Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farmdizzle
May 26, 2009

Hagel satan
Grimey Drawer

quote:

But I also don't wanna be kept around with a sword hanging over my head

Please stay here and get your head on OK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Yo Damocles
(literally Damocles right now)
Haha yea you know it: Your motherfuckin sword-bastard

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
i know what 'sectioned' means im asking for the context in which shmorky was committed

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
It's pretty much the same in all sectionings: either they were a threat to themselves or to others.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

funmanguy posted:

BBG is a force of nature on these forums. If a thread gets bad enough BBG ends it like a tornado erasing a trailer park in Oklahoma. BBG is good.

Nah, BBG is an arsehole that gets mad when he can't use slurs and racist remarks, or trolls the transgender thread, but is put on a pedestal by the admins because he occasionally pretends to give a poo poo about the forum and whines about GBS instead of his usual targets once in a while.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

Nah, BBG is an arsehole that gets mad when he can't use slurs and racist remarks, or trolls the transgender thread, but is put on a pedestal by the admins because he occasionally pretends to give a poo poo about the forum and whines about GBS instead of his usual targets once in a while.
no, he's good.

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles
Nothing anywhere is good

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Anime is good

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles

gently caress you buddy

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Who's BBG?

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

Black Baby Goku

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Are you one of those guys? You know, the ones who always tell lies?

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
Free Black Baby Goku
Free Sid Vicious
Commit Shmorky (in Italian it's called Trattamento Sanitario Obbligatorio, "Mandatory Health Treatment" :eng101:)

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
actually domt free the dork who asked to be permad

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Robot Randy posted:

actually domt free the dork who asked to be permad

After being told he was going to be chain banned?

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

ToxicSlurpee posted:

To be fair I'd not fault Lowtax if he quit caring about these forums.

I think nearly everyone would be happier if Lowtax had managed to sell off the site when it was at its peak.

Especially Lowtax.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

If you ever have a week month with nothing to do, read Wiz's EU: Rome LP. I tried to participate back in the day, but just couldn't keep up. It's probably the most goons have ever gotten worked up over imaginary pixelmen that isn't Dangan Rompan.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

SirPhoebos posted:

If you ever have a week month with nothing to do, read Wiz's EU: Rome LP. I tried to participate back in the day, but just couldn't keep up. It's probably the most goons have ever gotten worked up over imaginary pixelmen that isn't Dangan Rompan.

Wiz is a Paradox dev right, or am I confusing him with someone else?

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

SirPhoebos posted:

Got a link? I have nothing but time

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum

Meridian posted:

Wiz is a Paradox dev right, or am I confusing him with someone else?

He was a goon who did LPs and Mods and basically knew the game engines so well Johan offered them a job.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Paladinus posted:

Are you one of those guys? You know, the ones who always tell lies?

i never lie, especially in the post your favourite really stupid opinions thread

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

i never lie, especially in the post your favourite really stupid opinions thread

Aha! loving knew that!

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Well at least you know which door to open now

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

I think nearly everyone would be happier if Lowtax had managed to sell off the site when it was at its peak.

Especially Lowtax.

On the other hand, I think the forums are good and cool. They would probably be crappy and/or gone if they were sold off in some dotcom goofiness.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

SirPhoebos posted:

That one is epic. But I also liked this Paradox LP: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2649309 or http://lparchive.org/Paradox-Games-Kingdom-Come/ if you dont have archives.

Pancrazio :argh:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Well at least you know which door to open now

Is it the one with the tiger behind it? It is isn't it.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Got a link? I have nothing but time

You'll need archive rights to read it. The real drama was between the updates: Wiz used the thread to act as a legislature, and the level arguments reached was simply breathtaking. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3257534&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
What the gently caress is this?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Heath posted:

What the gently caress is this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50i3xpq0wYU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Looks like some kind of small pastry?

Hanzo Steel
Nov 22, 2008
Does anyone remember the thread where the OP had moved into a house full of people who all believed that they were cross-dimensional reincarnations of FFVII characters? Or the one where some goons convinced other goons that making a cologne out of their fermented piss and jizz would make them irresistible to women?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The first one wasn't an SA thread. Just search FF7 house and relive the magic.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hanzo Steel posted:

Does anyone remember the thread where the OP had moved into a house full of people who all believed that they were cross-dimensional reincarnations of FFVII characters? Or the one where some goons convinced other goons that making a cologne out of their fermented piss and jizz would make them irresistible to women?

I vaguely remember both those.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
The fermented piss & cum stuff was from an Ask/Tell thread about pheromones iirc, so you might be able to find it there.

If someone could post as much as possible about The Desert Goon, I'd appreciate it. Along with the Goon Isle and the Goon-built slide for a children's summer camp that was pretty much lethal, that story is amongst some of the dumbest and weirdest stories that are absolutely 100 % verifiable as true.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Grandmother of Five posted:

The fermented piss & cum stuff was from an Ask/Tell thread about pheromones iirc, so you might be able to find it there.

If someone could post as much as possible about The Desert Goon, I'd appreciate it. Along with the Goon Isle and the Goon-built slide for a children's summer camp that was pretty much lethal, that story is amongst some of the dumbest and weirdest stories that are absolutely 100 % verifiable as true.

caro?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Not a saga, just a goon project, but I miss Goon Tower, Goon City, and Goon Train. I can find old Goon Tower images, but no Goon Train :smith: And I think I designed a few cars for that, too.

EDIT: Ha, holy poo poo, I swear, last month, I looked for this and couldn't find it.

http://goontrain.derekmccrone.com/

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

haha god drat maximumsexypigeon did ones for like all the major-city light rail/subway systems in the US

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Kelp Me! posted:

haha god drat maximumsexypigeon did ones for like all the major-city light rail/subway systems in the US

I enjoyed his take on this one:

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Nah, not Caro. There was a goon who decided to go on some kind of cross state hike in order to raise awareness for mental illness, and he went about it in a fantastically stupid way. The guy himself, his prep work and his eventual attempt was all just mindbogglingly stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Grandmother of Five posted:

Along with the Goon Isle and the Goon-built slide for a children's summer camp that was pretty much lethal, that story is amongst some of the dumbest and weirdest stories that are absolutely 100 % verifiable as true.

Do you mean the zipline? I managed to pull these pics out of the archives:

Jesus Christ, goons.