Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Yeah I didn't read that. Self owned again.

Click for balls:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Viva Miriya posted:

It's actually Rust Martialis. I've seen him around on a response fleet in Delve sometime last week responding to our gatecamp.

Huh. I don't recall that name outside of this thread. I assumed he was one of the Thetans I had actually had an interaction with.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Carth Dookie posted:

Yeah I didn't read that. Self owned again.

Click for balls:

I got a chuckle out of that. Even with tars disabled I still get ducked everyday.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

stale meme dot png posted:

your anecdote, as cute as it is, doesn't really add anything to the discussion dude.

you're dumb as hell and if rust hates you its not for no reason you pissbitch so just go away and join angelique and despera in crazybrains scratching at the door limbo

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

you're dumb as hell and if rust hates you its not for no reason you pissbitch so just go away and join angelique and despera in crazybrains scratching at the door limbo

I'm not scratching at poo poo, sweetheart. I'm in the house so much you might as well call me Cory.

Cut it out with "crazybrains." It's not funny. And whenever someone jokes with you about living in a trailer or being fat you sperg out like a baby, but here you are being a pathetic bully. I kind of feel bad for you sometimes. :sad:

Oh and for the record I say nice things about you behind your back. I still will, and you'll still bully me. Big man.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
Further the notion of anyone actually hating anyone else in the context of a video game is loving laughable to me.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Viva Miriya posted:

Man this is gonna sound rich coming from me, because if anyone has an attitude problem in EVE, it's me a hundredfold. But yeah do you think maybe if you dialed down the entitlement, the arrogance, and the whole "bite the hand that tries to help you" things might be better for you spaceship wise and maybe in general?

e:

:ironicat:

You are far from loving humble. You got offered a chance back and you spit on it because you didn't like the reputation of the corp that offered it.

While you're broadly right, she was responding to an offer to "sponsor" from Scooter McScam, so you called her out for one of the few amusing additions to the thread* she has provided.

*Unless you get off on watching tedious self-abasement and classic omega-ing along the lines of "that person you all hate? Well I hate them more!", in which case it's presumably a gold-mine.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Further the notion of anyone actually hating anyone else in the context of a video game is loving laughable to me.

You must have never played EVE Online then.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

I find it awfully hard to thole that concordiat guy who runs Spaceship Samurai, although I'd admit that he's very good at what he does.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Hello thread!

I am watching my training skill slowly deplete, which is awesome as I've got a week and a bit left. Then I'm going to do some nutty mining if I can and maybe finally make the excursion into Nullsec! I've been toying with it for ages and very absent from the game aside from the occasional log on and mine for an hour to music.

Also, I preordered a Nintendo Switch like a madman so feel free to mock me for that.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Viva Miriya posted:

You must have never played EVE Online then.

yes all this time has been a fever dream.

EDIT: Hi VG - I'm getting a switch too but not a preorder I don't typically do that.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Endie posted:

While you're broadly right, she was responding to an offer to "sponsor" from Scooter McScam, so you called her out for one of the few amusing additions to the thread* she has provided.

*Unless you get off on watching tedious self-abasement and classic omega-ing along the lines of "that person you all hate? Well I hate them more!", in which case it's presumably a gold-mine.

Everything Zephyrine posts is a goldmine if you are into watching video game induced stockholm syndrome in action coupled with a mean case of cognitive dissonance.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Endie posted:

I find it awfully hard to thole that concordiat guy who runs Spaceship Samurai, although I'd admit that he's very good at what he does.

I had to google that word. What's wrong with securitas? He's a decent enough dude and he kicked some wormhole corp out of his spaceship alliance after a 5 minute convo for me so that always a plus.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
I enjoyed Securitas' posting on kugu most of the time honestly. I don't have much of an opinion of him other than that.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I miss kugu.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
:same:

Jbz
Jun 6, 2011

VideoGames posted:

Hello thread!

I am watching my training skill slowly deplete, which is awesome as I've got a week and a bit left. Then I'm going to do some nutty mining if I can and maybe finally make the excursion into Nullsec! I've been toying with it for ages and very absent from the game aside from the occasional log on and mine for an hour to music.

Also, I preordered a Nintendo Switch like a madman so feel free to mock me for that.

I'm going to be VERY disappointed if you don't go mining in that Rorqual with a fancy skin surrounded by friends in big spaceships!

Jbz
Jun 6, 2011

Before I die/quit eve that is. Don't sweat it if you're busy with things or whatever!

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Viva Miriya posted:

I had to google that word. What's wrong with securitas? He's a decent enough dude and he kicked some wormhole corp out of his spaceship alliance after a 5 minute convo for me so that always a plus.

Yeah I know, he's really good with newbies, a very active asset to any corp etc etc. I always just found him to be singularly irritating. I can't even remember why.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

you're dumb as hell and if rust hates you its not for no reason

what if the reason is because he's a bitch!

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010
I was in SS for a brief time, the only problem Securitas ever has was his inability to understand the importance of supply chains and the need for bigger ship doctrines than Caracals.

Industrial people would attempt to explain this to him and cite the importance of having a localized production base, but typically it would get ignored or pressed on the idea that no one in BNI & SS was going to be ready for capital ships at any real point in the immediate future.

Other than his strategic shortsightedness he was a pretty good guy.

The more I read this thread, the more I realize I will likely never get a chance to see what GSF is really like outside of the nostalgia posts from the people who got kicked out or left and live in this thread.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Worlds Smuggest posted:

I was in SS for a brief time, the only problem Securitas ever has was his inability to understand the importance of supply chains and the need for bigger ship doctrines than Caracals.

Industrial people would attempt to explain this to him and cite the importance of having a localized production base, but typically it would get ignored or pressed on the idea that no one in BNI & SS was going to be ready for capital ships at any real point in the immediate future.

Other than his strategic shortsightedness he was a pretty good guy.

The more I read this thread, the more I realize I will likely never get a chance to see what GSF is really like outside of the nostalgia posts from the people who got kicked out or left and live in this thread.

idgi why can't you join straightaway

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Oh and for the record I say nice things about you behind your back. I still will, and you'll still bully me. Big man.

This is a mirror image of the handful of people who still tell you to shut the gently caress up but also think your posting contributes to the overall entertainment value of the thread.

VideoGames posted:

You're guaranteed to get a good Zelda title, probably a few Marios, an SSB, and a ton of retro titles - there's no shame in pre-ordering Nintendo. Particularly when they seem to deliberately short their supply.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Do you have a link to it? Asking for a friend...

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3760555

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

tickets to the gunt show posted:

This is a mirror image of the handful of people who still tell you to shut the gently caress up but also think your posting contributes to the overall entertainment value of the thread.

For a second I thought about this and wondered what the gently caress you meant, but then I remembered that I hadn't seen you around in a while and I was particularly pleased by this and also somewhat disappointed you'd crawl out from under your rock just to say some backhanded lovely thing to me. Next time you want to do that, do the Internet at large a favor and stay under your rock.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Nintendo's a safe bet. Yea, they've had some less than stellar consoles but they're usually Johnny on the spot.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

your anecdote, as cute as it is, doesn't really add anything to the discussion dude.

:ironicat:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Jumping on the "Rust is a neato dude and if he thinks you're a knob that's probably on you" bandwagon

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Speaking of, check your goddamn GF pms Maneck and Rust (and Leask if you still read this thread)

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Runescape and EVE pair well together

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

For a second I thought about this and wondered what the gently caress you meant, but then I remembered that I hadn't seen you around in a while and I was particularly pleased by this and also somewhat disappointed you'd crawl out from under your rock just to say some backhanded lovely thing to me. Next time you want to do that, do the Internet at large a favor and stay under your rock.

Oh look I try to say something nice to Paco and he responds with an hurtful, irrational outburst...

gently caress you dude.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

What else did you expect? He is nothing but a angry noise generator, who will straight up make poo poo up if he doesn't have enough stuff to be stupid about.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
why is packo still in gsf

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Venom Snake posted:

why is packo still in gsf
bad posting only gets you roed, not kicked out

we'd be a much smaller alliance if only good posters could be members

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

evilweasel posted:

epsilon squad would've carried the alliance (not)

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

this is a cool word that i've never seen before so thank you for that

i too think securitas protector is a grade A shitelaird

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

evilweasel posted:

Just Flanders and Rdevz alone in the keepstar.

People poo poo post a lot and that’s fair game. People hang with their mates anf just stay clear of others. But I'll never get this whole unironic call for a kick of someone for poo poo posting. Sure there are extreme cases but Paco never hurt anyone. People who genuinly argue for some sort of purge by executive order are alien and ungoony.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jan 19, 2017

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

This is true. Paco is too nice.

Also true. Some of you are just dumbfucks for hating on someone based on videogames or posts on a dead comedy forum.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

VideoGames posted:

Hello thread!

Nintendo switch seems pretty cool actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

I'm not scratching at poo poo, sweetheart. I'm in the house so much you might as well call me Cory.

Cut it out with "crazybrains." It's not funny. And whenever someone jokes with you about living in a trailer or being fat you sperg out like a baby, but here you are being a pathetic bully. I kind of feel bad for you sometimes. :sad:

from the top:

you are in the house in the same way any other unwanted child is in the house, begrudgingly at best and preferably unseen and unheard in some disused corner

no, yes it is, "those things are not true" is sperging in your crazy hosed up retard world

your opinion is irrelevant and neither helps nor hinders anyone go away your current tactic isnt working and has never worked before

• Locked thread