Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

https://thumbmaster.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/bangai-o-samus.mp3 the sound of a bangai o custom level turn your speaker down folks

only 90s kids will remember connecting to the internet like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i think you can shout into it in pheonix wright. there's probably an obnoxious gimmick in one of the ds zeldas that uses it too. AND i bet in the world ends with you

uhhh, i think you might be right about TWEWY? My memory is hazy

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

i'm going to yell chinder chagger *i**er dagger at japanese school children in honor of terrible streaming man maximillion d00d i will never get this terrible moron out of my youttube recomendation sfuuu

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

TWEWY is the only game to use all of the Nintendo DS functionality to its fullest potential and it is a mother loving crime that there hasn't been a sequel.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

uhhh, i think you might be right about TWEWY? My memory is hazy

its the only non ninty game i can think of that used every feature of the ds including the sleep mode [some pins leveled up faster in sleep mode than they did thru normal battles]

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played twewy last year and yes one of the enemy gimmicks is that you have to yell into the mic to blow away their smog or something. The first time you encounter them it doesnt tell you this and its a new mechanic like 16 hours in and I couldn't figure it out at all. I had to look up a PDF of the manual where they had a tool tip pointing to the mic like "Could scare some shadows...?"

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

TWEWY is the only game to use all of the Nintendo DS functionality to its fullest potential and it is a mother loving crime that there hasn't been a sequel.

tatsuya nomura has spent the last decade making kingdom hearts sequals not called kingdom hearts 3 with increasingly deranged titles

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Then it happens like once more on the next screen and then never again. Although it probably cropped up in the post game stuff, I never finished that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tatsuya nomura has spent the last decade making kingdom hearts sequals not called kingdom hearts 3 with increasingly deranged titles

I think im gonna buy that huge PS4 colelction because ive never played a KH game before.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the post game stuff is badass, except for the true last boss on the hardest mode is a bullet sponge and takes a million years to kill and he can one shot you fast. fuuu

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

I think im gonna buy that huge PS4 colelction because ive never played a KH game before.

don't

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lol

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
its very funny to me that 2 years ago everyone was super pumped that nintendo was partnering with a big mobile company to handle their future online stuff. this is definitely the funniest conclusion to that

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

and the underside of the wii u controller has that lip so you could hold it vertically and maybe only ever used by the throwing star game in nintendoland. Meteos U could have been sick! :stare:.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

nintendo... is done for. they're making games for ps5 soon

[nintendo comes out with amiibo]

okay that's a moneymaker. but it's over. they're through

[nintendo comes out with pokemon go]

so they made a few bucks. but they lost the console war

[nintendo comes out with fire emblem mobile gachapon]

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

that ivy guy posted:

Playing battle mode against n00b friends without carts who could only be shy guy FTW.

lol I sat next to some British kids on a flight last year and when they saw my 3ds they made me download-play Mario Kart, I was their noob shy guy friend. The older one (like ten) said his friends call him the driftmaster. When we raced he kicked my rear end and said "You're better than I thought... But nobody beats the driftmaster."

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Tender Bender posted:

lol I sat next to some British kids on a flight last year and when they saw my 3ds they made me download-play Mario Kart, I was their noob shy guy friend. The older one (like ten) said his friends call him the driftmaster. When we raced he kicked my rear end and said "You're better than I thought... But nobody beats the driftmaster."

holy poo poo, you met the driftmaster?!

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Tender Bender posted:

lmfao

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

the weirdest thing the mic was used for was that bangai o spirits had a level editor but the way you shared them was through a sound file. what the hell?

That owns, it is exactly the same principle that makes the easiest way today to get games for 80s home computers to download them as mp3 files and then read them through the computers audio input: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9SM9lG47Ew

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HolePisser1982 posted:

its very funny to me that 2 years ago everyone was super pumped that nintendo was partnering with a big mobile company to handle their future online stuff. this is definitely the funniest conclusion to that

i wasn't and in fact didn't even know it had happened :c00l:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Tender Bender posted:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Tender Bender posted:

lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

oddium posted:

nintendo... is done for. they're making games for ps5 soon

[nintendo comes out with amiibo]

okay that's a moneymaker. but it's over. they're through

[nintendo comes out with pokemon go]

so they made a few bucks. but they lost the console war

[nintendo comes out with fire emblem mobile gachapon]

*crying as I throw my monkey paw with three fingers curled* I just wanted them to have a super popular console!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HolePisser1982 posted:

Reggie included matchmaking and lobbies through the phone app when he was talking to Gamespot, which would be truly unforgivable

Jesus christ I hope they are playing a prank. On the plus side I am going to Japan in May so maybe the Switch will be worth getting while there.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jan 19, 2017

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Tender Bender posted:

Lol. Driftmaster ftw

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inflammatory posted:

holy poo poo, you met the driftmaster?!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i think i could take down the driftmaster, even while being shy guy

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

trying to jack off posted:

Raserys fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jan 19, 2017

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

trying to jack off posted:

but who would you race as

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Tender Bender posted:

loving awesome.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

oddium posted:

lol

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Tender Bender posted:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

oddium posted:

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

oddium posted:

:vince:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

oddium posted:

read the post moron. seems you have terrible reading comprehension you dumb motherfucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

Lol