Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

what keys? you've presumably used them already, or how else would you know they weren't compatible?

When I purchased FFXIV via Steam, launching the game prompts a pop-up showing keys to add to my service account. Since I previously had an account with characters on it, I was able to remember my original info and go into my account via the Squareenix FFXIV website. I added gametime, then went to add the product key for Heavensward to my account and it says it's invalid.

I then was reading the OP of this thread when I saw that you can only add a Heavensward steam key to ARR if the original ARR account was also purchased via Steam. Since my original key was purchased via FFXIV site directly, I can't add the Heavensward steam key to my already existing account.

So I'm sitting on two keys - one for ARR and one for HW - that I can't use at all without starting from scratch (and also losing out on my original digital collectors items).

Caeks fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jan 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Countblanc posted:

Someone posted something about miners also finding "BRM" files akin to the SAM and RDM ones, but I don't think images or links were posted so idk what happened with that

I'm pretty hyped for Brown Mage.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Combo posted:

Trying to check this game out and running into the same issue I had like a year ago which is that I can download the installer but once i run it I get an "unable to download patch files" error. Is the only solution to this really to use a loving vpn, as that's what google is telling me?
Unironically yes. Welcome to Square-Enix.

I used cyberghost, it's free and works.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I hope it's misdirection. I want a real reveal for the new job as opposed to data mining.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm pretty hyped for Brown Mage.

Artifact set is gorilla suit

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I hope it's misdirection. I want a real reveal for the new job as opposed to data mining.

It's gonna be Samurai and Red Mage. MAYBE a third but probably not.

Accept your fate.

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Combo posted:

Trying to check this game out and running into the same issue I had like a year ago which is that I can download the installer but once i run it I get an "unable to download patch files" error. Is the only solution to this really to use a loving vpn, as that's what google is telling me?

If you want to try a solution without dicking around with a VPN, the thing that worked for my friend was changing his DNS servers to google's for just long enough to finish the patching. Searching google for public dns should give you a couple to try.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Countblanc posted:

Someone posted something about miners also finding "BRM" files akin to the SAM and RDM ones, but I don't think images or links were posted so idk what happened with that

I went and had a look for myself, and the answer is a bit mundane.

The jobsam and jobrdm references are prefixed with ex2, presumably expansion 2. The jobbrm references, on the other hand, are prefixed with ex1. Notably, ex2 has similar references for every job we currently have, but with ex1 one appears to be missing: black mage.

Yep, it's a typo.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Brack Mage, attacking foes with the power of salt water.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

isk posted:

Brack Mage, attacking foes with the power of salt water.

Brak Mage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZWQMvHNOnI

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

quote:

-An issue wherein fishing in Outer La Noscea could cause the server to crash.
*As a temporary measure against this issue, we have made fishing temporarily unavailable at North Bronze Lake in Outer La Noscea. The issue will be addressed sometime next week. In the meantime, the same fish can also be obtained at North Bronze Lake in Upper La Noscea, so we ask that fishing be performed there instead until the issue has been fixed.

:newlol:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Against my better judgement, I'm watching the cutscenes to catch the story up this time out and did we really need another "Haurchefaunt is the best ever!" moment? I couldn't care less about that dude, let me toggle it in my options that my WoL canonically gives zero shits about that dude please S-E.

Petition for all "Haurchefaunt is good" moments in the story to be replaces with "Merlwyb is best" context be damned

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Jan 19, 2017

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
gkick AND hellban this shitposter

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Countblanc posted:

That was me. We figured out that the BRM files were wrongly named cutscene director instructions about 10h ago. They are identical to a pair of BLM files, so someone dun goofed.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Against my better judgement, I'm watching the cutscenes to catch the story up this time out and did we really need another "Haurchefaunt is the best ever!" moment? I couldn't care less about that dude, let me toggle it in my options that my WoL canonically gives zero shits about that dude please S-E.

Petition for all "Haurchefaunt is good" moments in the story to be replaces with "Merlwyb is best" context be damned

This is a Verranicus tier opinion.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Does Alexander Savage ever get the echo?

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

Stormgale posted:

Does Alexander Savage ever get the echo?

Gordias and Midas have an automatic 20% echo now. They'll probably give Creator the echo in 4.0.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

3.5 part 2 or 3.55 might add it. Something similar happened in A Realm Reborn.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ilifinicus posted:

That was me. We figured out that the BRM files were wrongly named cutscene director instructions about 10h ago. They are identical to a pair of BLM files, so someone dun goofed.

well drat, owned, me.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
I just waited over 3 hours in a queue to get into A2 for a WT run and the second I get in my internet cuts out. I log in just in time to see someone type "RIP" to me as I get vote kicked.

I really do hate this game sometimes.

I'm not going to bother to post FC chat because it is just a wall of expletives.

Hommando fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jan 19, 2017

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

To be honest, that scene wasn't really about Haurchefant in any way. It was about Emmanellain's continued character development, or perhaps more accurately closure for Emmanellain's character arc in Heavensward. Haurchefant was related, but not the main focus of the scene beside being a dead family member who's legacy motivates Emmanellain.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Caeks posted:

When I purchased FFXIV via Steam, launching the game prompts a pop-up showing keys to add to my service account. Since I previously had an account with characters on it, I was able to remember my original info and go into my account via the Squareenix FFXIV website. I added gametime, then went to add the product key for Heavensward to my account and it says it's invalid.

I then was reading the OP of this thread when I saw that you can only add a Heavensward steam key to ARR if the original ARR account was also purchased via Steam. Since my original key was purchased via FFXIV site directly, I can't add the Heavensward steam key to my already existing account.

So I'm sitting on two keys - one for ARR and one for HW - that I can't use at all without starting from scratch (and also losing out on my original digital collectors items).

If you still have these, I'm trying to get my wife to play.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
The Brown Mage was an NPC in FFXI who's sole purpose was to remove your current active food buff.

I, for one, am hyped to wield these terrible brown magicks.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Hommando posted:

I just waited over 3 hours in a queue to get into A2 for a WT run and the second I get in my internet cuts out. I log in just in time to see someone type "RIP" to me as I get vote kicked.

I really do hate this game sometimes.

I'm not going to bother to post FC chat because it is just a wall of expletives.

At least they felt sorry for you. :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Getting to right click random buffs off of other people (or even enemies??) would be the best thing!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Caeks posted:

Contact square Enix support over chat, when they tell you to contact steam for a refund copy/paste the chat log into your steam ticket.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I dunno brown mage seems like it would fit the setting quite well since we're basically a glorified UPS guy for half of the quests.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

he also showed up in a limit breaker quest where you needed to focus your internal power to poop out a crystal

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Literally unplayable.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Via Reddit.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

You really should spoiler that

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

He was also in a level cap quest where he casts a spell on you and makes you poo poo your pants.

I'm not kidding.

Brown Mage is the best mage.

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012
Yea, so about that title they give you at the end of the latest MSQ... Lmao RIP

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Did they not fix it last night?

That and this are going to be so goddamn exploitable.

BrightWing posted:

Oh yes, most important question of the day: Does anyone have a sound clip of SLOPPY? I need this for reasons.

See above unspoilered link.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jan 19, 2017

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Did they not fix it last night?

NOPE!

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

....well the what the hell DID they fix last night?

quote:

Fishing in Outer La Noscea could cause the server to crash.
*As a temporary measure against this issue, we have made fishing temporarily unavailable at North Bronze Lake in Outer La Noscea. The issue will be addressed sometime next week. In the meantime, the same fish can also be obtained at North Bronze Lake in Upper La Noscea, so we ask that fishing be performed there instead until the issue has been fixed.

....okay, yes. This is probably a pretty good thing to hotfix ASAP.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Watching anime gives you bad opinions.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
Bad news, ffxiv is an anime

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
I heard a rumour on Monday that the anima quest was getting nerfed on Thursday (today); how true was that? And which step if it was true?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Paissa House Horror:

• Locked thread