Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

mindphlux posted:

waffle house literally is a short order grill where you say "I want 2 eggs over easy, a waffle, some hashbrowns, shite bacon, and toast", or whatever you want, and they give you that - and you send it back if it's poo poo. it's like eating in your drunk friend's house where you just dictate whatever you want and they greasily make it to the dumb specifications you insist on. you could be like 'slice a tomato, stack some sauteed mushrooms on it, crack an egg on it, griddle it for 3 minutes, then flip it, and smash some toast on top of it' and they'd be like 'ok, that will be $4.50! have a great day!' and you'd pay it and be happy because where the gently caress else are you going to go that will put up that little of a fight on such a stupid breakfast food request?

that sounds pretty cool actually, and I'm glad you put the effort in to provide me the context, thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
A friend of friend lives in Santa Monica, on Ocean blvd. One time when we were visiting we crashed at his place. The next morning...

Him: "Hey you wanna get brunch?"
Me: "Ya sounds great, there's a million places around here"
Him: "I know just the spot"

And where did he take us? Mother. loving. Denny's.

He is also an astonishingly terrible cook. Like, salsa chicken would be a huge upgrade to the food I have seen him prepare.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Jeez, I didn't mean to set off a firestorm. I didn't say I didn't enjoy my meal at Waffle House. I did. I like my hash browns smothered, covered, peppered, and capped. They did NOT gently caress around with the amount of jalapenos they gave me, wow.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

waffle house is very good at a very specific thing

dissing waffle house is like trashing your cuisinart because you can't fry an egg on it

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

The Midniter posted:

Jeez, I didn't mean to set off a firestorm. I didn't say I didn't enjoy my meal at Waffle House. I did. I like my hash browns smothered, covered, peppered, and capped. They did NOT gently caress around with the amount of jalapenos they gave me, wow.

The Midniter posted:

We gave them a break and ended up going to Waffle House instead, which was predictably terrible.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.
Waffle house is predictably terrible.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

There's no mystery when you go to a waffle house, you know exactly what you're getting. Which is good.

It's just that waffle house is bad. Which is bad.

M. Night Twist: Sometimes bad food tastes good.

Thank you all for your time.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

I am not a fan of sober Waffle House eating.

Drunk/hungover/high as gently caress eating though? Definitely yes. One of the best places.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Errant Gin Monks posted:

I am not a fan of sober Waffle House eating.

Drunk/hungover/high as gently caress eating though? Definitely yes. One of the best places.

But why wouldn't you go to Whataburger/Dairy Queen/random taquiera instead?

I usually don't go for breakfast when I'm drunk/hungover though. I go specifically for tacos, or pizza. Waffle House is neither of those things.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

I usually don't go for breakfast when I'm drunk/hungover though. I go specifically for tacos, or pizza. Waffle House is neither of those things.

Breakfast taco's are great.

Dairy Queen? What the gently caress?

Edit: This is the pinnacle of hangover food, fite me if you disagree. https://www.zomato.com/vancouver/bons-off-broadway-grandview-vancouver

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Salvadoran desayuno kicks the poo poo out of greasy spoon breakfast for hangovers. It's not even fair.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

A friend of friend lives in Santa Monica, on Ocean blvd. One time when we were visiting we crashed at his place. The next morning...

Him: "Hey you wanna get brunch?"
Me: "Ya sounds great, there's a million places around here"
Him: "I know just the spot"

And where did he take us? Mother. loving. Denny's.

He is also an astonishingly terrible cook. Like, salsa chicken would be a huge upgrade to the food I have seen him prepare.

man, patrick's roadhouse is just up pch if you want diner food

gently caress, swingers is just two or three blocks up lincoln from the denny's

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Babylon Astronaut posted:

Salvadoran desayuno kicks the poo poo out of greasy spoon breakfast for hangovers. It's not even fair.

thanks to the influence of an el salvadoran family i'm close with, whenever i car camp i fill the cooler up with plantains, crema and packets of beans for breakfast. loving delicious and gives you a ton of energy

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG6U9WAdppo

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Man that looks gooooood

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

They always seem to cook their eggs way too loving hard, I have no idea why, but it's always a very disappointing. Also their tortillas are way too fat, who the gently caress thought that was a good idea? Nobody wants a fat tortilla guys get with the program.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

I don't get it?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I don't get it?

I don't think you get Waffle House, or places like it (personally we have Pancake Manor)

beanbrew
Jan 3, 2011

the way is not in the sky

the way is in the heart
I love when a customer starts yelling about how she's been waiting 20 minutes when I have a timestamp on her ticket and I can see it's been 4. I don't even know how someone is that bad at time.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

beanbrew posted:

I love when a customer starts yelling about how she's been waiting 20 minutes when I have a timestamp on her ticket and I can see it's been 4. I don't even know how someone is that bad at time.

I used to think that Kids in the Hall sketch was an exaggeration. I'd link it but phone posting.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Recoome posted:

I don't think you get Waffle House, or places like it (personally we have Pancake Manor)

I cook for a living, what do you do?

( I definitely get Waffle House, I just don't like it. It's like people have different tastes or something, idk)

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Ok who the gently caress is eating at a Dairy Queen?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

A Man and his dog posted:

Does getting an Orange Julius from the drive-thru count?

Kinda sad how McDonalds has better ice cream than them, though.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

A Man and his dog posted:

If you're taking I-80 eastbound across Nebraska, there's a long stretch of road with absolutely nothing. After what seems like forever, when it feels like your mind is about to break, over the horizon you'll see the red and white sign of a Dairy Queen. It's almost impossible not to stop there and eat some lunch.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Dairy Queen has cheap hotdogs I eat while sitting at the laundromat

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

The Dairy Queen in my home town is really good.

Gotta get that belt buster and a blizzard.

battlemonk
Dec 10, 2008

Mezzanon posted:

There's no mystery when you go to a waffle house, you know exactly what you're getting. Which is good.

It's just that waffle house is bad. Which is bad.

M. Night Twist: Sometimes bad food tastes good.

Thank you all for your time.

You don't go to waffle house. You end up at waffle house. Same for Denny's.

That said it's nice to sit down somewhere in the middle of nowhere, Ohio, and have a cook or server to chat with since you're there alone.

Maybe that's just me.

Then again, I also like a good fast food burger scarfed down before you make it back to the highway onramp.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

beanbrew posted:

What if the server forgot to put in the food for 16 mins?

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Waffle House and Dairy Queen tearing us apart.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Okay, here's the Kids in the Hall sketch. "The Customer"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hZ56mHlKB0

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Mainly because those things didn't exist when I was stationed in Charleston.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Mainly because those things didn't exist when I was stationed in Charleston.

SC?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I cook for a living, what do you do?

wowzers you are precious as gently caress

beanbrew posted:

I had one of the waitstaff do this about a month ago, usually we don't make excuses about it and just try to rectify it. The most egreriously wrong ones are customers who allege they'd been waiting 30 minutes for something when it's like 10-15 (I took the order and ran it through the system, so I know the kitchen had it)

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Yes that one.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

it's my hometown. the wafflehouse by the holiday inn on the ashley river is where anthony bourdain went for the opening of one episode of his show. last time i visted my parents i took my mother out to lunch at the lowcountry bistro by the market. real good she-crab soup.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

lol dude, this is going in chef de cuisineart.txt

what the gently caress man, dairy queen? whataburger?

gently caress MAND, WHY DID U NOT JUST GO TO IKEA??? THOSE LINGONBERRY MEATBALLS RIGHT GUYS?? WAFFLEHOUSE IS SUCH BAD!FOOD UNLIKE IKEA

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Dairy Queen: That place you end up at after the Wienerschnitzel next to the lube shop burns down.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Hey, lay off IKEA. I got a nice tin of ginger snaps there once.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

marshalljim posted:

Dairy Queen: That place you end up at after the Wienerschnitzel next to the lube shop burns down.

I dunno. I was kind of fond of their Flamethrower burger when they still had them...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Republicans posted:

Hey, lay off IKEA. I got a nice tin of ginger snaps there once.

and they only had a little horse meat in them!

• Locked thread