Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

FH_Meta posted:

Just remember that the picture with the strawhat, robes, and such is an edit. They're much differently dressed in the actual panel.

GOing to need some proof on this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Well, do you actually read this comic?
E: because of memory serves, the official release should be up soon.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It went up yesterday. They're just in uniforms.

Also hooray, I caught up from last month!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

That said the bland dude is clearly Vault Boy and as such his quirk is ~

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Work Friend Keven posted:

The fact that you can easily look it up aside, it's really really obvious that's an edit (lots of parts look strange and clearly edited in).

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also, "the Big Three" is exclusively a Western term for those series, and it'd be weird for Horikoshi to reference it.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Waffleman_ posted:

Also, "the Big Three" is exclusively a Western term for those series, and it'd be weird for Horikoshi to reference it.
An infamously westaboo mangaka, reference a term used in the west? Unlikely.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Y'all really wanna believe in this silly photoshop, huh?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

By "west" he means "foreign" because there's evidence that similar distinctions are used in China and Korea too, though how much of that is them picking up on western fandom terminology is up for grabs.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

It's most likely either not a reference or a reference to the so-named group from western superhero comics, the manga's specific inspiration. I have no idea why this term from overseas Jump readers has become a fixation.

e: do we even know if it's 'biggu tsurii' or a Japanese term?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh it's pretty obviously a reference to western superheroes, I just think the photoshop joke was funny and people trying to tear it down out of sheer pedantry is, to put mildly, tiresome.

And when I think something's too pedantic, then something has clearly gone wrong.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Xarbala posted:

Oh it's pretty obviously a reference to western superheroes, I just think the photoshop joke was funny and people trying to tear it down out of sheer pedantry is, to put mildly, tiresome.

And when I think something's too pedantic, then something has clearly gone wrong.

It's okay, I'm still here and we haven't hit my pedantry limit yet!

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
I wonder if we're going to see some more fallout from the big fight between our two special boys. Wall Tin-Tin there only recognized him from news about him getting into the fight, and the other class was also talking about it. Could be interesting in teaching them both a lesson about how reputations will really make things easier/harder for them as heroes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I hope Pony keeps learning fun phrases from the other students. It's gotta be tough for a foreign student.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ok thanks for talking me into going back to one piece, it definitely picked up now that they're out of water 7

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

One Piece (the manga at least) is amazing. It's the only thing I read in WSJ outside of BnHA. It's definitely in a tier all its own.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

eonwe posted:

ok thanks for talking me into one piece, it definitely picked up now that they're out of water 7

I'm happy for you

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Waffleman_ posted:

Y'all really wanna believe in this silly photoshop, huh?

fake news run amok

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Waffleman_ posted:

I hope Pony keeps learning fun phrases from the other students. It's gotta be tough for a foreign student.
Me too. Also more characterization. Her powers seem like they could be interesting.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

fake news run amok
:sad:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Work Friend Keven posted:

Just to lay this rake to rest.

Official Translation:

Fansubs:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the others are extremely obvious but the luffy edit is very well done

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Wow, that's a great 'shop.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
That's not so much a shop as it is as someone with actual drawing skill drawing over it.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Okay we hit my pedantry ceiling.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
It's interesting that Young Might has scarring on his hands and arms like Deku does.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Vault Boy face guy has a really tacky belt.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
On the other hand he never has to look for a bottle opener.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

That guy is clearly highschool era Skeezix from Gasoline Alley.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new chapter

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Boku-no-Hero-Academia/123---Invincible?id=343556

Vault Boy is no joke.

The other two...are. :v:

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jan 19, 2017

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

we were wrong about who the naruto reference was

Jintor
May 19, 2014

jesus christ

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Even Vault Boy ships Jirou and Kaminari.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It looks as though his quirk activates when he's holding his breath?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Principal: What will we do with Bakugou, the driven young man frustrated by his classmate's inability to challenge him in a fight and boiling over with anger?

Eraserhead: Whatever we do, let's make sure he misses out on the fight with the strongest guy in the school. We wouldn't want him to learn anything or work off his energy.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Every time he speaks up he looks like he's on the verge of a complete breakdown, and I think that's what sells him to me. Mineta is "desperate teenager" cranked up to infinity, and I can't help but laugh.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Mystic Mongol posted:

Principal: What will we do with Bakugou, the driven young man frustrated by his classmate's inability to challenge him in a fight and boiling over with anger?

Eraserhead: Whatever we do, let's make sure he misses out on the fight with the strongest guy in the school. We wouldn't want him to learn anything or work off his energy.

Well the fight was unplanned (but yes)

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
So what the hell kinda quirk is that? Density control?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Crasical posted:

So what the hell kinda quirk is that? Density control?

The Martian Manhunter. Or Kitty Pryde with actual hand-to-hand skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Density would mean floating or being really heavy and sinking, so no.

But :stare: Mina's horns move. Are they antenna?