Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KrayG
Jul 20, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
I genuinely thought this whole adults who watch anime thing was a meme till i read this thread and its probably confirmation bias but holy gently caress there are a lot of shut ins here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Regy Rusty posted:

I can't believe Gravity Rush 2 prompted a man to lose his mind

It's really something.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I genuinely thought this whole adults who play video games thing was a meme till I read this thread and its probably confirmation bias but holy gently caress there are a lot of shut ins here.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'm 7

KrayG
Jul 20, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

homeless snail posted:

I genuinely thought this whole adults who play video games thing was a meme till I read this thread and its probably confirmation bias but holy gently caress there are a lot of shut ins here.

Oh i see what you've done, let me try

I genuinely thought this whole adults who follow professional sports thing was a meme till I read this thread and its probably confirmation bias but holy gently caress there are a lot of shut ins here.

Have we just made a meme?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Reflecting a bit on KrayG's critique, and yeah, the out-of-nowhere J-pop performance at the end of TLG where the boy leads all the Tricos in a synchronized dance routine was a bit much.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
*presses go that way button*

*trico moos and ignores you*

trico-kun!!! *forehead veins*

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The mocap for that took 7 years and $400 million

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

haveblue posted:

*presses go that way button*

*trico moos and ignores you*

trico-kun!!! *forehead veins*

Did you watch me playing the game :tinfoil:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

KrayG posted:

Well you see its just I watched Dragonball Z when I was pre-teen and I just presumed it was a phase that people grew out of like cartoons or professional wrestling or eating chicken nuggets and yeah, actual adults shouldn't be behaving like this unless they've had some kind of parent issue or suffered abuse or something.

What the gently caress man

Why are you hating on wrestling? It's stupid and dumb and all adult fans love it for that. Plus it's entertaining as hell and the Royal Rumble's coming up!

If you don't like the Royal Rumble you have no soul, sorry Brit.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

acksplode posted:

Reflecting a bit on KrayG's critique, and yeah, the out-of-nowhere J-pop performance at the end of TLG where the boy leads all the Tricos in a synchronized dance routine was a bit much.

You just don't understand how ti ties into the themes of the game.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

But what would Yakuza even be without out of nowhere J-Pop performances?

KrayG
Jul 20, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kirios posted:

What the gently caress man

Why are you hating on wrestling? It's stupid and dumb and all adult fans love it for that.

Its difficult for me to not feel a sense of superiority over people who hold an interest in something that became tired and clichéd for me post puberty. That's not a nice thing to say about yourself but that's how it is.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

hello.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kirios posted:

But what would Yakuza even be without out of nowhere J-Pop performances?

A serious mature game fit for well-adjusted modern adults, duh

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Seriously though, I loved Ico and SotC and bought Last Guardian this week.

I honestly can't say that the game "fun". It's pretty unique though and has flashes of brilliance. Trico is a great, lovely animated NPC. There are some simple but neat puzzles and I appreciate that climbable walls aren't color coded like in Uncharted.

However, the controls are a complete mess, it has the least responsive camera I've ever encountered, and something as simple as getting off Trico often become an ordeal.

By far the biggest problem with the game so far is the nonexistent sense of progression. Where are they going? Who knows? Which way are we supposed to head now? No idea.

Both Ico and SotC had crystal clear objectives at all times. You always knew where you were going and why. In Ico you could see the exit early on, you just had to get there. In SotC you had the temple and the colossi. In tLG you only know you have to escape, but you don't know where, in which direction, or even why.

At one point you return to an area you visited a couple hours before. But it could just as well been anywhere because you have no idea where anything is or where you're going.

Still, the sporadic puzzles, nice setpieces, and the movement and behaviour of Trico has been enough to keep me going. But I have no idea who this game is supposed to appeal to except hardcore Ico fans.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

haveblue posted:

A serious mature game fit for well-adjusted modern adults, duh

It already is :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYtppm-Q7X4

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

I interact with people to pay the rent, if you know what I mean...

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

You're trying to get to the tower which you first see like 15 minutes in....

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, it might be a little hazy *why* you're doing it but I never got confused as to which way the exit was.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

acksplode posted:

I choose to believe this is 100% true regardless of whether it is or not, don't tell me either way.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

haveblue posted:

Yeah, it might be a little hazy *why* you're doing it but I never got confused as to which way the exit was.

It's hazy at first yeah but eventually I figured out that with Trico's healing wings, he wanted to get to the top of the tower because it was the only place high enough to let him fly over the wall.

I genuinely found TLG a really fun and enjoyable game. I loved every minute of it. :shrug:

acksplode
May 17, 2004

KrayG posted:

Its difficult for me to not feel a sense of superiority over people who hold an interest in something that became tired and clichéd for me post puberty. That's not a nice thing to say about yourself but that's how it is.

Maybe you should find a better place to establish your Serious Adult Guy bona fides than a forum thread on the internet about video games?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

KrayG posted:

I genuinely thought this whole adults who watch anime thing was a meme till i read this thread and its probably confirmation bias but holy gently caress there are a lot of shut ins here.

Just wanna say I'm enjoying your posting. I hope you can syphon off some of the weebs that are still attacking me months after I insulted their favourite cartoon.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Look, there's tons of mature and adult games on the PS4.

Like Batman. Who is more mature and adult than Batman? Nobody, that's who.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

KrayG posted:

well you can understand that it's a vicious cycle, right? after you turn on the anime and your door gets locked for ten hours, you eventually get bored so you turn on another anime, and then you're trapped forever.

unfortunately these sexless idiots had to wait half a year to see the Deadpool movie, which is a privilege that we Going Outsiders frequently take for granted

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

anime is good

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

well you can understand that it's a vicious cycle, right? after you turn on the anime and your door gets locked for ten hours, you eventually get bored so you turn on another anime, and then you're trapped forever.

unfortunately these sexless idiots had to wait half a year to see the Deadpool movie, which is a privilege that we Going Outsiders frequently take for granted

The dark secret is that Deadpool is actually anime.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ImpAtom posted:

Nobody tell him about Gotham Knight

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

You guys seriously don't play video games in your diapers?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Attitude Indicator posted:

You guys seriously don't play video games in your diapers?

You're not supposed to post here anymore, Shmorky.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ImpAtom posted:

thank you

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

The quickest way to encourage anime discussion and anime spam and anime poo poo posting is to complain about anime. You might as well fly the bag signal in the anime threads throughout SA

That said Crash is a poo poo game and I don't get why people want a remake so bad. Like, yeah I liked it when I was a preteen and there wasn't any other games like it or better than it. But it's like nostalgia for poo poo NES games people gave. We liked them at the time for obvious reasons--there wasn't any other options

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Wow this thread went to poo poo between the time I posted about GR2 and woke up. I had no idea it would have such a disruptive influence with its bright colors and happiness.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

When somebody said what PS1 game is better than some dumb mario game , nobody mentioned Metal Gear Solid 1

smh

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Samurai Sanders posted:

Wow this thread went to poo poo between the time I posted about GR2 and woke up. I had no idea it would have such a disruptive influence with its bright colors and happiness.

its important to stomp around in the video game discussion and let people know how bad rear end you are

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

You're not supposed to post here anymore, Shmorky.

Shhhhhh

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

ImpAtom posted:

I played through all of Batman Telltale today and can confirm.

Also that is a fun thing to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I've never liked anything in my life and I'm a better person for it