Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Bill Leak:

Responding to claims from Abbott in the new Trump world we need to dump our renewable targets and embrace the coal, Turnbull compromised by saying we will meet targets by replacing our coal with more coal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Coal is literally the worst one. You cannot get worse than coal.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

This guy's comics are hit or miss but I love his Trump.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

D.N. Nation posted:

Hey remember when wingnuts shat their pants because Obama had a Greek column thing at the '08 DNC
Well, that's because Obama is a narcissist who coasted on his celebrity status and treats the presidency like a kingship. Trump, on the other hand,

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Improbable Lobster posted:

But what if . . . the coal . . . is clean??

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Oh go chew on a lump why don't you! < :mad: >

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Shugojin posted:

Oh go chew on a lump why don't you! < :mad: >

High efficiency?

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
Renewable energy?? Hmm. What if we just . . . burn the coal, like, better. instead

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Angepain posted:

Also I'm really surprised nobody has made a despicable Chelsea Manning cartoon yet. Traitors to Our Country + Evil Barack Obama + Icky Trans People surely equals fertile ground for lovely cartoon rage time

These cartoonists have particular rules for how trans women must be depicted - enormously tall and hugely muscular with vast square jaws. When your actual trans person looks absolutely nothing like that, it's probably very difficult for them to think of how to proceed. I dare say one will think of something eventually, and it'll no doubt be really stupid.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on a UK-US trade deal – Former White House ethics experts have warned that Donald Trump could exploit a new trade deal with the UK to boost his private tourism businesses in Scotland"

Telegraph:

Giant alligator caught on film in Florida

Independent:

Times:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Don't drag that cool giant alligator into this!

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Now you may be forgiven for thinking this is yet another tenuous ringling bros/trump/clown cartoon, but Steve Bell connoisseurs know Theresa's get up is in fact a reference to the evil clown craze of last autumn. you know, that evil clown thing that anyone still cares about. Steve has a bit of trouble killing his darlings sometimes when it comes to weirdass caricatures

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

It's like Pope's Turnbull tin-can. A one-off joke becomes part of your visual language and is folded into the charicature. Also at least it makes her look less like Thatcher.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Angepain posted:

Also I'm really surprised nobody has made a despicable Chelsea Manning cartoon yet. Traitors to Our Country + Evil Barack Obama + Icky Trans People surely equals fertile ground for lovely cartoon rage time

Gee, don't push Lester and Beeler , you know they always deliver the goods.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

We shouldn't use drinking water, we should use *clean sewage*.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Duke Igthorn posted:

Oh no Obama isn't respected by ANY of our closest allies!! What a loser!!

Front and center is a black bald man obviously meant to represent Congressman John Lewis, noted child and safe space needing baby who did such childish antics as setting out to draw attention to his people's struggle by purposely putting himself in situations that would, and DID, lead to him being beaten by mobs and beaten THEN arrested by the state. Dozens of times. Over and over. For years. He still has scars today. Maybe some day he'll be as courageous and heroic as Cartoonist Glenn McCoy who writes for Disney Magazine!

Accuse your enemies of your own faults. It's what right wing pundits and cartoonists always do.

That's why they invented swiftboating.

When you think about it, it's largely the same type of maskirovka that Putin's stooges are using ("MH370 was shot down by Ukrainian fascists!"). By accusing your enemies of your own faults, you throw FUD around and make legitimate, accurate, fact-based criticism of your fault take second place in people's minds after your criticism of your opponent's imaginary faults. Nobody knows what's true or false anymore. It's also why they're quick to jump on "celebrity politics".

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jan 19, 2017

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Yeeeeeah...no, I don't think that's how Europe feels...

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
May could literally set fire to the entire UK with her own hands and Adams would still find a way to draw Merkel Hollande and Juncker utterly shocked at how owned they are by Strong Theresa's Flames Of British Pride

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Yeeeeeah...no, I don't think that's how Europe feels...

Brexit can move surprisingly fast, when it has had the time to be exposed The Sun a lot, but it's still ill-suited to live in the British climate .

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Improbable Lobster posted:

But it creates jobs and stuff!

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Angepain posted:

This was the only one I could find;

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

King Possum III posted:

Nah I'm sure this guy would be happy with Trump serving less than 4 years too.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Feels like Trump being elected really kicked Day so hard he's back to his old self.

Maybe he's reacting to tragedy by throwing himself into his work.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Hi, everybody! Want to guess which Jack Ohman Rick Perry cartoon has returned to relevancy?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

"Higher wages subsidizes automation!"

No, capitalism subsidizes automation. Automation has been happening, automation is happening, automation will continue to happen. Is the author an actual dolt in the most basic sense or am I missing something here? His new year's revolution comic was great.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Potato Salad posted:

No, capitalism subsidizes automation. Is the author an actual dolt in the most basic sense or am I missing something here? His new year's revolution comic was great.

No, he's just a nazi moron.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Potato Salad posted:

No, capitalism subsidizes automation. Automation has been happening, automation is happening, automation will continue to happen. Is the author an actual dolt in the most basic sense or am I missing something here? His new year's revolution comic was great.

redpanels idolizes men with fuckpillows

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

King Possum III posted:

Meanwhile, in comics that actually portray the actual positions of real human beings who understand sentencing ,

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jan 19, 2017

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

MMF Freeway posted:

What is the actual point of this strip? Like I don't think I've ever seen it make a joke and it rarely even expresses a political opinion. Everytime I read it my reaction is the same: "Uhh okay??"

Because Doonesbury exists and is nominally liberal, conservatives demand that the funny pages make equal time for conservative comics. Or twice as many, depending on whether they also carry Mallard Fillmore. Humor doesn't really factor into their appeal.

But at least Stantis is capable of having this boring, protracted six-month meltdown over Trump taking office, even if he's not going to, y'know, talk about Trump or anything he does. That's more than almost every actual editorial cartoonist.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

King Possum III posted:

"military secrets" in this case being our soldiers double-tapping civilians and then the emergency responders

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
I would gladly sacrifice Doonesbury if it meant being rid of the alcoholic duck and young brown female white male boomer.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

ThePeavstenator posted:

"military secrets" in this case being our soldiers double-tapping civilians and then the emergency responders

Yeah, it really should say state secrets as those are the more divisive ones.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

duz posted:

Yeah, it really should say state secrets as those are the more divisive ones.

but then you'd be defending the big bad government and not the honorable and pure military

The Yellow Ant
Apr 6, 2004

I can lift 50 times my own weight in hope.

Cat Mattress posted:

Perhaps everything will be golden, and you can bet that within four years during the carrier photo op, he'll stand in front of a banner proudly proclaiming "Miction Accomplished".

Now that is a pun I can get behind.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Office Pig posted:

Hi, everybody! Want to guess which Jack Ohman Rick Perry cartoon has returned to relevancy?

Dare I ask why it's back in the news?

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016

Regalingualius posted:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=natural%20gas%20explosion

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Regalingualius posted:

Guess who is surprised he is going to be in charge of the US nuclear weapons program. :haw:
edit: okay, maybe it's more literal than I expected. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

haveblue posted:

Why the tie?

Trump's Chinese-made ties is my guess.

• Locked thread