Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

PathAsc posted:

Punishing shotgun rushers with fusions is so much fun. Only problem I'm really having is that I feel like I'm banging my head into a wall trying to get to/past 350LL.

There's a big chart somewhere of what activities you should do at this point, but generally you'll want to take a break from PVP and run strikes, archon's forge, and any leftover campaign missions/quests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

haveblue posted:

There's a big chart somewhere of what activities you should do at this point, but generally you'll want to take a break from PVP and run strikes, archon's forge, and any leftover campaign missions/quests.

Thanks, I think I still have that bookmarked actually. Gonna be an all nighter so RoI and strikes sound fun.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

PathAsc posted:

Punishing shotgun rushers with fusions is so much fun. Only problem I'm really having is that I feel like I'm banging my head into a wall trying to get to/past 350LL.

How many strange coins do you have?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
What happened to the Nebraska(?) tar?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Taylor Martinez graduated like 5 years ago, I was looong overdue for an upgrade.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I thought about getting a World Champions For Three More Weeks Denver Broncos tar, but I kinda like this one

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
Is The Laughing Heart any good? Just rolled a Reinforced Barrel/SnapshotHidden Hand

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Incitatus posted:

Is The Laughing Heart any good? Just rolled a Reinforced Barrel/SnapshotHidden Hand

Thats almost the roll i have. I've got braced frame instead of reinforced.

Its pretty nice. Has good handling speed so you can switch quickly, it can rez snipe which is nice. The only thing you might not like is the scope but it works pretty well if you liked the hunter sniper from the gunsmith.

I gently caress around with mine quite a bit. Its base stability is pretty good too so you can pull off some pretty nice double taps and pump rounds into a crowd.

I'd keep it for sure.

Also lol, still have not got one longbow from crucible packages and havent had a single matador drop for me.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Longbow sucks dick now the inventory stat is garbage

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Thats almost the roll i have. I've got braced frame instead of reinforced.

Its pretty nice. Has good handling speed so you can switch quickly, it can rez snipe which is nice. The only thing you might not like is the scope but it works pretty well if you liked the hunter sniper from the gunsmith.

I gently caress around with mine quite a bit. Its base stability is pretty good too so you can pull off some pretty nice double taps and pump rounds into a crowd.

I'd keep it for sure.

Also lol, still have not got one longbow from crucible packages and havent had a single matador drop for me.

I'm at 88 Crucible Rank and only had 1 Longbow.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

the good fax machine posted:

How many strange coins do you have?

33, hopefully more after tonight's marathon

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Ahh yes. Another weekly update that has so many words, yet says nothing.

Good poo poo.

That weapon balance can't come soon enough. The current meta is poo poo.

In other news while playing IB last night the heavy ammo glitched out and i got to pick up a double supply for for my counter balance/small bore/surplus Unending Deluge, which gave me about 130 rounds.

Then i went on a Reign of Terror, and had heavy ammo for the rest of the match. Was killing cunts with heavy 5 minutes later. Good times.

CheeseFactory fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jan 20, 2017

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

PathAsc posted:

33, hopefully more after tonight's marathon

Tomorrow you are going to spend them all on three of coins from xur. If you need some heavy ammo too, that's fine, but there are other ways of getting it. As others have said, run some strikes and do your ROI missions. Pop a three of coins for every strike, and hang on to any exotic engrams you get for now. The best way to make use of these is to decrypt when you have one specific slot holding you back. For example, if all of your highest equipped gear is above 350 but your special weapon is 342, it's time to decrypt the exotic special you've been holding onto. You'll keep getting blue engrams up to 365 doing normal strikes, and Archon's Forge will drop up to 385 guns/armor and up to 400 ghost/class item/artifact. Use crucible/vanguard rep boosters if and when you get them. Rep packages decrypt up to 390, and you also have the added bonus of being able to choose if you want a weapon etc., so even though it's still rng, you have a better chance at filling that slot you need. You can also hold onto these packages for a little bit if you need to, but be aware that you can only hold one at a time so make sure to cash them in before the next level ticks over. As you know Iron Banner is this week, this is also an excellent way to get higher level gear but you're limited to what will drop for that particular week. Don't burn yourself out on it, but definitely play it when one of those items happens to be one of your lowest level slots. It might also be a good idea to hold onto legendary engrams and use them the same way I described using exotics, at least until you're up near 385. You can also do this with blues, but it's only going to work for a little while longer as you're nearing 365. Hold onto treasure keys when you get them, and keep a list handy of what strike drops which item. Use these when the strike drop matches your lowest slot. Finally, and it probably goes without saying, always have your highest level gear equipped when decrypting. And try to do the same when finishing strikes, though I know it's easy to forget to do.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Longbow sucks dick now the inventory stat is garbage

Feels good but yeah, 3 rounds per

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Everyone should be using the winged word

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Everyone should be using the winged word

Also has a poo poo inventory stat.

Old school glass prom with hidden hand is low key the best deal running ATM

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yasmin has highest inventory stat, everyone should use it obviously.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yasmin makes people so drat salty so yeah it's another good one to use.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

the good fax machine posted:

Tomorrow you are going to spend them all on three of coins from xur. If you need some heavy ammo too, that's fine, but there are other ways of getting it. As others have said, run some strikes and do your ROI missions. Pop a three of coins for every strike, and hang on to any exotic engrams you get for now. The best way to make use of these is to decrypt when you have one specific slot holding you back. For example, if all of your highest equipped gear is above 350 but your special weapon is 342, it's time to decrypt the exotic special you've been holding onto. You'll keep getting blue engrams up to 365 doing normal strikes, and Archon's Forge will drop up to 385 guns/armor and up to 400 ghost/class item/artifact. Use crucible/vanguard rep boosters if and when you get them. Rep packages decrypt up to 390, and you also have the added bonus of being able to choose if you want a weapon etc., so even though it's still rng, you have a better chance at filling that slot you need. You can also hold onto these packages for a little bit if you need to, but be aware that you can only hold one at a time so make sure to cash them in before the next level ticks over. As you know Iron Banner is this week, this is also an excellent way to get higher level gear but you're limited to what will drop for that particular week. Don't burn yourself out on it, but definitely play it when one of those items happens to be one of your lowest level slots. It might also be a good idea to hold onto legendary engrams and use them the same way I described using exotics, at least until you're up near 385. You can also do this with blues, but it's only going to work for a little while longer as you're nearing 365. Hold onto treasure keys when you get them, and keep a list handy of what strike drops which item. Use these when the strike drop matches your lowest slot. Finally, and it probably goes without saying, always have your highest level gear equipped when decrypting. And try to do the same when finishing strikes, though I know it's easy to forget to do.

Awesome, thanks. I had planned on getting a bunch of ToC, and have been wearing my highest light when decrypting, did enough IB to fill out my weak slots and get plenty of marks. Didn't know about great and strikes though, that's great to know. I appreciate the advice.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Also has a poo poo inventory stat.

Old school glass prom with hidden hand is low key the best deal running ATM

Hmm yes inventory stat is what I look for in a sniper :shepface:

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

PathAsc posted:

Run crota for energy, turn it into motes at the speaker, dump those motes into faction level ups until you hit you hit 390.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
ABGD: Your PvE autism is leaking into PvP stuff and I'm starting to doubt your commitment to bone krew

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

ABGD: Your PvE autism is leaking into PvP stuff and I'm starting to doubt your commitment to bone krew

Speaking of, can I get an invite or am I not seeing it on mobile?

BattleTech posted:

Run crota for energy, turn it into motes at the speaker, dump those motes into faction level ups until you hit you hit 390.

Neato

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
If only there were footage of someone from bone krew absolutely destroying people with a glass prom

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Relevant

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/59bes9/massive_breakdown_of_year_3_sniper_inventory/

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Inventory stat matters a little in pickup, like long bow only getting 3 rounds but if it's high enough it determines how much ammo you spawn with (if you double stack ammo perks on boots and chest).

There are three year 3 snipers that let you spawn with 12 rounds:
- Glass Prom
- Yasmin
- Stillpiercer

It's nice baiting special spawns without actually having to pick it up or disengaging from an advantageous position because I need special. I really only need to be around for one special spawn.

Edit: I guess there's more than 3 but I wouldn't use any of the other ones in the above link

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Hereafter in the background quietly hoping that someone will notice him someday. :smith:

edit - exotics and y1 raid armor are the only bits that can have "special ammo inventory" perk these days, right?

xzzy fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jan 20, 2017

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

xzzy posted:

Hereafter in the background quietly hoping that someone will notice him someday. :smith:

edit - exotics and y1 armor are the only bits that can have "special ammo inventory" perk these days, right?

Yep

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

PathAsc posted:

Speaking of, can I get an invite or am I not seeing it on mobile?

Apply again, i cleaned out a few inactive players so should have room

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

Hmm Techeun Rage with Hip Fire/Rifled Barrel/Rangefinder

:gizz:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Incitatus posted:

Hmm Techeun Rage with Hip Fire/Rifled Barrel/Rangefinder

:gizz:

That's really good

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

Also got a Palindrome with Icarus/Reinforced Barrel and Hidden Hand.

Seems good.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

That's really good

I'm drooling over the 7 clip.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Incitatus posted:

Also got a Palindrome with Icarus/Reinforced Barrel and Hidden Hand.

Seems good.

Close but no cigar

Bushwookie get in here and show em your palindrome

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I'm trying to assemble PvE only reward weapons for when I play banner later this week.

Full auto CB PB Aegis of the Reef, perfectly rolled The Nightmare, and a Rifled Saladins, Yasmin Sniper or a Linear Comp Reinforced Barrel Crow's Eye.

bushwookie19
Apr 2, 2015

Close but no cigar

Bushwookie get in here and show em your palindrome

https://imgur.com/FTWUctD

Truesight, icarus, rifled, litc

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

bushwookie19 posted:

https://imgur.com/FTWUctD

Truesight, icarus, rifled, litc

I have truesight on mine too, but that LitC is nice.

bushwookie19
Apr 2, 2015

Incitatus posted:

I have truesight on mine too, but that LitC is nice.

I wouldn't know. I never use it. The gun sits in my vault collecting dust

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
It's the rifled vs reinforced barrel that makes it.

Reinforced is very much less than ideal. You can get away with it on an Eyasluna which has insane base stability, but on a Palindrome the stability hit is too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Inventory stat matters a little in pickup, like long bow only getting 3 rounds but if it's high enough it determines how much ammo you spawn with (if you double stack ammo perks on boots and chest).

There are three year 3 snipers that let you spawn with 12 rounds:
- Glass Prom
- Yasmin
- Stillpiercer

It's nice baiting special spawns without actually having to pick it up or disengaging from an advantageous position because I need special. I really only need to be around for one special spawn.

Edit: I guess there's more than 3 but I wouldn't use any of the other ones in the above link

Rng has determined I'll never get a winged word or glass prom.

That being said

My 1kys with snapshot shortgaze and hh and my laughing fart both spawn me in with 12.

Yasmin is popular because it has huge aa and the scope has little flinch.

• Locked thread