Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
If I want to avoid the Coen crash on 34F how do I go about doing it? I'm trying to get my 5star guys and I'm geared to the teeth atm.

Up to this point I stomp bosses that I come across in like 15 seconds, but from what I've read that's the kind of thing that can make Coen crash your game. Am I better off going the long side-route to get my 5-stars?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

HoneyBoy posted:

If I want to avoid the Coen crash on 34F how do I go about doing it? I'm trying to get my 5star guys and I'm geared to the teeth atm.

Up to this point I stomp bosses that I come across in like 15 seconds, but from what I've read that's the kind of thing that can make Coen crash your game. Am I better off going the long side-route to get my 5-stars?

Just don't beat him too fast. Wait till he pulls out his "second form" before you start really wailing on him, because if you defeat him before that your game might hang. Also, just to be sure, wait a little bit before you start attacking him after the fight starts.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
The bug occurs when people kill him before he "starts" the fight. Just let him pull out both bodies, one in each hand, before you start killing him.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Alright, sounds good.

I just hosed up my fight with U-10 and had to eat more mushrooms than necessary because I ate my slowshroom before entering the fight, thinking it was the stingshroom. Wish I could say that's the first time it's happened.

Oh and my Motor Psycho just went invisible, great. I take it this kind of stuff will get fixed come Feb?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The twitter has retweeted/replied to people regarding both issues saying they're on the to-do list. Personally I hope they do some balance/drop rate tweaking because it is a little crazy in the late stages, even by the usual free-to-play game's metrics. A lot of F2P games just ctrl-f "money" and replace with "time", but let it die replaces it with "time+randomness" and that's not much fun at all.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
IT IS DONE

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
It's not normal for games to make my heart rate go so high, thanks guys, I took it real slow, popped some guardshrooms and whittled him down with my new Irons

Yeah I dont' wanna farm this fucker risking a crash every time

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
For those of you on the hunt for a red hot iron blueprint, I found one in Yoshiki-Dani (F9). I have read other accounts of finding the blueprint on F9 rooms as well, so it might help to focus your search there. Glad to finally get the drat thing.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
The crash will never happen unless you instant kill him before he pulls the bodies.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

How often does the golden snail path open up? I farmed so many last time I'm thinking about wasting a couple on 3 and 4 star characters since I play so slowly I'll be able to farm more before I hit 5 star anyway.
Edit: Hrmmmm it appears I cannot collect the normal snails I throw and use to heal myself. Is this a new patched thing? Also I'm seeing geometry in this level be unable to load. Odd.
Edit 2: Okay, every 7 days and today is the day! Time to farrrrrm!
Edit 3: Okay my game was glitching. I can pick up my snails again.
Edit 4: I actually made it to Okusa from above and am trying to knock these snails down... one of them just stays stuck in the wall! I've hit it from every angle and it just falls over and wobbles while interpenetrated with the wall, never actually being shaken loose. Help?
Edit 5: Whatever, you're guaranteed a golden snail with each expedition and I've got 9 locker friends out grabbing them so I'mma be drowning in these things too much to care about that lovely one stuck in a wall.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Jan 18, 2017

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Leaving and re-entering the floor might fix it. Or just leave it, (down unlocking the gate to... Nokejiri?). Waiting room will refresh the whole floor and really a single g.snail isn't worth much hassle.

Or just shoot it, if your gatherer needs XP. G.Snailshroom can be handy.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I don't know why the switch flipped but now I have this lightweight sense of dread until I know I've left some mk 3 or screamer alive somewhere to prevent the Jackals spawning in while I explore. I guess it's the size of the levels but 20+ has been tense gaming and I dig it.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

poor life choice posted:

I don't know why the switch flipped but now I have this lightweight sense of dread until I know I've left some mk 3 or screamer alive somewhere to prevent the Jackals spawning in while I explore. I guess it's the size of the levels but 20+ has been tense gaming and I dig it.

Yup, I'm glad someone gave me this tip early on. Also it's not worth fighting everything in the level if you don't need either EXP or weapon mastery, you can get plenty of money safely another time in another place.

Oh and I've also become more reliant on rage attacks now that I'm in the 30s, sometimes whiffing the Pork Chopper leaves you ridiculously open to punishment, especially from pitching machines and bullet tubers so it's best to be safe given the opportunity.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Shouldn't you be punching to set up the next hit on anything not a boss or Hater? That way if you whiff on that you have a smaller window to get punished.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Sage Grimm posted:

Shouldn't you be punching to set up the next hit on anything not a boss or Hater? That way if you whiff on that you have a smaller window to get punished.

I usually keep an Iron handy for parries, I never thought to open with a punch. I keep thinking the Pork Chopper R1 is like the Dark Souls Butcher Knife in that the R1 will lunge me forward and not just chop downwards in front of me. Either way it's not too big a problem, the rage attack stun set-up is reserved for Haters or ambush groups usually.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
PSA: Don't try and knock down golden snails with turtles. If the turtle falls on the snail, it will kill it.

I love how this game has all these little touches such as you instantly dying when you run into a fire while turned into a frog (cooked frog!) or the insane accuracy of hitboxes.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Shock Trooper posted:

Lavashrooms are everywhere though! Drop whatever you want to cook and then chuck a lavashroom at em.

Does this only work with animals? I tried it on a small pile of mushrooms and none of them were cooked.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Is War Ensemble armor a good choice to take into the 30s?

My knight/sengoku set let me jaunt through the 20s, but it gets chewed up by piercing and blunt weapons in the last area. I've come across the Iron Eagle set and that looks okay; is the Dark Ryback set one of those that goes 1star > 2star > 4star? Because it gives a nice boost towards blunt/piercing/fire/poison. The only slashing I see in these floors is Bone Tubers and they're non-threatening.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Eh I would just pack whatever is the best armor you have, regardless of the strengths and weaknesses. I used to wear clay pot which has lightning and blunt weakness and I could still take a few hits from a bowling ball without worrying.

When I get hit I'm more worried about losing durability than health

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I'm stocked with guardshrooms and all kinds of poo poo but I'm just too drawn into the fashion souls not to explore other armor options.

I feel the same way about the durability thing though, often times I'm not even taking damage but I can see my armor deteriorating every time I open my inv.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
I'm nearing unlocking floor 29 just need to beat the 2nd boss but lost my bloody striker to a higher level hater.

What floor do I unlock 5 star fighters?

Also Canada is gonna kick Frances rear end which will be nice after being steamrolled by Cali

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

VoLaTiLe posted:

I'm nearing unlocking floor 29 just need to beat the 2nd boss but lost my bloody striker to a higher level hater.

What floor do I unlock 5 star fighters?

Also Canada is gonna kick Frances rear end which will be nice after being steamrolled by Cali

5Star fighters unlock on 35.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
For whatever reason, the game really doesn't want you to hit the floor 36 elevator room. I've been roaming up and down floor 31-40 and I haven't yet found a path.

It must be because of the Floor 35 Wakaba golden chest.

edit: finally found the way

TopHatGenius fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jan 19, 2017

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
I want to impart some findings on red metal farming via golden chests.

Unfortunately there isn't a completely easy and unmovable source of metals like Kawabe is to black metals however I've found two good sources for farm them.

The most reliable method is to take the elevator to F39 NAKASAKI and go down to F38 YATAKA-CHO. Generally the path is long and since you're at the two final floors, the enemies hit hard and soak up loads of damage with their 4 star gear. NAKASAKI almost always has an Ultra-pure Iron if you need it, great for upgrading the Pork Choppers +s and YATAKA-CHO has every kind of 4th tier material (Steel, Pure Copper, Pure Aluminium, Mineral Oil). You can also take the F37 HIROMATSU to YATAKA-CHO instead.

The other way involves taking the elevator F36 YATSUO to F35 WAKABA. This only works on some days since not every layout has YATSUO connecting to WAKABA. This particular layout is by far the fastest way to get a golden chest. The enemies here are way easier then YATAKA-CHO, YATSUO is really tiny, and the WAKABA chest trap only involves 4 Scratch Tubers, a Hover Tuber, and a screamer with a pitching machine and motor psycho (YATAKA-CHO has 5 screamers alternating between dual Cleaver Sabers and pitching machines). Also what's really neat is that YATSUO has a little bit of each type of upgrade material. Of course finding a way into YATSUO is a challenge by itself...

Hope this helps anyone looking to do the red metal grind without grinding the bosses.

TopHatGenius fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jan 19, 2017

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Quick question. If I don't get a perfect stamp, do I get a chance to go back and get it perfected again later?

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.
After weeks of grinding Kawabe I finally got a MILK Black Metal to drop which means I can start buying cleaver sabers and it's really made my entire game take a sharp 90 degree turn for the better.

I don't know why but the devs clearly favor this weapon because it has so many advantages in addition to simply having good damage and one of the best movesets. It's totally unbalanced but it's unfairness in my favor against a brutal game so I can't complain too much. It definitely helps with raiding too since the grind is brutal enough that not everyone has cleaver sabers to defend with.

Plus more and more people are waking up to the reality that defending your waiting room is a complete waste and totally pointless.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

DaveKap posted:

Quick question. If I don't get a perfect stamp, do I get a chance to go back and get it perfected again later?

I recall hearing if you complete the stamp book you get a new one and a quest to perfect them all?

Black_Oni 165
Mar 11, 2015
Cleaver sabers... Ugh.

Upgrade your stuff a bit more and you'll quickly find little other than cleaver sabers being used by enemies

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Don't fret, the dev Haters are here! With even worse equipment setups! :suicide:

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.
Are MILK metals supposed to be the most rare (from gold chests) or is it truly random?

Rinaldi
Dec 29, 2008

Kaptain K posted:

Are MILK metals supposed to be the most rare (from gold chests) or is it truly random?

I think it's just random. They're harder to come by because there's no boss that drops them before the 30+ floor, but I got my Cleaver saber to +4 from Kawabe chests long before I could get enough DOD Black to get my pork chopper to +1.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
When it comes to farming in black metals, is there a way to reset the chest other than taking the lift down to the waiting room and back up again?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Nope. Welcome to Freemium games! Where if we aren't hitting your wallet we're hitting your free time!

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I've been to the secret shops in the 10s and in the 20s and reset the floor, and started the game up again, but they aren't stocking blueprints anymore?

I know for sure I haven't found all the tier appropriate armor sets so I was expecting at least to find that, am I missing something here?

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

HoneyBoy posted:

I've been to the secret shops in the 10s and in the 20s and reset the floor, and started the game up again, but they aren't stocking blueprints anymore?

I know for sure I haven't found all the tier appropriate armor sets so I was expecting at least to find that, am I missing something here?

I don't know if this is the answer you're looking for, but secret shops reset their inventories once a day, not when you return to the lobby.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Poulpe posted:

I don't know if this is the answer you're looking for, but secret shops reset their inventories once a day, not when you return to the lobby.

Ohhhhhh, I haven't ever tried to farm shops but this is still great to know. Will they have the same inventory regardless of whether they're found in the 10s, 20s, etc? The steel god set seems like it would be pretty great for base defense but I never found the pants.

Unsmart
Oct 6, 2006

Poulpe posted:

Definitely not once a day. Still not sure the exact mechanism but it's roughly every hour. Whether that's an hour since you bought or at the top of every hour, I'm not sure. I haven't really bothered to test it thoroughly. But I've definitely bought way more metal than 1 in a day.

DaveKap posted:

Once you've beaten the game you can reset your stamp card in batches of 10. 1-10, 11-20 etc.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Good luck trying for all perfect. I stumbled upon the 39th one and gently caress that

Unsmart
Oct 6, 2006

HoneyBoy posted:

Not all blueprints seem to be acquirable from the shop. Some people have suggested it just picks 3-4 (however many) randomly from all blueprints to restock with and only shows you them if you don't have them but I have no idea if that's true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Megaflare posted:

Not all blueprints seem to be acquirable from the shop. Some people have suggested it just picks 3-4 (however many) randomly from all blueprints to restock with and only shows you them if you don't have them but I have no idea if that's true.

Poulpe posted:

gently caress, alright. I was trying to finish the Night Scout set cause it looks sick upgraded but I could only find the pants. One of my shop trips even netted me two treasure chest blueprints, and I bought the Sniper BP from the shop, only to return to base and find that both the BPs I'd found were also Snipers....

Thanks for the help though

• Locked thread