Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Ultiville posted:

The ability is good but also a lot of the good blue stuff requires you to have a blue character alive to work. It makes it way less clear that the opponent should just shoot the nightsister.

Mind Probe and Force Throw are the only blue-required items, and they can be holocroned onto a Stormtrooper.

It's still a decent idea, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thocan
Jan 18, 2014

Deviant posted:

Mind Probe and Force Throw are the only blue-required items, and they can be holocroned onto a Stormtrooper.

It's still a decent idea, though.

Any spot-blue events in your deck? I admittedly didn't look back to see if you posted a full deck list, but that could be another reason to use a second Nightsister.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

thocan posted:

Any spot-blue events in your deck? I admittedly didn't look back to see if you posted a full deck list, but that could be another reason to use a second Nightsister.

Not as it currently stands. A few spot Red, but 2/2 doesnt' really hurt that.

Edit:
Anyone want to trade/sell to me to fill in the gaps in my Uncommons? Looking for 1 each of these:

Force Strike
Emperor’s Favor
Ace in the Hole
Fight Dirty
Underworld Connections
Resistance HQ
Shoot First
Play the Odds
Second Chance
Dug In
Mind Trick
It Binds All Things
Reversal

I'd like to crack open a third box, but good luck finding one anymore.

Deviant fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jan 18, 2017

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

canyoneer posted:

Went to an event tonight at the $20 starter set store I was complaining about. I went because the EV was good, my dudes.

Guy said he was putting up an OP kit, 2 starters to the winner, and 4 more starters in a random raffle. 8 people showed up. :laugh:

I brought all the fury that 2 starter boxes and 12 booster packs could muster, building a villain deck with literally all the possible dice I could bring.
Grievous/Kylo/Stormtrooper.
I got rolled in my fist game vs eJango and 2 troopers. Grievous literally never did damage, and I was able to kill Jango before the guy's two undamaged Stormtroopers cleaned up my last dude.
Second game was Qui Gon and Rey. Qui Gon is gnarly, and these two just dunked on me until I was completely shut out, one damage away from killing Rey and with Qui Gon at full health (and shields, of course). Dude commented that I didn't have very many dice in my deck, and suggested I add more. I told him that he was looking at all the dice I own that could legally be included. Oh.
Third game was against the only other 0-2, a dragged-along girlfriend with a borrowed eKylo/2x Nightsister deck. This was her 6th game ever, and she's never played a CCG before. We went to time, and I managed to kill Kylo Ren and a Nightsister while losing just my Stormtrooper (with a ton of damage on my own Kylo). To the tiebreaker, we both had 17 damage done. Second tiebreaker, I had 5 more cards in my draw deck so I actually logged a win :toot:
Left with a TIE fighter promo card, and won a raffle for a Kylo Ren starter set. Good deal for a $5 entry fee.

Those 3 games were also the least fun Destiny games I've ever played. Turns out when your deck is greatly outmatched by people who have been able to buy product, it's not as much fun to play them. It probably wasn't much fun for the first two dudes to wail on me either.

I'm hesitant to buy any singles on the secondary market right now, because the singles prices really feel inflated due to the lack of available sealed boosters.

I had a very similar experience over the weekend as well. Went to a $2 5 round event last saturday. I originally thought it was going to be 3 rounds, but we had 18 people show up so they extended it. I only have 1 of each starter and about 28 packs so far, but I did get rolled by people that have the good stuff.I was running eDooku/Grevious. My first two rounds we against eJango/trooper/trooper and eJango/eVeers. That was killer to play against but I still had fun. I then played against someone with Rey/Qui-gon/Hired gun, which was weird, but got close near the end. The next guy had the kylo starter and a few boosters and ran Kylo/Grevious/Trooper, he made a few mistakes with upgrades and that last turn I ended up being able to one shot his Trooper, which was fun. In the last round I was lucky enough to finally see a mill deck in action, he played eRey/ePadme and wrecked my poo poo.

Prize payout was just to top 5 since we didn't get a whole lot of packs for whatever reason, and they didn't have a OP kit either. I had a lot of fun though, and got to see a few people I played Dicemasters with. I also did a lot better then I expected, considering I had only played 3 games ever before the tournament. On top of that, my usual LGS is starting a league with an OP kit to try and get more people in, so I'm excited to get a tie fighter and a chance at the promo kylo. Though I do need way more packs to make my decks smoother to play.

stoko
Nov 26, 2003

Wobbuffet! Wobbuffet!! WHERE!?

Ultiville posted:

The ability is good but also a lot of the good blue stuff requires you to have a blue character alive to work. It makes it way less clear that the opponent should just shoot the nightsister.

That's pretty much my entire reason. It also screws with someone playing Dodge against you.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

I played against eJango/eVeers last night. I can see the advantage of having ranged damage from the character opposite Jango. That can be a huge amount of damage at once. Especially when they get lucky and have two Jetpacks in their opening hand.

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

The law protects no one unless it binds everyone, binds no one unless it protects everyone.

stoko posted:

That's pretty much my entire reason. It also screws with someone playing Dodge against you.

I've also been pretty impressed with some of the things that require you to have a blue character overall and being able to run more of them might be an advantage. Enrage especially feels like a good fit with a deck that has a bunch of kind of garbage characters serving as HP bags - it's unlikely you'll want to buff up both Nightsisters, so Enrage on the one that's doing reroll duty reduces your overall health pool, but probably doesn't contribute to bringing down a priority target for the opponent.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
One of the local guys is going to be running a league starting next week. Part of the league is encouraging people to play different decks, so they are going to have bonus points based on the following criteria:

Play Hero characters
Play Villain characters
Play a one color deck (gray is not a color)
Play a two color deck (gray is not a color)
Play a three color deck (gray is not a color)
Play 2 characters
Play 3 characters

It's 5 games/week and you get 1 point for each of the above you play. I plan on playing a Padme/Leia deck and a Padme/Trooper/Padawan mill deck. That get's me two color, three color, 2 characters, and three characters, so I just need a one color villain deck.

I was looking probably at blue villain, but there are so many expensive cards (gently caress $40 for ONE force choke). Anyone have any ideas?

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Mono-blue villains definitely does feel tough if one goal is trying to avoid all the grossly inflated money cards at the moment. You can make do without Force Choke for sure, but it's harder to flesh out if you're also avoiding stuff like Vader, Sith Holocron, Kylo's Saber, etc. You've got so few options in a single color that all those pieces feel that much more critical. I guess the question is what do you have available to make it?

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
I am just getting into this and basically need more cards before I can start thinking about building a proper deck, but just in general would Leia/Padme or Qui-Gonn/Rey work at all? Obviously the second option has the problem of being blue only.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

evenworse username posted:

I am just getting into this and basically need more cards before I can start thinking about building a proper deck, but just in general would Leia/Padme or Qui-Gonn/Rey work at all? Obviously the second option has the problem of being blue only.

http://swdestinydb.com/decklist/view/5978/neverforattack-qui-gonnreydeckofallthings-1.0

Oh yeah, to Rey/QuiGon. I saw it in action last night and it was pretty gnarly. Qui Gon spent the entire game with 3 shields, and was just doling out damage every time he resolved a shield die. Gnarly stuff.

stoko
Nov 26, 2003

Wobbuffet! Wobbuffet!! WHERE!?
I played a Dooku/Jabba control deck for the first time at a tournament last night, and got smashed. I'm not sure if the deck was bad, or if it was just a matter of not fitting my play style. I'm leaning toward it being the way I played it though. It could have also been that I just wasn't familiar with what I needed to expect from the deck, but I don't have a lot of people to play test with so that's my defense.

I think I'm going to go to either an eKylo/Vader or back to the nice strong eVader/Raider I used to play.

On the plus side, I opened a single booster and pulled a Han, which also happened to be one of the three cards I needed to complete my 2x playset. All I need now is one Kylo's Saber and one Phasma.

Don't suppose any of you guys want to trade both of those for a Vader, do you?

Helion
Apr 28, 2008
Picked up 20 packs: Luke, Luke's Saber, One With the Force, Vader. Those were 20 good packs.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
So far I have bought 36 packs (technically 39 but I didn't keep three of them, they were for friends) 12 packs at a time, and pulled 13 legendaries, including two Luke's Lightsabers, Jabba, Millenium Falcon, Black One, Thermal Detonator, Captain Phasma, One With the Force, and a bunch I don't even remember. My luck has been beyond stupid with them, in one case pulling five in 12 packs.

Naturally, I'm gonna get more tomorrow, because why would I stop printing money for myself? :v:

Sneaky Homunculus
May 19, 2008

Strobe posted:

Naturally, I'm gonna get more tomorrow, because why would I stop printing money for myself? :v:

Pour one out for the smucks, who get 12 packs of starter rares.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Trade update!

I am looking for the following rares
veers
flamethrower
raider
on the hunt
ackbar
rebel trooper
padawan
hired gun
outpost
force training

I currently have all of the following for trade:
http://pastebin.com/raw/8krNUpdr
(Subtract 2 from each value since I have to keep a playset)

I need 1 each of the following Uncommons:
Ace in the Hole
Dug In
Emperor's Favor
Fight Dirty
Force Strike

Deviant fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jan 19, 2017

EnjoiThePureTrip
Apr 16, 2011

Strobe posted:

So far I have bought 36 packs (technically 39 but I didn't keep three of them, they were for friends) 12 packs at a time, and pulled 13 legendaries, including two Luke's Lightsabers, Jabba, Millenium Falcon, Black One, Thermal Detonator, Captain Phasma, One With the Force, and a bunch I don't even remember. My luck has been beyond stupid with them, in one case pulling five in 12 packs.

drat, at this point I'd just be happy to actually have the packs I've already paid MiniatureMarket for. :v:

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

There are boxes in stock at boardgamebliss right now. I've read that people aren't supposed to sell their stock until the 19th, tomorrow.

I wonder what the price of legendary singles settles to. I guess the mean would probably end up somewhere around the cost of 6 packs, like $10-$15. I imagine when tourney results come out and people start netdecking that there will be some staples that stay pretty expensive and some legendaries that end up being pretty cheap. Right now the character cards are pretty expensive but it seems like they would be more likely to shift in and out of the meta than a really good non-character. Who knows though.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

fozzy fosbourne posted:

There are boxes in stock at boardgamebliss right now. I've read that people aren't supposed to sell their stock until the 19th, tomorrow.

I wonder what the price of legendary singles settles to. I guess the mean would probably end up somewhere around the cost of 6 packs, like $10-$15. I imagine when tourney results come out and people start netdecking that there will be some staples that stay pretty expensive and some legendaries that end up being pretty cheap. Right now the character cards are pretty expensive but it seems like they would be more likely to shift in and out of the meta than a really good non-character. Who knows though.

$20-30 for legendary characters seems like it might be where it goes. $10-15 sounds right for individual cards in a deck that a player might not care about having two or even one of, like Luke Skywalker's Lightsaber. But people are always going to be chasing the big name characters because they want to play a Darth Vader deck, and you can't play a Darth Vader deck without Darth Vader.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

BJPaskoff posted:

$20-30 for legendary characters seems like it might be where it goes. $10-15 sounds right for individual cards in a deck that a player might not care about having two or even one of, like Luke Skywalker's Lightsaber. But people are always going to be chasing the big name characters because they want to play a Darth Vader deck, and you can't play a Darth Vader deck without Darth Vader.

I wonder how soon we'll see the next Vader with a different sub title like they do in AGoT. Seems like the cast will get a bit thin after maybe even the next set, when normies are going to wonder why they are buying boxes of cards to get a legendary ewok x-wing pilot or something similarly EU

thocan
Jan 18, 2014

Qui-gon/Rey is one of my favorite decks to play. It hits hard, moves surprisingly fast with Rey double acting, and works off of a more interesting mechanic than fishing for damage sides on your Jango dice. Highly recommend it. Most match ups it fairs pretty well. Incredible amounts of effective health once you get your upgrades (Force Protection and Force Training in particular) on the board. Generating 5-6 shields a turn is nuts, and you don't need to use it all on Qui-gon to do damage; some turns you can just absorb crazy amounts of damage without consequence.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Yussss ordered some, finally getting stuff at a decent price.

Also, on singles prices, it's gotta fall out.

Just going off of Miniature Market prices, because I have no other available proxy.
A box has 6 legendaries, 30 rares. Retail price is $108 (36 packs at $3).
Legendaries are priced from $12 (Black One) to $48 (Darth Vader)
If you pulled an average distribution of uniques with no duplicates, you'd get 6 legendaries worth $24 each, meaning you've got $144 in your box of just legendaries.
Even if you pulled the 6 cheapest legendaries, you're still sitting on $95 worth of legendaries.
Oh, yeah, and you'll also get 30 other rares, ranging from $0.50 (BB8, Rey's Staff) to $17 (holdout blaster).
This high EV has got to be driven by lack of availability of product.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?
I get a box tomorrow - maybe even two - and I'm open for trades if that's a thing the thread cares to talk about. I don't want to bog down discussion with HAVE::WANT spam, but suffice it to say that I'm in the market for some Luke Skywalkers because oh boy do I want to try some hero-side blue. Probably blue and red. Probably Luke and Leia, or maybe Luke and Ackbar. Haven't decided yet.

I'm still hesitant on netdecking but it's clear from the games I've played that right now SWD is a game of "who possesses product": in that sense it's ~pay to win~ in that if you have the money to actually get gouged on packs/singles, you can actually have a completed deck, and having a completed deck is at present usually more than enough to clown on virtually everybody else playing locally. eKylo/Vader has been doing work for me largely because it's a mostly-complete monoblue villainy deck - there are changes I can make, absolutely, but it still sorta functions, like a jalopy would. A lot of the people I play against are literally in

this guy's shoes. eFinn + Poe with no vehicles in the deck, Leia/Rey/Rebel Trooper, eKylo/Nightsister/Nightsister, just a buncha stuff that came off as super janky. I don't know if eKylo/Vader is good, but I'm lucky I have the cards and dice to execute something resembling a strategy - get big before you do, then kick dice out of your pool until you want to punch me in the face. The Power of the Force hits you for six. Thanks for the game, yeah it sure is hard to get boosters around here, do you know if That Other FLGS has some? No? poo poo. Well, let's talk more about this game neither of us can really play yet.

I'm starting to think that I'd be better served trying the eVader/Tusken Raider combo to get access to cards like Backup Muscle and Hunker Down, but that would also get rid of the need for a lot of the cards that just feel real good to play like TPOTF and probably Feel Your Anger. Someone that I respect is going ga-ga over the idea of putting together his own eVader/Raider and is thoroughly selling me on the idea, but part of me wants to help him get what he wants (a Vader) to try to get what I want - a deck with some fuckin' heroes in it.

So I'm leaning toward a deck that's elite Luke plus Ackbar, since that's a snug 30 points and I'm not sure what would fit next to the siblings. Something out of an eLuke/Ackbar shell with Echo Base or Separatist Base as the battlefield, built around giving Luke his lightsaber and going to work with cards like All In and Leadership and Willpower and Force Misdirection and poo poo. Possibly One With The Force, I dunno. Conceptually it's probably not all that different from what I'm already doing, except maybe I won't get absolutely dumpstered by real decks when they appear.

Because yeah, someone locally is running an eJango/Trooper/Trooper deck and it should have been illegal what he did to me. I just don't know if my eKylo/Vader concept would ever have the gas to stop that type of hyper-aggro from wrecking my poo poo, so now I'm leaning toward something that can loving survive and counter appropriately. Plus, I think BR is a better color combo in hero than villain, though I could be wrong.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

canyoneer posted:

Just going off of Miniature Market prices, because I have no other available proxy.
If you pulled an average distribution of uniques with no duplicates, you'd get 6 legendaries worth $24 each, meaning you've got $144 in your box of just legendaries.
Even if you pulled the 6 cheapest legendaries, you're still sitting on $95 worth of legendaries.
Oh, yeah, and you'll also get 30 other rares, ranging from $0.50 (BB8, Rey's Staff) to $17 (holdout blaster).

I wonder how long they will keep distributing Awakenings for, too. I've read rumors about 4 waves but have FFG said anything officially? I wonder if Awakenings will be available for a year or so. I'm also imagine they have to be thinking about a limited format, since they've gone out of their way to try and make it work with their LCGs and it seems like a really lucrative part of a CCG. Maybe they will make a new type of pack that is like a sealed/draft starter to bootstrap a limited pool.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I wonder how long they will keep distributing Awakenings for, too. I've read rumors about 4 waves but have FFG said anything officially? I wonder if Awakenings will be available for a year or so. I'm also imagine they have to be thinking about a limited format, since they've gone out of their way to try and make it work with their LCGs and it seems like a really lucrative part of a CCG. Maybe they will make a new type of pack that is like a sealed/draft starter to bootstrap a limited pool.

I feel like Awakenings has got to get reprinted through 2017. I mean, cmon, they have to. That said, based on the reddit rumors, I think this next wave of Awakenings boosters will be all we see for at least a couple months as it gets reprinted, and that we'll see Spirit of Rebellion in April.

Helion
Apr 28, 2008

Deviant posted:

Trade update!

I am looking for the following rares
veers
flamethrower
raider
on the hunt
ackbar
rebel trooper
padawan
hired gun
outpost
force training

I currently have all of the following for trade:
http://pastebin.com/raw/8krNUpdr
(Subtract 2 from each value since I have to keep a playset)

I need 1 each of the following Uncommons:
Ace in the Hole
Dug In
Emperor's Favor
Fight Dirty
Force Strike

I got a rebel trooper for qui gon if you're interested, but I lack messages, how do I reach you?

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

guts and bolts posted:

So I'm leaning toward a deck that's elite Luke plus Ackbar, since that's a snug 30 points and I'm not sure what would fit next to the siblings. Something out of an eLuke/Ackbar shell with Echo Base or Separatist Base as the battlefield, built around giving Luke his lightsaber and going to work with cards like All In and Leadership and Willpower and Force Misdirection and poo poo. Possibly One With The Force, I dunno. Conceptually it's probably not all that different from what I'm already doing, except maybe I won't get absolutely dumpstered by real decks when they appear.

So eLuke/Ackbar is becoming a strong deck as people start to sort out the meta.

The work in the deck is all done by Luke so you want Luke's Lightsabre/Lightsabre/Force Training/Force Throw/ maybe 1x One With the Force.

Ackbar is there to get you access to his double focus side for All In shenanigans, letting you roll
Luke again with Leadership and otherwise just giving you access to red cards. The rest of your deck should be dice control like Deflect and Force Manipulations and heal/shields like Field Medic, Dug In and Defensive Stance. Heroism with a shielded up Luke can be solid to. Your goal is to have enough defense to ride out the blitz and just beat people to death with Luke.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Helion posted:

I got a rebel trooper for qui gon if you're interested, but I lack messages, how do I reach you?

Apologies, I traded that away this morning. :(

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Between Destiny, X-Wing, Netrunner, and the upcoming Legend of the Five Rings LCG reboot FFG is printing money these days.
I wonder if their Rune Wars minis game will be any good

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

canyoneer posted:

I feel like Awakenings has got to get reprinted through 2017. I mean, cmon, they have to. That said, based on the reddit rumors, I think this next wave of Awakenings boosters will be all we see for at least a couple months as it gets reprinted, and that we'll see Spirit of Rebellion in April.

That seems like a suicidal idea for continuing to add players. There are still plenty of people at the FLGS I work at (including me!) who are interested in picking up the game but you gotta be able to get cards!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Someone posted that on Reddit yesterday from their Asmodee rep.

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

The law protects no one unless it binds everyone, binds no one unless it protects everyone.

canyoneer posted:

The big factor is how long they keep reprinting it and how much. You're right that current prices aren't sustainable if product supply ceases to be an issue, but we don't know if that will actually ever happen. I hope it does, but that'd require FFG to go back to print and also keep the set in print until it rotates (or the game stops growing, but if it's well managed that shouldn't happen before they need to start rotating a standard format). I'm not sure they have the printing capacity to do that given they also need to make new products and presumably the custom dice related sorting make it hard to just add new facilities. If they can't reach the point of new magic sets where product availability becomes effectively unlimited at MSRP, all bets are off.

If the prices do go down, I'd expect most of the loss to be in the marginal cards - most expensive rares, and the minimally played legendaries. Holdout Blaster might maintain $10+ because it's a highly playable card that is true neutral, and the chase legendaries will likely remain $30+.

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

That seems like a suicidal idea for continuing to add players. There are still plenty of people at the FLGS I work at (including me!) who are interested in picking up the game but you gotta be able to get cards!

It's not good but also not avoidable, you can only set up a factory and ship product so quickly. Getting a major run reprinted in 3-6 months is the best anyone can generally do. Hopefully the last wave is bigger and will be enough to keep stuff going.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Ultiville posted:

It's not good but also not avoidable, you can only set up a factory and ship product so quickly. Getting a major run reprinted in 3-6 months is the best anyone can generally do. Hopefully the last wave is bigger and will be enough to keep stuff going.

I hope so too, because that email is upsetting. If there's going to be a shortage of past sets, right before new ones, I'm not sure I'd want to continue with this game. That's a really weird way to go about things.

thocan
Jan 18, 2014

canyoneer posted:

Someone posted that on Reddit yesterday from their Asmodee rep.

Our FLGS owner said the same, sometime in April. I guess his distributor gave him the heads up, usually very reliable about release dates that aren't delayed by dock workers strikes.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

They've had similarly cringey moments in the past, where staples like Jackson Howard and the Millenium Falcon were unavailable for months in netrunner and x-wing. I think JH might have been unavailable for half a year and was a staple in every deck. Same with a Creation and Control. It was hard to get people into the game when we couldn't get them staples and there wasn't even a singles market because it's an lcg.

For netrunner, this ended up with everyone I knew (including organizers) being ok with proxying JH. Maybe the same will occur here.

I'm skeptical though of them "not knowing" the status for the next 6 months. Maybe they are in negotiations with manufacturing. Or they know that the next printing is a ways off from arriving but want to avoid damping enthusiasm for as long as possible.

Hopefully the starters were printed with the spirit of rebellion run, too.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I wonder how soon we'll see the next Vader with a different sub title like they do in AGoT. Seems like the cast will get a bit thin after maybe even the next set, when normies are going to wonder why they are buying boxes of cards to get a legendary ewok x-wing pilot or something similarly EU

What? Do you really think there aren't a poo poo ton of great characters from the Star Wars movies to print and that they'll run out after two sets?

Also, this is approaching Nintendo levels of production incompetency. Get your poo poo together FFG.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Star Wars has characters for days. I wonder if they'll start dipping into EU? I kind of hope not. Imagine opening up a pack and getting DASH RENDAR - EXTREME SMUGGLER

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Bottom Liner posted:

What? Do you really think there aren't a poo poo ton of great characters from the Star Wars movies to print and that they'll run out after two sets?

That normies care about? No?

I think the game will be a hard sell if people buying in later both can't get any of the characters in Awakenings and only can buy boosters that contain b and c list characters from the movies. There are also 160 cards in a set. My hunch is we start seeing them by the third set, no later than 4th. They already mentioned a "Darth Vader - Something Apprentice" or similar in the rules when talking about the title rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

I was wondering the same thing, since they took kind of the opposite approach with X-Wing; Use OT and and a lot of EU stuff and avoid the prequels entirely, whereas they seem to be all in on prequel material for Destiny. EU stuff generally is pretty stupid, but if Kyle Katarn was available I know what would become my main deck.