Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Intruder posted:

Similar aside from the fact that most of their best players retired or moved on and their QB turned into a pumpkin

Year after Jim left?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

iospace posted:

Year after Jim left?

Pretty much. Aldon Smith was suspended or injured, Justin Smith retired I think...a lot of the D retired actually. Kaep bottomed out

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

CyberPingu posted:

Pretty much. Aldon Smith was suspended or injured, Justin Smith retired I think...a lot of the D retired actually. Kaep bottomed out

Also the hilariously early retirement of Patrick Willis, and the following year Chris Borland(?) retired over CTE concerns.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

iospace posted:

Year after Jim left?

I think these are the starters that left just with 2015:

Offense: Frank Gore, Michael Crabtree, Mike Iupati, Stevie Johnson, Anthony Davis, Vernon Davis

Defense: Patrick Willis, Justin Smith, Chris Borland, Chris Culliver, Perrish Cox, Dan Skuta, Aldon Smith,

ST: Andy Lee

So pretty much literally half the starters on the team, and most of the good players.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

Also the hilariously early retirement of Patrick Willis, and the following year Chris Borland(?) retired over CTE concerns.

They retired a week apart :lol:

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Whooping Crabs posted:

N: Davante not going to attempt to practice until Saturday because of his sprained ankle, according to McCarthy
V: If the Packers play without their #1 (Nelson) and #2 (Adams) receivers they will be fuuuucked.

oh goddamnit.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Kalli posted:

I think these are the starters that left just with 2015:

Offense: Frank Gore, Michael Crabtree, Mike Iupati, Stevie Johnson, Anthony Davis, Vernon Davis

Defense: Patrick Willis, Justin Smith, Chris Borland, Chris Culliver, Perrish Cox, Dan Skuta, Aldon Smith,

ST: Andy Lee

So pretty much literally half the starters on the team, and most of the good players.

:stare: didn't realize it was that bad.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

There was a solid week where like four or five players would retire, to the point even the hardcore fans were just like "yeah, they would just rather stop playing altogether than continue to play with us, and I don't blame them"

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, the 49er collapse wasn't a slow one. It was pretty drat swift. Poor Jimmy T never stood a chance.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Also, of the spoiled brats we call NFL owners, how is it four are in California right now?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Uh, California had 4 teams for a long-rear end time before the Rams moved to St. Louis.

I wouldn't call Mark Davis spoiled either. Dude drives a minivan ffs.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's real loving dumb you can move back to a city you left.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's real loving dumb you can move back to a city you left.

It's real loving dumb a city you left would take you back, but here we are

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Diva Cupcake posted:

Boy you bitch about literally everything. Winters has been an above average guard for the last 2 years and is only 25. The cost to replace a guy like him on the open market starts at ~15m guaranteed which is exactly what he got. It's a very reasonable deal.

If you don't re-sign him you're relegating the line to whatever JAG rookie you pick up in the 5th and would initiate another round of complaints about the line being trash.

He has been poo poo every year save this one where he was ok. That doesn't make him an above average guard, that makes him a lovely guard that has a ceiling of average.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The 49ers collapse was so sudden and complete Pete Carroll has a lot of questions about it.

Anyway, the supreme court will be hearing a trademark case very important for Washington next week, basically if The Slants lose, then the Redskins are gonna have to rebrand if they like merchandising.

The Slants vs Trademark Office: http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-court-trademark-slants-20170118-story.html

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

whypick1 posted:

He also invented hand warmers while working for the Raiders equipment department.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

They retired a week apart :lol:

Even better!

iospace posted:

:stare: didn't realize it was that bad.

Dude, Cold Forge and Spoeank almost killed themselves.

Couldn't even laugh about it then, I just felt sorry for them. And this is speaking as a Falcons fan literally the year after they bumped us in the NFCCG on an uncalled DPI/Hold.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jan 18, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

whypick1 posted:

And he wants public funding for a new stadium or else he goes to a place that will

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Kalli posted:

The 49ers collapse was so sudden and complete Pete Carroll has a lot of questions about it.

Jed Fuel melted San Franciscan dreams.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

iospace posted:

And he wants public funding for a new stadium or else he goes to a place that will

He can't afford a fuckin' stadium, man.

I mean, I St Louis has a spare? Or San Diego.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

seiferguy posted:

Yeah, the 49er collapse wasn't a slow one. It was pretty drat swift. Poor Jimmy T never stood a chance.

He somehow squeezed five wins out of that roster! After watching Kelly try his hand at it, starting to think Tomsula was maybe an alright head coach.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The last car I owned was a much later model than the one Mark Davis currently drives

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Kalli posted:

Lmao

To be fair it really was an inside job from Jed York

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Seahawks signed Parrish Cox because of course they did.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Chilichimp posted:

He can't afford a fuckin' stadium, man.

I mean, I St Louis has a spare? Or San Diego.

True! My takes are super hot today it seems. I blame lovely customers

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

FizFashizzle posted:

Seahawks signed Parrish Cox because of course they did.

Again? Gross!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

whypick1 posted:

I swear to god Mark Davis is TFF's version of the manic pixie dream girl.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
He seems like the least lovely person between York/Spanos/Kroenke/him :shrug:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

whypick1 posted:

Then who is the shittiest?

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

whypick1 posted:

Difficult bar to clear, tell you what

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the most hosed up football fact is mark davis travels five hundred miles to a specific barber to get that haircut.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

iospace posted:

Then who is the shittiest?

Of that group, York or Spanos. It's close

Kroenke third and Mark last either way

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Chilichimp posted:

Even better!

Dude, Cold Forge and Spoeank almost killed themselves.

Couldn't even laugh about it then, I just felt sorry for them. And this is speaking as a Falcons fan literally the year after they bumped us in the NFCCG on an uncalled DPI/Hold.

That spring and summer was some Job poo poo man. It's hard to see all the losses all at once but it happened in trickles so it was just hit after hit after hit.

We lost 3 potential HOFers and franchise corner stones (Justin, Willis, Gore) in like 2 weeks. And Borland. Then everyone else. Then all the dust settled. Then Aldon did his dumb poo poo during preseason.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Allison has a hamstring injury now too. Packers only WRs not on the injury report are Cobb and Davis.

gently caress.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hot Diggity! posted:

Allison has a hamstring injury now too. Packers only WRs not on the injury report are Cobb and Davis.

gently caress.

:smithicide:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Hot Diggity! posted:

gently caress.

like it loving matters rodgers will just run around while his linemen hold then throw a hail Mary every other play that'll be caught, mixed in with 7 yard runs from a running back wearing a number in the 80s

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
https://twitter.com/KREM2/status/821814765500727297

Maybe you shouldn't have banned LWB, he had no other outlet :ohdear:

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Raiders off-season off to a good start:

https://twitter.com/BairCSN/status/821834451483181056

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

mastershakeman posted:

like it loving matters rodgers will just run around while his linemen hold then throw a hail Mary every other play that'll be caught, mixed in with 7 yard runs from a running back wearing a number in the 80s

Even at the almost transcendent level Rodgers is playing at right now that's an absolutely massive blow and sucks all sorts of butt salt. Personally I think getting cook back was an even bigger impact than Nelson earlier in the year which helped get the offense firing on all cylinders but even so against a team like Atlanta those injuries are a stupidly huge knock. And even if they do somehow manage to play they'll probably be hobbled to all hell.

With our injury riddled backfield we basically have to score literally every time we touch the ball, and even if the Falcons d isn't the greatest that's gonna be hella tough to do missing 2 or 3 out of 4. drat that really sucks. I figured we may have had a punchers chance at it but this sure don't bode well. Makes me wonder if we are the most injured team out of the remaining 4 though. Is anyone else starting practice squad guys thanks to injury decimation?

I guess on the plus side bakterari and the oline seem to be relatively intact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Good move by the Raiders. Their o-line is fantastic at pass pro and I don't think they're having anybody leave until after next year.

• Locked thread