Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Thanks for the responses guys, I feel I got a little more info now.

Also sorry about the mod bullshit Koala. The star that burns twice as bright :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Jesus Christ, that thread is a train wreck.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
This bullshit with KM's demodding is completely disgusting.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

:vince:

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

lmao irl

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Nah you know what, gently caress it, secrets protect institutions.

Remember when KM posted this extremely old meme:

The lack of marks on the back of the 'slaves' shows that even in the future of White Genocide Black People are still wary about harming White People.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

:allears:

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
dont gently caress with debt

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Praseodymi posted:

I was wondering what could have caused KM demodding, never in a million years would I have guessed it was people getting upset over a loving stupid meme picture.

This is still the forums where people did a thread about making 9/11 funny, right?

That image is loving satire at it's best, and I can't believe it lead to this loving meltdown.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

crosspostin'

I don't agree with all the D&D moderation decisions because I think the beauty of this forum is letting idiots hang themselves with bad opinions. There's a difference between someone being a moron and someone being abusive, and SA is supposed to be about making fun of morons. That said, I still think moderation that was willing to stamp out obvious racist or misogynist bullshit was necessary. It got bad enough that I stopped checking the main D&D forum and just cycled through my bookmarks until last week.

I think that people who haven't been paying attention to D&D haven't seen some of the nastier poo poo that people have posted, and don't understand why this has turned into such a fight. LadyAmbien's post was hilarious because it totally missed the entire context and thought this whole thing was just about people being upset about "wrong opinions," and then it turned into a shitshow because half the loving forum thought her point was "RACISM IS A-OK, FOLKS! GO WILD!"

I apologized to KM in a PM for calling out a probation, and in retrospect, I should've done that publicly. I still don't agree with that probation, nor do I agree with every one she's handed out, but I do think it's important to have mods who have a lower threshold for bullshit than "posts like mattdizzle" and I definitely support her as a mod.

Haven't seen the mod forum drama, obviously.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

This is still the forums where people did a thread about making 9/11 funny, right?

That image is loving satire at it's best, and I can't believe it lead to this loving meltdown.

Ah but you see the image is unacceptable proof of bias

quote:

The issue here isn't what constitutes a joke or not, the issue is if a mod should be posting stuff like that in a forum already notorious for being very left-leaning. In a forum where both debate and discussion should be allowed, mods should at least attempt to keep their bias in check, and that image clearly shows that ain't happening.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Chilichimp posted:

Also, reminder that this thread happened.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3802260

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

LadyAmbien's post was hilarious because it totally missed the entire context and thought this whole thing was just about people being upset about "wrong opinions," and then it turned into a shitshow because half the loving forum thought her point was "RACISM IS A-OK, FOLKS! GO WILD!"

I mean, this isn't the thread for my particular brand of problems, but Lowtax pretty much told the forum to go crazy with "tranny" real recently, provided it "wasn't being used in a hateful way" however that works.

Saying "Yeah, let fly" with one minorities big "Our word" isn't a great sign for the thought toward the others.

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

Trabisnikof posted:

I like how that implies that posting something that was right wing and racist would have been okay.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Trabisnikof posted:

quote:

The issue here isn't what constitutes a joke or not, the issue is if a mod should be posting stuff like that in a forum already notorious for being very left-leaning. In a forum where both debate and discussion should be allowed, mods should at least attempt to keep their bias in check, and that image clearly shows that ain't happening.

Source your quotes jfc that's pathetic

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Trabisnikof posted:

NOTORIOUS for being left leaning!

Such a horrible thing to be left leaning, especially in today's Post-Post-Racial-Trumpmerica.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Lowtax posted:

dont gently caress with debt

you are being monitored

:ninja:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

420 Gank Mid posted:

Source your quotes jfc that's pathetic

Lowtax posted:

Jokes are usually things that are considered funny. I do not find that to be funny.

Of course now he's saying the image had nothing to do with the demodding

Lowtax posted:

Humor is subjective, and believe it or not, the hilarious joke she posted was not the reason I demodded her.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
He's telling a lot of lies in QCS so I would like to reiterate that he demodded five people because they made jokes while explaining a joke to him. He demanded they spend days explaining that image, and they weren't groveling 100% of the time, so now they're gone.

A few months from now forums lore is going to be that KM was a "black supremacist" who kept white boys chained up to whip for fun. Remember that whenever you hear rumors about how awful any other non whitedude mod was. This is how it works.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

I would like to add we were all very respectful to Lowtax when trying to explain things like context and punching down and how reverse racism is not a thing and black people are not a monolith.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

He's telling a lot of lies in QCS so I would like to reiterate that he demodded five people because they made jokes while explaining a joke to him. He demanded they spend days explaining that image, and they weren't groveling 100% of the time, so now they're gone.

A few months from now forums lore is going to be that KM was a "black supremacist" who kept white boys chained up to whip for fun. Remember that whenever you hear rumors about how awful any other non whitedude mod was. This is how it works.
You're insane.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I'm impressed by the size of your fanclub there, KM. All of those people who know so much about your posting and modding style that I've never seen post in a D&D thread.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lowtax posted:

You're insane.

My life is happier than yours in every possible way :)

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Koalas March posted:

I would like to add we were all very respectful to Lowtax when trying to explain things like context and punching down and how reverse racism is not a thing and black people are not a monolith.
Yes you were very respectful when you informed me that not every single black person in the world thinks and believes and acts in the same way. I had never been aware of that fact until you brought it up, and it in no way felt condescending and unnecessary.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

My life is happier than yours in every possible way :)
Uh... congrats?

murphyslaw
Feb 16, 2007
It never fails
This is loving lovely. Having this thread moderated by somebody who doesn't tolerate drive-by bullshit or "just asking questions" derails is awesome and makes it a good place to learn from.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

murphyslaw posted:

This is loving lovely. Having this thread moderated by somebody who doesn't tolerate drive-by bullshit or "just asking questions" derails is awesome and makes it a good place to learn from.

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

murphyslaw posted:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Lowtax posted:

Yes you were very respectful when you informed me that not every single black person in the world thinks and believes and acts in the same way. I had never been aware of that fact until you brought it up, and it in no way felt condescending and unnecessary.

We all need reminders sometime, don't take it personally

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

murphyslaw posted:

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Lowtax posted:

You're insane.

defectivemonkey posted:

This is not true. There were attempts to explain the meme, which were met by him saying he doesn't think it's funny, then more attempts, then him saying he asked a black person and that guy thinks it's offensive, too. Then more attempts. I think it's important for people to understand that the responses, especially from CrazyLittle and KM, were not gifs and insults. They were detailed attempts at discussion, and KM offered to talk to Lowtax further.

Lowtax posted:

This is all very confusing, how are you making tone arguments with any degree of sincerity given the long history of being sarcastic and disrespectful any time you want to post about something?

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

biracial bear for uncut posted:

This is all very confusing, how are you making tone arguments with any degree of sincerity given the long history of being sarcastic and disrespectful any time you want to post about something?
I'm not getting the point you're trying to make here or how those two quote of mine related to each other.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Lowtax posted:

Maybe instead of lashing out you could ask yourself why it isnt obvious to everyone else that you feel this way?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

A few months from now forums lore is going to be that KM was a "black supremacist" who kept white boys chained up to whip for fun.

She's not? Well thanks for shattering another beautiful illusion, Ms Brontosaurus. :mad:

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Lowtax posted:

I think you were reading too much into my tone. I was not attempting to be condescending. I have to explain "black people are not a monolith" a lot. I'e done it in this very thread more than once. I do not know your involvement or education in anti-racist activism or how well you're familiar with these concepts so I started with the basics. It was not my intent to talk down to you in anyway, as always, I'm just trying to educate anyone as much as I can.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

murphyslaw posted:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm still confused... is the real reason really over that satirical image that even most white people find funny? Or was there an issue with how KM modded? The only real thing I would see people having an issue with was her mass probation in the feminism thread, for all the people who wouldn't stop talking about watching smut on a bus which was a real dumb and creepy derail. Or probating people that were asked multiple times to leave either the misogynoir / negrotown threads. I'm trying to assume good faith here and not jump to the conclusion of "she made white people feel uncomfortable", because I hadn't really seen any "opinion silencing" probations.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

420 Gank Mid posted:

Maybe instead of lashing out you could ask yourself why it isnt obvious to everyone else that you feel this way?
Uh, run that by me again please? Because it sounds like you're asking me to meet some burden of proof to convince people I'm not racist before I can say or do anything that involves race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I don't care much about moderation or mod teams or whatever but it's much less annoying here with someone who posts in the thread and can see the entire context of the situation and act accordingly.

• Locked thread