Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

14 BAR RIFF posted:

When people say it's unhealthy and dangerous, my brain thinks so is any vice. Smoking, drinking, they all have their price to pay.

Yeah, but false equivalence there. I mean yes, the cigarettes can kill you*, and the drinking can too, either directly or indirectly. But the meth, in addition to being inherently poisonous, is also black market and therefore not qualitatively regulated. When you buy a pack of cigs you are not rolling the dice against the distinct possibility that this pack is cut with something that will hospitalize you or maybe just kill you tonight.

I hear what you're saying, though. And I'm really glad that you're aware of the destruction that goes hand in hand with felony convictions. If that's the thing that'll get you to stay sober, then hooray!

*Back in the 1990s I had a buddy named Mark. You remind me a lot of him. Mark had a rough upbringing, he was on his own at an early age. Spent a lot of time on various people's couches, drank hard when he drank, smoked various owl pellets and so on. Was an absolutely amazing person, utterly loyal, incredibly generous, never violent, literally would give a man his shoes off his feet and then go barefoot if the whim took him. He was a survivor, the kind of dude you'd be sure would survive the apocalypse.

Also smoked like a chimney. One day he got a real bad cold, his girlfriend insisted finally that he go to the hospital, it turned into pneumonia, and a couple days later he died. He was 25. I went to his memorial service and it was packed, there were like 200+ people stuffed into this little community hall. I still miss Mark.

The cigarettes didn't directly kill him, he didn't get cancer or emphysema or heart disease. I doubt it was the ecstasy or the booze or the... well, whatever else he dabbled in, I wouldn't have known but I don't think those things give you pneumonia. But they probably did indirectly kill him, because a smoker's odds against pneumonia are way lower than a non-smoker's, and the various other substances tend to also reduce the immune system. We'll never know for sure. Nobody talks about that. Mark wouldn't have quit even if everyone told him to (especially if everyone told him to) for reasons that'd be very familiar to you. Mark gave up maybe 60+ years of life in exchange for whatever pleasures are to be had from smoking for ten years. It happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
This is just sort of looking at the black humor side of thinge for a second but I can absolutely believe the story about the Hells Angels cook just based purely off the sheer level of utter insanity that happened and also because the idea of artisanal small batch boutique amphetamine purveyors would be loving hilarious at some tasting and pairing event in Napa or Tahoe. Black tie and everything, starting off totally formal and professional and like three hours later they're still tallying the body count

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I've revised what I'm trying to sat like 3 or 4 times now and it just turns into this giant wall of saying the same thing over and over and it's a huge cluttered mess so this tIme I'll try and streamine it.

Jail and prison have always been massive deterrents to me. How many people who have lived the way I've lived, done what I've done, taken what I've taken, can manage to say they have an absolutely clean legal record? That's why the incident the other night was so incredibly important. I'm not naive enough to try to claim anything I've done was anything even close to safe or healthy, but I was always in a familiar, predictable, controllable setting.

When people say it's unhealthy and dangerous, my brain thinks so is any vice. Smoking, drinking, they all have their price to pay. If it was just the skin crawling and the picking, well, yeah I'd probably find a way to put up with that while I had little 'weekend vacations' when nobody needs to know if I go quiet for a little while. But that ship sailed the moment I broke my own rules and stayed outside making decisions that I would not make and have not ever made and directly jeopardized any chance I have at having a future back.

I may not care very much about physical or mental repurcussions but you bet your loving rear end I have always cared about the legal ones and now that I can no longer trust myself to stick to the plan that's kept me out of trouble this whole time it's an entirely new ball game.

I feel better about myself today than ever. Just asking for some faith, because while I may not be invincible I have no fear over squaring off face to face with what everyone else thinks is impossible. I'm stubborn, I'm persistent, and I survive. It's what I do

We're here for you, man. I'm one of the local goons, and am happy to spend time with you in person if you're fiending or lonely or whatever and need some emotional support.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
But I have a cat for when I'm lonely and need emotional support

:unsmigghh:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Although if Kristen Schaal was my mom that would explain that thing that happeneds to my weiner when I listen to her voice

I honestly have no idea which way to interpret this.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I honestly have no idea which way to interpret this.

The best art is ambiguous.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

The only thing I want to see, is you happy and well.

Also Rick begat Dick, eh?

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Your new calling: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806302

Heil Brady

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Also just got the funds from the failed Fastback good intentions, you guys are incredible. There was a slight delay over the chaos of the end of the trip, but I always had faith in Danno.

Given recent events, I don't necessarily feel I'm required to post this, but I wanted to help prove what I say about how my brain compartmentalises and justifies whether or not an action is okay or not. Many people labelled an addict who just got handed $600 essentially cash with absolutely no way for anyone to guarantee it goes where it should would probably be on the phone with their dealer before they even got to the bank.

I choose differently, because I make sure if someone helps me out I do not take that for granted. Now the trick is who can I trust to make sure it gets where it needs to? Who has been the only reason I've taken such lengths to avoid incarceration, not because I fear being locked away, but because I don't want to let them down yet again? Well, there's this one guy, I think he can handle that responsibility.

I'm glad you were able to do something with that money that made you happy. Sucks that neither car worked out as intended, but hey, they money was yours to use either way and I'm glad you're able to put it to use.
Let no one say that we don't care about you in this dead gay subfourm. We're here for you dude, and we want to see you get better.

Also, you know, it's the least we could do for having you freeze yourself half to death in a field for our amusement.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I got linked over to something sensitive where they were discussing me just after the meatpimpening and lol some people are still replying with images of fat me from high school. Like, gently caress, that's pretty loving sad considering out of all the material they'd have to work with against me some dude I have never met with a screen name I've never seen before is devoting enough mental real estate to save pictures from my abanoned photobucket account like it's some savage own

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Something sensitive is a bunch of sad losers?

In other news, water is wet.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
What the gently caress is something sensitive?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
As far as I can tell its a wash out website full of people who couldnt cut it over here. There's something supremely sad about thinking a picture of me from 2002 is worth saving and keeping in the back of their mind just in case they see their moment. It's incredibly depressing, just not in the way they obviously were aiming for

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
It's for people who are bitter because they got kicked out for being too racist/sexist/transphobic mostly, so yeah... The worst people. Only downside is that it makes it hard to critique parts of this site that are Scary and Bad (the tension with D&D has come to a head recently, at least) without being seen as one of them.

triple clutcher
Jul 3, 2012
I love the thought process.

"whoa, this dude drove halfway across the US to help a complete stranger achieve a ludicrous wrenching project."
"What a fag. Let's find old pictures of him and post them on the Internet."

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I got linked over to something sensitive where they were discussing me just after the meatpimpening and lol some people are still replying with images of fat me from high school. Like, gently caress, that's pretty loving sad considering out of all the material they'd have to work with against me some dude I have never met with a screen name I've never seen before is devoting enough mental real estate to save pictures from my abanoned photobucket account like it's some savage own

Heh. I mean, you post pics of your pasty rear end topless and covered in motor oil, and they think chubby high school pics are going to be an embarrassment? Do they not understand the level of fucks given?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Pants shitters who wanted a safe space to bitch about SJW's without getting their feeling hurt.

Oh and to obsess over a gay dead forum and Lowtax.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I'm kinda curious if those weirdos are even aware I exist, and if they've found neckbeard.jpg or not.

Not that I give a single gently caress either way, just curious.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Liquid Communism posted:

Heh. I mean, you post pics of your pasty rear end topless and covered in motor oil, and they think chubby high school pics are going to be an embarrassment? Do they not understand the level of fucks given?

Yeah well them and Kiwi Farms make a habit of saying they doxxed someone and then realizing they doxxed someone innocent. I doubt a 14 year old picture is going to stop them

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Get to some meetings and get a sponsor, try to stick with recovery and I think your life will start to figure itself out over time, you have all the potential to excel and I don't think I'm the only one here who legitimately believes you can make it. Go hard and don't stop, Dave.

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I didn't even know this thing existed. I thought 4chan was a community for ex-SA rejects. For a dead gay forum, this site sure creates a lot of bitter, butt-hurt twats who can't let go.
As for Dave...dude, don't pay any attention to them. You know where our loyalties lie.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

After a hasty move to the country after being evicted, I thought seeing a Justy with "FARM USE" plates would be the weirdest thing I'd see today, but then I opened this thread after a week without internet

(14: be safe, be you, and come out here to SW Virginia, where there are more 2 ton truck carcasses than internet pings)
(we'll make hot sauce out of ghost peppers and panther piss, it'll be great)

JacquelineDempsey fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jan 20, 2017

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

steady posted:

I didn't even know this thing existed. I thought 4chan was a community for ex-SA rejects. For a dead gay forum, this site sure creates a lot of bitter, butt-hurt twats who can't let go.
As for Dave...dude, don't pay any attention to them. You know where our loyalties lie.

Im no stranger to people not enjoying my presence, if it was just poo poo talking I'd have been whatever, when I hit the photobucket pis I was like wow, that's what you went with. Uh, okay

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
are you going to post the pic?

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Those guys are p. sad, live in basements, hate women and envy men, etc.

- a psychologist

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Seriously, can you just take the cat and move in with your parents for a while?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Take care of yourself man. We'll be here for any support you do (and don't) want.

e: I figured out what happened to the Jeep.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jan 20, 2017

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/rvs/5932050900.html

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

are you going to post the pic?

Vim Fuego posted:

Seriously, can you just take the cat and move in with your parents for a while?

Had a meeting with myou case manager and I'm optimistic that won't be necessary

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009
optimistic for you- you strange beautiful bastard
was relating your adventures to some co-workers they were equally down about you heading back to Wash.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Dear Penthouse,

I never thought it would happen to me. From the moment I locked my eyes on that shimmering blue, I knew this was it. This was the one. It had something I wanted, no, something I needed, and there it lay open before me, no secrets kept hidden away. A dance of sorts began, hands knowing just where to go, what to tug, what needed to slip off to get inside.

On this day, I discovered I packed exactly down to the last piece only what tools I needed to strip the top end of a 2.2L Ecotec, not a single one more or less.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Oh and then I put my dick in it just want to make sure that wasnt too subtle

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I am really getting sick and tired of a P0300 random multiple miss code on a vehicle now with good compression across all 4 cylinders, manually confirmed even firing good spray pattern on all four inectors confirmed by having the fuel rail assembled but uninstalled and held over cardboard, and a "single" coil on plug loving assembly that must be bolted down over all four spark plugs with a single connector.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Oh god, it has one of those Saab-style ignition cassettes? I'm guessing they can be rebuilt somehow but they are definitely dumb, apparently common no start-issue on Saabs.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I'm pretty sure you're supposed to take your dick out of the spark plug holes before you crank it over.

Can the knock sensor possibly be sending faulty signals?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Narrowed it down using the spark plugs themselves as my indicators. Plugs 1 and 4 were perfectly clean and fuel soaked, and pistons cleaned off. Swapped the soothed plugs into 1 and 4 and the clean plugs into 2 and 3, and started showing evidence of combustion on the centers. Since compression is known good, and fuel injectors confirmed operating normally via visual testing, that leaves ignition. We've tried 2 coil pack assemblies with zero change, so either we have 2 that happen to have failed identically (possible, given the high praises I've seen for the units online), or one coil driver circuit is not operating somehow. That means testing the circuit one step at a time from ECM through the harness to the individual pins for each circuit inconnector at the coil.

:suicide:

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I am really getting sick and tired of a P0300 random multiple miss code on a vehicle now with good compression across all 4 cylinders, manually confirmed even firing good spray pattern on all four inectors confirmed by having the fuel rail assembled but uninstalled and held over cardboard, and a "single" coil on plug loving assembly that must be bolted down over all four spark plugs with a single connector.

Attention Mr. 14 Inch Riff.
The new episode of The Grand Tour has a Biturbo Challenge.
Just thought you'd like to know.

Also

If I know SoSe, they probably got that from an old goons.jpg thread that dates back close to 10 years to two or three long dead SASS/TNE iterations. It's most likely not personal, unless they named you.

MullardEL34 fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Jan 21, 2017

Lean Six Ligma
Nov 26, 2005

Dirty Fuckin' Dangles, Boys
I solved that misfire with the stupid GM ignition cassette thing by grafting on a neon ignition coil and some plug wires from a 90's cavalier, worked awesome after uningeneering it

Lean Six Ligma fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jan 21, 2017

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmnn iiiiiiiiiiitttrr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Oh good. Transgender components. Let me guess, the part number itself is unchanged?

• Locked thread