Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

Not looking forward to Nintendo's first gacha.

Well I am. Thanks to Based Nintendo I can spend a hundred dollars to try and get the Super Rare Limited Edition 2017 Christmas version of "my Waifu" Tharja with the Sexy 2017 Christmas Suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

Im sick of fire emblem and im retrospect awakening be a wild success is the worst thimg 2 happen to intelligent system

Conquest was great but having a 25% quality ratio in fire emblem games going forward is not a good price to pay

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

Im sick of fire emblem and im retrospect awakening be a wild success is the worst thimg 2 happen to intelligent system

I still like it, but I hope intelligent systems makes another good paper mario game at some point

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

I'm dancing! I'm dancing!

LOL

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Al the posers who loved awakening and bought birthright so they can make wiafu jokes on twitter and play the game for 3 hours can die!

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

One of my friends found some rumor that nintendo might announce a path of radiance/radiant dawn combo remaster thing for the switch. IDk how true that is but I'd be happy about that

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

A cool drat horse posted:

I still like it, but I hope intelligent systems makes another good paper mario game at some point

Mario and Luigi Paper Jam was mostly good

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Al the posers who loved awakening and bought birthright so they can make wiafu jokes on twitter and play the game for 3 hours can die!

This

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

One of my friends found some rumor that nintendo might announce a path of radiance/radiant dawn combo remaster thing for the switch. IDk how true that is but I'd be happy about that

I never played Radiant Dawn and always wanted to, copies of it go for hundreds of dollars tho

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3764028

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

I never played Radiant Dawn and always wanted to, copies of it go for hundreds of dollars tho

The first half where you're stuck with the new loser fucks sucked rear end but when my ultra badass imported from PoR squad became playable it got really win. Like I spent 13 chapters with some fuckig losers with lovely stats and growths and then I get to use my maxed Ike again to slaughter everythingin my path

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Plutonis posted:

The first half where you're stuck with the new loser fucks sucked rear end but when my ultra badass imported from PoR squad became playable it got really win. Like I spent 13 chapters with some fuckig losers with lovely stats and growths and then I get to use my maxed Ike again to slaughter everythingin my path

I didnt even realize there was a save transfer, thats badass.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

gently caress this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pre-Conquest PoR was my favorite one, I love the look of that game and I would love a new console FE with a Conquest level of quality.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

gently caress this

Its the worst OP ive ever seen.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

I didnt even realize there was a save transfer, thats badass.

Unless you hosed up realy hard and lost your best troops on the last fight the PoR save transfered characters will be an army of Gogetas compared to most characters except for 3-13 Sniper.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope the next FE ditches the time travelling kids.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I never got into Fire Emblem because it seemed like the worst kind of people are super into it and drown out any legit gamers who just like to play it

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I never got into Fire Emblem because it seemed like the worst kind of people are super into it and drown out any legit gamers who just like to play it

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3749611

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

See also: Dark Souls, Overwatch, Map games

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

this is fair. I hope they get rid of the kids too because the introduction of that mechanic made the support system AIDS and seemed to make a fair number of people go completely insane.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I cant think of a bigger red flag to me than when someone knows all the japanese numbers of FE games instead of just saying the FE on GBA, etc.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

See also: Dark Souls, Overwatch, Map games

This is incredibly unfair to map games. The worst a mapgamer can do is a mod about doing holocaust logistics in HoI4 and ethnic cleansing in Victoria 2 and this pales compared to what Over watch fans do.

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jan 18, 2017

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I chose to turn my nose up at Disgaea instead of FE, but you can only be so picky when there's like 3 srpgs that come out per year

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Hype for Fire Emblem musou to include Marth, Ike and 20 Fates/Awakening characters.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

I cant think of a bigger red flag to me than when someone knows all the japanese numbers of FE games instead of just saying the FE on GBA, etc.

lol

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

stuff like path of radiance and radiant dawn costing over 100 dollars each is why ninty needs to announce gamecube stuff for VC... the original discs for their first party games are ridiculously expensive. Id love to play thousand year door again (my favorite game probably) but its like 40 bucks lol.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

I chose to turn my nose up at Disgaea instead of FE, but you can only be so picky when there's like 3 srpgs that come out per year

Half the Disgaea players are pedophiles and the other half is insane and loves big numbers going up.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

stuff like path of radiance and radiant dawn costing over 100 dollars each is why ninty needs to announce gamecube stuff for VC... the original discs for their first party games are ridiculously expensive. Id love to play thousand year door again (my favorite game probably) but its like 40 bucks lol.

Thousand year door is totally worth 40 bucks though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the "reveal" in this thread is still i think my favorite post in Imp Zone history.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

In Training posted:

the "reveal" in this thread is still i think my favorite post in Imp Zone history.

lmfao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I liked the GBA Fire Emblem games a lot and Awakening was the game that got me to finally buy a 3DS because of how much everyone was praising it. I think I ended up playing it for 2 hours

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

They'll never make another fire emblem like Path of Radiance again :(

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

mabels big day posted:

They'll never make another fire emblem like Path of Radiance again :(

Were you not able to pet the girls in that one?

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I liked the GBA Fire Emblem games a lot and Awakening was the game that got me to finally buy a 3DS because of how much everyone was praising it. I think I ended up playing it for 2 hours

The GBA games were my favorite but I could never get into the 3D ones because I loved the sprite battle animations too much and thought the 3D fights looked boring

Also the first GBA Fire emblem game has some of the best video game music ever

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Whats with all the kool new platinum icons in the IZ.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Plutonis posted:

This is incredibly unfair to map games. The worst a mapgamer can do is a mod about doing holocaust logistics in HoI4 and ethnic cleansing in Victoria 2 and this pales compared to what Over watch fans do.

I just mean the overzealous nature of ppl who really enjoy those games (which is good!!) makes them unable to talk about anything else and their intensity could turn new fans off instead of bringing them in.

Liking games is good, but ppl need to stop over hyping things and explaining every single detail of the game just when a new player asks a really general question, like WOrmskulls Dark Souls posts demonstrate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I just mean the overzealous nature of ppl who really enjoy those games (which is good!!) makes them unable to talk about anything else and their intensity could turn new fans off instead of bringing them in.

Liking games is good, but ppl need to stop over hyping things and explaining every single detail of the game just when a new player asks a really general question, like WOrmskulls Dark Souls posts demonstrate

Ohhh yeah! Yeah, that kind of zealousness and fan jargon being spoken that zooms past anyone who's new can really throw people off and intimidate them.