a bunch of their spots in the new moves pack.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
There won't be any Roode or DIY for this one. The final DLC is the Hall of Fame showcase and that'll be out next month. After that's released Yukes will just leave 2k17 out to die.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

Are you on pc?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Suplex Liberace posted:

Are you on pc?

yes

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I thought it auto saved every like 5 minutes at a loading screen? If not get used to pressing F5 or whatever the button for quicksave is.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Mass Effect 1 is kinda poo poo at autosaves but yeah, you can quicksave anytime you're not in combat.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

triplexpac posted:

I do that too, I just feel like I sometimes get sideswiped by the CPU making a better offer before I can even respond. I guess that's business.

Do you have your thing set to auto advance more than 1 day or whatever the setting is? I go 1 day at a time because I'm a crazy person and I haven't really had this happen

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just saw matriarch whatever death in me1 and just burst laughing. Witcher 3 ruined gaming for me-

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Do you have your thing set to auto advance more than 1 day or whatever the setting is? I go 1 day at a time because I'm a crazy person and I haven't really had this happen

People advance more than one day at a time?? Animals

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

WWE2K18 will probably have Angle back again now? That will be cool, I'll probably take an hour from my day and just give everyone in the game his theme

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

There's some really great Angle CAWs out there already (saw one yesterday that had ten alt attires, including one with the straps down), but having the music would be great.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

flashy_mcflash posted:

There's some really great Angle CAWs out there already (saw one yesterday that had ten alt attires, including one with the straps down), but having the music would be great.

Yeah I really really miss being able to import themes. The CAWs are so good already, and being able to add in authentic themes made them even better.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

triplexpac posted:

Yeah I really really miss being able to import themes. The CAWs are so good already, and being able to add in authentic themes made them even better.

PC master race

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

1st AD posted:

PC master race

I bought the PC version the first year they did it and it ran like poo poo :smith:

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

2k16 PC ran like a dream, but there were issues. First, you had to use a program to inject music over themes already in game, so it was never as nice as it could have been. Also, it just never got as much attention from creator's, for obvious reasons, so there was not the same wealth of great CAW's floating around that there are on the consoles. Real good if you are fine doing your own stuff, but 100 CAW slots can be hard to fill by yourself.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

triplexpac posted:

I bought the PC version the first year they did it and it ran like poo poo :smith:

1600p 60fps over here :smugdog:

remusclaw posted:

2k16 PC ran like a dream, but there were issues. First, you had to use a program to inject music over themes already in game, so it was never as nice as it could have been. Also, it just never got as much attention from creator's, for obvious reasons, so there was not the same wealth of great CAW's floating around that there are on the consoles. Real good if you are fine doing your own stuff, but 100 CAW slots can be hard to fill by yourself.

Yeah I basically just over-wrote the generic CAW themes. Never had a problem with finding CAWs and arenas though, but I guess I only used like 30 slots.

I noticed that if I simmed like 2 years worth of matches (and kept universe drafting on), anyone who held a tag title could go on a massive streak and then win the world title and hold it forever - looks like they never got around to fixing the tag titles bug where tag feuds didn't culminate in a title match.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
My biggest fear for 2k18 is that they'll have the Cruiserweights in leprosy mode where they can't compete against the rest of the roster.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Muddy Burphy posted:

My biggest fear for 2k18 is that they'll have the Cruiserweights in leprosy mode where they can't compete against the rest of the roster.

You mean like they've done with the women's roster for the past ten years at least?

Every loving iteration my spouse tries to make a female version of her character only to realize that she has to make a male version in order to compete with the other 90% of the roster.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

You mean like they've done with the women's roster for the past ten years at least?

Every loving iteration my spouse tries to make a female version of her character only to realize that she has to make a male version in order to compete with the other 90% of the roster.

Could in 2009.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Generally the old issue with cruiserweight guys in older WWE games is that they couldn't physically lift the other characters and had some of the more important stats (like damage and hit points) capped out way below the heavyweights. This resulted, for example, in Shawn Michaels being worthless on multiple games.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

If there was ever a time for a proper women's CAW and career modes it should be 2K18, given how the actual WWE has been pushing that division, for better or worse.

Some say 2K started the women's revolution.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

They don't put enough money into these games for a men's career mode, let alone a women's

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

dont even fink about it posted:

Generally the old issue with cruiserweight guys in older WWE games is that they couldn't physically lift the other characters and had some of the more important stats (like damage and hit points) capped out way below the heavyweights. This resulted, for example, in Shawn Michaels being worthless on multiple games.

It's interesting to play a game the way Vince books dudes though. Like literally the smaller you are the more worthless you are

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

triplexpac posted:

It's interesting to play a game the way Vince books dudes though. Like literally the smaller you are the more worthless you are

In I think 2008 the super heavyweights could literally pop up from anything and go invincible by spending momentum.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Card Game Newbie here-few questions.

1: Any grinding advice? I got up to Ultra Rare ++ in just under a week (hell yeah insomnia), but seem to be plateauing a bit as I wait for login rewards
2: Do contracts carry over when rewards expire in MITB, or does that wipe the slate clean?
3: Same, but title matches in RTG
4: Why the hell isn't there an extra-special bonus for clearing the draft board? I feel like that's a gimmie.

Given that I was a Skinner Pigeon in a previous life, this game is extremely my poo poo.

Delsaber posted:

If there was ever a time for a proper women's CAW and career modes it should be 2K18, given how the actual WWE has been pushing that division, for better or worse.

I know that asking 2K for a single functional career mode is wishful thinking , but I'd love storylines that center on individual titles. Like a meaningful and unique IC title arc, something for the cruiserweights, the ability to resurrect the Hardcore or Euro titles, etc.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

1: Play King of the Ring. Since you grind a lot you'll always have energy to recharge your cards. This is one of the easier ways to get cards at your tier.
2: Yes.
3: Any of the point doubler style items disappear at the end of whatever event you got them in (RTG, RD, or PCC)

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Keep in mind you're going to make most of your progress from login rewards and events, especially at your tier.

King of the Ring is good but I find it boring as hell and you have to have a sandbagged deck to do well.

Just keep in mind that it's going to take forever to do anything, and don't spend money on high tier cards since that will wreck your decks in event modes and you'll just lose a ton.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Also join a team even if it's just a crappy random one.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

remusclaw posted:

2k16 PC ran like a dream, but there were issues. First,
it's a really bad game

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
God drat Kevin Nash keeps turning the entire backstage against Chris Jericho in my WCW scenario. Jericho is a good Canadian boy leave him alone!!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

triplexpac posted:

God drat Kevin Nash keeps turning the entire backstage against Chris Jericho in my WCW scenario. Jericho is a good Canadian boy leave him alone!!

Big Sexy ain't putting over no vanilla midget, brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GB888
Jan 28, 2004

The GB stands for "Great Boobs".

dont even fink about it posted:

2007 was the worst about the weight class thing because if you were two weight classes below your opponent, you couldn't hurt them with grapples OR strikes. The weight classes were super weird in that game too. For some reason, Shawn Michaels was defined as a heavyweight and Psychosis was a cruiserweight. Despite being taller and weighing more than Michaels in real life, he would hoss out and no sell every thing Psychosis did to him.