Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Obama 2012
Mar 28, 2002

"I never knew what hope was until it ran out in a red gush over my lips, my hands!"

-Anne Rice, Interview with the President
All her assets will be exhausted...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Is there an aloof hunter in the new set?

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Sloober posted:

It just wants to carry her book around for her. Hoping that someday it'll have carried that book around enough to warrant being engaged.

So what you're saying is that it is her tote bag?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

PJOmega posted:

Is there an aloof hunter in the new set?

Due to early agenda shenanigans, yes.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Hm, where can I order Dunwich Legacy online? Amazon has it for $47 but that's way too much.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Miniature market had it in stock yesterday. Also, thewarstore.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

dexefiend posted:

Miniature market had it in stock yesterday. Also, thewarstore.

Both out of stock. Alas.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Do you have a FLGS you can check? I saw two just sitting on shelves at mine.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Atomic Empire is about an hour away, it's just easier to get it delivered :)

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Hey just received my LotR LCG cards in the post that I ordered from Amazon!

Too bad they sent me the Spanish version by mistake :saddowns:

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Are you a native Spanish speaker, or is that an ever bigger fuckup than it seems?

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Lord of the Rings Players:
Is Bard the Bowman with Support of the Eagles, and a Great Yew Bow as awesome as it seems to me (having never played a game)?

I just imagine him flying around on an eagle shooting orcs in thr face.

Edit: also, The Black Arrow

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Arkham Horror Question: is there any reason i can't put 2 On the Lam's in my Skids deck?

The star symbol for unique simply says i can only have one in play. Furthermore, On the Lam isnt unique (since it is never in play).

Single Tight Female
Jan 17, 2008

dexefiend posted:

Lord of the Rings Players:
Is Bard the Bowman with Support of the Eagles, and a Great Yew Bow as awesome as it seems to me (having never played a game)?

It's strong but expensive and hard to set up. Tactics has some of the weakest card draw, and not a huge amount of resource generation outside of stuff like Horn of Gondor. You need 6 resources for the whole set (I'm assuming the ally is Vassal) which is two full turns of resources in a mono-Tactics deck.

Rivendell Blade gives you Bard's trait but on any attack performed by any of the 17 Noldor or Silvan heroes (or any hero, with Elf-Friend) for 1 resource.

Tactic's best card draw (Foe-Hammer) won't work with the Great Yew Bow as it exhausts itself.

Great Yew Bow is a Combat Action so takes place after the engagement phase - any enemies that would engage you already have so it can't be used. Or the enemy is stuck in the staging area, nobody else can join Bard's GYB attack so unless he kills it you can't finish it off, and his trait goes to waste. Whereas Quick Strike is a generic Action so can be dropped right after engagement, or whenever you want really.

Basically if you can set it up it's a good combo. But Tactics have received so much better support (hell honestly Ents are better than Eagles 90% of the time) that it's just power creep syndrome.

I'd rather have a Damrod trap deck throw an Ithilien Pit and Entangling Nets into the staging area for 1 resource, getting the same armour reduction, allowing anyone to attack the enemy and drawing two cards.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

dexefiend posted:

Arkham Horror Question: is there any reason i can't put 2 On the Lam's in my Skids deck?

The star symbol for unique simply says i can only have one in play. Furthermore, On the Lam isnt unique (since it is never in play).

The designer apparently answered this before:

quote:

You cannot. It’s not technically a normal neutral card, since it has no level. Roland, for example, can include level 0-5 neutral cards, but cards with no level at all can only be included if something explicitly allows you to (in this case, the Deckbuilding Requirements section of his card). Same goes for scenario specific story-assets; if you earn a specific asset thanks to a particular scenario resolution, you can’t include a second copy of that asset by purchasing another copy of that expansion.

(Note: the templating of investigator-specific cards printed in the core set is actually identical to that of normal level 0 neutral cards, i.e. the area for xp pips is still present under the cost. This will be fixed in future printings of the core set to to use the same templating as story assets.)

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
It's also explicitly mentioned on the deckbuilding requirements on each investigator's card. You can absolutely infer that it's not a hard limit, but read literally it appears to be one.

e.g. Skids is required to add, specifically, 1x On the Lam, 1x Hospital Debts, 1x random basic weakness.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Before we read that clarification, we houseruled it that you can include 2 signature benefits if you also balance it out with 2 signature weaknesses. After one game like that nobody ever included 2 signature cards again. It was pretty fun though.

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea

Soothing Vapors posted:

Before we read that clarification, we houseruled it that you can include 2 signature benefits if you also balance it out with 2 signature weaknesses. After one game like that nobody ever included 2 signature cards again. It was pretty fun though.

No kidding. Signature weaknesses are uniquely awful.

If you have something like Baron Samedi out, then just play another ally, does the Baron disappear?

[edit] Oh wait, the card straight up says that he can't leave play unless he has 3 doom on him. What an awful card, if you're relying on having allies

Obama 2012
Mar 28, 2002

"I never knew what hope was until it ran out in a red gush over my lips, my hands!"

-Anne Rice, Interview with the President

bobvonunheil posted:

What an awful card, if you're relying on having allies

Marie should probably avoid allies, or stick to just Arcane Initiates, which are cheap, disposable, and trigger her innate ability when they enter play.

Has there been any official FAQ from FFG on Teamwork? Its wording is very vague. Do you trade from your hand, or only cards in play, or both? Do traded assets/allies that are in play stay in play or go into your hand? Are they supposed to stay in their current owner's deck when the scenario ends? (that sounds hilariously broken to me, but they don't actually SAY 'no'--not that I've found)

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I've read it somewhere in the rules that it stays in the deck of its original owner at the end of a scenario, but I'm at work can't remember where that came from.

The FAQ on arkhamdb says you can only trade assets in play, and that makes sense to me. Cards in your hand are potential assets, not assets.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
They would have to stay in the original owners deck anyway, otherwise they would violate the deckbuilding rules at the start of a scenario.

Plavski fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Jan 20, 2017

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Do I need 2xDunwitch for 4 players? I hate people arguing over who should get which card while deckbuilding.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

the panacea posted:

Do I need 2xDunwitch for 4 players? I hate people arguing over who should get which card while deckbuilding.

If you have people arguing over cards it is time for them to buy their own cards.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

the panacea posted:

There are two copies of every player card in every expansion, including dunwich. You only need multiples if there is a card multiple want.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
I have to admit, I'm only thinking about getting a second one because I got one coming the mail with a bunch of other stuff (but not sent yet) and just got a mail from my local shop.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
Just swiped my copy from my FLGS on my lunchbreak. Very excited for this campaign!

To get the hype train rolling, I listened to an audiobook of the Dunwich Horror yesterday on my cycle commute. I was surprised by the story, actually. I hadn't read it since my teens and I was afraid that Lovecraft might be a worse writer than I remember. But, when he's not doing ponderous monologues in cod-accents, he's actually really good. The final confrontation is really cleverly staged and I found myself excited and exasperated by the onlookers and their fussing over the telescope. I just wish he'd give dialogue a break - I'm going through Shadow Over Innsmouth now and there's just pages and pages of unrealistic knowledge-vomit dialogue. It's a shame, but it's nice coming to these with older eyes and I'm able to appreciate the flaws without disgust. He was crap with people in real life, and crap with them on the page too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJK5w4ZpQKc

Zerf
Dec 17, 2004

I miss you, sandman
Jim Culver and Jenny trip report: we played one of the two scenarios in Dunwich, Extracurricular Activities.

Had a setup with Jim consisting of Fire Axe, Shrivelling and Ritual Candles (was therefore unable to play Trumpet, but horror was low anyways). Fire Axe was the MVP since one Shrivelling was discarded and had no Holy Rosary (due to circumstances). It's really good but tends to keep you poor. Also problematic that you can only get one solid attack per round for 2 damage unless playing Forbidden Knowledge. Still, really good card and good in Jim decks.

Also managed to play the game according to Jim's rules, going for a 3 against 4 test and drawing a Skull for +1 and success. Super neat!

Jenny was simply using her guns (8 ammo!) and had both Hard Knocks and Arcane Studies in play. Both Jim and Jenny got to use their Dynamite as well :)

Overall really fun to play and deckbuild the new investigators and new scenarios :)

nyxnyxnyx
Jun 24, 2013
Arkham Horror peoples, y'all need to get a room.

-sad person who plays literally every other non-coop LCG and constantly gets his hopes up every time you fuckers post

Zerf
Dec 17, 2004

I miss you, sandman

nyxnyxnyx posted:

-sad person who plays literally every other non-coop LCG and constantly gets his hopes up every time you fuckers post

Make AH:LCG a versus game by letting one player use the encounter deck to play cards on the investigators and join us! :)

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

nyxnyxnyx posted:

Well, Netrunner and Star Wars have their own threads. Is it time to make a GoT thread?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

AH LCG thread incoming.

Edit: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806880

Feel free to let me know what else should be there, what should be clarified, it's a work in progress.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jan 22, 2017

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
I'm not sure we really need a separate thread for the AH LCG. Without a competitive scene it just doesn't warrant much discussion.

Splitting up what discussion there is between here and a separate thread is just going to kill the conversation, I think.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

I'm not sure we really need a separate thread for the AH LCG. Without a competitive scene it just doesn't warrant much discussion.

Splitting up what discussion there is between here and a separate thread is just going to kill the conversation, I think.

Nah, I think having a dedicated space where people can log their encounters will be enough to keep it going.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

With the expansion finally out, yeah. I think between the core and expansion there wasn't much else to discuss at the time.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I just wanted to express my disdain for going against a Tyrell deck with The Arbor played during setup. Good lord the economy of that thing.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Arbor is good, but they seem to have the least to do with the money unless the deck is Tyrell/Lion.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Game of Thrones is amazing, but I can't find an audience for it here. I have two friends who have collections, but they're usually busy and we spend most of our time playing Destiny or Arkham Horror. I totally overestimated the appeal of LCGs to card gamers who like the appeal of opening randomized booster packs. Has anyone had any luck selling their complete collection? I feel sad getting rid of it, but it's just sitting in binders.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Maybe try a cube draft? I found a list from a podcast last year but haven't tried it.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
I'm about to relocate to an area where there's a growing Destiny community of a bunch of gamers I know and am friends with, and am going to fight the uphill battle to get at least some of them into Thrones. It may well be the best card game I've ever played. It is a shame that the TCG itch isn't scratched by LCGs, and you're right, that underlying desire is stronger than people realize.

That said, I see people periodically attempting to sell collections in the "AGOT 2nd Edition" Facebook group. No idea how many of them are successful, but you could try that, or if not, eBay would surely work for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Merauder posted:

I'm about to relocate to an area where there's a growing Destiny community of a bunch of gamers I know and am friends with, and am going to fight the uphill battle to get at least some of them into Thrones. It may well be the best card game I've ever played. It is a shame that the TCG itch isn't scratched by LCGs, and you're right, that underlying desire is stronger than people realize.

That said, I see people periodically attempting to sell collections in the "AGOT 2nd Edition" Facebook group. No idea how many of them are successful, but you could try that, or if not, eBay would surely work for you.

I'm going to try SA-Mart first I think, but I forgot about the Facebook group. That's a good idea.