Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
People are dumb, footage at 11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

lite_sleepr posted:

How many of you dads have given up drinking for at least 30 days? At the end of the 30 days, did you notice anything different? Did you loose and inch or two off your waist? Feel better? What about soda?

If you were a binge drinker you'll just watch the fat fall off pretty much. A month isn't enough to really notice a huge difference at all though. Your sleep will probably get better but temporarily worse, depending on how much you drank.

However:

Syrian Lannister posted:

Been sober since November.

TBH started compensating by drinking soda, and have been slowly weening myself off that.

A lot of folks, myself included, develop a wicked sweet tooth when quitting alcohol

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

realtalk i dropped a shitload of weight quitting caffine in general

it snuck back though, and im really dreading going off again. it's loving tough.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I can't quit coffee. My life won't be the same. I genuinely enjoy drinking the poo poo.

Today I signed up to my college's gym because it's the cheapest and best one I have convenient access to. When I went in after work to fill out the membership paperwork, I was reminded of why college is cool.

The butts, gentlemen. All of God's finest butts.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

If you were a binge drinker you'll just watch the fat fall off pretty much. A month isn't enough to really notice a huge difference at all though. Your sleep will probably get better but temporarily worse, depending on how much you drank.

However:

A lot of folks, myself included, develop a wicked sweet tooth when quitting alcohol

I am a binge drinker. I don't drink at all during the week, but 1700 on Friday, I get home with a 12 pack of Dos Equis, take my pants off, and I drink until all the beer is gone.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I think the sweet tooth is your body trying to replace all the calories you aren't taking in anymore.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I've been subbing in flavored seltzer water for soda.

Like the Kroger brand version of LaCroix since I guess even diet soda is bad for you.

I've just gone straight to mostly water. I've got a supply of mio/crystal light/walmart's brand, based on whatever's in stock at my lovely local store. A good side effect is that there are certain foods I really like with soda...naturally they're mostly junk. Since I'm not drinking soda, I'm eating less garbage.

Edit: Catte that was abandoned by mom's neighbor when they moved a couple of months ago. :mad: Mom started feeding it in Nov I think, but as the weather has gotten colder he's become a bit more trusting.

Still not thrilled because there's already a catte and a dogge in the house.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jan 19, 2017

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I have cut out all fast food though

Baby steps

e: that face

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Dropped soda's when I was like... 18? now 30, never looked back.. had a bad habit with diet drinks but i've essentially cut those out too.

Did the "holiday sobriety" challenge that happened on the forum, had a solid 3-4 days of binge drinking, back to being roughly ~16-17 days sober. I always feel good after a couple days of no drinking, but after 2 solid weeks of not drinking I feel like a completely different person.

I pretty much take in a solid 3-4 cups of coffee in the A.M, followed by drinking three 32 oz hydro flasks of water. Nothing flavored....

that's me in a nutshell anyone want me to autograph your boobs?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I've managed to cut back to one 20oz bottle of soda a week in Saturdays.

I love soda and can't quit it completely.

I'm also on a normal diet. By normal I mean I'm not shoveling food in my mouth all day or eating because I am bored.

It's taking some getting used to. I feel hungry all the time but I think that's because I'm just used to eating all the time.

I'm also on a pretty hardcore workout routine so that might have something to do with my increased appetite.

I do sleep a lot better and wake up feeling way more rested than I used to, and I'm generally more focused throughout the day, but I tend to crash pretty hard around 9pm, which is fine.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Godholio posted:

Edit: Catte that was abandoned by mom's neighbor when they moved a couple of months ago. :mad:

Anyone who abandons a pet should have their loving teeth kicked in.

Take good care of that catte.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

lite_sleepr posted:

I am a binge drinker. I don't drink at all during the week, but 1700 on Friday, I get home with a 12 pack of Dos Equis, take my pants off, and I drink until all the beer is gone.

Yeah dude you'll notice a world of a difference. That's still a ton of calories. A lot of people binge drink and wonder why they're still fat, but then they forget about the associated lifestyle that comes with it. Going to bed late, lack of sleep, mixing soda with the booze, late night junk food (the biggest culprit), chain smoking, etc etc. When I binge drank I had to pair it with something greasy and calorie rich

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

I think the sweet tooth is your body trying to replace all the calories you aren't taking in anymore.

Oh yeah it's definitely no mystery it just largely depends on what your poison was. I was a foo foo drink kind of guy

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I drink Spindrift Raspberry mostly now. Whole can has 2g of sugar. Downside is that it only comes in 4 packs and that flavor sells out like crazy at my Trader Joes. I like most LaCroix stuff though.

At work I have 3 20oz bottles of Coke a week, for the days when I get soup and chips.

I'm getting a rowing machine in like two weeks. Genuinely excited about that.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Anyone who abandons a pet should have their loving teeth kicked in.

Take good care of that catte.

She is. He still wants to live outside, only comes in to warm up if he's feeling secure enough. Apparently he likes to watch tv while he's in. She has a little dog igloo thing that her dog has always been terrified of, so she put that next to the front door and puts some cat food inside. If the cat wants to hang in there to get out of the weather he can, but he seems to prefer to chill under the neighbor's camping trailer.

Concur on rear end in a top hat pet havers. :mad:

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
I've replaced soda with Perrier and San Pellegrino. Some good poo poo there. Also, has anyone bought a Peloton? I'm considering getting one of those if it's actually worth it.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I also find carbonated water and juice, making my own little spritzer, to be a good substitute when I want something sweet or am at a social engagement and want something in my hands

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Lazy Reservist posted:

I've replaced soda with Perrier and San Pellegrino. Some good poo poo there. Also, has anyone bought a Peloton? I'm considering getting one of those if it's actually worth it.

If you already have a road bike and a computer, maybe look into Zwift-$10/month subscription and buy a smart trainer for a few hundred bucks and you can get awesome workouts in.

Peloton just seems loving expensive as a stand alone trainer.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wanna jump into a trash heap? Because my aunt won't stop posting poo poo from these retards.

https://www.facebook.com/anticorpmedia/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Slim Pickens posted:

Wanna jump into a trash heap? Because my aunt won't stop posting poo poo from these retards.

Oh man let's not go down that rabbit hole

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Slim Pickens posted:

Jesus H. Christ!

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
That is a lot of horrifying crazy on a single page.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Almost a half a million idiots like that page.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Slim Pickens posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJXYMDu6dpY

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Hey now, this made me laugh a bit

drat those demons driving Trump to melt down on Twitter.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I wish he'd stay off Twitter.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

just one more day before he takes over @potus

god help us all

also holly bloops my work has a fitness center and they bring in a yoga instructor, she's like 5'2 and a super bubbly blonde and has an absolutely glorious butt.

however then she starts talking about negative energy and Himalayan salt and positive ions and I just wanna shut my ears.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Speaking of all that bs this just popped up on my news feed

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-38650739

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I think I'm gonna watch Threads or The Day After tonight. Maybe both.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

MA-Horus posted:

just one more day before he takes over @potus

god help us all
Actually he's keeping his own account. So there's at least one thing he won't sully with his tiny piss covered fingers.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Casimir Radon posted:

Actually he's keeping his own account. So there's at least one thing he won't sully with his tiny piss covered fingers.

Pretty sure you're wrong about this. Not about keeping his own account, but I would be willing to bet a few dollars that he takes over the official POTUS twitter.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

MA-Horus posted:

however then she starts talking about negative energy and Himalayan salt and positive ions and I just wanna shut my ears.

Whenever people science cargo cult me like that I just like to start asking them real science questions to let them squirm for a minute. If you don't actually understand what an ion is, how can you be sure it has health benefits.

I know, I'm a dick

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

TheQuietWilds posted:

Whenever people science cargo cult me like that I just like to start asking them real science questions to let them squirm for a minute. If you don't actually understand what an ion is, how can you be sure it has health benefits.

I know, I'm a dick
No, that's totally fair. Call 'em out. No patience for bullshit here.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

TBeats posted:

Pretty sure you're wrong about this. Not about keeping his own account, but I would be willing to bet a few dollars that he takes over the official POTUS twitter.
Apparently he's going to use both. I suppose it could be sort of sickeningly funny to watch him try to reign in his utter sociopathy slightly on the @potus account, but still fail miserably.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Casimir Radon posted:

Apparently he's going to use both. I suppose it could be sort of sickeningly funny to watch him try to reign in his utter sociopathy slightly on the @potus account, but still fail miserably.

Reigning it in would imply a sense of self awareness.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

TBeats posted:

Reigning it in would imply a sense of self awareness.
His attempt at professionalism would be funny and probably provide a great deal of fodder for psychologists.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Casimir Radon posted:

His attempt at professionalism would be funny and probably provide a great deal of fodder for psychologists.

The cynical side of me is excited to see him be president, but in a "I wish this was a television show instead of reality" type of way.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Y'all need to see the PresidentialTrump twitter feed. Someone takes his tweets, adds coherency when possible, and they drat near sound normal.

https://twitter.com/MatureTrumpTwts/status/821702703860645888

It's kinda creepy.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
I heard that the USA has a super high corporate tax. Wouldn't reducing it incentivize companies to build here?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

lite_sleepr posted:

I heard that the USA has a super high corporate tax. Wouldn't reducing it incentivize companies to build here?

Company's generally pay WAAAAYY less than their tax bracket would suggest through deductions, exemptions, and other ways to lower your liability or lower your overall tax burden.

Lowering their tax rate would result in the removal of deductions, exemptions, etc etc

So on paper it's like "gently caress I GOTTA PAY 40% IN TAXES!!! WE HAVE TO LOWER TAXES!!!!"

But the fine print under that claim is "btw I managed to lower my liability and I'm only paying 18%, which is comparable to a middle class family."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

lite_sleepr posted:

The marginal rate is high compared to the rest of the world, but the effective rate is below average compared to the rest of the world.
Corporate tax is currently running about 1-2% of GDP, opposed to 4-6% from WWII to the 60s.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Can we keep political real talk out of dad chat pls

Sorry, how about rabbits?

Well policed, officer.

joat mon fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jan 20, 2017

• Locked thread