Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

If you're doing story content, take as long as you want.

If you're aimlessly dicking around and exploring the silly and bizarre nonsense of this game(which you should do as often as you care to), do some editing and use the Quantum Leap go-to-commercial segue to tie everything together, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

Because "Lieutenant" didn't fit.
Depending on the time of day/position of the stars, Prompto is either the best photographer ever, or literally waving his camera around at random while constantly loving with the settings. Some of his pictures on my playthrough were very suspect. He seems to have an overall obsession with the back of Noctis' head and bushes.

WFGuy
Feb 18, 2011

Press X to jump, then press X again!
Toilet Rascal
I just want to see the kid pick up a damned D-SLR. If he's the official photographer, he can get a portrait lens and stop his pictures from being all flat.

Although, he's probably enough of an idiot that everything would come out blurry, because he'd insist he's "totally ready for manual focus" when he's definitely not.

Smoky Bandana
Oct 1, 2009

You can trip on my synthesizer.

topiKal posted:

Sometimes it's hard to determine a good stopping point with this game because it never feels like we're making a lot of progress. Personally I think we should try to keep it closer to 30-40min and just try to post them more often from here on out.

Please tell me if I am wrong

This feels best to me. An hour is fine but I'll just split it into two viewings anyway.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
Either long or short episodes work for me in general, but long eps are more satisfying when you're mostly just dicking around.

This will probably be most of the episodes.

Edit: Also that obnoxious car paint is bangin and I'm putting in a request for using every ugly garish color on anything the game allows.

Kase moch fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jan 13, 2017

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Kase moch posted:

Edit: Also that obnoxious car paint is bangin and I'm putting in a request for using every ugly garish color on anything the game allows.

The BMW M1 in the middle was painted by Andy Warhol.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I am loving these random low level sabre tusks just appearing out of nowhere and I hope they do that throughout the whole game.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
I definitely prefer longer episodes for this kind of game personally.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Length doesn't bother me as long as things are getting done.

Things being quests and stuff and not spending 10 minutes trying to find the one thing they didn't stick invisible walls around so you can jump on it :shepface:

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

EponymousMrYar posted:

Length doesn't bother me as long as things are getting done.

Things being quests and stuff and not spending 10 minutes trying to find the one thing they didn't stick invisible walls around so you can jump on it :shepface:

Yeah, the jumping thing is not very good watching. Would not mind if that stopped in the slightest.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

topiKal posted:

Sometimes it's hard to determine a good stopping point with this game because it never feels like we're making a lot of progress. Personally I think we should try to keep it closer to 30-40min and just try to post them more often from here on out.

I'm really okay with anything of less length than a feature film, but since this is a Final Fantasy game there may be cutscenes spanning as long so when that happens I really can't complain. With that all said, 30-40 minutes is a ideal in my opinion.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I don't care what length the episodes are.

Also now that you've found some Royal Arms I'll point out that simply equipping one gives stat boosts (accept the axe, which lowers your defense iirc). So it's a good idea to have one on even if you don't plan on using it.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

The biggest factor in Finesse seems to be blindsides. Dunno if anything else contributes.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
my only request is that you just edit out all dungeons if they're all going to be like that one, pretty sure there was a good 5 minutes of quips one after the other and no gaps at one point

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Kase moch posted:

I am going to echo that and add severe disappointment with the fact you opted for a fairly tame interior color for an otherwise gloriously hideous car.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jan 14, 2017

dimenticon
Jun 16, 2014

Me irl, whatever, who cares
Any length is good to me since Youtube's save-how-far-you-watched feature finally works, although once you get to the next area, when the game really opens up and the amount of sidequests becomes overwhelming, it would be good to start considering editing out time between points of interest .

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

the longer and more frequent the episodes are, the sooner we'll get to see you guys experience your character arcs where you grow to love Prompto

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Rodyle posted:

the longer and more frequent the episodes are, the sooner we'll get to see you guys experience your character arcs where you grow to love Prompto

I think that's less character arc and more Stockholm Syndrome.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Mmm mmm, the ol' spam 'n' graham sushi squares. Fit for a prince indeed.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
I think you're pretty close to being able to drive around yourself so you'll be less annoyed by travel in general. Can you drive off road?

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?

Akratic Method posted:

Mmm mmm, the ol' spam 'n' graham sushi squares. Fit for a prince indeed.

Ahem. He's the King now, good sir.

That's right. The king is eating maruchan brand gas station graham cracker sushi while he runs fetch quests for out-of-place Italian stereotypes and his entourage decides which one is Turtle. (Hint, it's Prompto, because no one likes Prompto)

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Lunethex posted:

I think you're pretty close to being able to drive around yourself so you'll be less annoyed by travel in general. Can you drive off road?
You can only drive on roads and the off-road side-paths

It's not as exciting as it seems

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

JT Jag posted:

It's not as exciting as it seems

That seems like an apt description for most of this game so far.

I think they should all start singing road trip songs during the driving bits.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Let's Play! > Final Fantasy XV - It's not as exciting as it seems

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I saw a YouTube comment suggesting you drink on every Dropship.

I agree.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Lt. Conquistador posted:

I mean, I believed that when it came to Kojima, but this is an entirely different case.

Why would you believe Kojima was capable of writing a decent female character

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

topiKal posted:

This would be great. More than 40 minutes feels like a commitment, rather than "something funny to have on while I eat." Besides, it's not like you're missing anything if you arbitrarily cut the episode in the middle of an exciting drive through nothing.

mateo360 posted:

one thing I wish to point out is you keep thinking you just need to waste time for Cid to give you your weapons back but you still actually haven't given him the upgrade materials. You won't get the whiskers you need for the lance for a while still.

They didn't? Surely you don't have to have the quest active to give cid the poo poo, right?

Also: "wow I wish I could drive. Oh better pull over for the night." :v:

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
I hope we'll later see some more options to decorate Regalia's interior and also add some accessories in and around our main form of transportation. I want fuzzy dice, truck nuts, the works.

I want to see the prince go full bosozoku, especially with the exhaust pipes.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Why would you believe Kojima was capable of writing a decent female character

The Boss?

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Zenostein posted:

They didn't? Surely you don't have to have the quest active to give cid the poo poo, right?

No but you do need to have found the required items first

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Zenostein posted:

Suaimhneas posted:

No but you do need to have found the required items first

What you need to have is the Weapon in your inventory and then have talk to Cid to activate the quest. The Quest will always point to Cid until completed.

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
:guinness: BANDUNK IS BACK :guinness:

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
The worst Metal Gear.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Cor seems alright, although that may just be a side effect of seeing him less than the four dipshits

Nihilarian fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jan 19, 2017

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't wait till episode 17 where we check out what those tools you guys keep picking up do.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I am very glad that I was not the only one who had surprising amounts of difficulty trying to warp strike up to the soldiers in that story area. "Hah! hit you!... And promptly fell or clipped off the edge back down." Other parts of the game I could do it no proble, but here? gently caress.

For rankings, the only one I feel bad for not having at least an A is Offense. Because Offense is "How much did you, personally, do." So getting a C offense at the end of the fight or something means you've done gently caress all :v:

*five minutes after talking about how easy it is to kill soliders with a handgun*
"I don't believe Prompto could have taken out those soldiers."

As for how your teammates did a shitload of damage to the fallen over robot all of a sudden when you weren't looking (Cor aside). It was likely deathblows.

Deathblows are when your team pulls out sicknasty noscope moves on the enemy when you are not paying attention :pseudo: ... Well okay that's how it often goes, but basically when things are "Vulnerable" (usually represented by the enemy flopping over or otherwise falling on it's rear end), your boy band is allowed to use cool special attacks all on their own to really gently caress poo poo up. EDIT: And it took me forever to realize this was a thing, even with me upgrading deathblows.

Upgrading link strikes is handy and the most obvious boost to pulling out sudden high damage. But upgrading Deathblows makes a big difference too, even if easy to overlook because it doesn't drop everything to zoom the camera in on them while it happens.

RareAcumen posted:

I can't wait till episode 17 where we check out what those tools you guys keep picking up do.

I love the circular saw's Triangle button attack. It's slow as gently caress to start up, but for non bossfight robots it will end up chopping their loving legs off in short order :black101: (Give Prompto the bio blaster, he'll regularly spam that poison for you. Hell, give him literally any mechanic weapon so he's not missing half his firepower).

I was a loving idiot with the "Mechanical" weapons, and never hit the triangle button for ages due to the "It can't warp strike." message. "Why can't I make my auto crossbow shoot crossbow :saddowns:" Just hitting circle does the same shockwave punch deal on all mechanic weapons.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jan 19, 2017

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

When Benson gets behind the wheel I think you're gonna run out of money really fast trying to repair all the damage he's sure to cause to the car.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

You guys walked by a dart board on the way to and from turning in the dog tag sidequest.

It was interactable.

DentD
Aug 13, 2015

I can predict the future! And you're going to be OKAY.

Section Z posted:

I was a loving idiot with the "Mechanical" weapons, and never hit the triangle button for ages due to the "It can't warp strike." message. "Why can't I make my auto crossbow shoot crossbow :saddowns:" Just hitting circle does the same shockwave punch deal on all mechanic weapons.

Jfc. I have over 60 hours into this game and I hadn't realized this. To be fair, mechanic weapons are never necessary but man I feel silly now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Were we ever given a reason for Milfheim invading Insomnia or is that yet to be revealed? Are the Milfs just a regular old Final Fantasy evil empire?

• Locked thread