Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

People have been complaining they don't come with a grip that recharges them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

LethalGeek posted:

I've seen more than one person comment the console box doesn't come with grips.

It totally comes with grips. Just wanted to let everyone know

Nintendo Switch™ Console
Nintendo Switch Dock
Joy-Con™ (L) Gray
Joy-Con (R) Gray
Joy-Con Wrist Straps
Joy-Con Grip
eHigh Speed HDMI™ Cable
Nintendo Switch AC Adapter

oh nice I wasn't expecting it to actually come with an HDMI cable.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

People have been complaining they don't come with a grip that recharges them.

lol well then my face is red, didn't even know there was a non charging version

Oh Nintendo

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
idgi why people keep being surprised by HDMI included? they're like 3 bucks for a consumer

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

LethalGeek posted:

lol well then my face is red, didn't even know there was a non charging version

Oh Nintendo

to be fair, the joycons are supposed to have like a 20 hour battery life, so
just charge them while you're sleeping or whatever.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

idgi why people keep being surprised by HDMI included? they're like 3 bucks for a consumer

You can't buy a 3DS that comes with a drat charger included, an HDMI cable is extremely generous.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Because upsales

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

deadly_pudding posted:

no, you see, Nintendo is loving us over because,

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Does the non-charging grip have a USB port?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
So generous of them to include a cable that is a few bucks and most of us probably have several dozen laying around already anyways.

Anyways I keep on SWITCHING my perspective on thisbthing. I think I want it but maybe six or seven months down the line.

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

Twerk from Home posted:

You can't buy a 3DS that comes with a drat charger included, an HDMI cable is extremely generous.

Both my and my partner's 3DS's came with chargers :shrug:.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Dr Cheeto posted:

Does the non-charging grip have a USB port?

No. It's just plastic.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Fhate posted:

The current, New 3DS, does not come with a charger.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Good Will Hrunting posted:

I hope the Virtual Console input lag for Switch isn't as laughable as Wii U. I'm currently playing Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii U VC and the input lag when playing on my TV with a classic controller is borderline unplayable. I wanted to play XBCX on Switch VC.

That's bizarre because Xenoblade isn't a virtual console title at all, and runs natively as a disk image on the Wii hardware internal to the Wii U. I think it's your TV.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Evil Eagle posted:

No. It's just plastic.

I guess I just have to tuck my Joycons into bed every few days then

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

DoctorWhat posted:

That's bizarre because Xenoblade isn't a virtual console title at all, and runs natively as a disk image on the Wii hardware internal to the Wii U. I think it's your TV.

What?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Fhate posted:

They aren't New then.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

It, like all Wii titles on the Wii U eShop, is not emulation, no matter how Nintendo presents it. Xenoblade as an eShop title runs identically to inserting the disc into the Wii U or into a Wii.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

DoctorWhat posted:

It, like all Wii titles on the Wii U eShop, is not emulation, no matter how Nintendo presents it. Xenoblade as an eShop title runs identically to inserting the disc into the Wii U or into a Wii.

Oh, I thought you were unaware that it was on the VC like I was until recently. That's... interesting. I'll have to mess with settings on my TV more, maybe change something on Wii U display settings? Very strange but the lag is noticable.

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

Bombadilillo posted:

They aren't New then.

They were new when we bought them. They were a Mario & Luigi special edition, though, so maybe that's why the came with them.

Or do you mean "new" as in "new 3DS". Cause they're just regular 3DSXL's.

Edit: Saw the other post, apparently it is "New 3DS". Sucks that those don't come with chargers. Pretty stupid. Can't think of any other machine I've bought that didn't come with a power cable.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You only really need a charging grip if you are getting an extra pair of joycons. However this effectively makes a second pair of joycons cost $110.

If a dock costs $90 if you want to have the ability to easily move to a second TV, you're getting to the point where it actually just makes more sense to buy a second switch. Maybe that was their plan all along.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Fhate posted:

They were new when we bought them. They were a Mario & Luigi special edition, though, so maybe that's why the came with them.

They mean *new*, yes.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fhate posted:

Nintendo is good at naming things so as to avoid confusion

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Fhate posted:

That's what they meant. News don't have AC adapters in the box.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

deadly_pudding posted:

Do we know whether or not they charge while the console is off?

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Oh, I thought you were unaware that it was on the VC like I was until recently. That's... interesting. I'll have to mess with settings on my TV more, maybe change something on Wii U display settings? Very strange but the lag is noticable.

I'm currently playing XC (digital dl) on the Wii U and I have no issues, so it's probably your TV. Does it set the mode to Game by itself? Some TVs don't afaik, which makes the input lag very noticeable.

EDIT: keep in mind the game does have some framerate issues in big fights, which makes stuff like Dunban combos a bit laggy at times

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Kawabata posted:

I'm currently playing XC (digital dl) on the Wii U and I have no issues, so it's probably your TV. Does it set the mode to Game by itself? Some TVs don't afaik, which makes the input lag very noticeable.

EDIT: keep in mind the game does have some framerate issues in big fights, which makes stuff like Dunban combos a bit laggy at times

It is set on game mode - as long as it didn't reset itself after an update. I'll check later. Are you using a WiiMote and a Classic Controller?

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

It is set on game mode - as long as it didn't reset itself after an update. I'll check later. Are you using a WiiMote and a Classic Controller?

I'm playing on the Wii U default, financially disastrous controller which has worked fine for me so far.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
That Hydra Castle Labyrinth game mentioned from the screenshot earlier looks cool.

Katana Gomai posted:

you know, come to think of it, the JP and Int'l launches of the Switch combined would actually make for a solid offering. Zelda, Bomberman, Disgaea, Tetris, DQH, Skylanders, Just Dance, 1-2-Bargain Bin and the indie stuff reads much better than just the JP or Int'l launches, respectively

Disgaea 5 Complete is a launch title for Japan's Switch lineup but not NA? :saddowns:

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

Codependent Poster posted:

People have been complaining

Could have just stopped right there.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Fhate posted:

Edit: Saw the other post, apparently it is "New 3DS". Sucks that those don't come with chargers. Pretty stupid. Can't think of any other machine I've bought that didn't come with a power cable.

Nintendo made the WiiU and people didn't grock that it was a new console. Then they made a new 3ds and thought, "to avoid confusion we will name it the New3ds" As you can see it totally worked 100%.

They figured everyone in their target audience had a ds something previously so they did not include a charger in the box. Its funny, they were sure to point out in the Switch conference that it did come with a charger in the box.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Kawabata posted:

I'm playing on the Wii U default, financially disastrous controller which has worked fine for me so far.

Ah, I might give this a shot too. I recently found out how to turn the display off while playing on the TV. :razz:

calusari
Apr 18, 2013

It's mechanical. Seems to come at regular intervals.
i thought people were wondering if a second joycon pair comes with straps

ful
Sep 16, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Actually looking forward to this a lot. New Zelda looks great, haven't played one since TP came out. Looks like really fun and versatile system. :3:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

calusari posted:

i thought people were wondering if a second joycon pair comes with straps

They do, turns out

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

So I actually made it a point to watch BoTW videos on Youtube and daaaaaaaaamn does this game look cool.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
It`s just been confirmed on nintendo`s twitter that NA switch is launching with Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze Switch pre-installed on the hard drive

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
You have to use the Donkey Kong amiibo to unlock it though

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Jimmy Hats posted:

It`s just been confirmed on nintendo`s twitter that NA switch is launching with Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze Switch pre-installed on the hard drive

That's a very cruel lie D:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Soul Glo posted:

Do we know whether or not they charge while the console is off?

They have to, there's not way that even Nintendo would gently caress that up.

• Locked thread