Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

FWIW my post was a too-easy one-off joke with the expectation that just about everything posted in the first evening gets gassed, unless it turns into something funny or a legit gentrification thread

Also FWIW I wasn't talking about yours cause yours wasn't just "lol stereotypes" and had some thought put into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Koalas March posted:

Quick someone post that water fountain pic again so I can put it in the rules post.

Maybe next time don't be so lazy? :v:

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

nvm, beaten by the poster.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

LunarShadow posted:

Also FWIW I wasn't talking about yours cause yours wasn't just "lol stereotypes" and had some thought put into it.

To be fair, if the cracker barrel thread has any teeth it'll be like the one place on the forums where you can admit you're from the south and people can't just poo poo all over you for it, and you have to play along like hehe, yeah... but not me

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I'm skeptical, and mistrusting. But I'll give it a shot.

Congrats to KM, you deserve it

e: awful app is racist, let me post a gif

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Invisible Handjob posted:

yeah, I get the argument that these are issues people need to be exposed to, they need to be called racist, all that sort of stuff. but not everybody is going to agree with you, if they are willing to be educated they can come in here and listen, and if they aren't they were just going to troll your threads anyways and send them into a derail every 2 pages. at least in here there's no tolerance for that.

most people on these forums posting about POC issues are white anyways, so this isn't some segregated race forum. it's a forum to discuss social justice theory and stuff like that. it could actually be a very productive place if the mods are allowed to rule here with an iron fist

I get this is an american issue, but most people on these forums, including the owner of the forums, including myself, are not as educated as you all on issues of race that POC face on a daily basis and these threads are never ever going to stop being poo poo on if they're in the greater forums.

this could be a very productive sub forum for people who are receptive and willing to learn. nobody else was going to learn anyways even if it was discussed in D&D

I think you underestimate the number of minority posters, and that combined with the burden being placed on minority posters to not have idiots poo poo up threads is kind of emblematic of the forum issues. Somehow ignorance is an excuse when it comes to white posters being lovely.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Gringostar posted:

Maybe next time don't be so lazy? :v:

Watch it now.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
New location, same cool posters. Keep on keeping on folks, I think this move wiped out the last of my D&D bookmarks.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Deofuta posted:

New location, same cool posters. Keep on keeping on folks, I think this move wiped out the last of my D&D bookmarks.

I stopped bookmarking a while back as it just resulted in me checking the same threads over and over again. Now, it takes me a couple extra seconds to do so.

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

joeburz posted:

I think you underestimate the number of minority posters, and that combined with the burden being placed on minority posters to not have idiots poo poo up threads is kind of emblematic of the forum issues. Somehow ignorance is an excuse when it comes to white posters being lovely.

I don't disagree, i just think this is a great overall solution

hell if there was a thread discussing historical and current discrimination facing Asian Americans that went beyond the misogynistic white men steal all our women poo poo you find on reddit I'd probably happily contribute to it

it's more than emblematic of forums issues, it's an issue in the society as a whole and it's not going to be fixed just by snapping your fingers though

the reality is you can either have constant conflict and derails of the threads every few pages in D&D, or actually make progress discussing poo poo you care about in here. it's not fair but that's how it is

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

I don't disagree, i just think this is a great overall solution

hell if there was a thread discussing historical and current discrimination facing Asian Americans that went beyond the misogynistic white men steal all our women poo poo you find on reddit I'd probably happily contribute to it

it's more than emblematic of forums issues, it's an issue in the society as a whole and it's not going to be fixed just by snapping your fingers though

the reality is you can either have constant conflict and derails of the threads every few pages in D&D, or actually make progress discussing poo poo you care about in here. it's not fair but that's how it is

This isn't the first time you've brought up the idea of a thread about Asian peoples why not :justpost:

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Can I make a cool black titter and vine tread because the powers that be (The Man) won't let me.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

teen witch posted:

Cool black titter

Can I get my name changed to this?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Can I get my name changed to this?

This is what I get while posting with cat in hand.

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Nevvy Z posted:

This isn't the first time you've brought up the idea of a thread about Asian peoples why not :justpost:

posting threads outside of GBS is scary

I might though if nobody else does it first and these sub forums end up being good

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

posting threads outside of GBS is scary

I might though if nobody else does it first and these sub forums end up being good

It's only going to be good if people make quality posts and topics, and by people I mean you for example.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Also, I'd like to point out, that since this is its own separate subforum, that means KM can make her own rules for it and enforce them however she pleases. That includes banning people.

augias
Apr 7, 2009

I had never seen this thread and decided to lurk and read for the first time today. Dang.

Also the discussion happening here recent drama aside is interesting and good. i'll be going back to lurking now. Ciao.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Whoa what in the hell happened while I was gone? Also this forum would be a cool place for all kinds of minority and feminist issues to congregate (maybe feminism needs its own forum too)?

signalnoise posted:

To be fair, if the cracker barrel thread has any teeth it'll be like the one place on the forums where you can admit you're from the south and people can't just poo poo all over you for it, and you have to play along like hehe, yeah... but not me

I'm from the south and I poo poo all over myself all the time but not on purpose.

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

That's just going to turn it into helldump, though.

Lmao if u think that was what Helldump was

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Koalas March posted:

other poc are welcome to make their own threads about whatever.
drat I was gonna make a thread about luke cage!!!

LUKE CAGE: BULLETPROOF BLACK MAN IN A HOODIE
just fits the character limit i think
thye may already have a thread about it in the tv forum but I only do politics, cooking, shitposting and bideo games so idk

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Also is the Misogynoir thread going to be moved here?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

teen witch posted:

Can I make a cool black titter and vine tread because the powers that be (The Man) won't let me.

Yes!!

Deceitful Penguin posted:

drat I was gonna make a thread about luke cage!!!

LUKE CAGE: BULLETPROOF BLACK MAN IN A HOODIE
just fits the character limit i think
thye may already have a thread about it in the tv forum but I only do politics, cooking, shitposting and bideo games so idk

Luke Cage is amazing. Feel free to start an LC thread!

hell if there was a thread discussing historical and current discrimination facing Asian Americans that went beyond the misogynistic white men steal all our women poo poo you find on reddit I'd probably happily contribute to

Please make one! All poc are welcome to make posts here. Just put some effort into your OP, that's all I ask.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Also is the Misogynoir thread going to be moved here?

I sent Lowtax a pm about this, so we'll see.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
So the alt-right won, and the "SJWs" got put into a ghetto for being too visible. They made D&D "great" again.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
This and the misogynoir thread are great threads that have really helped me articulate and develop my thoughts on the relevant issues. So as long as KM is mod I'm optimistic about a subforum. It's silly that it got to this point, but there's a chance to make it work.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Koalas March posted:

I sent Lowtax a pm about this, so we'll see.
Well first we should determine the main purpose this forum will serve. Will it solely concentrate on minority and race issues? I'm hesitant to start combining different subjects in here such as gender issues, because then we risk making subforums for every possible discussion topic.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Lowtax posted:

we risk making subforums for every possible discussion topic.

drat it you're on to us.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Talmonis posted:

So the alt-right won, and the "SJWs" got put into a ghetto for being too visible. They made D&D "great" again.
Yes, that's what happened, I made a specific forum for race discussion and modded the person people were asking for, ensuring anybody who posts in this forum to troll will be banned. A new forum dedicated to race relations has been created; the alt-right have truly won.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Lowtax posted:

Well first we should determine the main purpose this forum will serve. Will it solely concentrate on minority and race issues? I'm hesitant to start combining different subjects in here such as gender issues, because then we risk making subforums for every possible discussion topic.

The only onerous task I ask of you is to do less talking and more listening. See where it goes off to. Let your baby bird fly.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

You lost a lot of good moderators, especially over in SAS. MV, Fatherdog, etc, were all good dudes doing a good job

edit: That being said, can we do something about this red title :(

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

TBH I'm excited at the prospect of having a forum about black issues (or maybe PoC) issues specifically, and there's a whole load of things that we can talk about under this umbrella without the forum being a catch-all zone for the social left. I feel like KM will have enough on hey hands as is, and I'm loath to call for decentralizing black issues for approximately the billionth time in history.

I'm looking forward to contributing, without making my egghead white girl rear end obnoxious, hopefully.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

teen witch posted:

The only onerous task I ask of you is to do less talking and more listening. See where it goes off to. Let your baby bird fly.
I don't plan on doing hardly any talking, I'm completely open to all suggestions.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Lowtax posted:

I would like to keep this for PoC issues, but I want it to keep the name Negrotown. I think the rules thread lays out nicely that all other POC are welcome to make their own threads as long as they are not low effort OPS.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Fluffdaddy posted:

You lost a lot of good moderators, especially over in SAS. MV, Fatherdog, etc, were all good dudes doing a good job

edit: That being said, can we do something about this red title :(

MV and Intruder drat they were great.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Koalas March posted:

I would like to keep this for PoC issues, but I want it to keep the name Negrotown. I think the rules thread lays out nicely that all other POC are welcome to make their own threads as long as they are not low effort OPS.

I mean as long as people read the like first 5 rules at the top we'll all be golden

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Koalas March posted:

Excellent, I feel the same way. The rules are your baby, so write them as you want.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
One request: "If the black folks here feel uncomfortable with your posting, or ask you to leave, loving leave. Respect our boundaries. Otherwise you will be probated or banned."

I don't like that at all. Could you please remove that?

murphyslaw
Feb 16, 2007
It never fails
Aww yiss this is the good poo poo. Congrats, KM! And congrats D&D with your spanking new sjw ghetto subforum :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Koalas March posted:

Luke Cage is amazing. Feel free to start an LC thread!
I just mostly wanted to use the title, as I aint an expert on him in the comics like some folks.

also it would mostly be other people edumacating me becuase I found it a cool show but I understood very few of the references

• Locked thread