Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
You can do the "legendary exchange" to try out all the leaders since you can exchange a current leader card for a new one and it doesn't re lock the old leader even though you have no card for him anymore.

Applied to secondary guild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
So the Imperials really suck huh?

It's telling that I waited over 1.5 minutes as Leia for a 2v2 match and as soon as I switched to Krennic I found a match almost instantly in which we were rolled.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

xyigx posted:

You can do the "legendary exchange" to try out all the leaders since you can exchange a current leader card for a new one and it doesn't re lock the old leader even though you have no card for him anymore.

Applied to secondary guild

Thing with this is that the trade might just net you a second card for a leader you already have. There's no garuntee that schlong nose won't just give you a second Luke.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

it is ridiculous that both sides arent just mirrors of each other

B1GGY
Aug 22, 2004

Popete posted:

So the Imperials really suck huh?

It's telling that I waited over 1.5 minutes as Leia for a 2v2 match and as soon as I switched to Krennic I found a match almost instantly in which we were rolled.

Yeah I've noticed queuing for Rebels generally takes a while, while Empire is practically instantaneous..

Probably from all those Cassians and Lukes right guys?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

also if you don't have an atst, you absolutely should not play imperials. it is the only reliable way for imperials to get wins.

Roshambo
Jan 18, 2010
Applied to SArlaccpits as RoshamboX

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
1 win with imperials and still undefeated as rebels. I haven't even lost a turret as rebels yet, lol.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

AndyElusive posted:

Thing with this is that the trade might just net you a second card for a leader you already have. There's no garuntee that schlong nose won't just give you a second Luke.

Very true but since I have a spare floating around I figure I may as well try a few times

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

For sure. I think trading spare legends is a legit way to get new leaders if you have the extra space bucks.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i did "kill 20 turrets as imperials" and i came close to uninstalling the game

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I just completed 10 2v2's as imperial and I feel like I split. Even managed to beat a Cassian.

Thrawn is pretty loving good. Drop a tank and some stormies and hit the Benny Hill special an you're loving rollin'. This doesn't happen to great effect often. Your teammate HAS to not be poo poo. Boba seems like the best empire champion other than Thrawn.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Does the thrawn buff just apply to people near him the tooltip doesnt say. I had to do 10 2v2 empire matches for quest 7 last night i went 4 - 6 which exceeded expectations.

They claim there is a balance parch coming but wont guve any details.

Annoying for rewards they didnt reset the ladder for everyone.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Boozie posted:

They claim there is a balance parch coming but wont guve any details.

Having a sniper hero on the empire side would be a good start. It's just weird that their longest range dude is 7.5 and Cassian is an inexplicable 14.

e: I don't remember seeing it in the tutorial, but I just discovered you can get a nice little speed boost by double-tapping where you want to go. Works great for tactical retreats or charging laterally to cover a vulnerable turret. I thought maybe it only worked for Kallus, but I just tried it with Cassian and it works for him too. There seems to be some sort of hidden cooldown on it, so use with care.

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jan 18, 2017

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

fishtobaskets posted:

Having a sniper hero on the empire side would be a good start. It's just weird that their longest range dude is 7.5 and Cassian is an inexplicable 14.

e: I don't remember seeing it in the tutorial, but I just discovered you can get a nice little speed boost by double-tapping where you want to go. Works great for tactical retreats or charging laterally to cover a vulnerable turret. I thought maybe it only worked for Kallus, but I just tried it with Cassian and it works for him too. There seems to be some sort of hidden cooldown on it, so use with care.

It is in the tutorial and there is a yellow stamina meter below your health.

Edit: Also, the Empire has a sharpshooter with a 12.5 range and the rocket guy has 11.5.

jabro fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jan 18, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

jabro posted:

It is in the tutorial and there is a yellow stamina meter below your health.

Edit: Also, the Empire has a sharpshooter with a 12.5 range and the rocket guy has 11.5.

And both of them are 2 shot by a hero/easily countered with melee.

He's talking about Cassian, the hero, being able to snipe people from twice the range of any Empire Hero. When I play Cassian, I kill dudes who don't even realize they're under fire, because the screen isn't big enough to actually show me shooting them.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Cassian's passive also buffs all your ranged units to give them +1 range. Your Rebel Pathfinders and Dresselian Snipers outrange turrets, and so does Cassian himself. I think he even buffs the tank, although that's more of a frontline unit so it doesn't benefit too much.

SumTingWong
Feb 11, 2015
applied as SumTingWonger to SArlaccPits

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Serperoth posted:

Cassian's passive also buffs all your ranged units to give them +1 range. Your Rebel Pathfinders and Dresselian Snipers outrange turrets, and so does Cassian himself.

Pathfinders do not outrange the tower with cassian. They have 8.5 range with him. Also his range is 13 not 14. Im not saying things are balanced because it definitely isn't.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Boozie posted:

Pathfinders do not outrange the tower with cassian. They have 8.5 range with him. Also his range is 13 not 14. Im not saying things are balanced because it definitely isn't.

It might be a pathing issue, or a bug, but I've definitely seen Pathfinders firing at towers with the towers unable to hit them. And yeah, Cassian has 13 range, his buff probably doesn't change his own. He does buff the tank though, and it barely is within tower range.

Like you said though, he's definitely far above the curve.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Made it to tier 4 with Ezra Bridger + L2 Kannus. Finally figured out his gimmick: play hard as hell until you get under 40% life, then immediately RUN THE FUUUUCK AWAY and stay away. He does a Palpatine-like flipdash when you ask him to run so if you plan it right its not that hard to get away.

All his dudes get plus 10% attack speed when he's under that much life.

Kannus is just a wookie warrior but if he runs into any group of laser shooters (especially the stormtroopers who pour damage on one target) he deflects lasers back at them like Luke and slays them.

My latest mission gives me another Ezra card too so that will be fun.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I've quit thatsnogoon and uninstalled. Feel free to either write a new OP (and I'll close this one), or PM me with what you want in there, I'm usually pretty responsive.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Boozie posted:

Does the thrawn buff just apply to people near him the tooltip doesnt say.

Only near him and you want to wait a second after spawning people to hit it because it wont take unless theyre able to move or something. Weird timing.

I like thrawn a lot, it's a lot of fun to just hang on the edges and potshot people in the hopes that you poop out troopers.

Edit: I desperately want his unique lady, anything that gives energy seems pretty great. Lando's special giving a few energy when you use it is almost better than its main use.

I got Leia's unique too and I want to make a gronk focussed deck for them. A faster walking gronk has to be worth it.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jan 18, 2017

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Cassian being able to snipe from nearly off screen and constantly buffing the range on his troops is ridiculous. I really liked imperials and playing as Vader, he's crazy good at assassinating any hero who pushes too far (and is v good at deleting suicidal Lukes), but I was at best doing ~50% with him. Since I got Cassian and switched to rebels I'm at like a 95% win rate and I don't even have much experience with them prior to switching

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Figured out why I had seen pathfinders hit turrets.

I THINK that the last turret before your generator or whatever it's called has a shorter range. So the Pathfinders outrange that, but not the side turrets.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Malgrin posted:

I've quit thatsnogoon and uninstalled. Feel free to either write a new OP (and I'll close this one), or PM me with what you want in there, I'm usually pretty responsive.

Lol wut?

Seriously that was quick

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Shoulda just played more Cassian Andor.

Shadowstar
May 19, 2003

~~~~~~~~~
Applied to thatsnogoon as Natahn

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
What does Cassians unique card do? Do I even want to know?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Intel&Sebastian posted:

What does Cassians unique card do? Do I even want to know?

It's K-2SO, costs 3, melee, walks and taunts enemies. Pretty nice for keeping a big one while you toss a stun or something.

TheJetCityFix
Feb 3, 2004

Errday I'm Russellin'
applied to SArlacc as TheJetCityFix

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I just installed the game. Can someone give me guidelines for what upgrades to make early on/standard team builds for starting out?

There are lots of "guides" but I'm kind of looking for "Upgrade these units first, don't worry about upgrading these things right away" kind of help.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jan 18, 2017

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

If I get ten spare bucks, it's going for a 30-pack of Schlitz.
Applied to "ThatsNoGoon" as BennySkakey

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

tadashi posted:

I just installed the game. Can someone give me guidelines for what upgrades to make early on/standard team builds for starting out?

There are lots of "guides" but I'm kind of looking for "Upgrade these units first, don't worry about upgrading these things right away" kind of help.

Upgrading depends on what cards you pull plus a little gold so just upgrade whatever you can, you should have enough gold for a good long time if you're just starting. I think the only thing I wish I had paid attention to was the OP thing where gold matters a lot more than crystals overall, spend a bit of crystals on gold if you can. For me, I just upgrade any cards I actually play and don't hate but that's mostly because I'm trying to conserve gold now. I haven't really liked to use grenades/deployables so far so I've got like 60 cards sitting on a level 1 net/trap thing.

If you're looking at the "shop" and wondering if you should buy a bunch of a certain cards to upgrade one of them then I'd say keep an eye out for your regular troopers, anyone who has an advantage against vehicles/at-st, droppable turrets. Just spread the love between anti-troop, anti-group, anti-vehicle and anti-high-HP without droppping too much on any certain type and/or cards that generally do the same job. If you happen to luck into being able to upgrade any purple cards then go ahead and do that and then lightly build your deck around them. Like for instance I've pulled enough of the Rebel tanks to make that a level 3 and I have a hero that boosts the HP on tanks and turrets so I pick cards that can do stuff like pull focus off of them/run ahead of them.

All in all what you get to upgrade is kind of a crapshoot so just upgrade what you can and try to massage your deck to include as many of your upgraded units as you can without skewing too heavily in any certain direction. Troop levels don't matter quiiiite as much as the rock paper scissors aspects of how they interact, but they're still pretty important.

You should also play through the "missions" asap. Doing them after you hit the f2p painwall is kind of a bitch.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jan 18, 2017

CDW
Aug 26, 2004
This game feels like total poo poo if you're playing Imperial.

I'll check this out again in a few months to see if someone on Netmarble got Excel and looked at balance of common units, let alone heroes.

Also holy poo poo lol at Vader, he seems absolutely worthless, but I've only played against and destroyed them.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

PRO TIP: there's a magnifying glass icon in the upper left of the screen near the mini map. Tap dat to pull back and see more of the screen and snipe people who don't know about it yet!

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
Applied to both guilds, name is Rumbal

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

CDW posted:

This game feels like total poo poo if you're playing Imperial.

I'll check this out again in a few months to see if someone on Netmarble got Excel and looked at balance of common units, let alone heroes.

Also holy poo poo lol at Vader, he seems absolutely worthless, but I've only played against and destroyed them.

I like Vader :(

He suffers greatly from a few issues, mostly pathing related. His force jump dash paths like garbage, and still uses his whole meter even if it hits a rock two feet from the start. His grab ability is actually pretty good for assassinating but it's squirrely about targeting, sometimes the target gets hung up and doesn't pull to him, and certain heroes (Cassian) won't ever be close enough to use it.

His healing special is just awful. Even if you can get it to happen when you need it, it's unlikely to make a difference, there are only maybe two units with enough health that a 12% heal will be noticeable

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch

fishtobaskets posted:

Looks like thatsnogoon is full so i started a 2nd guild: SArlaccPits. Post in thread if you want in.

Applied as Gooch181

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Favorite thing to do when playing Galactic Empire is to spam the crying Luke emote whenever you defeat a Luke Skywalker. This makes playing Empire almost worth it.

• Locked thread