Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

v2vian man posted:

(USER WAS PROBATED FROM GAMEFAQS FORUMS FOR THIS POST)

I dunno, I'm young enough where I watched the Sonic cartoon when I was a kid (which kinda sucked to be honest) and the only thing he obsessed about was goddamn chili dogs. It was weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

John
‏@johnny_numba5
@hymnographer Until they build football fields in hell BB will never truly have home field advantage

sounds like he's going to have home field advantage everywhere in the United States starting the 20th

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Matt Ryan has been playing lights out all season though.

After having a pretty down year. People are also aware he has Julio Jones to throw to ala Stafford to Mega in the 5000+ year. If Ryan wins this year and then plays at a top level for the next few, yeah, for sure, but I definitely don't think one season is enough.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Matt Ryan has been playing lights out all season though.

I think more people would let Roeth in the Hall right now than Philip Rivers, but you'd have a tough time arguing that Rivers wasn't as good or better - a non-record setting QB's legacy is at the mercy of a lot of things other than the ball coming out of their hands. Ryan has a chance to build that kind of resumé but he'd need 6-7 more seasons of highly visible success and more signature postseason wins.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

extendedsolo posted:

I actually think he'll go to a team that feels like they can win now, so most likely Houston. Next year is the year Brady falls off the cliff and Houston goes on and wins the Super Bowl.

Cutler isn't coming to Houston. I could see him reuniting with Denver though

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

Lorenzen ate them all

Matty Ice is the only one I can think of off the top of my head that's widely used. Do people say TyGod everywhere or just here?

e: And I guess Big Ben (ugh, that shouldn't even count) and the Red Rifle

Touchdown Tom
Kaeperkneel
Fitzmagic
RGIII
AC/DC

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
NFL put together 50 Best Catches of the Year and boy I tell you there have been some good rear end catches this year http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-top-5-catches/0ap3000000768479/Top-50-Catches-of-2016

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Roethlisberger-Rogers is going to be an awesome super bowl.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

This upcoming weekend's GDT will be my last. TFF has been a blast, but I'll have to say goodbye to it and more and more of SA as time goes on. Big thanks to my fellow Cowboys fans for their camaraderie.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

Touchdown Tom
Kaeperkneel
Fitzmagic
RGIII
AC/DC

RG3 shouldn't count either

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

blue squares posted:

This upcoming weekend's GDT will be my last. TFF has been a blast, but I'll have to say goodbye to it and more and more of SA as time goes on. Big thanks to my fellow Cowboys fans for their camaraderie.

what? why? Nooooooooooo

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

Yes, this is going to hurt.

Gay Horney posted:

Hi time traveler from 2011

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

No Irish Need Imply posted:

NFL put together 50 Best Catches of the Year and boy I tell you there have been some good rear end catches this year http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-top-5-catches/0ap3000000768479/Top-50-Catches-of-2016

not a single browns player making a catch lol

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Gruden needs to start giving more people nicknames again.
Remember "Starship 7"?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

blue squares posted:

I'll miss dragging your avatar over other peoples' to create a cool checkerboard effect

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

v2vian man posted:

(USER WAS PROBATED FROM GAMEFAQS FORUMS FOR THIS POST)

Lol I forgot all about those forums

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Intruder posted:

I'll miss dragging your avatar over other peoples' to create a cool checkerboard effect

Oh poo poo I never thought of that I'm posting right now just to do that to mine.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

blue squares posted:

ok

make sure to make a thread about your leaving when the day comes too

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

If the Falcons win the next two games with strong offensive performances like they did in the Divisional Round, is Matt Ryan a legit HoF candidate?
That would make him a lock if he died the next day.

As it stands he just won MVP and his been a very productive player for a pretty long time now with a lot of career in front of him. Look at his career stats already at 31, coming off the season he just had in the situation he's in, he's going to be very high in every meaningful thing by the end. He's 10000 yards from top 10 in yardage, and he's averaged 4600+ in his last 6 seasons. Same with TDs, completion, etc. Regardless of how his other seasons go he has one legitimately great season to hang his hat on (more specifically, one with award recognition that guys like Rivers and Romo never had) in addition to his pretty good years.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

v2vian man posted:

Did any of them make a cool catch this year that you can remember?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

v2vian man posted:

Or Patriot, but I can't really think of any amazing catches this season.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Intruder posted:

Cutler isn't coming to Houston. I could see him reuniting with Denver though
He has a more realistic shot at becoming a Bronco than Romo IMO. He'd die behind our o-line though.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

v2vian man posted:

hey man we made the PLAYOFFS and we didn't make it either

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Gay Horney posted:

Not a fan of the repeat Super Bowl, would be OK with repeat result though.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Did any of them make a cool catch this year that you can remember?

i can vaguely recall a couple pryor and coleman catches. barnidge made a butt catch, i think that was this year. i watched all the games on lovely firstrow streams so i never saw much

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Butt Catch was last year

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/10/11/9499459/browns-butt-catch-gary-barnidge

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

He has a more realistic shot at becoming a Bronco than Romo IMO. He'd die behind our o-line though.

It all really depends how much he wants. But at the same time I find it hard to believe he'll want to play for a Belichick disciple

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Two Seahawks in the top 10 :smugbird:

All of the goddamn OBJ comparisons :commissar:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Or Patriot, but I can't really think of any amazing catches this season.

No Dolphins, Vikings or Texans either I think. There's also 2 Bills throws and they're both interceptions... I think the only two interceptions.

But there's like 4 AJ Green // Odell catches to go with 3 Jets catches.... Jets fan must've made that video.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

whypick1 posted:

Two Seahawks in the top 10 :smugbird:

All of the goddamn OBJ comparisons :commissar:

until somebody actually manages to make a more impressive catch it'll be the standard by which all are painfully compared

Collinsworth is the loving worst about it. If there is a reasonably nice catch he starts jizzing OBJ comparisons

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jan 19, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kalli posted:

No Dolphins, Vikings or Texans either I think. There's also 2 Bills throws and they're both interceptions... I think the only two interceptions.

Even the Rams had one :negative:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Febreeze posted:

until somebody actually manages to make a more impressive catch it'll be the standard by which all are painfully compared

Collinsworth is the loving worst about it. If there is a reasonably nice catch he starts jizzing OBJ comparisons

there have been more impressive catches, they just happened at 1pm in Cincinnati and not in prime time against the Cowboys, so no one saw them

e: It's like a zen koan, really

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Kalli posted:

But there's like 4 AJ Green // Odell catches to go with 3 Jets catches.... Jets fan must've made that video.

There was definitely a Nuk one in there.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Naoto is definitely way better than the Patriots imo.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ostentatious posted:

Naoto is definitely way better than the Patriots imo.

hell, same

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

extendedsolo posted:

right, but the packers were one of the best teams against the rush on AYPC and it has obviously trended the wrong direction for them. I know they have Matthews back, which is HUGE, but they were playing better defense at that point in the season. Since then they have had the run where they were obliterated by Indy, washington, and the Titans. Then they play some bum rear end teams with terrible offenses, of course their defense is going to look like they are playing better. They went from 7th-8th in DVOA after the Atlanta game to somewhere in the 20s by the end of the year. Their defense has looked better because they are taking the ball away and because Rodgers has been out of his loving mind and getting the Packers ahead, not because they all of a sudden became stout. I know all of the players that should make them better are there, but there aren't many stats that back it up. I mean what? they stopped the Giants who haven't score more than 20 points in their last 7 games or something?

Yeah the usual mo for the past 8 weeks or whatever is Rodgers running up the score so teams have to abandon the run and have to pass their way back into the game. Which thanks to our bad corners many of them do. If there's a team in the league that this won't work against its Atlanta. I think the only way we manage to hang in there is to be super aggressive on d and hopefully force a few turnovers, because honestly it seems like Atlanta is going to be able to score at will regardless so we might as well roll the dice and see what happens.

Even with the receiver corps banged up Rodgers should still be able to put points up, but even as lights out as he is right now I just don't see us being able to go blow for blow against that offense. If we somehow manage to get 2 or 3 turnovers we might be able to keep it close, but I'm sure people in hell want ice water too and welp. That said Rodgers gonna run the table and take us to the promised land so I don't know why I'm sweating it

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

evilweasel posted:

sounds like he's going to have home field advantage everywhere in the United States starting the 20th

23rd, he's going on a vacation immediately. :laugh:

blue squares posted:

You're a quitter, just like your team.

miss you, boo

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

Well it was made by the league office.

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

Yes, this is going to hurt.

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Yeah the usual mo for the past 8 weeks or whatever is Rodgers running up the score so teams have to abandon the run and have to pass their way back into the game. Which thanks to our bad corners many of them do. If there's a team in the league that this won't work against its Atlanta. I think the only way we manage to hang in there is to be super aggressive on d and hopefully force a few turnovers, because honestly it seems like Atlanta is going to be able to score at will regardless so we might as well roll the dice and see what happens.

Even with the receiver corps banged up Rodgers should still be able to put points up, but even as lights out as he is right now I just don't see us being able to go blow for blow against that offense. If we somehow manage to get 2 or 3 turnovers we might be able to keep it close, but I'm sure people in hell want ice water too and welp. That said Rodgers gonna run the table and take us to the promised land so I don't know why I'm sweating it

It really will be impressive if the Packers win the super bowl, leaps and bounds more than in 2010-11. Every team they would beat this year is better than they are, which to me has been their biggest downfall. I think the Dallas win last weekend was the first time they have beaten a team in the playoffs that is/was better than they are.

The thing is is that I don't think that the Falcons will abandon the run all that much even if they do fall behind. The Packers defense CAN do that thing where they get ahead and force turnovers because the play calling is limited against the Matt Barkleys, Sam Bradfords, and 4 fingered Staffords of the world. Prescott was the best QB they've faced since Cousins and he lit them up, ryan should be having a career day. I think Dallas was better than the Falcons, but the way the Falcons match up against the Packers is much worse. Similar to the AFC game too where the Steelers to me look like the worst matchup for the Patriots.

Falcons-Steelers superbowl. I've talked myself into the Pittsburgh winning this whole thing based on the defense having a surge in the playoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Packers are screwed now that their WR Corp consists of Cobb, Janis, and no names.

• Locked thread