Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Train posted:

Having another dudes item as a security blanket is hosed and unhealthy

You think no women keep old shirts from past bfs or anything like that?

It's not a security blanket it's a memento (again, giving her the benefit of the doubt).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Moridin920 posted:

Depends on the context really. Maybe it's her quilt.

the quilt was a gift that took a tremendous amount of labor

the axe spray is a 4 dollar can of deodorant that belonged to somebody she dated three years ago

it's a little weird to keep it, that's all.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

You think no women keep old shirts from past bfs or anything like that?

You can wear a shirt tho and I doubt they hide them in their drawer after saying they're getting rid of them

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mirthless posted:

"Let's open the relationship up so we can start nailing our exes again nonstop/pursue people we had crushes on or were deeply in love with at one time" is always the funniest turn to take in these stories, it always ends this way

Like if you're really think you can separate love and sex, you should probably keep people you legitimately loved (or deeply pined for) before your current relationship out of the loving equation

"let's leave a door open for the people i wanted before i settled for you"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mirthless posted:

the quilt was a gift that took a tremendous amount of labor

the axe spray is a 4 dollar can of deodorant that belonged to somebody she dated three years ago

Yeah but people ain't logical in the head like that. Maybe that's all she's got who knows. People certainly keep old photos around.

Mirthless posted:

it's a little weird to keep it, that's all.

I don't disagree. I'm just saying if I was the bf I'd just shrug and go 'weirdo' and not say anything about it unless it was still around months later into our relationship.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Or she's a hoarder.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

not say anything about it unless it was still around months later into our relationship.

But it is around months into it

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Train posted:

You can wear a shirt tho and I doubt they hide them in their drawer after saying they're getting rid of them

It seems like a fairly minor white lie in effort to keep the current bf appeased while also not tossing old mementos and whatnot 2 months into a new relationship.

I recognize I might just be being naive and/or too lax but I don't think it would bother me very much.

Blue Train posted:

But it is around months into it

Months later as in months after that 2 months mark. 2 months isn't very long at all. As in I'd prolly wait until it was like 6 months in and be all 'so hey I noticed that Axe is still there, not a big deal but just wondering what's up 'cuz you said you'd toss it...'

VanSandman posted:

Or she's a hoarder.

Yeah who knows really. He should just ask her if it is still there in a while.

e: Idk what are you guys imagining? That she's still got a flame burning for the ex and the current bf is right to be worried she'll cheat/dump him? Could be I guess.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Blue Train posted:

yeah like a completely rational memento from a past partner: ticket stubs, shirts, practical items
weird as poo poo: condoms that were their ex's "brand", soiled underwear, toiletries like their deoderant or toothbrush

Moridin920 posted:

I don't disagree. I'm just saying if I was the bf I'd just shrug and go 'weirdo' and not say anything about it unless it was still around months later into our relationship.

:agreed:

I think if it's still there in six months he should offer to help her ritualistically dispose of it if that's what she needs for closure

maybe they could donate it to the museum of broken relationships or something

Pick posted:

"let's leave a door open for the people i wanted before i settled for you"

haha, exactly. It's especially crazy when it's people who get together in their 30s, because their past relationship history is often a total loving minefield of strong emotional attachments and feelings, and it's the first place they're going to dip their toe in when they're playing the field again after being together with somebody for a couple of years.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

Months later as in months after that 2 months mark. 2 months isn't very long at all. As in I'd prolly wait until it was like 6 months in and be all 'so hey I noticed that Axe is still there, not a big deal but just wondering what's up 'cuz you said you'd toss it...'

my girlfriend of one year
During our first few months, I saw that she had a bottle of axe,
She moved a few months ago, and while we were packing/moving, I saw the axe,
Just last week, I went into her dresser to look for something (not snooping, genuinely looking for something) and in the back corner, I see this axe bottle. 
they've been broken up for 3 years now

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
throw away the deodorant yourself. if she cares she was probably still loving him or reaaally wanted to. if she doesn't give a poo poo then it was just deoderant, but it bothered you, so it might as well go in the trash with the rest of the disposable plastic bullshit we're using to make new continents in the lower Pacific Ocean

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Pick posted:

throw away the deodorant yourself. if she cares she was probably still loving him or reaaally wanted to. if she doesn't give a poo poo then it was just deoderant, but it bothered you, so it might as well go in the trash with the rest of the disposable plastic bullshit we're using to make new continents in the lower Pacific Ocean

Yea I'd throw it out and if she flips out she's obviously in the wrong

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Train posted:

my girlfriend of one year
During our first few months, I saw that she had a bottle of axe,
She moved a few months ago, and while we were packing/moving, I saw the axe,
Just last week, I went into her dresser to look for something (not snooping, genuinely looking for something) and in the back corner, I see this axe bottle. 
they've been broken up for 3 years now

Oh idk where I got the 2 months in thing then.

Yeah that's weird as hell.

Blue Train posted:

Yea I'd throw it out and if she flips out she's obviously in the wrong

Until she goes 'you FOOL that's where the 500 pills of MDMA were!'

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
he should try wearing the deodorant and see how she reacts

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Moridin920 posted:

There's ALWAYS MONEY in MY EX'S DEODERANT, Michael!!

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Moridin920 posted:

Oh idk where I got the 2 months in thing then.

Yeah that's weird as hell.

yeah I have to say I would definitely advise this guy to make sure the thing doesn't have like a secret compartment she keeps her meth in or whatever

(I mean really, unless she was a drug dealer, why would she hide MDMA from her partner like that? I mean, isn't that who you're going to be doing MDMA with? And if it was just a security stash in case of LEOs or a thief, why wouldn't he know about it?)

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Zelder posted:

Paranorman is a really really great film

Everyone should watch Paranorman.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

quote:

I [22M] am 100% certain my roommate [22F] is the one responsible for my missing underwear. How can I talk to her about this?

Firstly, I'm aware this sounds ridiculous but its true, and being someone with social anxiety, I'm in desperate need of advice.

For the last few weeks I've noticed my underwear is reducing in number. Now I can be very disorganized and used to lose clothes all the time at home so I put it down to that. But I started keeping track, writing down which pairs I wore and put in the washing basket because I thought I was going mad. It soon became clear they were being taken and I only live with one other person.

I have concrete proof Sophie is responsible. I put a few pairs in the washing basket, It was her turn to do the washing and I got one less pair back. I asked her and she insisted I was wrong but I checked the machine and dryer and there is no other place they could be. Now I did something bad cause I had to be sure.. I looked in her room and found 5 pairs of my boxers under her chest of drawers. I should not have entered her room and I feel awful, but my underwear has been vanishing and I'm not Bill Gates FFS, and I also thought I was going mad. The strange thing is 4 of the 5 pairs were unwashed.

I've known Sophie for 4 years. She's really nice and I know her family. And frankly, if she wanted my boxers I wouldn't mind that much if she gave them back but I'm confused. She doesn't have a homeless bf she would give them to, her dad is very rich so he doesn't need them and she doesn't have a brother. It can't be a sexual thing cause after I've been to the gym, my boxers are a drat bio hazard.

How do I even begin to ask her about this? I'm not that confident socially, and this is on another miffing planet. What do I say? I just want my satin underwear back :{

tl;dr: roomate is stealing my underwear for reasons I can't understand. Help me please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO5sxLapAts

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

La Brea Carpet posted:

It can't be a sexual thing cause after I've been to the gym, my boxers are a drat bio hazard.

LOL

shes huffing your boxers dude, move out

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Werong Bustope posted:

LOL

shes huffing your boxers dude, move out bang her

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

on one hand, this lady is probably certifiably nuts

on the other hand, she loves your stank this much, that's some animal attraction and the sex is going to be god drat incredible

edit: oh jeeze they've known each other for years, she's probably had a super secret crush on him, this is actually shifting my perception of this story into romantic comedy territory

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

put the boxers back after you've huffed them lady, c'mon.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Mirthless posted:

on one hand, this lady is probably certifiably nuts

on the other hand, she loves your stank this much, that's some animal attraction and the sex is going to be god drat incredible

edit: oh jeeze they've known each other for years, she's probably had a super secret crush on him, this is actually shifting my perception of this story into romantic comedy territory

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Awww. :kimchi:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

La Brea Carpet posted:

I [22M] am 100% certain my roommate [22F] is the one responsible for my missing underwear. How can I talk to her about this?

It's almost charming how this dude goes through every convoluted mental gymnastics possible over admitting the blatantly obvious answer that his longtime friend has a smoldering crush on him. Just ask out your strange as heck roommate who wants to bang you, weirdo. :allears:

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

It's almost charming how this dude goes through every convoluted mental gymnastics possible over admitting the blatantly obvious answer that his longtime friend has a smoldering crush on him. Just ask out your strange as heck roommate who wants to bang you, weirdo. :allears:

like if the genders were reversed here this would be unbelievably creepy so I feel gross for even saying it... but... I really think he should go for it, I don't know, just see where this goes, it seems cute to me and I know that makes me a gigantic gross hypocrite but whatever :shrug:

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
ye ask out the roommate stealing sweaty underwear to sniff, it isnt creepy at all

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I did it, I found the man/womanchild combination.

I (21f) gave my bf (23m) of 2 years and "I love you" bday gift and he didn't respond

quote:

My bf of 2 years and i have never said "I love you". I've known I loved my bf since probably 6 months into the relationship. I initially held off saying anything because he's not really an emotional person and was afraid he wouldn't say it back.

Now it has reached the point where it's been so long I don't even know how to do it. He has never told me he loved me but always shows me he cares in other ways. Ive tried to ease into it by saying things like "I love ____ about you", however whenever I try to say more I get so nervous I just can't.

Queue last night, it was his birthday so I decided it'd be a good moment to finally do it. I bought a men's bracelet on etsy that had a morse code engraving of "I love you" on it. He doesn't really wear jewelry and I know it's a pretty corny way to tell someone you love them, but I was desperate. Fast forward to him opening the bracelet. I started nervous talking and saying "I know you prob won't wear it cause you don't wear jewelry blah blah blah". He saw that it was morse code and asked me if it said "penis" (we joke around a lot, maybe too much) and I said yes. He then said he probably wouldnt wear it and put it back in the box. He didn't even bother to try and look up what the morse code actually said.

I'm so hurt and embarrassed I just don't know what to do. Either he assumed what it said and didn't respond, or even worse is that he didn't care enough to try and look it up. I was with him the entire night and this morning and he never took it out of the box again. I texted him earlier and basically apologized for the bad bday gift and he said "stop it, you didn't have to get me anything anyways." What the gently caress do I do??

TL;DR Tried to say "I love you" for the first time with a morse code bracelet. He looked at it and put it back in the box.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Lmao she told him it said penis and then got upset that he didn't bother verifying? Don't date emotionless robots and also dont get mad when they trust you.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
im angry this man cannot interpret this cypher

wink wink fart wink *spinny gesture with fingers* "ay-yo! ay-yo!" cat noises wink

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Why does she need 5 pairs, just swap them out. If you've gotten to the point in your life where you're stealing your flatmate's underwear at least be considerate.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
In morse code, ugh

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

La Brea Carpet posted:

rap diss husband

Best. Post. Ever.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

This is how people get the wrong chinese character as a tattoo. Dont expect people to do the legwork if youre truthful.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Clocks posted:

I did it, I found the man/womanchild combination.

I (21f) gave my bf (23m) of 2 years and "I love you" bday gift and he didn't respond

:cripes: jesus christ lady just tell him what it says

god drat

she is terrified of saying the words so she has to make him go on loving google and look up a morse code chart to suss it out

she's 21 god drat years old, grow up!!!!

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS

food court bailiff posted:

you look like a roadie for system of a down and you have the personality of an intel 486 so pardon me if I don't think your self control is the main reason you're not swimming in strange

:lol:

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

My [23f] boyfriend of 2 years [23M] cheated. I don't care. Abnormal?

I've been cheated on in the past and it hasn't bothered me all that much but for most couples on here it seems to tear them apart.

I agree it is WRONG to cheat as you are going against the monogamous terms of your relationship, lying etc.

But my boyfriend of 2 years has admitted to sleeping with another woman and it really didn't bother me much. He was sorry, it was a girl he met while out so not someone he would see on a daily basis. I forgave him easily as I understand that people get attracted to others while in a relationship, he was honest and apologised and thats all that mattered to me.

Is this odd of me, or are there others out there who can move past cheating just as easily?

Tl;Dr boyfriend cheated, I don't care, forgiven and moving on. Weird or normal?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Good for her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

She gonna care when she gets the clap.