Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Here's my Belfast review: gently caress I keep pushing the wrong consumable buttons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Insert name here posted:

Here's my Belfast review: gently caress I keep pushing the wrong consumable buttons

"Why isn't my smoke working?"

"Because I pushed the repair button"

is something that happens way more often than I want it to

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

There's an EU clan called Goon Squid [GOON].

Members;

xBurtx [Lord High Admiral of the Combined Armed Forces of Terra and Space and the Universe and Everything]

I have no idea if anyone want's to join it but I'm having the tag anyway :D

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Burt posted:

There's an EU clan called Goon Squid [GOON].

Members;

xBurtx [Lord High Admiral of the Combined Armed Forces of Terra and Space and the Universe and Everything]

I have no idea if anyone want's to join it but I'm having the tag anyway :D

I will join your GOON clan when I can persuade the client to update.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Do we really wanna go with GOON ?

When fancy words like JIHAD, BLITZ and PIZZA are not taken yet ??

The tried and true 2PAC is also available.

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance
he has a point

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Go for it. I'm a grumpy old bastard that doesn't do anything clan related due to :effort: anyway.

Also, I want to get focused by every EVE player out there.

OSad
Feb 29, 2012
Applied for a little [DONGS] action as OSad.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Applied to [DONGS] as Astroniomix

EDIT: also I have 2 spare points on my gearing captain and I'm wondering if it would be an amazingly terrible idea to put torpedo acceleration on it. I'm thinking it probably is because I'm not sure that 5 knots is worth cutting the range down to 13.2 km but on the other hand I'm not sure how often I'm realistically going to use the full 16.5 km range.

Astroniomix fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Jan 19, 2017

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance
More speed on torps that are already hard to detect sounds pretty funny

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
Applied to DONGS as Karanas

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.
For all the dongs that never get flashed on Discord, I hope this means you'll be playing with us in our limited 30 person group.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

jownzy posted:

For all the dongs that never get flashed on Discord, I hope this means you'll be playing with us in our limited 30 person group.

To quote this. If I don't see you on Discord, I will boot you in favor of someone who does Discord.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

So is GOON or DONGS the Euro clan now?

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Aramoro posted:

So is GOON or DONGS the Euro clan now?

DONGS are the filthy :smugdon: loving cololonials, while GOON Uber Alles :hitler:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Save me a spot in DONGS, I'll be on tomorrow!

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Burt posted:

DONGS are the filthy :smugdon: loving cololonials, while GOON Uber Alles :hitler:
Sent Goon an application from muheras

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

real_scud posted:

Sent Goon an application from muheras

OK. We have 4 members now with you!

I also just got a 5 game TEAM KILLER flag. I did 153 damage to a cruiser which sank him :(

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Burt posted:

OK. We have 4 members now with you!

I also just got a 5 game TEAM KILLER flag. I did 153 damage to a cruiser which sank him :(

You seem like a bad dude, not sure I'm a bad enough dude to be in your clan.

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance
Yeah, teamkiller status is mandatory to be in a goon clan

cmon pinks

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Guys. Help.

I have no idea what to put in the second upgrade slot on my Edinburgh. All of the options seem reasonably good.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
I'll apply to DONGS later today on AdventurePigeon.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
Applied as AbnormalReflex

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran
Applied to DONGS as Oesor

Viperidae
Feb 7, 2007
Arf!
I have applied to GOON.

Oh god, I have no idea how to skill my captains. I just started playing again a few days go.

Thundercakes
Nov 4, 2011

Viperidae posted:

I have applied to GOON.

Oh god, I have no idea how to skill my captains. I just started playing again a few days go.

Don't worry, there's plenty of 3000 game players that you probably have surpassed in game knowledge in those few days.

Soup Inspector
Jun 5, 2013

Viperidae posted:

If it makes you feel any better I've also got no idea how to skill my captains since I'm terrified I'll end up accidentally making a poo poo build. :saddowns:

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance
Just wait for flamu's guidance, guys. He will show us the way

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Soup Inspector posted:

If it makes you feel any better I've also got no idea how to skill my captains since I'm terrified I'll end up accidentally making a poo poo build. :saddowns:

Captain retrains are discounted to 1 doubloon at the moment and there are missions to earn 100 doubloons. This is the perfect time to experiment.

Menelven
Mar 28, 2010
Applied to [GOON] as Menelven.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Grabbed the Scharn with doubloons i got from the Santa boxes, can indeed confirm that it is a great bote.

Put IFHE on it for shits and giggles and in a different game was able to citadel an Atlanta twice from one salvo at 14KM.
:getin:

Thundercakes
Nov 4, 2011

VietCampo posted:

Put IFHE on it for shits and giggles and in a different game was able to citadel an Atlanta twice from one salvo at 14KM.
:getin:

The great wail of disapproval from the BB players has finally begun. Admittedly I haven't had a chance to play yet since the patch dropped but I have seen a lot of BB players whining on the forums about the decks on their US and IJN ships suddenly being able to be penned by 150mm+ HE because of the IFHE skill.

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance

VietCampo posted:

shooting HE at an Atlanta? :confused:

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
Well, with a 12 points captain you can get a benson with Demolition Expert, Basic Fire Training and that skill that gives you more HP :getin:

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

Cippalippus posted:

Well, with a 12 points captain you can get a benson with Demolition Expert, Basic Fire Training and that skill that gives you more HP :getin:

Not going the stealth route? I'd like to hear thoughts on that, since I spec'd my Mahan captain for superintendent and stealth (and health once I get my next captain point)

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Iceshade posted:

shooting HE at an Atlanta? :confused:

I was initially shooting at a New Mexico but he died to torps so i switched to the Atlanta.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

New (old) Fusou report: still has everything I loved about it.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner

Blindeye posted:

Not going the stealth route? I'd like to hear thoughts on that, since I spec'd my Mahan captain for superintendent and stealth (and health once I get my next captain point)

My idea is that US DDs are excellent anti destroyers and need not stealth, but rather close combat abilities.
Demolition expert helps against battleships and cruisers too. Concealment expert is good on paper but I never find myself really needing that extra stealth because I'm either shooting a destroyer or I'm sending torpedoes beyond spotting range.

This is just my opinion and my play style. If you prefer concealment, and make it work, don't force on yourself a playing style that you don't like.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

Cippalippus posted:

My idea is that US DDs are excellent anti destroyers and need not stealth, but rather close combat abilities.
Demolition expert helps against battleships and cruisers too. Concealment expert is good on paper but I never find myself really needing that extra stealth because I'm either shooting a destroyer or I'm sending torpedoes beyond spotting range.

This is just my opinion and my play style. If you prefer concealment, and make it work, don't force on yourself a playing style that you don't like.

I like concealment on my US DDs because of the closing distance. Their guns are less effective at range so the closer in I can start the engagement, the better I do, especially if they panic. I was thinking Stealth/RPF/Health/Superintendent with maybe the recommendation from Flamu to get Adrenaline rush last if I ever get a 19 point captain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MapperGentleman
Dec 15, 2012
Applying to DONGS as MapperGentleman.