Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Any guesses on the new dark side characters?

We know Krennic and deathtroopers, wtf else?

There really isn't that much more they can bring in from it. I mean I guess they could add old man Erso, but he wasn't exactly an empire baddie, nor was he really a fighter. That said, there are tons of dark side characters we are still waiting on, like Thrawn!

explosivo posted:

I just unlocked the last mod challenge and I'm finally starting to realize how ill-prepared I am to get good mods for my team. I need to build so many teams from scratch now :smith:

Yup, it's a real grind. Fortunately, you really only need to build up a couple really strong heroes from each factions...heroes you're going to want for other reasons. The other 3 just have to not die -- so 5*, G6 or 7, level 70, mods is usually good enough.

Defense: Jedi: QGJ and JKA, but you'll want a squad for Yoda anyways
Jawas: JE and Chief Nebit for AAT
Scoundrels: Lando, Boba, and/or IG-88: Scoundrel credits/training droids and also pvp and raids
Rebels: Lando, Wiggs
First Order: Phasma (PVP and raids), FOTP (Raids, Ships)
Empire: EP, TFP, RG, Vader (everything)
Resistance: Oh poo poo, yeah, these guys are kinda poo poo now. Rey, and, um, Poe? Ships or something? Thankfully RP is easy to get. RT and Finn are at least not awful (anymore). Unfortunately, this is the most important challenge (imo).

Side note: Picked up some crazy good mods today after not farming mods for weeks. My first refresh (8 sims on speed set mods) got me a 5* purple circle with protection primary and speed secondary, mod got two hits for 14 speed. This is my second best speed mod (best is a crit chance diamond, 16 speed). That same sim also got me a 5* speed primary, white but rolled some decent secondaries: 1.2% potency, 340 hp, 44 offense. It also rolled another 5* and 3* mod. To make up for it, my second refresh got me 0 mods -- but I'm not holding a grudge there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

So this new event will be basically Ewoks and Rey, huh?

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

MichiganCubbie posted:

Caravan of Courage sequel confirmed!

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Good thing I've been trying to get Rey with guild credits. And I have a good Poe and a decent Resistance Trooper.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Anyone else having trouble logging on? It keeps telling me there's an issue with my connection but if that were true I wouldn't be able to post this here.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
It was kinda wonky for me earlier, seems ok now though.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Just in the hour before the arena refresh. Typical.

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

If I get ten spare bucks, it's going for a 30-pack of Schlitz.
Is there an SA guild for force arena? I don't see a thread for it here...

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Phummus posted:

Is there an SA guild for force arena? I don't see a thread for it here...

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3805457

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

quote:

Assault Battle: Ground War will be running for the first time in February. As stated in the announcement, it has the following parameters:
Unlocks at level 75.
Two tiers, Tier 1 (Hard), and Tier 2 (Bonus Tier).

As with Military Might and Forest Moon, this event is a series of 8 sequential battles with escalating difficulty, new mechanics, and a special event ability added which can be used strategically to aid in completing the event.

The required units are any combination of Resistance, Ewoks, or Ugnaught. This means you can mix and match from these however you want, and there are multiple ways to complete the event.

Rewards include shards of all Separatist units, credits, and gear.

The event can be replayed one time with no cost each day it runs. Additional attempts can be acquired with crystals.

Attempts/wins are not shared between tiers. Refreshing Tier 1 does not refresh tier 2, and vice versa.

There is an associated achievement which awards 10 Darth Vader shards and 5000 Ally Coins. It requires completion of Tier 1

The associated event power is called "Stand Aside" and does the following:
Drain 100% TM from all allies. Gain 100% TM immediately. Gain Speed Up, Offence Up, and +100 Potency for 2 turns. Gain Evasion down for 3 turns.

As with other Assault Battles there are unique mechanics to learn, and this event is intended to be a challenge.

Well this looks like the shitiest shitstorm of a poo poo event. So, you kill the TM of all your allies so that you can gain a little speed up, offence up, and potency for a couple times, while losing evasion? Who the gently caress wants that?
I'm probably going to be running Ewoks + Rey. I might drop Scout for Poe though...Scout is L80 G7...only need 20 mk3 callers to get him to G8 though, might be worth it?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I'll be able to field:... Poe, Resistance Pilot, Rae, EE, and Teebo?

I'm hosed.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Uh yeah I am so sad I will miss out on those 2 dooku shards (expecting similarly poo poo rewards the Empire event awarded).

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Nah, not dropping everything to farm for this one I'm going to stick to getting my empire squad and my jawas done. Chopping and changing gets you nowhere in this game; ewoks are on my to do list but I'll get to them when I get to them.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Neutron posted:

Uh yeah I am so sad I will miss out on those 2 dooku shards (expecting similarly poo poo rewards the Empire event awarded).

I want my free 10 DV shards, my man. I'm only 30 away!

Maybe I'll just gear/level Finn, that should push me over the edge.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

Vader was just the T1, it shouldn't be *that* bad.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

Usually the first finish gets you 2-3 shards of each available hero (so all the separatists) which isn't too bad.

Cactus posted:

Nah, not dropping everything to farm for this one I'm going to stick to getting my empire squad and my jawas done. Chopping and changing gets you nowhere in this game; ewoks are on my to do list but I'll get to them when I get to them.

Very much this. If you can divert just a few resources to finish the level 75 event, that's probably worth it, but don't drop everything for a one off event.

Chilichimp posted:

two_step posted:

Vader was just the T1, it shouldn't be *that* bad.

Getting the achievement shouldn't be too bad -- it's aimed for level 75.

e: additionally, running Teebo, Phasma, TFP, QGJ, and EE, I'm now up to >10% on P1 Heroic. You guys should really get your ewoks :D (EE/Teebo are GX)

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jan 18, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Usually the first finish gets you 2-3 shards of each available hero (so all the separatists) which isn't too bad.

Very much this. If you can divert just a few resources to finish the level 75 event, that's probably worth it, but don't drop everything for a one off event.

Getting the achievement shouldn't be too bad -- it's aimed for level 75.

e: additionally, running Teebo, Phasma, TFP, QGJ, and EE, I'm now up to >10% on P1 Heroic. You guys should really get your ewoks :D (EE/Teebo are GX)

Tank or Rancor?

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

Tank or Rancor?

He means heroic tank. That same team got him halfway through P3 heroic Rancor.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

MichiganCubbie posted:

Is the reworked Finn any good? Is anyone actually using him?

I have this 4* lvl 60-something Poe from a year ago when I started and he was the OP arena character before they nerfed his mechanics.

E: On that note -

Capgasp posted:

Tier 1 tuned for ~lvl 76-80 with gear level 8 or so and decent mods. Bonus Tier, as normal, tuned for maxed out everything.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jan 18, 2017

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Dr. Venture posted:

He means heroic tank. That same team got him halfway through P3 heroic Rancor.

Yeah, this.

I need to put a little more work on my droids/jawas though, having a hard time breaking 700k...maybe I'm just doing things wrong and need to read strategy more.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jan 18, 2017

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

tadashi posted:

Is the reworked Finn any good? Is anyone actually using him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_wHJMYO-Vs

Looks fun.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Yeah, this.

I need to put a little more work on my droids/jawas though, having a hard time breaking 700k...maybe I'm just doing things wrong and need to read strategy more.

Same. I need to actually mod them all still.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

drat they straight handled a Baze/Chirrut team.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Field Mousepad posted:

drat they straight handled a Baze/Chirrut team.

Unfortunately, the team does not hold up on defense, from what I've heard, but at least it can move up.

I just hit 2nd in our AAT with my best damage yet: 2.5 mil. I think it cost me about 300-400k credits, but well worth it for my GK Unlock :getin:

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Ugh, stop making my "who do I zeta next?" decision even harder. I already did Boba, who is OK, but not great. I was thinking of Bariss next, but she seems weak without GK also. I do have all the clones leveled and geared, was going to do cody after Bariss, but not sure now. I guess Cody is a good choice for AAT and tourneys and whatnot, but Arena is getting tough these days.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

two_step posted:

Ugh, stop making my "who do I zeta next?" decision even harder. I already did Boba, who is OK, but not great. I was thinking of Bariss next, but she seems weak without GK also. I do have all the clones leveled and geared, was going to do cody after Bariss, but not sure now. I guess Cody is a good choice for AAT and tourneys and whatnot, but Arena is getting tough these days.

Vader

e:

While amazing, this is also dumb. My original plan was to spend the past 20 days farming this guy's gear. However, I realized that without Zarriss, Aayla, B2, or Chaze, GK just wasn't quite where I needed him to be, so I put that work into gearing Chaze. They are now G9, and I'm 3 mk 5 callers from having G9 GK, and G10 Chaze. So...now I'm just kinda stuck with three not quite there yet heroes. Also, to get GK to G9, I need 200 carbantis, 80 stun guns, and 20 more caller parts.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jan 19, 2017

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
This game is getting tedious

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Malgrin posted:

Vader

e:

While amazing, this is also dumb. My original plan was to spend the past 20 days farming this guy's gear. However, I realized that without Zarriss, Aayla, B2, or Chaze, GK just wasn't quite where I needed him to be, so I put that work into gearing Chaze. They are now G9, and I'm 3 mk 5 callers from having G9 GK, and G10 Chaze. So...now I'm just kinda stuck with three not quite there yet heroes. Also, to get GK to G9, I need 200 carbantis, 80 stun guns, and 20 more caller parts.

I've got a g11 Baze and am very close to g11 Chirrut. Chirrut needs 25 more cuff fragments and some gold pieces, however he's only 3*. I've heard he can work at that level, guess I'll find out. I only started getting zeta mats last week, so it'll be a while before I have to start deciding who to use them on.

I'm currently pretty much the only top 10 player on my shard still using Wiggs, almost everyone else is using some variation of an empire team. Once again I'm currently finding value with Yoda to block the initial debuffs from those teams.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

I've got a g11 Baze and am very close to g11 Chirrut. Chirrut needs 25 more cuff fragments and some gold pieces, however he's only 3*. I've heard he can work at that level, guess I'll find out. I only started getting zeta mats last week, so it'll be a while before I have to start deciding who to use them on.

I'm currently pretty much the only top 10 player on my shard still using Wiggs, almost everyone else is using some variation of an empire team. Once again I'm currently finding value with Yoda to block the initial debuffs from those teams.

Wiggs + Chaze is pretty rough for an empire team. Throw in B2 and it gets that much worse.

This is super wtf:
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/853977/#Comment_853977

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

Malgrin posted:

Wiggs + Chaze is pretty rough for an empire team. Throw in B2 and it gets that much worse.

This is super wtf:
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/853977/#Comment_853977

What else could they possibly add from that film? Unless they're going to add more dark side established stuff from the universe? As you say they'd be pretty daft to add Galen Erso as an empire character, maybe young tarkin? or Deathtrooper + deathtrooper flamer?

Edit: I'm curious how much longer we will have to wait for additional ships, I know many on these forums hate them, but I love them, really changes things up for me, but I'd love for there to be more characters with ships. That reddit post that hinted at nute gunray being a separatist flagship would also be cool, it also hinted at yoda and jka having ships, plus something more than jedi starfighters and clone fighters. I'm just concerned that they can do a ships release or a character release but not both, if they can't support both simultaneously why bother? Plus in my ships arena it looks like more and more people are willing to drop money, I can't otherwise account for people appearing with 7* wedge, biggs, 5s, etc. I've been top 5 of my ships shard from day 1. They sure as hell can't have overtaken me legitimately from shipments or galactic war shipments and the like. There's not a full set of ships for any of the current flagships, but empire/tarkin are especially short. although I guess resistance is even more shafted.

More ships!

rocket_Magnet fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jan 19, 2017

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

rocket_Magnet posted:

What else could they possibly add from that film? Unless they're going to add more dark side established stuff from the universe? As you say they'd be pretty daft to add Galen Erso as an empire character, maybe young tarkin? or Deathtrooper + deathtrooper flamer?

Jerkface posted:

Introducing Imperial Ground Crewman and Scarif Shield Gate Operator

+ Imperial Tank Driver + Tie Striker Pilot + Imperial Cargo Pilot + that goon officer with the cool rain jacket from Eadu

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

rocket_Magnet posted:

Edit: I'm curious how much longer we will have to wait for additional ships, I know many on these forums hate them, but I love them, really changes things up for me, but I'd love for there to be more characters with ships. That reddit post that hinted at nute gunray being a separatist flagship would also be cool, it also hinted at yoda and jka having ships, plus something more than jedi starfighters and clone fighters. I'm just concerned that they can do a ships release or a character release but not both, if they can't support both simultaneously why bother? Plus in my ships arena it looks like more and more people are willing to drop money, I can't otherwise account for people appearing with 7* wedge, biggs, 5s, etc. I've been top 5 of my ships shard from day 1. They sure as hell can't have overtaken me legitimately from shipments or galactic war shipments and the like. There's not a full set of ships for any of the current flagships, but empire/tarkin are especially short. although I guess resistance is even more shafted.

More ships!

There was also stuff in the file extract for Kylo's excessively wingy shuttle.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Just shorten the battles for ships to be the same length or thereabouts as arena fights are and they would be tons better. Not "fixed" or "compelling" but at least better. A quick easy fix that would generate more interest = more instances of impulse spending. It's win win!

I tried a few fights off auto a while back to see if I was missing out on some hidden strategic depth and noticed sometimes a ship would have a multi-turn tank ability and an "immune to all damage" buff... wtf is that bullshit? Is it a bug or intended design? Normally I'd assume the former but these guys are some Frontear-tier decision-makers at times so I honestly can't tell.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Cactus posted:

Just shorten the battles for ships to be the same length or thereabouts as arena fights are and they would be tons better. Not "fixed" or "compelling" but at least better. A quick easy fix that would generate more interest = more instances of impulse spending. It's win win!

I tried a few fights off auto a while back to see if I was missing out on some hidden strategic depth and noticed sometimes a ship would have a multi-turn tank ability and an "immune to all damage" buff... wtf is that bullshit? Is it a bug or intended design? Normally I'd assume the former but these guys are some Frontear-tier decision-makers at times so I honestly can't tell.

Or have ship arena reward crystals.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Chilichimp posted:

Or have ship arena reward crystals.

I'm noticing if you're not top 50 in arena your crystal generation bloooowsssss

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Finally

Seven star lando

Who's next in cantina (level 58)

Or should I just go through the mods

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

ZenVulgarity posted:

Finally

Seven star lando

Who's next in cantina (level 58)

Or should I just go through the mods

Get 5-pip Health mods from challenges. Work on Tie Fighter Pilot on the side until you unlock Cantina Stage 6. Then work on Wedge with Mods on the side.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
If you want to be top in arena and are working at anything else but Chaze at the moment, you are doing it wrong.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

I'm noticing if you're not top 50 20 10 in arena your crystal generation bloooowsssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Neutron posted:

If you want to be top in arena and are working at anything else but Chaze at the moment, you are doing it wrong.

Yeah, I can't get Chaze without spending money, so I guess I just don't get to be top in Arena. I wish now I'd just bought dup champs for weeks while he was in the shard shop. I probably could have him at 5 stars... but I still wouldn't have a Chirrut without spending money so... pfffffft.

F2P guys, your best bet is Imperials + Boba Fett, or Zeta Vader + Boba Fett.

edit:

Leveling/starting players... you STILL need to focus on Rebels. Rebels keep you competitive in Arena for a long time and unlock Emperor Palpatine, who is crucial to the imperial squad. Once you've got your rebels, start in on Imperials

RG
TFP
Vader
Boba Fett
Palpatine

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jan 19, 2017