Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MkjrRs0Y4N0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Threw a ticket at the banner for the "summon a unit" daily. Got my 7th Zidane. What the hell.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Skyridge posted:

Threw a ticket at the banner for the "summon a unit" daily. Got my 7th Zidane. What the hell.

drat, that is the dream. Full DW coverage on separate arena and PvE teams.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

Shark Tower posted:

Hey, anyone who's got me on their friend list, I've stopped playing, so feel free to de-friend me. (Ingame name is ShaTowSA)

Aww sad to hear that. I just want to say thanks for all the advice and such that you gave me when I first started out, it really helped me get a handle on who to run and all that fun stuff. What made you give it up?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Ariana event is kinda dumb but whatever, it helps break up the monotony of doing ~20 Akademia runs per day.

Skyridge posted:

Stop taking the Zidanes I need. I still haven't pulled one.

Maybe I'll get one when I chase Orlandu and fail to get him. :sigh:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
For anyone wondering how long it takes to grind out Bondage Hooker Rabbit; it took me around 300 NRG to get all the mats for her 5/6 awakenings. On the plus side that also farms her gear mats. The wiki says BGN is the best, but I found I needed to do ELT to get the face powder consistently. Also I don't think I saw any music notes on BGN either. ELT is a guaranteed gigantuar as well, which isn't much but after running it a couple dozen times, those are all you need to get her to 6* anyway because her EXP growth pattern is so low.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The Ariana event seems like a chill thing, you probably don't need to run it a lot to grind all the equip and awakening materials, plus you get Gigantaurs at near Cactuar Dunes rates so that's also cool.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I miss the Doublicorns :( Haven't seen them in a few days. Come back buddy I miss you

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Armitage posted:

I miss the Doublicorns :( Haven't seen them in a few days. Come back buddy I miss you

what's a doublicorn I'm pretty sure that's just a legend.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Please don't be like me and forget that healing is actually magic while attempting to heal after evoking Carbuncle.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Aww sad to hear that. I just want to say thanks for all the advice and such that you gave me when I first started out, it really helped me get a handle on who to run and all that fun stuff. What made you give it up?

Just a culmination of everything bad and manipulative about this game causing it to become more stressful than enjoyable to play now. There's a lot of things I really like about the game, but gods know I have nothing but the most vitriol disdain for the game's developers and their practices (and it doesn't even have anything to do with pull luck or money, cause I've definitely had a really easy time as a f2p than many less fortunate dolphin goons.)

Shark Tower fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jan 19, 2017

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Shark Tower posted:

Just a culmination of everything bad and manipulative about this game causing it to become more stressful than enjoyable to play now. There's a lot of things I really like about the game, but gods know I have nothing but the most vitriol disdain for the game's developers and their practices (and it doesn't even have anything to do with pull luck or money, cause I've definitely had a really easy time as a f2p than many less fortunate dolphin goons.)

Yeah, Gumi is really kind of... openly sleazy and manipulative even amongst mobile gacha developers.

They're not Zynga circa Mafia Wars/Ayakashi, but they're pretty close.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Man, I would love to have some visibility on FFBE's player stats. Just going by reddit, there seems to be a pretty decent chunk of new players stemming from the bondage bunny event. It'd be cool to see how much retention they get once those new players get deep into the gacha stuff.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
This latte grande event kind of sucks. No matter how many times I run it, no perfume seems to drop ever. I have way too much of every other item, but only two perfume.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

when i finally did her 6* awakening i had literally 20 of all the other materials when i got to 10 perfume. if you want to actually do it in a timely fashion just do the lowest stamina fight as it has by far the best ratio of stamina to drop chances.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Cleared March of the Beasts with:
CoD, Bartz, Cecil, ExDeath, Refia, and a friends huge Noctis.

Bartz and dual cast on Refia were key. Entrust and Life Giver made the whole thing possible with Dual Cast bringing him back constantly. Kept Noctis full and happy so he could carry the team.

Still ended up using a full set of Elixirs, Turbo Ethers, and Phoenix Downs. Goodness.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

The top tier of the Ariana event is great for xp. Not quite as efficient as some of the best explorations but it gives decent xp plus a gigantuar.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Jesus christ Ariana spite looks like complete dogshit in motion

harmless event if useful for exp

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

Yeah, Gumi is really kind of... openly sleazy and manipulative even amongst mobile gacha developers.

They're not Zynga circa Mafia Wars/Ayakashi, but they're pretty close.

People give them poo poo but honestly if Kingdom Hearts is anything to consider then Square Enix left to their own devices is infinitely worse. At least you can actually do stuff in this game.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The most disappointing thing about this event is not being able to form a 5 Ariana arena troll team

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

touch it

insideoutside
Jan 27, 2009
Is there a link I can get to read concentrated vitriolic rage about having to look at this girl's dumb face on the Ariana Grande Presents: Final fantasy brave Exvius dick bicycle edition app?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

insideoutside posted:

Is there a link I can get to read concentrated vitriolic rage about having to look at this girl's dumb face on the Ariana Grande Presents: Final fantasy brave Exvius dick bicycle edition app?

Reddit dot com. I know the mods of the FFBE subreddit are doing their damndest to scrub the salt off of the main pages, but they can only work so fast. Sadly, I can't provide a specific thread like others may be able to.

HGH posted:

People give them poo poo but honestly if Kingdom Hearts is anything to consider then Square Enix left to their own devices is infinitely worse. At least you can actually do stuff in this game.

Yeah, both KH Unchained and Mobius FF are infinitely worse/more exploitative than either third-party FF gacha game, which is strangely ironic. A lot of my salt towards Gumi is mostly from the BF days, and the fact that even if they're getting "better" I still see some of their worst business decisions driving some of their choices here.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Okay I had to check back in when the app mentioned Ariana Grande in Final Fantasy. Got a few summon tickets and enough lapis for either a half-pull or a full-pull. Then I see posts here about riding dick bicycles, just what in the god drat is going in with this Gumi game.

Also where do I start pulling for a dick bicycle.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

widespread posted:

Okay I had to check back in when the app mentioned Ariana Grande in Final Fantasy. Got a few summon tickets and enough lapis for either a half-pull or a full-pull. Then I see posts here about riding dick bicycles, just what in the god drat is going in with this Gumi game.

Also where do I start pulling for a dick bicycle.

Ask Ariana Grande, it's a reference to one of her songs.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

KataraniSword posted:

Ask Ariana Grande, it's a reference to one of her songs.

Fair. Also I realized there's the event for getting a dick bicycle adding Dangerous Ariana to your team. Guess I'll do that with my VASTLY UNDERPOWERED team.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

widespread posted:

Fair. Also I realized there's the event for getting a dick bicycle adding Dangerous Ariana to your team. Guess I'll do that with my VASTLY UNDERPOWERED team.

Honestly, the event's geared towards newbies; the first three stages should be clearable with day-1 teams and the boss on the last two can be handled easily enough with a solid goon friend doing the carrying.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

Shark Tower posted:

Yeah just imagine how great it could be with a dev that actually gave a poo poo about the game itself instead of just trying to find the most efficient way to bleed people dry. I certainly can't say I blame you in the slightest and half of me thinks the main reason I still play as much as I do is soley because I managed to luck into a noctis and don't feel like I've completely missed out on everything now. Sigh maybe one day Gummi will have a come to jesus moment and realize that taking care of your base hahahaha oh lordy I can't finish that with a straight face

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

KataraniSword posted:

Honestly, the event's geared towards newbies; the first three stages should be clearable with day-1 teams and the boss on the last two can be handled easily enough with a solid goon friend doing the carrying.

Well I happen to be geared like a newbie on Island 3 so perfect.

Also I might just use this team during this dumb event since I pulled a 4th.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

yeah, this event is super-easy. A fairly new player should be able to farm most of the items, and probably all of them with a good friend leader to clear the last couple stages.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
If only we could get some politician really addicted to mobile games so they'd pass some helpful laws.

Which is why I'm here to announce my candidature as president. As part of my campaign as your representative, a vote for me is a vote towards Gacha regulation! A 5 star character on every phone! Increased rates and currency! Forced parity with Japanese versions! $5 eleven pulls!
Let's make mobile games great (because honestly when were they ever not exploitative?)

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Doublecast banned in arena
Fug

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The Maze is coming back on the 23rd.
They're just dumping every possible source of Gigantuars on us at this point.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

HGH posted:

The Maze is coming back on the 23rd.
They're just dumping every possible source of Gigantuars on us at this point.

I'm hoping for a surprise orlandu. They don't often leave us with only one active banner these days so they should be announcing what's up next soon

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
30th anniversary poo poo on the 31st so surprises maybe. Despite everything, GUMI does know more than we do.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled
Guess its not a harp, dual wield works for the microphones.

No other materia than a dual wield.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
i'm leaving her as my friend unit until i get orlandu

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Please Type 0 units until that event is over, then you can have Ariana forever.
I'm starting to struggle to even get Treys on my list.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Cry Havoc posted:

i'm leaving her as my friend unit until i get orlandu

Noooo your Gilgamesh has gotten me through so much! (Do what you want)

So much poo poo going on I'm not sure where to continue, I feel a little overwhelmed. Main story to finish, Ariana quest, Akademeia, and cactaur just showed back up...

Also, why am I at the Water Shrine on the 3rd island and way over geared for what is available to buy in Amore? Technically I haven't bought any gear since I left the 2nd...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Shoenin posted:

Doublecast banned in arena
Fug

yeah i had to switch to a team that doesnt one round anyone but also doesn't die. i just can't decide between rain or cecil in the team as cecil doesn't reaaally do anything but also has 6k health and curaja

• Locked thread