Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Lol no way am I spending another 50 mythril on a Tiny Bee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

U-DO Burger posted:

Lol no way am I spending another 50 mythril on a Tiny Bee

What about TWO tiny bees?

Orfeo
Nov 27, 2007

Ectobiology sure does involve a lot of button pushing.

Attestant posted:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Is Yuna the first to get a 2nd BSB? Is it an apology for tiny bee?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I think I've only got four relics from that banner (Alphinaud SSB, Krile Sheepsong, Krile BSB, Eiko BSB).

I'm going for it.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Attestant posted:

I already have two tiny bees :shepface:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
its a really scary banner for full price...

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Can someone please post that really cool relic spreadsheet layout from the last couple weeks? I'm finally breaking down and making one :negative:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Can someone please post that really cool relic spreadsheet layout from the last couple weeks? I'm finally breaking down and making one :negative:

There's no template that does anything automatically. People just make a row for every realm and enter all their relics and color code the cells by whatever scheme they want. (Usually O/B/S/_ SB, sometimes by Star count/combines, sometimes by Mage/physical/healing, whatever word for you.)

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

KataraniSword posted:

Ramza's burst is in such a weird place. On paper, it's not bad - a +100% DEF boost means you don't really need Wall against physical-only bosses, and command 1 is a spammable two-hit Banishing Strike. But then there's the problem that his Command 2 buffs another character's SB gauge a little more than that character would get by using a skill (+80, compared to skills being 60-70, Lifesiphon being 150, and Wrath being 180). It's okay for pushing someone over the edge, but if you're using Ramza to build gauge, you might as well give him Wrath+Entrust to do it quicker.

There's also the fact it's probably in the running for the worst of his non-default SBs next to Hail of Stones, except that's not speaking bad of Unsung Hero. Ramza's other SBs are just all stupidly good.

I don't think it's Ramza specially rather than all the Knight bsbs I've seen be weirdly niche non-dps bsbs.

I have Beatrix and Leons bsbs and they're the same way. Beatrix (and Agrias) especially has sbs that easily equals her bsb in worth. I assume it's because as a class knights are pretty amazing in ffrk so they have to balance it out.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Elephant Ambush posted:

Just go to FFRKCentral and link your account with a one-time code (you can even add extra layers of encryption if you're :tinfoil: about people having read-only access to your account)

Like so: https://www.ffrkcentral.com/profile/ewFR

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Seriously gently caress this boss :mad:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Is Ultra Cure good? It looks good

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

U-DO Burger posted:

Is Ultra Cure good? It looks good

It's good. I wouldn't immediately go out and hone it to 5 because it's not an every-fight thing, but getting it to r3 is probably a nice medium term goal.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
did a dollar pull for poo poo's and giggles. Didn't grab Jecht's other ball but I got Braska's SSB High Summoner's Robe.

I remember when it seemed like X relics avoided me like the plague

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Zurai posted:

It's good. I wouldn't immediately go out and hone it to 5 because it's not an every-fight thing, but getting it to r3 is probably a nice medium term goal.

Sweet, it's about time we got an Esuna worth using an ability slot on

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
I don't think I've ever enjoyed multiplayer more than breaking out Trigger Happy against the Magus Sisters and spamming "I'LL HEAL!" and "Incredible!" stamps the entire time while a bunch of maxed out Alphinauds and Tiduses wait their turn to attack an 80-difficulty boss.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Zurai posted:

what other 5 star WHM abilities will we be getting? I haven't used a Major White Orb in ages

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Snazzy Frocks posted:

what other 5 star WHM abilities will we be getting? I haven't used a Major White Orb in ages

It's not the Major White Orbs that you should probably conserve, it's the Major Winds that Ultra Cure inexplicably costs.

And to answer your question: none, to the best of my memory. This is the most recent white magic ability released IIRC.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Mastered the X Torment CM :toot:

Thanks Braska, your fire staff was useful letting you do 8500 per hit of chain firaga :hellyeah:

PS I'm glad I pulled on this banner as a Raines BSB Haver. Seymour's Robe ended up being much more than a booby prize, now I have a full set of holy and dark boosting gear I can slap on him for 9999s in any realm :getin:

Beasteh fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jan 20, 2017

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
I thought I'd recovered from my bad lucky pulls in JP and Global two days ago, and pulled on the IX-2 banner. 1/11. :cry: Can't catch a break. Luckily I wanted almost everything on the banner, so even though I only got Quina's hat, it'll go nicely with Tidus' BSB, I guess. I really wanted a spear... (or Hamelin, damnit) :smith: Sorry Quina and Freya, guess you're stuck with the lame 4*+++ dagger for the foreseeable future.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Zurai posted:

It's not the Major White Orbs that you should probably conserve, it's the Major Winds that Ultra Cure inexplicably costs.

And to answer your question: none, to the best of my memory. This is the most recent white magic ability released IIRC.

Pretty sure the entire Cure line of spells costs Wind Orbs.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Beasteh posted:

Some reddit guy made an effortpost ranking the best mage meta guys and I was pleasantly surprised to see that my girl Trepe is one of the best overall damage dealers, sat just below the top tier Raines/Maria/Papa/Edea/Rapha :unsmith:

Helps that poison is practically never resisted

It surprised me to see Edea so high up there, considering I've seen like no hype about her burst at all prior to that post

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Grozz Nuy posted:

It surprised me to see Edea so high up there, considering I've seen like no hype about her burst at all prior to that post
it's a Maria clone, but with ice damage and higher magic thresholds for number of hits

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Edea is the Ice/Dark flavor of the Maria/Papalymo BSB, it's mostly just overshadowed by Fujin's BSB and the other things on the banner before it so it goes unnoticed (sort of like Papalymo's BSB against Yshtola's Asylum and Alphinaud's stuff).

The Banner isn't even that bad either. Quistis BSB and Edea's BSB together makes a pretty decent Mage banner depending on how many of the consolation prizes you have (Selphie's SSB, Irvine's Hyper Break SSB, Edea's Imperil Dark SSB, Quistis's Mighty Guard, and Quistis's OSB which despite Mage BSBs generally being more attractive then the OSBs, is still nice on someone who can just spam Wrath.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Edea also has the problem where she's one of the last characters to get her MC3, so she's stuck at 80 for a long time. But honestly, between her and Quistis' BSBs, the banner is a pretty good set.

In other bits, the dev team really has shown a lot of love in their FF9 SBs, and their latest ones are no exception.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

ApplesandOranges posted:

Edea also has the problem where she's one of the last characters to get her MC3, so she's stuck at 80 for a long time. But honestly, between her and Quistis' BSBs, the banner is a pretty good set.

In other bits, the dev team really has shown a lot of love in their FF9 SBs, and their latest ones are no exception.

Ya missed one...

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Goddammit, I suck at saving Mythril when Final Fantasy X appears... :eng99:

At least getting Yuna's Better Burst is good news (My Mage Meta is getting even more stupid strong) after only getting Zidane's Orichalcum in the Lucky Draw...

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Beasteh posted:

Just go to FFRKCentral and link your account with a one-time code (you can even add extra layers of encryption if you're :tinfoil: about people having read-only access to your account)

Like so: https://www.ffrkcentral.com/profile/ewFR

Thanks. I'm also making my own ad-hoc format. Is sorting primarily by realm pretty standard?

Also when is the Nightmare banner coming? After FFT I assume?

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I want to say the 24th, but I can't remember where I got that source.

I'm looking forward to it, last month I had just gotten the ability to beat a few, this month, I'm hoping to be able to clear most, if not all of them.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

iamsosmrt posted:

I want to say the 24th, but I can't remember where I got that source.

I'm looking forward to it, last month I had just gotten the ability to beat a few, this month, I'm hoping to be able to clear most, if not all of them.

Kongbakpao does indeed say it is on the 24th.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Zurai posted:

I really don't want to conserve Major White Orbs as much as I want to have a reason to use my stockpile of them without worry

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Well there are vanishingly few ways to use MWOs without using the other type of MWOs. So I hope your stocks are equally plentiful there.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Dr Pepper posted:

Pretty sure the entire Cure line of spells costs Wind Orbs.

except curada where wind becomes earth

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Oddly enough, my own bottleneck is Major Holy Orbs, not Wind Orbs. I blame honing up Alexander to 5/5 to synergize with Hope OSB.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
I'm using my newbie party based on the 5* and 6*s I got from my first few banners. I'm rocking tyro, Yuna, terra, steiner, and Bartz at lv 65. I have 5 soul break 2 tokens from something (login reward?)

How rare are they and is it worthwhile to use some/all of what I have to get my party to 80 so that I can do a few more event levels?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Richard M Nixon posted:

How rare are they and is it worthwhile to use some/all of what I have to get my party to 80 so that I can do a few more event levels?

not rare at all, we get one just about every week. go nuts

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

For that matter, absolutely do level-break Tyro a second time. He may or may not always be useful in a team (depending mostly on if you drew Sentinel's Grimoire), but the materia he can drop once he's gotten past Lv65, Dr. Mog's Teachings, is absolutely a must-have for later on in the game when you have people with SBs that need to be fired off at the beginning of a boss fight (for example, any sort of hastega, or the aforementioned SG).

Cloud has a functionally identical one called Mako Might, so in the long run it might be worth getting him some levels even if you don't plan on using him.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Yeah I think between weekly event dungeons and the free giveaways, you should never really hold back from breaking level caps to 80. Of course the grind to get your characters there is real, so use that and whatever relics you pull as your bigger considerations for how you want to progress your characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

way to go steve
Jan 1, 2010
I started about three weeks ago, and I've been wondering about leveling some guys too. I'm feeling like my limiting factor is my lack of good abilities, and I'd really like to get up through 120 difficulty stuff to get abilities and orbs. I'm hesitant to burn through my stocks of eggs/lodes though, mostly because I'm not sure what characters I want to be using. Does going from 50 to 65 make a huge difference?

Did my first couple pulls pretty much blindly, but I feel like I have some decent damage BSBs. I do have sentinel's and dr mogs, but no party haste and no healing SBs at all, except tailwind. And synergy is almost nonexistent. Am I just banging my head against a wall?

• Locked thread