Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

ElGroucho posted:

You ever seen his grilled cheese sandwich video? Alton, you motherfucker, I don't have an hour to build a literal fire in a grill for a goddamn mediocre snack.

I..thought you were joking. Bitch I ain't taking 30 minutes for coals for some poo poo that's literally 2 minutes in a pan lol. THATS A GRIDDLED CHEESE SANDWICH NOT GRILLED the goon screeches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Hell half the time I don't even griddle the motherfucker (when I'm drunk (every day)) - just slap some cheese onto some bread, maybe some pepperoni. I got a real job, wife, and 2 kids alton, and dont make money from a cooking show you son of a bitch

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

big trivia FAIL posted:

Hell half the time I don't even griddle the motherfucker (when I'm drunk (every day)) - just slap some cheese onto some bread, maybe some pepperoni. I got a real job, wife, and 2 kids alton, and dont make money from a cooking show you son of a bitch

i do. im a chef and a daddio

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think that guy just needs to reeeelax jeez. :catbert:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Actually I want celebrity death match to return to MTV and feature AB and GR that would be a good one i think

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:
I like master chef jr. but I don't love it

his daughter is going to grow up to be quite the little hotty

please don't doxx me

eggs

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:
you can't even make a mushroom risotto

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

you god damned idiot!

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

BirryJoru posted:

his daughter is going to grow up to be quite the little hotty

please don't doxx me

eggs

seriously though

those kids can cook better than I can microwave

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Eagerly looking forward to the US version of The F Word

"We just don't know how to cook or eat healthy"

"loving DONKEYS! HERE IS A SIMPLE RECIPE FOR A HEALTHY, NUTRITIOUS MEAL YOU CAN MAKE IN 15 MINUTES THAT COSTS PENNIES!"

"Wow, thanks Gordon. Oh, so sorry little Brayden won't eat green food we have to give up and head back to McDonald's for his regular order of chicken nuggets"

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

BirryJoru posted:

I liked it but like with the real masterchef, it feels more and more like 90% of the contestants are child actor/model plants that were taught to cook for a couple weeks before the show started. The kind of spergy goon guy won in season 1 but since then their picks seem more based on whose face can sell the most cookbooks.

Also this isn't exclusive to Masterchef / Masterchef Jr. but Gordon is really stretching things with "for the first time EVER on _____" stuff sometimes.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

In his semi-autobiographies (There are two, one for him as a person, and one for him as a chef, etc.), he makes it a point to say that he tells all the culinary students he talks to not to ever do anything they see him do on t.v., and that 'opening a restaurant is a great way to turn millions of dollars into thousands of dollars and give yourself a 18-hour a day job for far less than minimum wage.'

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Count Freebasie posted:

White was a raging rear end in a top hat of a maniac. Mario Batali studied under him, and said that although he was brilliant, he was a total oval office. On his last day with White, White was up Batali's rear end, as was White's style, and it culminated in White throwing a plate at Batali, so Batali (I believe it was in the middle of service), took handfuls of salt and threw them into all of the sauces on the steam table on his way out the door.

It's in the book "Heat," by Bill Buford, which I highly recommend.

I worked for a guy who was a legit maniac who was blackout drunk at most of his shifts. Then one day he came over screaming about me using the newer croutons we made first when I actually did use the older ones first. He didn't back off and started going on about who could blame him when I was such a gently caress-up. I tried to go back to working on the line because I had orders to do and he pushed me when I wasn't looking. After three years of this kind of crap I'd had it and punched him as hard as I could. Since he was drunk as usual, he couldn't keep his balance and just hit everything he could on the way down. He got pissed off and stormed out the back door to apparently go get even drunker. The sous chef started screaming at me and I defended myself because this loving rear end in a top hat had made everyone's life miserable for decades at the place. He showed up a few days later with a broken arm and a burst vessel in his eye. Apparently the broken arm was because he went on a bender and fell down, but people who saw him before the fall said he had the burst vessel before that, so it was most likely my hit that did it. He didn't speak to me once for the year after that before i quit and he died recently.

It kind of turned me around where I've grown to really hate the kind of people who take advantage of a workplace situation to make everyone miserable.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
I have a friend who is a producer or something on this show and she SWEARS there are no plants on the show.

Which is a total lie.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPpzJAzdpTU

:P

It's not the whole clip from the show, oddly. It's been cut down a bit.

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Pasteurised shell eggs don't exist outside the US even. Europe is basically full of salmonella graveyards and a deathrap,beware !

european chickens are vaccinated against salmonella and cases of salmonella poisoning have been almost unheard of since the late 90s

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
bar rescue is a better shitshow

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

dookifex_maximus posted:

bar rescue is a better shitshow

It was fun for a while but the later seasons are just commercials for diageo or whatever products. I like it when he says butt funnel though.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

lol

what confuses me (maybe this is just me being poor) is that he seems to often be doing a show in american restaurants but he mentions them eating bass 15 times

i've never seen bass in a restaurant here and fisherman only eat it if they somehow can't catch a sunfish, americans are obsessed with sport fishing for bass to the point where most bass fisherman don't know how to fillet a fish and get mad if you take one even during season when there's too loving many of them anyway

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I hope prostitution is soon legalized everywhere, solely because I'd like to see Gordon Ramsay's Brothel Nightmares.

"Bland."

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

extra stout posted:

lol

what confuses me (maybe this is just me being poor) is that he seems to often be doing a show in american restaurants but he mentions them eating bass 15 times

i've never seen bass in a restaurant here and fisherman only eat it if they somehow can't catch a sunfish, americans are obsessed with sport fishing for bass to the point where most bass fisherman don't know how to fillet a fish and get mad if you take one even during season when there's too loving many of them anyway

Nicer restaurants serve "chilean seabass" all the time and is probably what he is referring to even if it's not really a bass. I think he mentions striped bass occasionally which I haven't seen in restaurants that I can remember but it doesn't sound too "out there".

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
Alton Brown is super religious and goes to one of those creepy megachurches off 285. He also is banned from that Kroger in the show which was the one I'd go to during my mercifully short time in Roswell because he stole some donuts irl.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

an adult beverage posted:

The Amy's Bake Shop episode is probably still the greatest episode of reality TV that I've ever seen.

For real

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
ive never watch the uk kitchen nightmares, i miss his corrugated face

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
There are three irrefutable truths about Gordon:

He pissed himself when threatened by some swarthy gangsters

He had an affair with Ross Kemp

He's even more unpleasant irl than he is on his gay shows

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

verdigris murder posted:

There are three irrefutable truths about Gordon:

He pissed himself when threatened by some swarthy gangsters

He had an affair with Ross Kemp

He's even more unpleasant irl than he is on his gay shows

A pussy, gay and an rear end in a top hat.

Is GR a goon?

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

BirryJoru posted:

i like when they draw their ideal restaurants and it's lovely little kid crayon scribblings and then they bust out a meal that looks better than most restaurants

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe

garfield hentai posted:

i like when they draw their ideal restaurants and it's lovely little kid crayon scribblings and then they bust out a meal that looks better than most restaurants

Requesting that floor plan of uliillillia's combined pizza shop and garage, tia.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

i liked the time on master chef jr where they had blowtorches in the kids' kitchenware and literally every child who tried to use one just set their entire meal on fire

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Here's a playlist of Gordon "oval office" Ramsay shouting at people

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9F97BB058871F4FA

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Speaking of international fixer-upper shows, I'd love to see Bar Rescue UK, though it would probably end pretty fast when Jon Taffer yells at a bartender in a pub in Glasgow and gets smashed in the face by a pint glass

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
chefs are all coked up power tripping retards

this has been public service announcement

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Giga Gaia posted:

It was a cast iron pan of risotto, I thought?

Turns out Batali recounted the story on video, and yes, it was a pan of risotto:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59izFlDdztI

By the way, I still recommend this book to everyone interested in cooking/restaurants/food, in general.

https://www.amazon.com/Heat-Amateur...eat+bill+buford

Count Freebasie fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jan 19, 2017

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I like Batali's cooking show, but goddamn if he isn't the gooniest goon of all time

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

ElGroucho posted:

I like Batali's cooking show, but goddamn if he isn't the gooniest goon of all time

He's a drinker par excellence, and as far as Italian cooking goes, he is the real deal.

Still with the long hair, beard and orange Crocs, yeah...

If you read any of Bourdain's books, he talks about the nights he, Batali, and others would hang out (before they were famous), and he said Batali would crush it when it came to booze consumption.

Funny snippet about Batali, from the New Yorker:

The life at Stuff Yer Face was fast, sexy (“The most booooootiful waitresses in town”), and happily recreational. (“I don’t want to come off as a big druggie, but a guy would bring a pizza pan turned upside down with lines of crank on it.”) And when, in his junior year, he went to a career conference, attended by representatives from major corporations, Batali realized that he would never be a banker. He was going to be a chef.

“I had a natural affinity for the kitchen, and my mother and grandmother had always told me that I should be a cook. In fact, when I was preparing my college applications my mother suggested cooking school, but I said, ‘Ma, that’s too gay. I don’t want to go to cooking school—that’s for fags.’ “ But five years later Batali showed up for his first day at the Cordon Bleu in London.

Count Freebasie fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jan 19, 2017

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I've never heard of this Batali geezer but he sounds pretty cool

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I've always wanted this for an av but I'm too thrifty to pull the trigger. Look at those buns though!!

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

OctoberBlues posted:

I've always wanted this for an av but I'm too thrifty to pull the trigger. Look at those buns though!!

Hank Hill rear end is a serious medical condition. That poo poo ain't funny.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
id eat that rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

an adult beverage posted:

The Amy's Bake Shop episode is probably still the greatest episode of reality TV that I've ever seen.

That was the most bizarre episode. He didn't even yell or anything. He just looked dumbfounded and depressed the whole time. Then at the end he's like :shrug: Welp, I can't help you guys. Good luck.

As far as I know that was the only place he just walked out on. Please watch it.

• Locked thread