Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Nestlé marketing looking good.

e: I’m Belglands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

What's wrong with nestle, lard, liver paste and deep fried pizza?

And I didn't know there were anywhere near this many blood-based dishes (and I personally know of at least two which are not on there! ugh).

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

lmao at people who can't even handle food made out of blood.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

I guess someone who's never tried blood sausages made a map.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SurgicalOntologist posted:

I guess someone who's never tried blood sausages made a map.

When almost half your map of weird food is blood something maybe it's time to realise you're a boring white bread person.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Also: Horse steaks. A regular meat from domesticated animal is weird?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Baron Corbyn posted:

When almost half your map of weird food is blood something maybe it's time to realise you're a boring white bread person.

Or maybe those countries just don't have anything particularly interesting and gross?

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

fishmech posted:

Or maybe those countries just don't have anything particularly interesting and gross?

The UK, Hungary, Germany, Poland. Yep, no weird and gross food there

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Why does Scotland get its own weird food while the rest of the UK gets combined with the Republic of Ireland anyway?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Baron Corbyn posted:

Why does Scotland get its own weird food while the rest of the UK gets combined with the Republic of Ireland anyway?

I think it’s the same thing going on with Belgium and the Netherlands: they just happen to share the same “winner”.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
You have got to be the palette of a baby person if you can't enjoy veal heart ragout

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

my girlfriend is Legos posted:

The UK, Hungary, Germany, Poland. Yep, no weird and gross food there

They mostly have boring food.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Sourdough Soup sounds amazing and not even close to the craziest Czech dish.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Salo is delicious and does not deserve to be in the same list as Lutefisk.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
The goyim are not okay. Stop drinking/eating blood, you barbarians

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like how liver paste is on there for Denmark as if that's not an everyday breakfast food in the Netherlands or Germany or Belgium or france

Ponsonby Britt
Mar 13, 2006
I think you mean, why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? Wassup?

Private Speech posted:

What's wrong with nestle, lard, liver paste and deep fried pizza?

And I didn't know there were anywhere near this many blood-based dishes (and I personally know of at least two which are not on there! ugh).

Nestle actually has a long and varied history of being horrible in terms of the environment and workers' rights. They also used fake public health campaigns in sub-Saharan Africa to convince women that formula was safer than breast-feeding (which is definitely not true if the water mixed into the formula has cholera in it).

http://www.dailydot.com/via/nestle-california-bottled-water/

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Ponsonby Britt posted:

Nestle actually has a long and varied history of being horrible in terms of the environment and workers' rights. They also used fake public health campaigns in sub-Saharan Africa to convince women that formula was safer than breast-feeding (which is definitely not true if the water mixed into the formula has cholera in it).

http://www.dailydot.com/via/nestle-california-bottled-water/

Imagine being the kind of super villain who believes people don't have a human right to water.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Oh no not horse steaks

Haha what the gently caress

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I like how Sicily and Sardinia have their own separate labels.

Also I did not know squid ink is edible

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Elyv posted:

I like how Sicily and Sardinia have their own separate labels.

Also I did not know squid ink is edible

Squid ink is also the most milquetoast thing ever. It's just food coloring.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

Squid ink is also the most milquetoast thing ever. It's just food coloring.

I've had black pasta and I didn't really notice a difference from uncoloured pasta. I read Spain's one as bull's testicles with squid ink though. If that's not the case then it's pretty weird to list two, especially when one is a lot more likely to gross someone out.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

I hope “Dressed herring“ does mean putting a fish into cute lil' clothes before eating it

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
What even is "Fried Blood" is it like a funnel cake but blood? Also I didn't know europe was so full of draculas.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

System Metternich posted:

I hope “Dressed herring“ does mean putting a fish into cute lil' clothes before eating it

it's also called "herring in a fur coat" and is covered in mayo and beets and whatnot.

it's bland and has too much mayo in it, but that's a general failing in the russian moral character, nothing to be done about it

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

The British Isles should be "Everything not cooked by an immigrant". The worst thing about Ireland is they don't even know how to cook a damned potato, and that's like their national dish or something from history.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

The British Isles should be "Everything not cooked by an immigrant". The worst thing about Ireland is they don't even know how to cook a damned potato, and that's like their national dish or something from history.

Look, potato scones are merely boring rather than actively malicious, immigrants brought Scotland the pizza crunch and the munchy box, possibly the two unhealthiest dishes ever crafted by human hands.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

The worst thing about Ireland is they don't even know how to cook a damned potato, and that's like their national dish or something from history.

Historically they were not the greatest potatoes.

Wikipedia posted:

The 'Irish Lumper' has been characterized as a "wet, nasty, knobbly old potato."

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

System Metternich posted:

Yeah its "dressed" in beets, apples and mayo essentially. It's okay.

Russian food in general is relatively bland and inoffensive but not really bad either. It gets like 5.5 out of 10.

Fizzil
Aug 24, 2005

There are five fucks at the edge of a cliff...

Tree Goat posted:

it's also called "herring in a fur coat" and is covered in mayo and beets and whatnot.

it's bland and has too much mayo in it, but that's a general failing in the russian moral character, nothing to be done about it

This is not really bad, i actually thought its really good when i tried it. I would like to nominate their deep fried cabbage for culinary horror, it was very bland.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Reveilled posted:

pizza crunch and the munchy box

why do british people always sound like toddlers, and does it have a connection with their alarmingly large prevalence of various fetishes?

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

steinrokkan posted:

why do british people always sound like toddlers, and does it have a connection with their alarmingly large prevalence of various fetishes?

Did you ever talk to an Australian? Because man, they loving love their diminutives. "Kindergarden" is "kindie" over there, for God's sake!

Don't know about any Australian fetishes though except maybe a psychotic hatred of minorities.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

those wayapi are uncontacted european citizens :france:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Whorelord posted:

seriously, wtf hungary

belgium is surrounded on all fronts

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

What's wrong with blood sausage?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
For Scotland, the deep fried mars bar is probably more horrific than the deep fried pizza, but the deep fried pizza has the benefit of actually being eaten by a number of scottish people more than once in their lifetimes so there's that. On a personal level I've found that haggis is probably the #1 most likely thing to creep out non-Scots but maybe that was too obvious a choice. And it's pretty much 100% the backstory (eww, organs) that creeps them out rather than the actual experience of eating it (which many admittedly never do due to aforementioned "eww, organs" sentiment).

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Organs are good.

People in the UK will eat most organs except the lungs, and I've never figured that one out. The lungs are the bit that creeps most people out about haggis and the reason why the FDA wouldn't let them into the USA.

Steak and pissfilter pie? Yum. Membranes of livegiving oxygen? gently caress that!

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

Organs are good.

People in the UK will eat most organs except the lungs, and I've never figured that one out. The lungs are the bit that creeps most people out about haggis and the reason why the FDA wouldn't let them into the USA.

Steak and pissfilter pie? Yum. Membranes of livegiving oxygen? gently caress that!

Yeah people are really weird about what food they decide to get freaked out by. If they can't handle scottish stuff never let them go to iceland (which is great I think).

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

What's wrong with good old pie charts?