Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

I'd go with Flannery O'Connor myself. She's an interesting Author and Cartoonist, and I dare say, Wise Blood was a pretty good novel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I need to decide when I should finally start up noted techbro book Gravity's Rainbow

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Srice posted:

I need to decide when I should finally start up noted techbro book Gravity's Rainbow

:same:

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

ill wait for the anime

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the problem with taht poll isn't that the star trek option won, it's that they put a star trek option on it

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

ahahaha little armory figures at shotshow 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Looks like someone translated the first chapter of gyaru cooking. If it actually does something with apparently the other adults in her life telling her not to bother trying there could be something interesting.

It's not going to do anything with that plot point or be remotely about that.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Xinder posted:

Go ahead, touch 'em.

don't mind if I do

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Macross delta is an all around shame :(
It didn't showcase the mechs at all, it focused on the wrong things and drew them out for an entire cour when an ep or two would've sufficed

Macross is definitely an IP well known for being primarily about mechs and not the love lives of its protagonists.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Lemon-Lime posted:

the love lives

I still haven't finished watching 765 pro and they've already come out with a new love live that I have to remember this is outrageous

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

NotALizardman posted:

ahahaha little armory figures at shotshow 2017

win, really ugly guns tho

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
vector ftw

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

Macross is definitely an IP well known for being primarily about mechs and not the love lives of its protagonists.

its about both

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Parallax posted:

its about both

Yah, they always keep a balance that differs per series but generally the mech side does get lip service

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Then again Macross is typically good too so maybe that's just another trend they were bucking :grin:

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Srice posted:

Then again Macross is typically good too so maybe that's just another trend they were bucking :grin:

:boom:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

demon daddy

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Super No Vacancy posted:

how come people dont like handshakers i havent watched it

it's the ugliest visual mess of a show in the last few years

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

finally, the anime cameo ive been waiting for

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Lemon-Lime posted:

This:

Srice posted:

Yah, they always keep a balance that differs per series but generally the mech side does get lip service

Srice posted:

It's supposed to be both, but they completely flopped on both the combat / the rest of delta squadron and the characterization of the main enemy character(s). Maybe if they had fleshed out the other aspects, the love conflict aspect wouldn't have felt so stretched?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

El Burbo posted:

I can relate to a character that stress eats a pile of burgers

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Srice posted:

good:

bad:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i havent tried delta but Ranka was the best part of Frontier, so :same:

pro click

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

drat right.

I'm on mobile so I don't have the appropriate image macro for my reply.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
maybe that misses the point... well, pixie squadron was cool

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Endorph posted:

good:

bad:

The good show and bad show have been, correctly identified.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

being gawain is suffering

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The new MaiDragon loving owned. I liked the first ep, but this was a big step above that.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

El Burbo posted:

Fun fact: there's only 1 Carl's Jr. in Japan, and it opened about a year ago in Akiba.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

z0glin Warchief posted:

Fun fact: there's only 1 Carl's Jr. in Japan, and it opened about a year ago in Akiba.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

The new MaiDragon loving owned. I liked the first ep, but this was a big step above that.

SAKUGA

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

One of the more quietly impressive things about the show so far is how much I like how it looks. I was never super fond of the art in the manga, but the show just looks fantastic all around while still being instantly recognizable to fans of the manga.

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

i hear a goddamn ice cream truck

RME
Feb 20, 2012

dragonmaid ED is also pretty good

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

im glad of the ice cream truck owner/operator who has gone out of their way to make a sure is hot outside joke

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is f/go good

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Just read the summaries and translated text instead of subjecting yourself to mediocre gacha infused gameplay

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Only if you like lovely mobile gatcha games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

And really, you don't even need to read any of the story material unless you really care about fate because it's all nonsense anyway

• Locked thread