Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man, After Dark

Oh my! :blush:

Keep it in your pants Julet Esqu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Aleph Null posted:

I can't believe they are making an entire week out of chocolate big. It's not even like that in my experience as a retail store chocolate connoisseur.
Stretching one barely-joke out for a week is a time-honored comic strip tradition.

You know, Dawn, given that you're sort-of-dating your professor, or at the very least spending too much time with him outside of school, you are the last person who should be scowling at someone else for their relationship choices.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Spiffster posted:

Possibly the safest as well. During the spider verse story arc in the comics that had the villain hunt and eat as many versions of Spider-Man as possible to gain power, the main villain actually wandered into the newspaper comic Spider-Man's universe. He eventually gave up because of the nature of repeating everything after and it would take days or even weeks to do anything of consequence.

Also spidey woke up from One More Day and just said it was a bad dream

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spiffster posted:

Possibly the safest as well. During the spider verse story arc in the comics that had the villain hunt and eat as many versions of Spider-Man as possible to gain power, the main villain actually wandered into the newspaper comic Spider-Man's universe. He eventually gave up because of the nature of repeating everything after and it would take days or even weeks to do anything of consequence.

Amazing. :allears:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Pop Team Epic

We're out of Honey Team Chatka for the moment, so I thought about switching over to the author's other new series, IP Police Tsuduki-chan, but it's references are even more absurdly specific. As in...

The first several are about G Gundam(yay!) and then it goes into anime I've never even seen. If you want, though, you can read them here.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

"Oh, and I hate you personally. Welp, I'm off to nail my hygienist in the exam room, I'll be late for dinner!"

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
FOUND IT! Enjoy folks.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

WickedHate posted:

We're out of Honey Team Chatka for the moment, so I thought about switching over to the author's other new series, IP Police Tsuduki-chan, but it's references are even more absurdly specific. As in...

The first several are about G Gundam(yay!) and then it goes into anime I've never even seen. If you want, though, you can read them here.
I can't believe I actually got this one, hell yeah

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

WickedHate posted:

Ah yes, the legendary School of the Undefeated of the Street.

... I'll show myself out.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
Just you wait for PhysEd.

Spiffster posted:

FOUND IT! Enjoy folks.

This is fantastic. Especially the brain-damaged line.

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

"Have you ever heard of Cutco?"

HES A loving DOCTOR WITH AN ESTABLISHED PRACTICE

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He just spent all his money on ICU fees because he never bothered to get family insurance.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

goatface posted:

He just spent all his money on ICU fees because he never bothered to get family insurance.

Rex got so used to the last author throwing money at him 24/7 that he thought he'd never need it.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BigDave posted:

"Oh, and I hate you personally. Welp, I'm off to nail my hygienist in the exam room, I'll be late for dinner!"

Man, if she acted in real life like her avatar does in the comics, I can't really blame her hubby for leaving her.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Today's Vargo comics run from "bland" to "infuriating."

Wizard of Id

Big Nate

Curtis

And Baldo you smug piece of poo poo

I feel bad that these suck so bad so here's the past couple of days of Baby Blues which I kinda liked.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Manuel Calavera posted:

Another day at least. The "shocking" reveal can come Saturday. Or maybe another week.

"You know, Mike, actually I think it would be better if you stayed with your mom. Paying rent will cut into your action figure allowance." "You're right Skip! You're so wise!"

quote:

Family Circus

"No, because I hate you most of all."

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
I remember Wren being born and my opinion still hasn't changed that that's the dumbest name for a baby

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

sweeperbravo posted:

I remember Wren being born and my opinion still hasn't changed that that's the dumbest name for a baby
I dunno, it's not exactly something I'd name my own children but it's consistent with the parents' habit of deliberately picking uncommon names (that the creators find funny to read). Hell, the authors picked Hamish specifically so the nickname could be Ham, even though they switched to Hammie pretty early.

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

Dumb name for a baby, great name for a bird-themed superhero. The parents are just thinking ahead.

Also I'm gonna object and say "Pasquale" is the worst name. Because everything in Rose is Rose is designed to be the worst ever.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Dream of the Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

And He Did. (November, 1915)

Outbursts of Everett True (May, 1916)

Doings of the Duffs (March, 1918, click for big)

The Gay Thirties (April, 1935, click for big))

They'll Do It Every Time (April, 1940, click for big)

Mopsy (September, 1940)

Tweedy (November, 1956, click for big)

Jaf (1969)

Feiffer (1970, click for big)

Andy Capp (January, 1971, click for big)

Wee Pals (January, 1971, click for big)

Pyton

Richard's Poor Almanac (click for big)

Dick Tracy (October, 2009, click for big)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Slammy posted:

"Otaku. Otaku never change."
:clint:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set probably hangs out with Dustin's dad.

Working Daze is actually frighteningly similar to something I actually heard before the election.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix hates Mondays.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Kid Fenris
Jan 22, 2004

If someone is reading this...
I must have failed.

Slammy posted:

Remember when...Hoki got sent to an internment camp a few months after Pearl Harbor?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Kid Fenris posted:

Remember when...Hoki got sent to an internment camp a few months after Pearl Harbor?

I was about to say, that would be extremely heartwarming otherwise. Upon further deliberation, also if not for all the racist laws still on the book, like miscegenation or segregation.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Holy poo poo. :eyepop:

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Slammy posted:

I want to see the Gay Fourties version of this one

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
It's 1935 so kid may be draft age by the time war were declared.
Good bye Hoki :rip:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

whiteyfats posted:

Holy poo poo. :eyepop:

If anyone here doesn't understand the edit please don't ask for context. For your own sanity.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MariusLecter posted:

If anyone here doesn't understand the edit please don't ask for context. For your own sanity.

I wish I didn't. :smithicide:

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Where's Death Ray when you need him.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Today's Dogg™

Dustin

Mandrake

http://i.imgur.com/qSnN0yU.gifv

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MariusLecter posted:

To bad. Dehumanize Yourself And Face To Bloodshed for real tho, it's a real loving downer. And it gets worse the further you read.

e - also gently caress off Gilchrist, you're a terrible Polititoonist.

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Jan 20, 2017

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Kid Fenris posted:

BORN ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE TRACKS

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

Mark Trail :siren: IS ON TO US :siren:

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Pooch Café

• Locked thread