Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Infinitum posted:

It's almost like these people are blabber mouths and probably told wrong information

i mean it's leaks, if you focus on the 20% of stuff they inevitably get wrong you can make anyone look bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Heavy Metal posted:

I'm a lefty, and games on Wii making you move with the stick and aim a wiimote with your right hand is a lame setup for me. Since I always move a character on any setup with my left hand, but I would aim a remote/lightgun with my left hand. In general stuff like Mario galaxy having me aim at wacky stuff on the screen a bit and shake a thing while doing normal Mario moves just made the game control worse. Especially because I'm a lefty, so it's awkward to do it with my right hand. Just one example.
The Wiimote and nunchuk were designed so that you could use them in either hand though.

e: ok I re-read it and get you now. Yeah I think Nintendo were trying to be thoughtful to lefties but really most were probably used to modern controllers.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jan 19, 2017

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Not a Children posted:

I'll reserve judgment til I get to try it and see the build quality, but the prices for the accessories seem absurd. I was pissed when I had to pay $50 for a Wii U Pro controller (even though it is excellent); $70 for a Switch Pro controller is not reasonable, no matter how nice it is. $80 for a pair of joycons is flat-out awful. If they can bring controller prices down to the $50 range, I'd probably take the plunge, but as things stand I'd probably just make do with the included accessories.

That said, if they released gamecube controller-shaped joycons along with smash, they'd probably make a mint.

$40-50 on release

Pretty sure Bomberman 64 was 60 bucks on release

edit: here are some old Electronics Boutique ads, 59.99 for Bomberman 64 http://huguesjohnson.com/scans/EBChristmas97/nintendo-sega.html

whaley fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jan 19, 2017

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Erg posted:

I remember that Laura Dale twitter that everyone was relying on for leaks saying that Mother 3 on the VC was going to be announced during the big Switch conference. So did that not happen or what

Considering they have said nothing about VC yet at all, something that might be a huge selling point, except that subscribers get a NES/SNES game for a month (6 months after launch), I would say the easiest explanation is: The thing is far from finished or ready at launch. Or useable before Q3, so you can't really announce any games for it yet.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Comparing the price of Bomberman R to Bomberman games from like 15 years ago is a weird thing to do. Bomberman as a game series has devalued itself by releasing budget-cost downloadable Bomberman games for a while now as basically the only way the franchise has been around, for years. Just because we haven't had a Bomberman in a while doesn't mean $50 isn't overpriced for a game that's not going to have enough content to justify it's own price tag.

But since it's one of effectively 3 launch titles for the system it'll sell regardless so I guess it doesn't matter.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

whaley posted:

Pretty sure Bomberman 64 was 60 bucks on release

edit: here are some old Electronics Boutique ads, 59.99 for Bomberman 64 http://huguesjohnson.com/scans/EBChristmas97/nintendo-sega.html

Bomberman 64 is an adventure game with bomberman multiplayer included in the package. It is worth a lot more than bomberman r's package.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Real hurthling! posted:

Bomberman 64 is an adventure game with bomberman multiplayer included in the package. It is worth a lot more than bomberman r's package.

Bomberman R is the same thing tho

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Here's the $9.99 Hori Screen Protector.

Not sure why there is a $10 difference between the regular and "premium".

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I wonder if there's some kind of technical difference between playing games with a joycon in each hand vs then being stuck in a grip. Like, will Zelda be mad at me when I try to play in my favorite "laziest man ever" lounging position?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I think I paid €40 or €45 for Pilotwings 3D when the 3DS launched, even though I had a huge backlog of DS games to keep me busy. :negative:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Gutcruncher posted:

I wonder if there's some kind of technical difference between playing games with a joycon in each hand vs then being stuck in a grip. Like, will Zelda be mad at me when I try to play in my favorite "laziest man ever" lounging position?

*Touch the Joycons together to kiss Zelda*

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I think the HD rumble may feel more prominent holding it out of the grip. I E heard you can feel cool stuff such as air bubbles when underwater and the tension of the bow.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

greatn posted:

I think the HD rumble may feel more prominent holding it out of the grip. I E heard you can feel cool stuff such as air bubbles when underwater and the tension of the bow.

Air bubbles? Finally, now I too can know the sheer terror of almost drowning in a Sonic water level.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I thought the $60 for 1-2-Switch was unreasonable until I found out it comes with a spare couple JoyCons

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

glassyalabolas posted:

Plastic vs. glass, perhaps?

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I thought the $60 for 1-2-Switch was unreasonable until I found out it comes with a spare couple JoyCons

There's no way they're selling a pair of joycons for $80 and also doing this.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

wait, what? Seriously?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Source?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

greatn posted:

I'll get back to u after I try the rumble demos while in a hot comfy bath

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

:butt:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Honestly though nobody will buy it, we'll have a big new hole in the Nevada desert dug come May

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Laura also tweeted out that the 4chan leak was 100% wrong and got pretty much everything incorrect outside the few real obvious things but whatever keeps the rumor mill going I guess. I know SA really likes her for whatever reason v:ghost:v

Mother 3 isn't gonna happen at this point, like leakers aside I dunno why anyone honestly expected it at the switch event. Didn't Japan not really give a poo poo about that game at all or something? I can't imagine them dedicating a portion of the hour to going "also MOTHER 3 IN THE STATES WOOO!!!" when it was so Japan-focused in the first place.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Dr Cheeto posted:

There's no way they're selling a pair of joycons for $80 and also doing this.

That price is so ridiculous you were this close to falling for it though

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

I'm sure they won't but making it come with one joycon would be cool, like the new Wii Play.

Except that you have no idea which half you'll be getting! Hahaha suckers!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Jimmy Hats posted:

Bomberman R is the same thing tho

Bomberman R, to be fair, is more in line with the old SNES games where you beat enemies in grids and then step on a warp panel to go to the next level. It's not a big open field type game like the N64 versions.

You can see some screenshots they released the other day here. I still dig it though as I found those games relaxing.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Laura also tweeted out that the 4chan leak was 100% wrong and got pretty much everything incorrect outside the few real obvious things but whatever keeps the rumor mill going I guess. I know SA really likes her for whatever reason v:ghost:v

Mother 3 isn't gonna happen at this point, like leakers aside I dunno why anyone honestly expected it at the switch event. Didn't Japan not really give a poo poo about that game at all or something? I can't imagine them dedicating a portion of the hour to going "also MOTHER 3 IN THE STATES WOOO!!!" when it was so Japan-focused in the first place.

Mother 3 has always been a cult classic, even in Japan. It's not hated, but it's not exactly seen as one of the greatest games of all time. Mostly it's treated like any domestic franchise of note is here; most people like it, some people find it's rough around the edges, and people on image boards are generally terrible.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

glassyalabolas posted:

Thanks for this, Hori's screen protectors are fantastic.

I think the only games I'm picking up at launch are Zelda and FAST RMX, which is rumored to be ready for launch but Shin'En is waiting for finalized eStore information before announcing it. Everything else looks like it'll be heavily discounted after a few months of sitting on shelves.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

TFRazorsaw posted:

Mother 3 has always been a cult classic, even in Japan. It's not hated, but it's not exactly seen as one of the greatest games of all time. Mostly it's treated like any domestic franchise of note is here; most people like it, some people find it's rough around the edges, and people on image boards are generally terrible.

That's fair, I just recall reading somewhere that it was just kinda "eeeh" over there and some posts going "Why does the west want this game so bad anyway?" type stuff.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

*Touch the Joycons together to kiss Zelda*

What? That's dumb

The joycon has a sensor. You kiss the joycon yourself to kiss Zelda.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

What does blowing on the mic do in Zelda switch

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

That's fair, I just recall reading somewhere that it was just kinda "eeeh" over there and some posts going "Why does the west want this game so bad anyway?" type stuff.

That is more or less the case. Like I said, it's a "cult classic". I assume this is what you read? Keep in mind most people who comment on what this person looked at aren't going to be dedicated fans of the franchise, given it was reported on a major news site.

Generally Japan seems to see Mother 3 as being pretty rough. It's got a less stellar reputation than its predecessor, at least.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Nintendo has had Mother 3 ready for years, but intentionally hold it off anytime someone leaks it's existence.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

ethanol posted:

makes link blow on things

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Gutcruncher posted:

The joycon has a sensor. You kiss the joycon yourself to kiss Zelda.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

greatn posted:

Does your phone support Bluetooth headsets? It supports you using your phone.

I don't care about voice chat, I mean audio from the system itself for games.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

ethanol posted:

That's the Breath of the Wild.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

timged this makes a very, very good avatar.

EDIT:

In Fact:

VideoGames fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jan 19, 2017

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

codenameFANGIO posted:

That's the Breath of the Wild.

Depends on if you brushed your teeth or not.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I don't like the pricing for Bomberman R.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

That price is so ridiculous you were this close to falling for it though

No, because if Nintendo was willing to take a loss on the cost of developing hyperrealistic force feedback for the cow milking game they would have done it as a pack-in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

VideoGames posted:

timged this makes a very, very good avatar.

EDIT:

In Fact:

I was just going to ask for someone to do this

e: It's too big :negative:

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jan 19, 2017

• Locked thread