Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Star posted:

Sound reasoning, except that you're in the minority that actually wants to fight Germany instead of play them. :(

Is there a way to mod in

if (player == germany){Weimar Flag}
else {nazi flag}

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Star posted:

Sound reasoning, except that you're in the minority that actually wants to fight Germany instead of play them. :(

What if you want to do both?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Now I'm curious what wording of "refugees welcome" could possibly satisfy that man

"Tolerate Undesirables"?

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Now I'm curious what wording of "refugees welcome" could possibly satisfy that man

"Tolerate Undesirables"?

Place the sign above the opening of a wood chipper, then watch as Wiz becomes the most vilified man on the internet.

Seriously, the changes coming will provide you with all tools necessary to become the galaxy's biggest racist rear end in a top hat if you want. You could be all "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearing to be free." and resettle them properly. Or you could also just start towing their refugee ships into the nearest sun before you start eating the rest.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Place the sign above the opening of a wood chipper, then watch as Wiz becomes the most vilified man on the internet.

Seriously, the changes coming will provide you with all tools necessary to become the galaxy's biggest racist rear end in a top hat if you want. You could be all "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearing to be free." and resettle them properly. Or you could also just start towing their refugee ships into the nearest sun before you start eating the rest.

but can I become the Combine?

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
Mechanically it still results in a purge, they aren't in your planet so what do you care if space sponges end up in the care bear federation?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

It's censorship! Don't they realise vibeo games are art! :qqsay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF8TsZwUJ_s

Nobody actually plays with an unmodded hitler portrait... right?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

uPen posted:

I actually do feel legitimately uncomfortable playing as Germany in HOI because I hate seeing hitler's face every time I go into the politics screen, like "that's me, i'm Hitler"

I somehow never thought to look for mods

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

uPen posted:

lol if it's not the Charlie Chaplin portrait

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

uPen posted:

I thought this mod was funny until I found out Nazis unironically worship Taylor Swift as an Aryan goddess figure.

(and yeah I usually play as the Soviets because killing Nazis is fun PLUS you can still be a bloodthirsty dictatorship bent on global domination)

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Ainsley McTree posted:

I actually do feel legitimately uncomfortable playing as Germany in HOI because I hate seeing hitler's face every time I go into the politics screen, like "that's me, i'm Hitler"

I somehow never thought to look for mods

Don't Hitler shame.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Lum_ posted:

I thought this mod was funny until I found out Nazis unironically worship Taylor Swift as an Aryan goddess figure.

(and yeah I usually play as the Soviets because killing Nazis is fun PLUS you can still be a bloodthirsty dictatorship bent on global domination)

Yeah for some reason being stalin and literally choosing to enact the great purge doesn't bother me at all, but looking at a picture of hitler gives me the heebie jeebies. It doesn't make much sense but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

vice posted:

"The entire alt-right patiently awaits the day when we can lay down our swords and kneel before her throne," Anglin says, "as she commands us to go forth and slaughter the subhuman enemies of the Aryan race."

All hail taydolf swiftler

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Lum_ posted:

No that's still funny.

e:

quote:

Breitbart columnist Milo Yiannopoulos believes the memes may have originated with a Pinterest user named @poopcutie

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Yeah I think I only played germany once in any Hoi game, and that was to see how quickly I could get rid of hitler and become democratic/left and avoid the war.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

It's a very fun nation to play from a gameplay perspective, being a plucky little militaristic upstart and seeing how much of the world you can conquer. You just have to uh, not think too hard about what your actions represent

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

The only time I've played Germany I couped them to Democratic first.

With all the national focuses giving you war goals and the fact that this was the release version where other countries wouldn't sanity check their focuses, it worked out mostly the same except I wasn't Hitler spreading fascism.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

somebody mod in Gay Black Hitler

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

The only time I've played Germany I couped them to Democratic first.

With all the national focuses giving you war goals and the fact that this was the release version where other countries wouldn't sanity check their focuses, it worked out mostly the same except I wasn't Hitler spreading fascism.

The only true way to play Germany in any HOI is to go communist. Long live the GDR. :ussr:

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
I haven't played Victoria II in a while (like 2 years). Is the New Nations Mod still the go to mod for good but not major changes to the game?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So when are all these Stellaris changes due to come out? New patch or DLC?

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

zedprime posted:

e. EU4 horde mechanics are also sort of gencocidey if you pick up the coding of development = population.

Yeah, it's been awhile since I played EUIV, but two things come to mind:

1. You can literally attack the natives in colonized provinces until their population is zero.

2. You can pay to "switch" cultures in any province you own, which happens over time. This is literally an abstraction of cultural, religious, and physical extermination of human being on a large scale.

I always tried very hard to not actually think about what some of the real life things the game mechanics were modeling.

And in the case of the military attacking the natives, there is a very literal translation.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

MazelTovCocktail posted:

So when are all these Stellaris changes due to come out? New patch or DLC?

Only guys at Paradox know when, and patch 1.5 will be bundled with a paid DLC. The latest dev diary mentions which of the things are part of the free patch and which features come with the DLC.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Farecoal posted:

I haven't played Victoria II in a while (like 2 years). Is the New Nations Mod still the go to mod for good but not major changes to the game?

HPM seems to be the popular one these days.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Farecoal posted:

Either that or the Historical Project Mod, which is fairly good.

e: beaten

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Last I played HPM I got annoyed at how much stuff it adds to the game, which also seemed to make it run slower. I would recommend NNM instead if you only want some more countries and stuff

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Trogdos! posted:

Only guys at Paradox know when, and patch 1.5 will be bundled with a paid DLC. The latest dev diary mentions which of the things are part of the free patch and which features come with the DLC.

Ah cool let me check the most recent one out with the features... and you can eat your conquered people? :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liuSbrghzmk

That said those look like some neat features, perhaps I'll hold off on the Rights of Man or Together for Victory DLC and just wait the Banks DLC.

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

ThaumPenguin posted:

Either that or the Historical Project Mod, which is fairly good.

e: beaten

Does anyone whose used this mod know if it changes the South Africa events? It always bugged the poo poo out of me in vanilla that the Boers are just gifted large swatches of lands to represent their trek and no one around them gets a chance to do anything about it even if you're the Zulu's and they're stealing half your country.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Star posted:

Once I reviewed hoi3 by saying the ai had trouble actually doing the Battle of Britain or invading anybody (which was true, and made playing as countries outside the mainland dull as gently caress) and got all these angry emails saying that only losers and retards let the ai control their troops because i guess they couldn't conceive of someone not playing as the nazis?

corn in the bible fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jan 20, 2017

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
also don't forget you can import your v2 game into hoi4 and then into the cold war v2 mod and play forever, come play with us forever and ever and ever

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

ZombieLenin posted:

2. You can pay to "switch" cultures in any province you own, which happens over time. This is literally an abstraction of cultural, religious, and physical extermination of human being on a large scale.

whoa whoa whoa hey hey hey let's not go crazy with accusations here.

the religious extermination is a DIFFERENT button

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR
Only scrubs pussy out and don't play Vicky 2 vanilla :colbert:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

The only thing I have ever exterminated in a Paradox game are my own armies because I rolled a 1.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Exterminate the humans.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Whenever I play Eu4 as a colonial nation I always select "let's be friends" for my colonial policy.

Also great work whoever did the Eu4 -> Vicky 2 mod it works exceptionally well except I loaded up my save and remembered I couldn't remember how to play Vicky 2.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

algebra testes posted:

Whenever I play Eu4 as a colonial nation I always select "let's be friends" for my colonial policy.

Also great work whoever did the Eu4 -> Vicky 2 mod it works exceptionally well except I loaded up my save and remembered I couldn't remember how to play Vicky 2.

I pick that unless I'm playing as a native in which case I need the +10 or whatever colonists and choose the exterminate all natives policy.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

algebra testes posted:

It helps that it is easily the best policy.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Groogy posted:

No there's not face cam on +20 players. Though we still do our best to be the best cringe fest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwFDQnXXa7s
Lol Groogs, you're a right sort.

Still, that was surprisingly good! Hope your roleplay goes well, because it's the best way to play~

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
The latest dev EU4 game has been pretty fun, having everyone jammed into Asia worked a treat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

algebra testes posted:

Glad to hear it! And not knowing what you're doing is the best way to keep megacampaigns from getting boring.

...Okay, the second best way. The best way is to be like Wiz and mod in all kinds of flavor that also coincidentally removes most of the strength you built up last game. But I'm not smart enough for that except when my AAR readers feed me ideas.