Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Goon rush the existing one, then just chase the members away with our goony behavior?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Thronde posted:

Goon rush the existing one, then just chase the members away with our goony behavior?

I'm down.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

I have no idea what to do with my skills now. Some tiers are a loving wasteland unless you're a CV, and others have 3 things I want.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

I met a division of the fake SEAMN, They are such tight asses they put that clan tag to shame :negative:

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
I've already submitted a ticket to support, much good that will do. But either way if I see fake SEAMN you can damned well be sure I will troll them for being the 'Clan of poser shitters who wish they were even 1/4 as good as our worst players.. and of those bottom dudes one has narcolepsy, a couple are legally blind and the remainder we added just to make the numbers round out.'

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

I know I said I wasn't going to bother with the rest of the Santa's Convoy missions, but then I thought a free Fusou wouldn't hurt and I might actually keep the Bayern.

So after a week of furious grinding, the only rewards I missed out on were a Graf Spew camo I didn't need and a camo for a Tirpitz I don't have.

Wibbleman
Apr 19, 2006

Fluffy doesn't want to be sacrificed

At worst it's 5 port slots and reserve slots. So not terrible even if you don't want/need the premium camos.

Is [botes] a goon clan on the Asia server?

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Sperglord Actual posted:

I know I said I wasn't going to bother with the rest of the Santa's Convoy missions, but then I thought a free Fusou wouldn't hurt and I might actually keep the Bayern.

So after a week of furious grinding, the only rewards I missed out on were a Graf Spew camo I didn't need and a camo for a Tirpitz I don't have.

I squeeked in last night and got the free Bayern. Figure the money I got from selling the ships will be better spent on either the Tashkent, Edinburgh or Bismark in the near future.

OSad
Feb 29, 2012

Sperglord Actual posted:

It's actually pretty sweet that they paid out credits for dudes who already had the ships. I ended up raking in more than ten million credits worth of profits for not that much effort.

The Graf reward camo is pretty funny though. There's not even an added Free XP benefit like the Tirpitz one so you could potentially grind for the Missouri in it, the Type 12 is actually the exact same as the Spee's normal camo, except it actually looks worse by virtue of being in the style of the New Years 2017 camo.

The Tirpitz reward camo is also a bit of a dick move. You actually have to have a Tirpitz if you want to complete the campaign's last mission, so it's not a retroactive process of getting the camo and then maybe becoming interested in buying the ship at a future date. And the camo might not be available again for a long time so this is just wallet bait to sell even more Tirpitzes to the masses.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

Wibbleman posted:

At worst it's 5 port slots and reserve slots.

Those too.

Not that I needed more port slots after buying a bunch when they were discounted.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Welp, the current leader of Seamen says he's going to keep the name. We'll need a new name, I suppose.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
Mikasa es tu casa [HOLA]

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
pile on in to Rommel Was A War Criminal [FURRY]

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Sweet Odin, does the Belfast becomes a lot of fun with Concealment Expert. You can stealth fire in the thing.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Hazdoc posted:

I'm not going to join a fleet that has the FURRY ticker

Lake Effect
May 8, 2008
Nuke Gay Whales for Jesus [NGWJ] ?

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

MoraleHazard posted:

Sweet Odin, does the Belfast becomes a lot of fun with Concealment Expert. You can stealth fire in the thing.

I haven't tried concealment yet, but I did try a game with Inertia Fused HE shells, and drat. I was getting 3-4k HE salvos on battleships when I could hit the superstructure.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

CitizenKain posted:

I haven't tried concealment yet, but I did try a game with Inertia Fused HE shells, and drat. I was getting 3-4k HE salvos on battleships when I could hit the superstructure.

I think Kutuzov is going to get the HE fused shells for me. Belfast has 8.7 concealment with the module and CE. That gives so much flexibility with smokes and escaping from them.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

MoraleHazard posted:

I think Kutuzov is going to get the HE fused shells for me. Belfast has 8.7 concealment with the module and CE. That gives so much flexibility with smokes and escaping from them.

I had a extra RN commander that I pretty much turned into a Belfast only commander, but I'll my Fiji commander with CE over to see what its like.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
[POINY], the only guild to combine a deep love for Kancolle with an abiding love for My Little Pony.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
I'm really tying to talk myself into putting Inertia fuse on one of my captains of an HE reliant ship... but my Withers... I love them so much.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

ZombieLenin posted:

I'm really tying to talk myself into putting Inertia fuse on one of my captains of an HE reliant ship... but my Withers... I love them so much.

I don't really feel like I notice less fires starting now that I have it. In practice the amount of fires you can start is limited in great part by how many fires are already lit anyway. If I sweep my Ruskie 152s across a guy he's going to get lit the gently caress up even with a little less fire chance.

There's also a rumor that non-penetrating HE shells have reduced chance to start fires, which I'm not sure is true or not. I know on the test server it felt like I was starting MORE, not less, fires with IFHE and DE (for a net -1% fire chance).

SodiumEnriched
Apr 19, 2016

MoraleHazard posted:

Just played a game in the Konig where I got absolutely lit up by a Belfast and a Farragut smoking up together. Only once did I actually see the drat thing.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Trip report: Nikolai is even more overpowered for me with the new commander skill rebalance. This is because the commander was only a 12 point captain. However, that has given me access to concealment expert. This puts the nikolai at just over 10km detection range. Two games so far and it was 89k and 99k damage dealt with I believe 4 ships killed in each. The 99k game I know was, but didn't pay attention on the 89k game.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Vengarr posted:

[POINY], the only guild to combine a deep love for Kancolle with an abiding love for My Little Pony.

:agreed:

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

JuffoWup posted:

Trip report: Nikolai is even more overpowered for me with the new commander skill rebalance. This is because the commander was only a 12 point captain. However, that has given me access to concealment expert. This puts the nikolai at just over 10km detection range. Two games so far and it was 89k and 99k damage dealt with I believe 4 ships killed in each. The 99k game I know was, but didn't pay attention on the 89k game.

I havent respec'd any of my captains yet but this sounds awesome. And yeah I cant really think of what else you would take - the minimalist superstructure means fire prevention isnt quite as awesome as it would be on say a Wyoming.

I've got an 11 point commander on the Leander. I may stop this line at the Fiji, or possibly Neptune/Mino if I get bored, and im hoping not to have to respec. So im thinking Prev Maint. at level 1, Expert Marksman at 2, Superintendent at 3, Concealment at 4. The real question is would I do Manual AA as the next big skill or AFT? Sometimes when things get ugly in a big fight I cant always be assed to click on every plane squadron.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Anyone know the fire chance of aircraft bombs? I figure it's gotta be pretty high but I wonder if it's worth it to drop 3 points on DE just for the extra little bit of insurance for your DBs.

Hazdoc posted:

I don't know if I like the implications of having my name show up as "DearPrincessCelestia [FURRY]" in game :yikes:

s1ppycup
Jul 31, 2010
I just applied to SEAMN as s1ppycup.

Edit: I'm dumb and can't read. Do we have a new clan yet?

s1ppycup fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jan 19, 2017

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
We do. The clan has been retagged to DONGS. There are numerous officers who can accept. So search in game for DONGS and put your dick in it.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
So I mixed Demolition Expert with interia fuses on my Schrors and it turns it into this very terrifying device that hits really hard and sets everything on fire. I don't think the inertia fuses make much of an impact on the Molotov though, I didn't notice much of an increase in hitting power with it, with the lower ROF that fire chance reduction hurts it.
I didn't have a good game though, so I'll need another few rounds to be sure. But on 6" guns it makes a pretty huge difference.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Also I have no god drat clue what the hell to put my points into for my CA/BBs after getting CE. Anyone have any good ideas? mainly looking at US ship skills right now but wouldn't mind ones for other nations for later when I get around to them.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

CitizenKain posted:

So I mixed Demolition Expert with interia fuses on my Schrors and it turns it into this very terrifying device that hits really hard and sets everything on fire. I don't think the inertia fuses make much of an impact on the Molotov though, I didn't notice much of an increase in hitting power with it, with the lower ROF that fire chance reduction hurts it.
I didn't have a good game though, so I'll need another few rounds to be sure. But on 6" guns it makes a pretty huge difference.

I await further reports.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
The fact that none of you have thought about names regarding poopdecks... :sigh:

http://phrontistery.info/nautical.html

Jackstaff: short staff at ship's bow from which the jack is hoisted

[JCKOF]

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jan 19, 2017

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Sperglord Actual posted:

I await further reports.

I had a lot of fun with Shchors/Chappy on the test absolutely wrecking things. Monster HE salvos into just about everything.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

I applied to DONGS as Airborne_Ninja

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Is there a way to sign up for clans out of game? I can't seem to get the clans interface to load.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Applied to DONGS as destruya.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Recommended reading for determining if you want IFHE or not : https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/5ordcb/datamined_list_of_ifhe_penetration_changes/

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Don't know if there is an EU clan, but I'd take an invite as Vodos if there is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fizzil
Aug 24, 2005

There are five fucks at the edge of a cliff...

Im also on the euro server, would like to know if we have a clan up or not? I can divvy 2500 dubloons and make it but can i promote someone for leadership?