Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I think he is trying to say "Lewis started it and the big mean media fake news is blaming Trump who was only defending himself. :qq:" Remember, Branco can't distinguish between legitimate criticism and childish name-calling.

Branco is the only political cartoonist that I would physically assault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

CampingCarl posted:

Because she had already answered it.

Governors do have the command of the national guard units though.

This reminds me. Did any right-wing comics come out praising trump for telling the head of the national guard to step down on inauguration day?

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

President Fido Dido?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
7/Up never forget

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

*dashed line showing Billy visiting Russian hookers and Trump Taco Bowls*

Not Pictured: Dolly and Thel who are busy bleeding out of their whatevers

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Not quite what's usually posted here, but this is a thing https://unquotabletrump.tumblr.com

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SO, does he transport "Mother's Piss" to Gas Town on the regular?

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I think he is trying to say "Lewis started it and the big mean media fake news is blaming Trump who was only defending himself. :qq:" Remember, Branco can't distinguish between legitimate criticism and childish name-calling.

It's this. Trump has done absolutely nothing that might reflect poorly on him! How dare John Lewis attack poor innocent Trump! But Trump is a big strong man who won't take poo poo lying down! He takes pee pee lying down, duh.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ramirez, you unspeakable loving oval office.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

MMF Freeway posted:

What is the actual point of this strip? Like I don't think I've ever seen it make a joke and it rarely even expresses a political opinion. Everytime I read it my reaction is the same: "Uhh okay??"
I can't figure it out either. Mostly it follows the pattern of "this one is named Winslow and this one is named Carmen" for 2/3rds of the strip and then no point is made at the end.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Are we going to need a Most callous use of the dead or dying category in the 2017 Gay Abortions?

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Farking Bastage posted:

You wouldn't slap Ramirez? How could you not slap Ramirez? Everyone should slap Ramirez.

Case in point. For that one, he deserves a kick in the nuts.

Where's that Boondocks gif?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I doubt the comic is at all related to this. Kids soccer is the quintessential "everybody wins" activity in the eyes of conservatives and I wouldn't be surprised if Ramirez was unfamiliar with that story.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

WHAT A FUCKIN DOUCHE :fuckoff:

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Republicans posted:

I doubt the comic is at all related to this. Kids soccer is the quintessential "everybody wins" activity in the eyes of conservatives and I wouldn't be surprised if Ramirez was unfamiliar with that story.

Yeah, it's a human interest story from outside the U.S. I'd say that alone makes it a less than 1% chance Ramirez knows about it.

The party that never ventures from Fox News cracking about "safe spaces" will never not be hilarious.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah uh guys maybe it's just me but I am extremely skeptical that Ramirez is referencing this event having to do with the UK Premier League or even aware of it

Kids These Days getting Participation Trophies for playing Dumb Modern Sports like soccer is a time-tested old-people-rant subject

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Why the tie?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Sandpuppy posted:

The party that never ventures from Fox News cracking about "safe spaces" will never not be hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kJb1wXCxfo

Yes, Tim Kaine pantsing this idiot is definitely waah-waah-dumb-baby talk.

I look forward to four years of Trump's presidency being a fast-moving trainwreck, and McCoy donning the cheerleader outfit and pompoms and giving us "yeah but Democrats are BABIES" in response. loving hack.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I'm a big fan of Toles, but I wish he would wait until after the fact to make cartoons like this.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Merica posted:

I imagined it was gold.

But however could Trump spray a stream of gold directly into his followers faces?
The 1980s Ghostbusters mount a last ditch effort to stop Vigo the Carpathian getting sworn in as president.

On the topic of cartoonists who need to be kicked in the dick....

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Fulchrum posted:

On the topic of cartoonists who need to be kicked in the dick....
Maybe I am misinterpreting this but I read it as idiot on the right side doesn't give a gently caress even when nuked, plus yeah there is evidence.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

The idiot on the right is Rall's self-insert

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Sandpuppy posted:

Conservatives complaining about others whining inside echo chambers when things don't go their way :ironicat:

What is Rall even trying to communicate with this pile of ugly garbage?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

loquacius posted:

the old-man-est cartoon

JRROSE is the weirdest loving guy sometimes

I want to make a joke about the half-colored-in ghost turkey, but the fact that this is a political cartoon at all is just so bizarre I can't see past it

Actually, that's what livestock turkeys look like. Decreased pigment makes the skin look more "clean".

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

MMF Freeway posted:

What is the actual point of this strip? Like I don't think I've ever seen it make a joke and it rarely even expresses a political opinion. Everytime I read it my reaction is the same: "Uhh okay??"

I'm pretty sure Trump has broken Stantis and/or Allie, pretty much every strip since the election has been Vague Existential Crisis Comix. There was a fair amount of cod-philosophising beforehand but now it's really gone up a good few notches. Either a) they think a voice for the despairing is what the country needs right now and that they're being as deep as Calvin and Hobbes just because it's about a kid and an animal or b) we're watching the gradual mental breakdown of the author. I can't wait to see how long this goes on for.

Also I'm really surprised nobody has made a despicable Chelsea Manning cartoon yet. Traitors to Our Country + Evil Barack Obama + Icky Trans People surely equals fertile ground for lovely cartoon rage time

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Farking Bastage posted:

I'd never physically assault a cartoonist like Branco.

I'd never lift a finger to save him, though.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Conservatives complaining about others whining inside echo chambers when things don't go their way :ironicat:

Sounds like he's saying if we die it's because we failed to provide enough evidence. So it's the Phoenix Wright defense. QUICK SOMEONE SOFT RESET

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
You correctly note Obama's term started in 2009, but how in the world do you gently caress up then and make its end date 2016. :ughh:
Love this one. Grinning and throwing my thumbs up like Wuerker's Trump here.

frankenfreak fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jan 18, 2017

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

frankenfreak posted:

You correctly note Obama's term started in 2009, but how in the world do you gently caress up then and make its end date 2016. :ughh:

well according to the republicans his term really ended at some undefined point before March 16 2016 so I guess the cartoonist is just striking a compromise

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

frankenfreak posted:

Love this one. Grinning and throwing my thumbs up like Wuerker's Trump here.

Remember when Obama was allowed to do anything lasting by congress since November? But then again, it should say 2010 or so...

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Ignorant contrarianism

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

He doesn't specify if it's American or Russian army.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Hey remember when wingnuts shat their pants because Obama had a Greek column thing at the '08 DNC

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

loquacius posted:

Now that you mention it that is also the weirdest toilet I've ever seen

The flush handle seems to be on the bottom of the seat cover

Naw, it's one of those public toilets, the kind that don't have covers. I'll leave it up to you as to why that was Booze Tinsley's goto image for a toilet.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

"These guys aren't marching good enough! Have 'em kick those legs up nice and high, show everyone how much pep we got now I'm in charge!"

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
God, it would figure that in the face of a candidate that Rall has been waiting for to start his revolution for decades, he would instead tell us why the better candidate would have been Hitler. What a waste of perfectly good carbon.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

loquacius posted:

FYI this is just the Lubchansky comic again

Meant to post this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Sandpuppy posted:

Yeah, it's a human interest story from outside the U.S. I'd say that alone makes it a less than 1% chance Ramirez knows about it.

Oh no Obama isn't respected by ANY of our closest allies!! What a loser!!

Sandpuppy posted:

Front and center is a black bald man obviously meant to represent Congressman John Lewis, noted child and safe space needing baby who did such childish antics as setting out to draw attention to his people's struggle by purposely putting himself in situations that would, and DID, lead to him being beaten by mobs and beaten THEN arrested by the state. Dozens of times. Over and over. For years. He still has scars today. Maybe some day he'll be as courageous and heroic as Cartoonist Glenn McCoy who writes for Disney Magazine!

• Locked thread