Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Koalas March posted:

As mayor of Negrotown, I promise that we're gonna thrive. I meant it when I said I cared about D&D and posting an I am going to make Negrotown great. I believe in human beings, and that all human beings should be respected as such, regardless of their color. I'm going to mod Negrotown well. Usually when people are sad, they don't do anything. They just cry over their condition. But when they get angry, they bring about a change. I think Lowtax did the right thing. Don’t be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn’t do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn’t know what you know today. As it was when I was a D&D mod of Negrotown before, We will continue to be nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.

I know a lot of you are disappointed by the new subforum, but remember: There is no better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance next time. A race of people is like an individual man; until it uses its own talent, takes pride in its own history, expresses its own culture, affirms its own selfhood, it can never fulfill itself, and that is why Negrotown exists in the first place.

A race of people is like an individual man; until it uses its own talent, takes pride in its own history, expresses its own culture, affirms its own selfhood, it can never fulfill itself. That is what Negrotown was, and always will be about.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to the potential of a whole subforum where POC issuses can be discussed without drive-by shitposting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
edit: nevermind

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Somehow mine got chopped off, was a bit more vile than yours tho

also hello new subforum

Maybe you should have met the rubber collection quota then.

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Chilichimp posted:

...you guys?

you all

obviously I won't be participating here I'm just wishing you a good start

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Invisible Handjob posted:

you all

obviously I won't be participating here I'm just wishing you a good start

Why not?

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Nevvy Z posted:

Why not?

because I'm a giant racist

but I still wish you all the best and think you make a lot of progress discussing important and timely issues in here, without having to deal with constant drivebys of people making GBS threads up your threads

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
and because I said you guys instead of you all

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

and because I said you guys instead of you all

I was kidding you, my man.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Check out the rules!

PantherWill
Feb 23, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

haha drat man that attempt was tragic

At least I finally got it to work.

And now everyone knows how little I post...

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Only suggestion I have would be about the question about what 'PoC' entails for this subforum. Is it still pretty much just about Black People or about anyone not part of the occasionally changing body of White People?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Taerkar posted:

Only suggestion I have would be about the question about what 'PoC' entails for this subforum. Is it still pretty much just about Black People or about anyone not part of the occasionally changing body of White People?

other poc are welcome to make their own threads about whatever.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

*jubilee's mom voice* honey, have you tried...not being a racist

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

I imagine a hispanic thread could be helpful as we slide down into the era of Trump.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

botany posted:

loving call it bantustan. at least be honest about this poo poo

Liberia.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

botany posted:

loving call it bantustan. at least be honest about this poo poo

Minority Posting Ghetto.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.
I'm kinda astonished that the solution to this forums 'problem' was literal segregation. Like, god drat, way to give the drive by team what they wanted I guess.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

PupsOfWar posted:

*jubilee's mom voice* honey, have you tried...not being a racist

It was Iceman's parents. Jubilee was never in the movies because Jubilee sucks.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Maluco Marinero posted:

I'm kinda astonished that the solution to this forums 'problem' was literal segregation. Like, god drat, way to give the drive by team what they wanted I guess.

Nobody is going to shout you down for posting outside of negrotown though?

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Maluco Marinero posted:

except it's not segregation because all the posters in here are free to post wherever else they want

this sub forum gives people a safe space to discuss issues important to them with a zero tolerance policy for drive bys, and now nobody has any justification (I'm sure nobody here viewed it as justified before, but now it's very clear) for complaining about being banned if they come in here and break the rules

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

Nobody is going to shout you down for posting outside of negrotown though?

Lol did you just wake up from a coma

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Maluco Marinero posted:

It's going to be the best, most luxurious segregation, the Baldwin Hills of the internet, wait and see.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Judging by the QCS thread some people are (unsurprisingly) upset that the original thread wasn't gassed and various posters banned.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Maluco Marinero posted:

In the ongoing battle between team "make stuff great again" and team "stuff is already great," make stuff great again claims another victory against all that is good in the world.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

joeburz posted:

Lol did you just wake up from a coma

Negromancer was a crazy edge case, if that's what you mean.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Oddly, this "segregation" may make it more difficult for idiots to shitpost about race-related topics. If they do it outside this subforum, it is an off-topic derail. If they do it here, they presumably get probated.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Who What Now posted:

It was Iceman's parents. Jubilee was never in the movies because Jubilee sucks.

Jubilee got that line in the cartoon I thought

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

except it's not segregation because all the posters in here are free to post wherever else they want

this sub forum gives people a safe space to discuss issues important to them with a zero tolerance policy for drive bys, and now nobody has any justification (I'm sure nobody here viewed it as justified before, but now it's very clear) for complaining about being banned if they come in here and break the rules

This sub forum had to be created so D+D could be a safe space for racists. Nobody's being forced to post there either.

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

JeffersonClay posted:

This sub forum had to be created so D+D could be a safe space for racists. Nobody's being forced to post there either.

I don't disagree, but like it or not the greater forums culture disagrees with your opinion of what a racist is. that makes them racist, yes, but there was never going to be anything but constant conflict in those threads. these are racist forums in a racist country, in a racist world, with posts by a racist species. that's life

in this subforum it's very clear what you're getting into, you read the rules at the top, and if you break them there should be zero tolerance. there will always be apologists in the other forums

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Koalas March posted:

As mayor of Negrotown, I promise that we're gonna thrive. I meant it when I said I cared about D&D and posting an I am going to make Negrotown great. I believe in human beings, and that all human beings should be respected as such, regardless of their color. I'm going to mod Negrotown well. Usually when people are sad, they don't do anything. They just cry over their condition. But when they get angry, they bring about a change. I think Lowtax did the right thing. Don’t be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn’t do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn’t know what you know today. As it was when I was a D&D mod of Negrotown before, We will continue to be nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.

I know a lot of you are disappointed by the new subforum, but remember: There is no better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance next time. A race of people is like an individual man; until it uses its own talent, takes pride in its own history, expresses its own culture, affirms its own selfhood, it can never fulfill itself, and that is why Negrotown exists in the first place.

A race of people is like an individual man; until it uses its own talent, takes pride in its own history, expresses its own culture, affirms its own selfhood, it can never fulfill itself. That is what Negrotown was, and always will be about.

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

It's been, what, an hour since the subforum was created and already people are trying to poo poo it up.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Rigel posted:

I imagine a hispanic thread could be helpful as we slide down into the era of Trump.

Sounds good.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheNYCFilmChick/status/822092742364954624

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

LunarShadow posted:

It's been, what, an hour since the subforum was created and already people are trying to poo poo it up.

It's the humor we were apparently being denied before.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

It is nice to create a spot where people can post about POC issues without the there being a tolerance for shitposting, and it is true people posting here can post anywhere. The problem that persists however is the same problem that appeared when USPOL was dissolved and this and the Missogynoir thread appeared. POC issues are American political issues, and there is no dividing them from each other. People in other politics threads aren't going to stop scapegoating POC's for the election and such, but this subforum existing gives an appearance that it isn't something you can respond to. They get to talk poo poo, but POC and POC friendly poster's will still be banned and probated for responding to it.

That aside, congrats again Koalas March. You have been a very good mod, glad you got it back.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jan 19, 2017

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Maluco Marinero posted:

Quick someone post that water fountain pic again so I can put it in the rules post.

Taerkar posted:

Judging by the QCS thread some people are (unsurprisingly) upset that the original thread wasn't gassed and various posters banned.

I am shocked by this completely out of the loving blue revelation!!

It's almost like some people don't want black people on their forums.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

LunarShadow posted:

FWIW my post was a too-easy one-off joke with the expectation that just about everything posted in the first evening gets gassed, unless it turns into something funny or a legit gentrification thread

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

remusclaw posted:

It is nice to create a spot where people can post about POC issues without the there being a tolerance for shitposting, and it is true people posting here can post anywhere. The problem that persists however is the same problem that appeared when USPOL was dissolved and this and the Missogynoir thread appeared. POC issues are American political issues, and there is no dividing them from each other. People in other politics threads aren't going to stop scapegoating POC's for the election and such, but this subforum existing gives an appearance that it isn't something you can respond to. They get to talk poo poo, but POC and POC friendly poster's will still be banned and probated for responding to it.

That aside, congrats again Koalas March. You heave been a very good mod, glad you got it back.

yeah, I get the argument that these are issues people need to be exposed to, they need to be called racist, all that sort of stuff. but not everybody is going to agree with you, if they are willing to be educated they can come in here and listen, and if they aren't they were just going to troll your threads anyways and send them into a derail every 2 pages. at least in here there's no tolerance for that.

most people on these forums posting about POC issues are white anyways, so this isn't some segregated race forum. it's a forum to discuss social justice theory and stuff like that. it could actually be a very productive place if the mods are allowed to rule here with an iron fist

I get this is an american issue, but most people on these forums, including the owner of the forums, including myself, are not as educated as you all on issues of race that POC face on a daily basis and these threads are never ever going to stop being poo poo on if they're in the greater forums.

this could be a very productive sub forum for people who are receptive and willing to learn. nobody else was going to learn anyways even if it was discussed in D&D

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

it's a forum to discuss social justice theory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Looking forward to the genuine Amharic-speaking posting experience!

• Locked thread