Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Yikes. Sounds like Tech's arguably best DT has quit the team, no-showing to spring semester. Certainly not ideal.

One of Tech's inside receivers has quit as well, but his is more of a medical retirement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

KKKLIP ART posted:

of all the HGTV DIY style shows, Fixer Upper is the least bad but that isn't exactly a high bar to cross.

I will literally fight you on behalf of my tall beautiful boys the property brothers

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Just as long as we can all agree the hosts from Love it or List it should both be fed through a woodchipper.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

whiteyfats posted:

Also. I think FSU and Clemson are the two most SEC teams not actually in the SEC.

I mean, if the SEC just gobbled them up it's like the conference would just get more SEC. Certainly a better fit than Aggy or Mizzou.

I prefer being in a good conference

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Kalli posted:

Just as long as we can all agree the hosts from Love it or List it should both be fed through a woodchipper.

I'll ride for list it guy, smug rear end love it lady can get lost

The worst is clearly any show involving tiny homes

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Whats the one with the tiny blonde lady doing stuff by herself and her teenage son makes angsty guest apperances

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Diners Drive-ins and Dives.

Cheerwine is swill. Cherry Sundrop is p good.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

MourningView posted:

I will literally fight you on behalf of my tall beautiful boys the property brothers

Shame on them for not donning red and green overalls and calling themselves the super property brothers

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Warbird posted:

Diners Drive-ins and Dives.

Cheerwine is swill. Cherry Sundrop is p good.

One of my best friends was in two Sun Drop commercials, one with a spoken line! It played all the drat time during college football games and ar first I was like, oh cool, there is Evan, but then after the 100th time I wanted to never drink Sun Drop or see him again.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

vikingstrike posted:

HGTV show Fixer Upper

gently caress that show and that couple.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

There's an unhealthy obsession with this Faygo poo poo in Detroit for some reason and I have no idea why. But I just moved here so who knows.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Rad Valtar posted:

gently caress that show and that couple.

Shiplap

Dislikes:
The gays

Yep, this checks out.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

RIP Account posted:

We had a good set lf QBs this year too.

Was nice to watch. I really hope the Syracuse QB's brains get unscrambled tho

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

vyst posted:

There's an unhealthy obsession with this Faygo poo poo in Detroit for some reason and I have no idea why. But I just moved here so who knows.

Faygo is ok and Better Maid chips are actively bad. The people who love those things also think Kid Rock is a great ambassador.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

let me tell you about Herr's and Tastykake

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

kayakyakr posted:

One of Tech's inside receivers has quit as well, but his is more of a medical retirement.

Retirement, eh? I wonder what type of benefits package he gets with his pension.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

MourningView posted:

The best is Flip or Flop, especially with all the drama surrounding the couple now.

Also the dude's hilarious not-subtle reactions to how much things cost

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

vyst posted:

It's from detroit, it was the standard cheaper option/crazy flavor option in michigan long before ICP made it a weird thing.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
This HGTV discussion is pretty great evidence that the average age on the forums has crept up over the years.

Also, Property Bros is the one true HGTV show.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RIP Account posted:

Me, too. The ACC meatgrinder prepares teams to dominate in the post-season.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I've been tricked into watching Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles so much that I've started yelling at the people on the TV like sports.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

the mean lunch lady posted:

The best is Flip or Flop, especially with all the drama surrounding the couple now.

That lady is pretty cute, but the one-percenter acting like she is in over her head gets kind of old.

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jan 19, 2017

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Korranus posted:

That lady is pretty cute, but the one-percenter acting like she is in over her head gets kind of old.

I love house hunters for this kind of stuff.

A 30-something couple where one person is a graphic designer and the other is like a teacher or something. Neither clearly making a ton.

"So we'd like to move to San Diego, and we have a budget of $1.5 million." :psyduck:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
My mom watches that poo poo and I cant understand it. Idgaf about owning or decorating a house, and even if I did I wouldnt care what other people do with theirs.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Mr. Nice! posted:

Retirement, eh? I wonder what type of benefits package he gets with his pension.

Gets to keep his scholarship and also the function of his knees?

Relentlessboredomm posted:

This HGTV discussion is pretty great evidence that the average age on the forums has crept up over the years.

Had a friend who was on one of those shows as a prospective buyer. Really, he was just a friend of the people that owned the house that was being renovated. They used a local architect to redesign and had a big crew do the reno job in about 5 days, with breaks for filming in-progress stuff.

They also like to play up "awful" things in a house so when they put in cabinets, floors, and paint, its like a massive transition. Some of the shows, they'll reno one or two rooms and leave the rest of the house looking like old poo poo.

I know with Property Bros, they already have the house sold, usually months before, then they film the "other house tours" as well as the reno.

It's all fake. Fixer-upper might be the "most real" one they do because Joana actually does do the designs and collect poo poo from Roundtop and Chip actually is head contractor, though he's not often on site. I think with those, they only film the drive-around after a house is purchased like Property Bros does and reno jobs take 2-3 months like normal.

Also those two do hate the gays.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I end up watching those HGTV home renovation shows every once in a while, but nothing on there compares to the majesty of This Old House.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Duckaerobics posted:

I end up watching those HGTV home renovation shows every once in a while, but nothing on there compares to the majesty of This Old House.

Also Old Yankee Workshop

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The local PBS station out of Gainesville used to show This Old House, Old Yankee Workshop, Justin Wilson and the Frugal Gourmet* every weekend back in the late 80s/early 90s, and it was awesome.

*Before it came out that Jeff Smith paid underaged boys for sex.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

got any sevens posted:

My mom watches that poo poo and I cant understand it. Idgaf about owning or decorating a house, and even if I did I wouldnt care what other people do with theirs.

They sell t-shirts that say #shiplap on them now. My parents own a matching set. :negative:

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Sash! posted:

I've been tricked into watching Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles so much that I've started yelling at the people on the TV like sports.

MDL rankings are: NY > LA >>>>>>>>> MIA/SF

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

DJExile posted:

I love house hunters for this kind of stuff.

A 30-something couple where one person is a graphic designer and the other is like a teacher or something. Neither clearly making a ton.

"So we'd like to move to San Diego, and we have a budget of $1.5 million." :psyduck:

Me and my wife love watching House Hunters and guessing what they pick. Most the time we're wrong and yelling at the TV because they never pick the one with the actual stuff they are looking for.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
The best DIY show is Rehab Addict and it's not even close.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

the mean lunch lady posted:

That was good for a solid day of jokes about how he must have tried an open concept marriage.

That and probably the increasing percentage of us in serious relationships. HGTV/DIY are pretty much the only two channels my girlfriend watches so I have strong opinions on the house hunters franchise (international is the best one, everyone on Tiny should be fired out of a cannon and into woodchipper inside a volcano)

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Rad Valtar posted:

Me and my wife love watching House Hunters and guessing what they pick. Most the time we're wrong and yelling at the TV because they never pick the one with the actual stuff they are looking for.

It's because they already bought a house and the "others" are professionally matched to their wants and often aren't on sale.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

kayakyakr posted:

It's because they already bought a house and the "others" are professionally matched to their wants and often aren't on sale.

This is salacious libel against the good name of HGTV. How dare you sir

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

If the plot arc wasn't always the same, Love It or List It would be King.

But yeah, Property Bros is the best. My wife and I refer to the initial showing house as the Dick House, because it's always 4x their budget and loving awesome.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
HGTV chat is a weird twist from the standard BBQ chat

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

But yeah, Property Bros is the best. My wife and I refer to the initial showing house as the Dick House, because it's always 4x their budget and loving awesome.

yesssss I knew I wasn't the only one who loved this

and yeah HGTV is p much appointment television for anyone over their mid 20s in a relationship or marriage. It's just inevitable.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
im thankful i dont watch this retarded poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I swear every one of those shows where they show off 3 houses, one is always 50 miles from where they stated they wanted to be, one was twice their budget and the last was something close to what they wanted.

The tiny houses people just make me wish they'd lose everything in a recession and end up living out of their cars like they apparently want to.

• Locked thread