Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Gin and Juche posted:

You moved this thread with a large number of minority posters into another forum.
Wait, now I'm being racist because I created an entire subforum dedicated to race discussion, one that people said they wanted? I love how every decision I make is instantly vilified by both political spectrums. The left says I'm being racist for making a forum. The right says I'm being a cuck (or whatever) because I'm giving a special safe place for the left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Mods:

Please change thread title to Aparthread.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

semper wifi posted:

"have opinions that the thread hivemind find acceptable or get banned"

Post unpopular opinions at your own risk is a pretty common deal.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

semper wifi posted:

"have opinions that the thread hivemind find acceptable or get banned"

Bruce Willis in the 3rd Die Hard is your favorite cosplay

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Chilichimp posted:

Mods:

Please change thread title to Aparthread.

I knew someone would find a way to talk about 3Os condo ITT.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Lowtax posted:

Then just ban or probate the dude for trolling. There doesn't need to be a specific rule saying people of one skin color have more power than another.

It's negrotown. It was created as a an offshoot of Negrotown. A thread for the black people. The assumption was that the majority of posters would black yes? This being the folks who would be made uncomfortable? But whatever, I will reword it when I get to a computer.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Lowtax posted:

Wait, now I'm being racist because I created an entire subforum dedicated to race discussion, one that people said they wanted? I love how every decision I make is instantly vilified by both political spectrums. The left says I'm being racist for making a forum. The right says I'm being a cuck (or whatever) because I'm giving a special safe place for the left.

I said it earlier, but I think this was a bad idea, not because it creates a race discussion subforum, but because it puts a target on people's backs and it is basically a honeypot.

I personally won't be posting here that much anymore, just because its just going to be pages of even more driveby shitposting, but I appreciate the gesture.

We do need some sports mods over in the sports forums though, I can't leave there until Buffalo makes the playoffs and Alabama gets the National Championship back.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Koalas March, I've already sent you a pm in the past. Just checking if I can post in the negro town. Yes I'm black but I've avoided this thread (and DnD in general) but I got probated for various reasons. One of which is posting here. I really don't know why you felt that way but I want to clear it up again for the record.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
it's already implicitly understood that bad posting that nobody likes will result in bans/probations so i don't think any redundant rules on that topic are necessary

either way prohibiting people only from this forum is less effective than probating them, which does the entire forum the service of removing losers from the posting pool

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Lowtax posted:

Oh man, you knew this was going to happen. It happens everytime a thread gets punted to its own subforum. Get real.
If threads like this one and other ones KM heavily moderated don't fit your comedy forum roadmap or your personal preference just straight up gas them and ban the posters.

Opening up this to dogpiling so you can be like 'whew that sure was a mess' before nuking it away is weak.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Koalas March posted:

It's negrotown. It was created as a an offshoot of Negrotown. A thread for the black people. The assumption was that the majority of posters would black yes? This being the folks who would be made uncomfortable? But whatever, I will reword it when I get to a computer.
But this forum is not a forum for just black people. Believe it or not, some black people have absolutely terrible opinions and ideas about things, so I do not believe they should be given a position of higher power based on skin color. That rule has no reason to be in there, and is covered by the forum catch-all no-trolling rule.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Literally no one is prohibited from posting here unless they are a nazi

But people who post racist poo poo will be removed

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Uncle Jam posted:

Oh man, you knew this was going to happen. It happens everytime a thread gets punted to its own subforum. Get real.
If threads like this one and other ones KM heavily moderated don't fit your comedy forum roadmap or your personal preference just straight up gas them and ban the posters.

Opening up this to dogpiling so you can be like 'whew that sure was a mess' before nuking it away is weak.

I don't think you caught the whole "lowtax is actually not literally the illuminati with wildly elaborate malevolent plans for the forums" point lowtax was making earlier.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Lowtax posted:

Were they the people that you aimed to help in the beginning though? It seemed like a few people went with the idea and it got ran with immediately.

And not entirely to throw words in your face, but if you don't see posters' race then how do you know that this is really what the NT posters wanted to begin with?

This may have gone through a little too quickly.

Hell if only for the connotation alone.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
I'm white.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Lowtax posted:

But this forum is not a forum for just black people. Believe it or not, some black people have absolutely terrible opinions and ideas about things, so I do not believe they should be given a position of higher power based on skin color. That rule has no reason to be in there, and is covered by the forum catch-all no-trolling rule.

Koalas March posted:

No one is removing anyone for the "sin" of being white. But if a (theoretical) poster is making ALL the poc posters in that group 'uncomfortable' with their posting they will be removed. Because 9 times out of 10 what they're posting is thinly veiled/dog whistle racism

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Uncle Jam posted:

Huh? I was just pointing out that it's funny how both sides of the political spectrum equally hate the choices I make.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Put a White Moderator to balance. The Ying To the Yang

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Gin and Juche posted:

And not entirely to throw words in your face, but if you don't see posters' race then how do you know that this is really what the NT posters wanted to begin with?
I didn't say black people wanted this, I said the posters who responded wanted this.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Lowtax posted:

Huh? I was just pointing out that it's funny how both sides of the political spectrum equally hate the choices I make.

Not so say this is one of those instances, but that can be a suggestion that a choice is universally wrong.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Koalas March posted:

Yep. Does this count as mod sass? Let's find out!
Dammit I'm just naturally sassy

Aint got nothing to do with mods

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Tesseraction posted:

Not so say this is one of those instances, but that can be a suggestion that a choice is universally wrong.
But that's every choice I've ever made.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Lowtax posted:

I didn't say black people wanted this, I said the posters who responded wanted this.

...Have you ever had a conversation with the average poster in D&D?

Cause you can hear some colorful thoughts on the Holodomor and policing in these parts, boy howdy.

Who What Now posted:

It was, like, one person. Not an entire political movement.

5 can get you a subforum

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Lowtax posted:

It was, like, one person. Not an entire political movement.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Lowtax posted:

Wait, now I'm being racist because I created an entire subforum dedicated to race discussion, one that people said they wanted?

If you want this to be a serious forum for race discussion (rather than, less charitably, a means of getting PoC posters out of d&d proper because some admins and mods find them troublesome and don't want to go through the trouble of culling racists from the ostensibly comedic remainder of the forum), why not allow the people who are interested in race discussion to moderate it the way they know, based on experience, it needs to be moderated?

You profess to be mostly uninterested in the forums' political drama, and want your forum to be chill and on-brand. Having already created a distinct subspace for segregating this kind of discussion, why not leave it to the people who are interested in it, and who have more stake in it?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Lowtax posted:

Maybe you just make bad choices

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

ffs Lowtax's entire beef with the thing is a narrow interpretation that wasn't even really intended that way and KM is rewriting it let it GOOOOOOO

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

PupsOfWar posted:

If you want this to be a serious forum for race discussion (rather than, less charitably, a means of getting PoC posters out of d&d proper because some admins and mods find them troublesome and don't want to go through the trouble of culling racists from the ostensibly comedic remainder of the forum), why not allow the people who are interested in race discussion to moderate it the way they know, based on experience, it needs to be moderated?

You profess to be mostly uninterested in the forums' political drama, and want your forum to be chill and on-brand. Having already created a distinct subspace for segregating this kind of discussion, why not leave it to the people who are interested in it, and who have more stake in it?

Well, it's his website. At a guess, he doesn't want to be the guy who made the racist place on his website where white people are second class citizens. Even if that's a completely stupid thing for people to say, they will.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

angerbeet posted:

I think lowtax makes excellent choices and this is one of them.

Listening to criticism by literally extremists is no way to live your life.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

also nobody appreciated this, it took me several minutes dammit

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

PupsOfWar posted:

I am allowing her to moderate it. But, heads up, I run the loving site and I kinda have every right to remove a rule I do not agree with.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Lowtax is a literall Nazi who is trying to take away power from a PoC now

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

angerbeet posted:

hahah "maybe"

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

I AM BRAWW posted:

/

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

I identify as black, yes?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

I AM BRAWW posted:

Shouldn't he be at the inauguration then?

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

I AM BRAWW posted:

:mediocre:

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

Gin and Juche posted:

Shouldn't he be at the inauguration then?

Hell he has my vote

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Lowtax posted:

hahah "maybe"
sometimes, benign neglect is the best option mang

just leave it be for a while and see what happens, it's not only the easiest option for you personally but probs also the right one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

OK I changed the rules

• Locked thread