Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

CommieGIR posted:

loving massive cuts to the DoE Laboratory system. :negative:

FML.

Buckle up boys, science is gonna get bumpy. :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Seminal Flu posted:

Buckle up boys, science is gonna get bumpy. :cry:

Basically, if the Heritage Foundation wants it, they are getting it.

FYI: These are the loving nutjobs that defended the Cigarette industry from Medical Studies around lung cancer.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Somebody stole our credit card info. They bought a bunch of stuff online, fortunately triggering a fraud alert: five RockAuto orders (total: ~$1,250), and a WeatherTech order (~$275).

It couldn't have been the used car lot where I used this card to buy the Fit last week, right? Because nobody's that stupid.

Right?

:tinfoil:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

HandlingByJebus posted:

Somebody stole our credit card info. They bought a bunch of stuff online, fortunately triggering a fraud alert: five RockAuto orders (total: ~$1,250), and a WeatherTech order (~$275).

It couldn't have been the used car lot where I used this card to buy the Fit last week, right? Because nobody's that stupid.

Right?

:tinfoil:

Hit any gas stations recently? Bluetooth skimmers are still a huge issue. But yeah, that order sounds like a car lot or a mechanic.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

CommieGIR posted:

Hit any gas stations recently? Bluetooth skimmers are still a huge issue. But yeah, that order sounds like a car lot or a mechanic.

Yeah, I always check the pay-at-the-pump readers, but I could've missed a skimmer. Good point.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
They don't have to use the façade type skimmers, they actually open the pump with a commonly available key and just plug the skimmer between the card reader and the computer.

Somebody tried to charge $3,000 on me to an "Auto Salon" in Arkansas the other day :v:.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

CharlesM posted:

They don't have to use the façade type skimmers, they actually open the pump with a commonly available key and just plug the skimmer between the card reader and the computer.

Somebody tried to charge $3,000 on me to an "Auto Salon" in Arkansas the other day :v:.

That and bluetooth readers have gotten smaller, some of the skimmers are small enough they can be inserted into the card slot itself with ease.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Anchovies and jalapeño pizza or no pizza at all

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

funny Star Wars parody posted:

Anchovies and jalapeño pizza or no pizza at all

gently caress you: ham, extra cheese, pepperoni, salami, and garlic crust.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jan 19, 2017

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
i like my pizza like i like my life: garbage

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

CommieGIR posted:

loving massive cuts to the DoE Laboratory system. :negative:

FML.
poo poo's going to be rough for the next four years. Seems they're working fast to undo everything Obama did.

Cancel the ACA but not let their plan and the money wasted be reviewed...wtf - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di9R9oA5Qzk

CharlesM posted:

Skimmer chat, read this and never trust a card reader again - https://krebsonsecurity.com/all-about-skimmers/

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Even if I wanted to finish my Physics degree at this point, it doesn't matter, most of the jobs I'd want are going to be slashed and overmanned.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Adiabatic posted:

i like my pizza like i like my life: garbage

you mean little ceasar's

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

Even if I wanted to finish my Physics degree at this point, it doesn't matter, most of the jobs I'd want are going to be slashed and overmanned.

Have some hope, The Donald wants to update our nuclear arsenal so maybe Perry will diversify from oil into plutonium? It might be the perfect time to finish that degree!

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
I'm now the proud owner of a 2006 Ford Fusion with 160k on the clock and which started life as a rental car. $800 with tax & (clear) title :getin:

And with rod knock, but that's OK because I'm swapping the 2.3 out of my wife's previous previous car (an '03 6) which ironically started life as a Fusion engine - from the head down its pretty much identical, only major difference is the VCT ring on the exhaust cam. Only thing I'm really worried about is the transmission, but they're plentiful in salvage yards with relatively low miles if it shits itself.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
if you don't like pine&swine pizza you are wrong.

The best is still double all meats available, double all cheeses available, bbq sauce, black olives, and green peppers though. My former coworkers at my last job were absolutely certain I was high as a kite the first time I ordered that.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Maksimus54 posted:

Have some hope, The Donald wants to update our nuclear arsenal so maybe Perry will diversify from oil into plutonium? It might be the perfect time to finish that degree!

Perry didn't even know that DoE was mostly Research and Nuclear Fuels/Weapons.

He's a moron, I'm not holding up my hopes for a guy that got a D in 'Meats Class' in college.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
LoL, US Customs wants to tax me the KBB value on the $575 car from Canada. They also won't allow it in as non-op unless it's inspected by customs which they'll do for just $900!

So that's not happening.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rhyno posted:

LoL, US Customs wants to tax me the KBB value on the $575 car from Canada. They also won't allow it in as non-op unless it's inspected by customs which they'll do for just $900!

So that's not happening.

never try to buy a car from canada unless it's a 25+ yo weeaboo dream machine

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

funny Star Wars parody posted:

never try to buy a car from canada unless it's a 25+ yo weeaboo dream machine

My broker and the customs office I talked to last week assured me that it would come in as non-op and be tax exempt.

Solution B was cut the car in half.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

CommieGIR posted:

The self-affirming completion of a huge goal may be worth it to you?

I like completing goals. It also becomes contagious to all facets of my life once I start pounding out goal after goal. The inverse is also true in my skull.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

kastein posted:

if you don't like pine&swine pizza you are wrong.

The best is still double all meats available, double all cheeses available, bbq sauce, black olives, and green peppers though. My former coworkers at my last job were absolutely certain I was high as a kite the first time I ordered that.

bbq sauce? sounds like someone without access to reggae reggae sauce to me... :colbert:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

bbq sauce? sounds like someone without access to reggae reggae sauce to me... :colbert:

Never heard of it, but I'll try almost anything once.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Adiabatic posted:

I like completing goals. It also becomes contagious to all facets of my life once I start pounding out goal after goal. The inverse is also true in my skull.

Semi-serious: treat it like leveling up :v

Last year I started an archery class, my accuracy is now nearly 80%, that's got to be a couple of levels at least! I've a couple of basic joinery/woodwork projects planned, there's a level there. I'm learning Arduino, that's a level there.

Just need to increase my stamina and strength stats :rolldice:

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Rhyno posted:

Solution B was cut the car in half.

You just want the parts right? Just do that. Go rent a bad-rear end saw from Canadian Home Depot for an hour and go to town.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Adiabatic posted:

Unfortunately, I'm working full time and making more than I would be doing my degree. Having a kid, a mortgage, and a full time Development job is sucking my time up. I do want to finish it, but it's not going to help me right now, although I want to finish it.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

kastein posted:

Never heard of it, but I'll try almost anything once.

It's Jamaican jerk sauce basically, has got Scotch bonnet pepper in it, spicy. I use it when I make pizzas instead of regular-rear end tomato or bbq sauce. Load it with whatever meats and you're in for a taste treat.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

CommieGIR posted:

Perry didn't even know that DoE was mostly Research and Nuclear Fuels/Weapons.

He's a moron, I'm not holding up my hopes for a guy that got a D in 'Meats Class' in college.

My grandfather was recuited to be like a dean or something at Texas a&m and was an animal scientist. He decided to stay in California, for which I am thankful.
On the other hand, he didn't suffer fools and probably would have failed rick perry, saving us from this national nightmare.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

beep-beep car is go posted:

You just want the parts right? Just do that. Go rent a bad-rear end saw from Canadian Home Depot for an hour and go to town.

The car is in Canada and my passport expired years ago. The seller would also prefer to not have the car sliced up on his property.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

So drag it onto the road in front of his house and do it there :haw::hf::banjo:

Olympic Mathlete posted:

It's Jamaican jerk sauce basically, has got Scotch bonnet pepper in it, spicy. I use it when I make pizzas instead of regular-rear end tomato or bbq sauce. Load it with whatever meats and you're in for a taste treat.

oh heeeeeeell yes I need to try this immediately.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

:rip: IOC

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

The car is in Canada and my passport expired years ago. The seller would also prefer to not have the car sliced up on his property.

Serious question, how hard is it to get a new passport? I see this line used a lot.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

No mods, no masters.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

nm posted:

No mods, no masters.

DO NOT, MY FRIENDS, BECOME ADDICTED TO POSTING.

IT WILL CONSUME YOU, AND YOU WILL RESENT ITS ABSENCE.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Serious question, how hard is it to get a new passport? I see this line used a lot.

In my experience, it took 15 minutes at the post office and about $200 to get one expedited.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
$250 to have it in 5 days.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

cakesmith handyman posted:

You wore ill-fitting uncomfortable jeans for 2 years to look good now. Lol.

And probably paid $100 for them. I don't think dirty jeans with weird fade patterns look good, so didn't even get that part (though I doubt I'm the one they're trying to impress.) I'll stick with my $20 Target Wranglers, thanks.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Gonna be honest, removing the pop ups makes that thing look worse for me but I appreciate how much fun that probably is to hoon around...

Nice job of remodeling the front end, though. If I'm not mistaken, that's an '80s Toyota pickup grill in there. I could be wrong - I want to say that some base model Celicas had fixed lights to begin with.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Considering it was the cheapest/best vehicle on last summer's rally I'm inclined to agree. The FB would probably have done well if it didn't try to do its best impression of a gardener.

Did a little agricultural excursion, then, did it?

nm posted:

My grandfather was recuited to be like a dean or something at Texas a&m and was an animal scientist. He decided to stay in California, for which I am thankful.
On the other hand, he didn't suffer fools and probably would have failed rick perry, saving us from this national nightmare.

On behalf of Texas, I apologize for Rick Perry.

edit: read the article on the Celica. It's a Mazda B-series grill.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Darchangel posted:

Did a little agricultural excursion, then, did it?

You probably missed the excellent Trans Mountain to Tide Water trip log.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The Large Hadron Collider is what split us off into Trump timeline so I approve the cuts to all science.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
What is the percentage of Americans that actually have passports?

• Locked thread