Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

I said come in! posted:

I've been anxiously waiting for this. I hope the release date is not a long wait. The arcade version has been out for like 2 years in Japan.

They advertised a Feb 2017 release at least a year ago. I guess now they'll target April or May.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Morby posted:

They advertised a Feb 2017 release at least a year ago. I guess now they'll target April or May.

Around when Injustice 2 comes out??? :ohdear:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I thought this was universally acknowledged. :shrug:

edit; The only platformers I can think of that are as fun to play as Mario 3 are Rayman Origins and Klonoa 2.

This needs to show up as either a PS2 Classic on PS3 or a PS2-on-PS4 title, because I need this again.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Gravity Rush 2: loving Beautiful.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jan 19, 2017

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Around when Injustice 2 comes out??? :ohdear:

There are so many good games coming out this year. Every month seems to have at least 2 highly-anticipated releases.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It'll be nice I actually get to play 2 games with fantastic art direction in a row after just finishing TLG.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

drat you, SS, I don't get to play mine for another 34 hours :negative:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It's interesting to compare with the first art-wise:

They toned down the crazy sky colors a bit but drastically increased the colors for the cityscape.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

drat you, SS, I don't get to play mine for another 34 hours :negative:

It's out in PAL regions too :smuggo:. I can also confirm it is indeed loving gorgeous.

Also the new camera (the take-pictures kind) is a silly and stupid mechanic that is a weird thing to put in Gravity Rush 2. And I love the poo poo out of it :allears:.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's out in PAL regions too :smuggo:. I can also confirm it is indeed loving gorgeous.

Also the new camera (the take-pictures kind) is a silly and stupid mechanic that is a weird thing to put in Gravity Rush 2. And I love the poo poo out of it :allears:.

Yes.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

This reminds me when people posted no man's sky screens and I thought they all looked horrible

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

ethanol posted:

This reminds me when people posted no man's sky screens and I thought they all looked horrible

Same

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

ethanol posted:

:same:

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Genocyber posted:

If you do decide to try and get back into the game, I'd also recommend maybe waiting for a month or two. There's a content patch coming in February that is planned to add a "Radiant mode" to the game, which seeks to make the gameplay a bit less tedious, as the base gameplay is fairly grindy.

This is good, I'm waiting until I hear more about this before forgetting about the game forever then. I've never heard someone describe Darkest Dungeon at length without bringing up how grindy it is. Everything I've heard said that they dumped the grind into the game right before launch for no apparent reason and that the balance was really good in the betas before that.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Takoluka posted:

This needs to show up as either a PS2 Classic on PS3 or a PS2-on-PS4 title, because I need this again.

Seriously, it must be a rights issue, because no game that good should be that rare.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Seriously, it must be a rights issue, because no game that good should be that rare.

I think it's more because various Klonoa games were released on a few systems throughout the early 00s and no one bought them. :(

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Neo Rasa posted:

I think it's more because various Klonoa games were released on a few systems throughout the early 00s and no one bought them. :(

Yes, but, K1 has usually been available as a PS1 classic.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I hope they port Klonoa Dream Volleyball.

There's a Klonoa cgi movie in the works for whatever reason so hopefully we'll get rereleases of the earlier games.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Just ordered Yakuza 0 😍👍

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Am I misunderstanding or did like 4 people in a row just say gravity rush 2 is ugly looking?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Yeah, honestly, I don't get it.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
It looks like anime so I mean

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

FishBulb posted:

It looks like anime so I mean

What do you mean "you people"?

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick

What do you mean "you people"?

Weebs

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

What's with these guys

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

veni veni veni posted:

Am I misunderstanding or did like 4 people in a row just say gravity rush 2 is ugly looking?

Yeah, it's hideous.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

I think gravity rush 2 looks nice.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

veni veni veni posted:

Dumb people have always existed

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

In what world is this not hideous? It looks like my nephew has been loving around with the contrast and colour settings on the TV.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Weavered posted:

In what world is this not hideous? It looks like my nephew has been loving around with the contrast and colour settings on the TV.

Your nephew is a talented genius

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Weavered posted:

In a world where that scene probably has context and cannot be appreciated as a singular frame.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That's a screenshot of GR1. 2 is supposed to have less garish colors, like in the screenshots above it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

If you want a good laugh, check out the AV clubs review of Gravity Rush 2. I'm not gonna link it cos I think AV CLub is garbage.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

http://www.avclub.com/review/gravity-rush-2-will-test-your-stomach-anime-bullsh-248625

It's a good article, because it informed me of sexy outfits for Kat, so I'm grabbing Gravity Rush 2. Thanks, AV Club and QoP!

SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.

Weavered posted:

that screenshot is from the first Gravity Rush which is a vita port and he even said that was from the first game in the quote you posted.

That said both games are very pretty full stop

KrayG
Jul 20, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Weavered posted:

It looks pretty its just baffling that people want to pay full price to play it when itll be ps plus fodder in 12 months.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yes, I am certain that Gravity Rush 2 will be on PS+ within a year. I mean just think of all those other PS4 games that have ended up on the PSN+ within a year like Injustice and... uh... Injustice?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Also some people seem to be getting very confused between the first and second game.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

If you want a good laugh, check out the AV clubs review of Gravity Rush 2. I'm not gonna link it cos I think AV CLub is garbage.

Seemed pretty gushing to me... it actually made me mildly interested despite being wary of the anime trappings (which is how I found the article to begin with). The first part in particular hypes it up a bit. I haven't really been drawn in from what I've seen of GR1 Remastered and the GR2 trailers though.

(As an aside, why are you still reading reviews of a website you think is garbage?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Electromax posted:

(As an aside, why are you still reading reviews of a website you think is garbage?)

I just saw the headline on twitter, someone I follow posted the "anime bullshit" thing.

I didn't actually read it, I just rolled my eyes at the headline.