Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

I've never liked anything in my life and I'm a better person for it

The only things ive ever enjoyed are video games and im a mess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
Hey check this out:

Crash rhymes with trash

Makes you think (that it's true (because it is))

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Crash 2 is alright. that's all the nice things I have to say about Crash.

Crash Team Racing is better than Mario kart 64 tho.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Uncharted 4 sucks Metal gear solids all suck Gravity Rush sucks Mario sucks the last guardian sucks

Anything that people like sucks tbh

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Uncharted 4 sucks Metal gear solids all suck Gravity Rush sucks Mario sucks the last guardian sucks

Anything that people like sucks tbh
Its true.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Can we still like Knackuza

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
Crash is an absolute slog if you're trying to get all gems/relics/etc but why would you do that? Crash Team Racing is still probably my favourite kart racer, though.

SM64 might have been pretty cool when it came out, but it's totally outclassed by like every other Mario game since, so that doesn't get it much credit from me. I'd rather play any of the original three Spyro the Dragon games than go through SM64 again, and I've 100%ed all four. hell, anything involving the flying cap alone puts me off of picking it up again.

LIKEINEEDTHIS
Oct 3, 2012

by Smythe

KrayG posted:

I hope you lot manage alright when you have to get jobs and make rent and interact with people.

we are all posting from our phones while we are on hot dates w dumb broads whats your excuse chickenneck

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

A next gen Sonic All Stars racing would be pretty dope honestly. Then again with Nintendo owning Sega...

It did come out on Vita though

Is Twisted Metal not a thing anymore? Or hasn't been, rather

BUT I AM SO loving PUMPED FOR WIPEOUT

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Who remembers Vigilante 8 on PS1? That game was dopeee

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Then again with Nintendo owning Sega...

what

LIKEINEEDTHIS
Oct 3, 2012

by Smythe

KrayG posted:

Its difficult for me to not feel a sense of superiority over people who hold an interest in something that became tired and clichéd for me post puberty. That's not a nice thing to say about yourself but that's how it is.

this is so sad

Oh right i came here to say that FFXV is really a lot of fun even if i dont know why a prince in exile has to go toad hunting for someone who wont say a please or a thank you

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

LIKEINEEDTHIS posted:

this is so sad

Oh right i came here to say that FFXV is really a lot of fun even if i dont know why a prince in exile has to go toad hunting for someone who wont say a please or a thank you

I don't think he's really in exile--it's just that his home was invaded. it's not like he was banished though.

toad hunting was the worst, though, especially because there's a bug where one of them just straight up doesn't show up until you rest/come back the next day.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Shh, let him go on, someone post a trailer for an anime game or something.

wait hold on I've got one

Hey guys who else is excited for the new Super Robot Wars game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0qXRy9rwSc

yes me. it's one of the reasons i bought a ps4 and i think i just might get the Japanese one. my paltry knowledge of kanji and a dictionary might do a tiny bit better than the Singapore english translation, so im not really sure what one to get

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Game had crazy slowdown but the physics engine was awesome. Cattle Prodding fuckers into the air and through a building was legendary.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Is Twisted Metal not a thing anymore? Or hasn't been, rather

Sony didn't promote the one on PS3 and it died, just like Starhawk.

I really miss car combat :(

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Doesn't Nintendo own Sega or some poo poo?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

No.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
When does R.A.D. 2 come out?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QySCkl3lk8U

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

My car combat game of choice was Rogue Trip. Thinking back on it, I think it was the first game I ever saw advertise itself based on having a band onboard.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Imao most anime is really stupid but people that think they look cool for being too good for it come off as way more lame and insecure than any weeb they are trying to own.

Like, basically every Japanese game could get labeled under the broad brush of anime. Get over it.

SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Game had crazy slowdown but the physics engine was awesome. Cattle Prodding fuckers into the air and through a building was legendary.

Sony didn't promote the one on PS3 and it died, just like Starhawk.

I really miss car combat :(

I don't know about anyone on this thread but I was never able to connect to an online match on PS3 Twisted Metal ever, I checked back like one year after they game came out and still I could not find an online match or join one of the listed matches.

I could however play Starhawk. There was strange lag because you were often playing with people on the other side of the world but none of that mattered because I was playing the fun dumb not-Firefly.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

My car combat game of choice was Rogue Trip. Thinking back on it, I think it was the first game I ever saw advertise itself based on having a band onboard.

Rogue Trip was cool and I played it for a while, but it really did feel like a Twisted Metal also-ran. By the time TM Black was out there was no reason to go back. Some cool level design in RT though.

Still, Vigilante 8 had the best physics. It's like a Havok ragdoll engine...but for cars

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

Imao <hobby> is really stupid but people that think they look cool for being too good for <hobby> come off as way more lame and insecure than any <hobbyist> they are trying to own.

There you go, now I can post this in the wrestling forum, the music forum, the sports forum...

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Also Crash has a gimmick where you can't see where you're going - if a game were released today with that gimmick it would disappear into obscurity so fast.

How's UC4 multiplayer these days? I've been playing Titanfall 2 so I haven't seen if horde mode has had much of an impact on the playerbase.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
If you ordered the physical copy of REZ Infinite before December 8, check your email. iam8bit sent out a special offer for a free fancier cover insert made from thicker paper stock, that comes with a fancy holographic foil imprint.

If you ordered after December 8, apparently you already get the fancier thicker paper stock cover as part of being in the second print run. I think you can maybe get the holographic foil on its own?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Also Crash has a gimmick where you can't see where you're going - if a game were released today with that gimmick it would disappear into obscurity so fast.

How's UC4 multiplayer these days? I've been playing Titanfall 2 so I haven't seen if horde mode has had much of an impact on the playerbase.

its probably stable because it has microtransaction whales but i'd figure a lot of casual people heard the dlc was stand alone and dtiched their copies of the game

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I love anime and video games

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Also Crash has a gimmick where you can't see where you're going.

That's not really a gimmick, it's more they couldn't make it any other way, the game only renders what's on screen due to memory limitations so the ultra low draw distance is how it even ran on PS1.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

that happens in like 2-3 levels per game, out of 25-30. I think every Uncharted game has one little section where you run into the camera. it's really not that big a deal.

e: I thought you were talking about running into the camera but maybe you're talking about the darkness gimmick? I don't really know

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

i watch only this anime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMSx1KU3fzo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEYmMQy5F7E

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

How is Earth Defense Force 4.1 on ps4?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Nomadic Scholar posted:

How is Earth Defense Force 4.1 on ps4?

Fun but janky with fps drops.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Doesn't Nintendo own Sega or some poo poo?

no, sega's their own thing still. you might be thinking of when sega acquired atlus or something?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

socialsecurity posted:

I don't even notice them, it's so much less common than its predecessors.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

socialsecurity posted:

Like ever EDF game ever.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yeah...its awesome

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3lavVkiFXw

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

morallyobjected posted:

that happens in like 2-3 levels per game, out of 25-30. I think every Uncharted game has one little section where you run into the camera. it's really not that big a deal.

e: I thought you were talking about running into the camera but maybe you're talking about the darkness gimmick? I don't really know

I stand corrected then, I thought the whole game was like that.

Mario 64 is still better tho

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

:laffo: it's just like life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

PenguinKnight posted:

yes me. it's one of the reasons i bought a ps4 and i think i just might get the Japanese one. my paltry knowledge of kanji and a dictionary might do a tiny bit better than the Singapore english translation, so im not really sure what one to get
I'd say get the english version. The screenshots we've seen were better than the MD translation, and the gundam g generation translation was better than the MD translation too. It's probably going to be pretty stiff and have weird word choices in places, but it'll definitely be easier to read than a kanji dictionary.