Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Making a separate Negrotown subforum was a really bad idea. It has basically put a target on the posters of this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

semper wifi
Oct 31, 2007
just lol

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Lowtax posted:

One request: "If the black folks here feel uncomfortable with your posting, or ask you to leave, loving leave. Respect our boundaries. Otherwise you will be probated or banned."

I don't like that at all. Could you please remove that?

It's either that or just a long string of bans or probations, otherwise it'll be the same as the thread before and you've solved nothing.

Otherwise it'll be separate but not equal.

then again how did we even get here

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Lowtax posted:

One request: "If the black folks here feel uncomfortable with your posting, or ask you to leave, loving leave. Respect our boundaries. Otherwise you will be probated or banned."

What's wrong with it, exactly?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Lowtax posted:

I would argue against this because we get a bunch of people coming into threads that are sea lioning and "just asking questions," who do it just to troll, and that rule makes it clear that we won't put up with that bullshit.

But I guess like most other forums, we can basically have a catch all rule that probates/bans you for being a lovely poster and the same effect is achieved.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
If SA is going to make the Negrotown thread into autonomous Kurdistan they should at least be allowed to police themselves.

Otherwise I guess yu'd have a form of apartheid.

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

blackguy32 posted:

I would argue against this because we get a bunch of people coming into threads that are sea lioning and "just asking questions," who do it just to troll, and that rule makes it clear that we won't put up with that bullshit.

But I guess like most other forums, we can basically have a catch all rule that probates/bans you for being a lovely poster and the same effect is achieved.

I mean, it's technically more lax than those catch all rules too, given that they are just asked to leave instead of being outright probated.

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Deceitful Penguin posted:

I just mostly wanted to use the title, as I aint an expert on him in the comics like some folks.

also it would mostly be other people edumacating me becuase I found it a cool show but I understood very few of the references

If someone makes the thread I will absolutely talk about the comics side of it

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Lowtax posted:

Also, I'd like to point out, that since this is its own separate subforum, that means KM can make her own rules for it and enforce them however she pleases. That includes banning people.

Unironically, Lowtax akbar.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
Even though I am extremely not a POC, I am very excited to read this new forum.

In particular, I am very loathe to post a thread myself but I would love to read about POC in academia, especially STEM areas. I know some of the history of POC in academia (including slavery, although this book demands a more thorough read https://www.amazon.com/Ebony-Ivy-Troubled-Americas-Universities/dp/1596916818 ) and some of the barriers that exist for POC. But I'd like to learn more!

semper wifi
Oct 31, 2007
i'm 100% aryan but once dated a black girl where am i authorized to post??

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Who What Now posted:

What's wrong with it, exactly?

It does sometimes lead to situations where posters are asked to prove their blackness, apparently.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
You could probably reword the rule to be like:

"If the black folks here feel uncomfortable with your posting, or ask you to leave, that means you're probably about to be probated or banned if you keep doing what you're doing. If you don't want to be probated or banned, it may be a good idea to step back from posting here and think about why the black posters are saying this!"

Gets the same message across without saying "if we say you have to leave you literally must leave immediately or you will be banned," which I think is what Lowtax's problem is. Probate/ban people for bad posting, not because the goons in the thread have decreed you're not allowed to post here anymore.

semper wifi
Oct 31, 2007

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

It does sometimes lead to situations where posters are asked to prove their blackness, apparently.

"the sedanchair rule"

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

I was thinking the same thing, it might be a bit problematic. We don't have race listed under our avatar. If someone is too stupid to heed several warnings, then KM can just simply ban them.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

semper wifi posted:

i'm 100% aryan but once dated a black girl where am i authorized to post??

You can post here provided that you don't shitpost. Like the post you just made? That is an example of what not to do. But follow the rules, and we will get along just fine.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

LunarShadow posted:

It's been, what, an hour since the subforum was created and already people are trying to poo poo it up.

And the koalas will eat their carcasses.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
It's absolutely unfair to give one group of people with a certain skin color the power to force others of a different skin color to leave a thread. That is absolutely racism.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
One of my threads was removed, could I hear the moderators thoughts on Transracial* people and why they are not deserving of a their own thread?

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Rigel posted:

I was thinking the same thing, it might be a bit problematic. We don't have race listed under our avatar. If someone is too stupid to heed several warnings, then KM can just simply ban them.

I think it would be a good idea to have a crew thread where this rule will be enforced and have something more generalist for the whole negrotown subforum so that some debate may happen even if it makes some posters unhappy but they can still have a thread to relax in.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Lowtax posted:

It's absolutely unfair to give one group of people with a certain skin color the power to force others of a different skin color to leave a thread. That is absolutely racism.

*peers at the past six months of d&d subforum* are you uh, sure you want to get into litigating that that big chief

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I AM BRAWW posted:

One of my threads was removed, could I hear the moderators thoughts on Transracial* people and why they are not deserving of a their own thread?

Tiresome!

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

What?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Lowtax posted:

You moved this thread with a large number of minority posters into another forum.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Lowtax posted:

No one is removing anyone for the "sin" of being white. But if a (theoretical) poster is making ALL the poc posters in that group 'uncomfortable' with their posting they will be removed. Because 9 times out of 10 what they're posting is thinly veiled/dog whistle racism

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

I AM BRAWW posted:

You ignored the rules. It says 90% of low-effort OPs will be removed. You made a low-effort OP. You gambled and lost. Make an effort post next time.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Lowtax posted:

It has never once been simply because of a posters skin color.

E:f,b

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

You could probably reword the rule to be like:

"If the black folks here feel uncomfortable with your posting, or ask you to leave, that means you're probably about to be probated or banned if you keep doing what you're doing. If you don't want to be probated or banned, it may be a good idea to step back from posting here and think about why the black posters are saying this!"

Gets the same message across without saying "if we say you have to leave you literally must leave immediately or you will be banned," which I think is what Lowtax's problem is. Probate/ban people for bad posting, not because the goons in the thread have decreed you're not allowed to post here anymore.

Yeah. The spirit of the rule was "if almost all of the black people here think you're being an insulting shithead, we're gonna make you GTFO, because it means you're being an insulting shithead to black people generally." No harm in fixing that up so that this reading of it:

Lowtax posted:

is no longer possible.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

gently caress Whitey posted:

If someone makes the thread I will absolutely talk about the comics side of it
here you go
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806379

Koalas March posted:

You ignored the rules. It says 90% of low-effort OPs will be removed. You made a low-effort OP. You gambled and lost. Make an effort post next time.
I put a buncha gifs in the OP, does that count as effort?

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Koalas March posted:

Ok, thank you for the insight. I'll fix it and re-post it later.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

How bout "If your being a poo poo, git"

Jokes aside.

"If you are making posters here uncomfortable and they call you out on it, please leave. If you fail to do so, appropriate measures will be taken."

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Shots fired!

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Koalas March posted:

Because 9 times out of 10 what they're posting is thinly veiled/dog whistle racism

I'd think you could just explain/warn/probate/ban for this without regard to what the poster's (claimed, unverified) race is.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Hey I spent a lotta time looking for the right ones fucker

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

remusclaw posted:

How bout "If your being a poo poo, git"

Jokes aside.

"If you are making posters here uncomfortable and they call you out on it, please leave. If you fail to do so, appropriate measures will be taken."

Which is really generous. If the roles are reversed no court would sentence a white mod for probating or banning a black poster.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

here you go
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806379
Yep. Does this count as mod sass? Let's find out!

Rigel posted:

I'd think you could just explain/warn/probate/ban for this without regard to what the poster's (claimed, unverified) race is.

No one's race is mentioned in the rule. Anyone who does that will be subject to it

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Koalas March posted:

No one is removing anyone for the "sin" of being white. But if a (theoretical) poster is making ALL the poc posters in that group 'uncomfortable' with their posting they will be removed. Because 9 times out of 10 what they're posting is thinly veiled/dog whistle racism
Then just ban or probate the dude for trolling. There doesn't need to be a specific rule saying people of one skin color have more power than another.

semper wifi
Oct 31, 2007

Koalas March posted:

"have opinions that the thread hivemind find acceptable or get banned"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

semper wifi posted:

"have opinions that the thread hivemind finds acceptable or get banned"

sounds like you need a hug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

semper wifi posted:

"have opinions that the thread hivemind finds acceptable or get banned"

just because it is an opinion doesn't mean it cant be a shitpost....

• Locked thread