Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Mister Chief posted:

Has Bruce Willis become a direct-to-dvd action star?

Having to ask the question answers the question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

The other guy is Zack from Saved by the Bell though. Definitely a sign of a good movie.

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar

That's the face of a man looking down the long, chilly road of a post SNL career. It's a shame, he was really good on the show.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Ha. Funny how most of that cast made appearances on CBB last year and I can't remember a single plug for the movie

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i imagine 50% of it is just taran killam walking around in a national park & making observations that a group of 8 writers thought were funny.

then after, the costars come in for the next 30%

then awkward silence after

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

joedevola posted:

That's the face of a man looking down the long, chilly road of a post SNL career. It's a shame, he was really good on the show.

This is a movie he wanted, though. He wrote it with another SNLer. He was let go during production for some reason we've yet to find out.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
That's Bill Pullman? When did he turn into Phil Hartman??

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Also 2/3 of the most famous people in that cast didn't make the poster.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Mister Chief posted:

Has Bruce Willis become a direct-to-dvd action star?

Maybe, but I really liked Marauders and Vice had some cool parts.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Lobok posted:

This is a movie he wanted, though. He wrote it with another SNLer. He was let go during production for some reason we've yet to find out.

He wrote it with Mikey Day who incidentally replaced him on SNL. They're both pretty hilarious but this looks like dogshit.

I wonder if Taran just did this so he could film a movie in his hometown of Big Bear Lake.

edit: nope

Filming in Klamath Falls, Oregon and Lake of the Woods, Oregon

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

lol @ this adaptation of a Swedish fairy tale being released on a streaming service that's unavailable in Sweden.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Woebin posted:

lol @ this adaptation of a Swedish fairy tale being released on a streaming service that's unavailable in Sweden.

The Frederator animation series "Bee and Puppycat" was recently partnered with Canadian animation studio Nelvana so they could release it on a streaming service that isn't available in Canada.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I instantly took this as a Miyazaki show, but it's actually from his son Goro, because ol' Hayao wouldn't touch cel-shaded CGI with a ten-foot pole.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Improbable Lobster posted:

The Frederator animation series "Bee and Puppycat" was recently partnered with Canadian animation studio Nelvana so they could release it on a streaming service that isn't available in Canada.

They made more episodes after the pilot?

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

My favorite places to hang out, ITALIAN RESTAURANT and COMEDY CLUB.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

got any sevens posted:

There was a kickstarter and everything

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

I get its for a streaming service so maybe it doesn't need posters per se, but good lord this poster is a piece of poo poo

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Item Getter posted:

i prefer SUSHI TUNA

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Other options are THAI RESTAURANT and LUIGI'S PIZZA.

This seems like the street to be if you want a meal.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

got any sevens posted:

They did, but it's best to act like they didn't

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Item Getter posted:

HBO was pissed about selling Louie to FX so they made their own sad-sack, frumpy, struggling white-guy comedian, but this time, he doesn't have an apartment!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

"Sad-sack" is not a word I would use to describe Pete Holmes. He is like a former Christian Summer camp counselor who can barely stop himself from making dad jokes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK8G_VAuEnk

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Pete Holmes was only alright when having a talk show but his stand-up is miserable and every actually good comedian he interviewed always immediately eclipsed him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK8HjY9-diI&t=30s

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Mierenneuker posted:

"Sad-sack" is not a word I would use to describe Pete Holmes. He is like a former Christian Summer camp counselor who can barely stop himself from making dad jokes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK8G_VAuEnk

Yeah but his character is a divorced sadbrains crashing on people's couches.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Maybe if each episode is him crashing at a different better comedian's place and they are unaware he is acting, the show will be good?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I can only imagine one of the photos supplied being so low resolution that the poster person had to find that smudge filter and then apply-all for consistency.

The Taran Killam film should've been based on his horse fight trainer character. Anything else is a waste of time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zireygLSsw8

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

This is god drat awful. They used the smudge tool on the girl's hair to drag the strands around and remove detail. Why? who cares!

Also the shittiest font choice in a long time.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
It's it supposed the be an action film?! With Bob Odenkirk? What the hell is that poster about?

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Lizard Combatant posted:

It's it supposed the be an action film?! With Bob Odenkirk? What the hell is that poster about?

A lazy graphic designer is haunted by the spirit he inadvertently calls into being through an arcane combination of Photoshop filters.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Lizard Combatant posted:

In a world ruled by boyfriends, one girl will RISE

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

KinkyJohn posted:

This is god drat awful. They used the smudge tool on the girl's hair to drag the strands around and remove detail. Why? who cares!

I think they were attempting a painterly look.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

feedmyleg posted:

I think they were attempting a painterly look.

It does look like a painting. A painting by Chris Ofili! Because it looks like poo poo!

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Guy Goodbody posted:

They did, but it's best to act like they didn't

Too bad, that pilot owned. I even bought one of the comics and kept reading every line in their voices :)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

got any sevens posted:

Too bad, that pilot owned. I even bought one of the comics and kept reading every line in their voices :)

I liked them. All but the most recent two are on youtube, which makes it more infuriating.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Godzilla is the King of the Monsters thank you very much movie posters. :colbert:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Kind hoping Kong eats that woman. "Oh, you thought beauty was gonna tame this beast? Nah, poo poo just got real."

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
King Kong is just perplexed that the helicopter was suddenly replaced by a helicopter-sized woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Actually plot twist, this is actually about DONKEY Kong. John Goodman plays Mario.