Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

I heard the voice chat is through a phone app or something which is so weird.

Reggie included matchmaking and lobbies through the phone app when he was talking to Gamespot, which would be truly unforgivable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It sounds assy until I realized I exclusive use the PSN app to do all that stuff because I don't like using their interface so maybe it'll be ok...

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Reggie keeps reiterating that it's so you won't need a "bulky gamer headset" and it's the most insane thing. Especially after the footage of Mario alongside regular humans, I feel like I'm losing hold of reality

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i like seeing mario with real people. it gives me hope

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

HolePisser1982 posted:

Reggie keeps reiterating that it's so you won't need a "bulky gamer headset" and it's the most insane thing. Especially after the footage of Mario alongside regular humans, I feel like I'm losing hold of reality

the switch is very powerful

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

nintendo is gonig to make mario real and im going to shake his hand at my wedding to daisy

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it'll be nice to have a smartphone app for it and all but i'd never believe the switch doesn't have an OS where you can just add friends and stuff through there. it also has an audio jack for headsets. then again, nintendo has pulled some really retarded poo poo before lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Voice chat on consoles is basically dead anyway, but I can't help remembering my time playing Smash Bros online using skype in 2008 and the fact that Nintendo hasn't evolved passed that is incredibly lovely to think about

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

nintendo is gonig to make mario real and im going to shake his hand at my wedding to daisy

Daisy sucks.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

gently caress off

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

gently caress off

I'm sorry.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

lmao

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bobnumerotres posted:

no one knows anything yet, they keep saying "maybe" to any questions they get. the wiiu had usernames and fairly standard online so i wouldnt worry too much

i would because nintendo have the worst online functionality in the world

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

well, i guess technially the pstore softlocking my ps3 last time i tried it is worse, :c00l:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

thats a ban

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Unfunny Poster posted:

I heard the voice chat is through a phone app or something which is so weird.

i'm going to yell chinder chagger *i**er dagger at japanese school children in honor of terrible streaming man maximillion d00d i will never get this terrible moron out of my youttube recomendation sfuuu

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
where's Pauline

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Voice chat on consoles is basically dead anyway, but I can't help remembering my time playing Smash Bros online using skype in 2008 and the fact that Nintendo hasn't evolved passed that is incredibly lovely to think about

everything about smash4's online was a total joke.

mysterious loyall X posted:

i would because nintendo have the worst online functionality in the world

crazy to think that the wiiu tablet had a microphone right on it and nothing used it lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

well, i guess technially the pstore softlocking my ps3 last time i tried it is worse, :c00l:

This is an underreported crime against gamers btw. Ever since they updated the ps store for PS4 the PS3 storefront is practically unusable and takes 3+ minutes to load

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

crazy to think that the wiiu tablet had a microphone right on it and nothing used it lol

Smash 4 did.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Some of the DS games on VC used it as well. I used it in Brain Age.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

Smash 4's online with friends is fine. Brawl's though...

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

It worked in Smash4 online but only between matches. And the sound quality was very very bad, like drive-thru speaker bad

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

Smash 4's online with friends is fine. Brawl's though...

i would play with people who lived houses away from me and it had crazy input lag, same w/ when we had the imp tourneys and stuff. it also just had the basic smash option, you couldn't do special matches, co-op or anything outside the basic mode with ppl online.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bobnumerotres posted:

you have to blow on it a couple times in mario 3d world iirc

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The mic on nintendo condoles/handhelds has only been used to blow up balloons in Mario kart for the past 15 years.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh yeah to move clouds, I remember that

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

its a miracle that spaltoon the greatest game is playable at all

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It would be cool if in the new Mario game if it has warp whistles and you have to toot the whistle on the mic

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
You could record audio phrases that would be played whenever you performed a special move in THPS DS.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The mic on nintendo condoles/handhelds has only been used to blow up balloons in Mario kart for the past 15 years.

I got stuck on bowsers inside story because my mic was broken fuuuuuu

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Playing battle mode against n00b friends without carts who could only be shy guy FTW.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i think you can shout into it in pheonix wright. there's probably an obnoxious gimmick in one of the ds zeldas that uses it too. AND i bet in the world ends with you

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

You could record audio phrases that would be played whenever you performed a special move in THPS DS.

Lol thats cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i think you can shout into it in pheonix wright. there's probably an obnoxious gimmick in one of the ds zeldas that uses it too. AND i bet in the world ends with you

Its the ocarina in Spirit Tracks, you have to hold button combos and blow into the mic like youre playing a flute.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
you could talk into the mic in Starfox DS and it'd change your voice into SNES-style lylat babble

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

You could customize chatot's chatter

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the weirdest thing the mic was used for was that bangai o spirits had a level editor but the way you shared them was through a sound file. what the hell?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

https://thumbmaster.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/bangai-o-samus.mp3 the sound of a bangai o custom level turn your speaker down folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the weirdest thing the mic was used for was that bangai o spirits had a level editor but the way you shared them was through a sound file. what the hell?

I was gonna bring that up, very wild stuff