Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
God drat it Zaza was so close to beating Draymond in the player vote. If only...

Alternatively: 19 Zaza votes shows that at least some NBA players can appreciate a good joke vote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

euphronius posted:

Buckets has played sf all year

It's wades fault.

I don't care he's a prototype shooting guard ... and better than Kyrie or DeRozen :colbert:

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Pretty sure most of the single vote getters voted for themselves

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Pretty sure most of the single vote getters voted for themselves

I know I would

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Good to see my bribe to get Ben McLemore an All Star vote went through.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

predicto posted:

I don't care he's a prototype shooting guard ... and better than Kyrie or DeRozen :colbert:

He is

:smith:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

predicto posted:

drat I'm getting roasted

time to lurk some more

PLEASE DON'T! I just enjoy sarcastic banter and you should never take me that seriously because I often believe the opposite of what I'm being sarcastic about. More posting is good for the NBA thread

The success of Andre Drummond and Steven Adams even though they had the redest of red flags for me really softened my stance on these types of players. I just think it's never quite clear cut and the Kings have been burned both ways (NBA ready T-Rob, high upside Ben McLemore)

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

He's better than Derozan yes.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Holy poo poo Mudiay got 11 votes.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

WhyteRyce posted:

PLEASE DON'T! I just enjoy sarcastic banter and you should never take me that seriously because I often believe the opposite of what I'm being sarcastic about. More posting is good for the NBA thread

The success of Andre Drummond and Steven Adams even though they had the redest of red flags for me really softened my stance on these types of players. I just think it's never quite clear cut and the Kings have been burned both ways (NBA ready T-Rob, high upside Ben McLemore)
ya everyone gets roasted and no one takes it personally until they do. :justpost: it's a fun thread.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Joe Ingles getting a non-zero amount of votes is a drat travesty

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Rick posted:

Holy poo poo Mudiay got 11 votes.
There are 15 players on the Nuggets with a vote, Mudiay has 11 and Murray has 3 lol

e: then again Gary Harris who has played like 200 minutes or something has 10?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

straight up brolic posted:

ya everyone gets roasted and no one takes it personally until they do. :justpost: it's a fun thread.

Even if no one roasts me directly all you have to do is read back through the archives and I roast myself

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

WhyteRyce posted:

Oh I'm fine, and I didn't feel unfairly criticized .

The quality of the discussion and banter in here is very high - I'm still learning the ropes. Sometime I worry I'm just 4channing all over the place.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

WhyteRyce posted:

ingles, bogut, patty mills. aussie mafia sticking with eachother. i don't see dellavedova though

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

AggressivelyStupid posted:

He's better than Derozan yes.

Kyrie is overrated.

Overrated in the sense that he's only a legitimate all-star, not an all-star starter.

fite me

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Much love to Intruder and Mourningview for either helping to establish or maintain the great culture in this subforum and its subforums.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

There are 15 players on the Nuggets with a vote, Mudiay has 11 and Murray has 3 lol

e: then again Gary Harris who has played like 200 minutes or something has 10?

Hahah, the Lakers really couldn't figure out who to throw their votes at, although 3 votes for Mosgov is solid.

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Tyler Ennis with 2 votes versus Patrick Beverly with 1 smdh

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

euphronius posted:

They have to put Cs in next year.

This is dumb.

I'm disgusted with the results of the election. Everyone was so afraid of China's influence that they'd rather set things back 50 years than move ahead. This current system doesn't work and is a relic of an age that many would rather forget.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

chunkles posted:

ingles, bogut, patty mills. aussie mafia sticking with eachother. i don't see dellavedova though

Forever alone at the amusement park of life

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

predicto posted:

Oh I'm fine, and I didn't feel unfairly criticized .

The quality of the discussion and banter in here is very high - I'm still learning the ropes. Sometime I worry I'm just 4channing all over the place.

Don't worry, you are already light years ahead of Warriors playoff posters. This is the best place to discuss basketball online, enjoy it.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Jota posted:

Forever alone at the amusement park of life

the other players like Delly just about as much as they like Draymond.

Or they used to like Bruce Bowen.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
As much as we all cuss at Draymond Romano for slugging people in the cock, it's not all that surprising that the people actually getting slugged in the cock hate him even more

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

WhyteRyce posted:

He's good this year!

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

predicto posted:

Kyrie is overrated.

Overrated in the sense that he's only a legitimate all-star, not an all-star starter.

fite me

Maybe you should lurk more bub, before you get hurt!!!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

Much love to Intruder and Mourningview for either helping to establish or maintain the great culture in this subforum and its subforums.

I don't want to overrun the thread with this but thanks, bud :)

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

predicto posted:

Kyrie is overrated.

fite me

Counterpoint: East Guards are sorta garbage

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Rick posted:

I sent Intruder a weekly dossier on the enemies of Houston athletics and he never once banned any of you animals, truly they were models of judicious and fair-handed moderation, and I will miss them both

chunkles fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jan 20, 2017

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Harrison Barnes is the highest scoring Mav for his first 41 games with the team in Mavs history.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Lockback posted:

Nah

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

are MorningView and Intruder moving on to the giant mod cemetery in the sky or something?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Lockback posted:

Lowry is quite good

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dwyane Wade will probably be in the all-star lineup and I am having a tough time figuring out enough guards that should go in front of him.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/ChandlerParsons/status/822237630670733313
The comments get rough.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Lockback posted:

Dwyane Wade will probably be in the all-star lineup and I am having a tough time figuring out enough guards that should go in front of him.

Isaiah thomas and john wall

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

are MorningView and Intruder moving on to the giant mod cemetery in the sky or something?

the mods are being purged and soon we will all be posting in Negrotown

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Also I hate that Steph is starting over Russ so much. Russ deserves to be starting in the all star game over him and it isn't close and I blame Zaza for this. I hope Georgia gets taken over by Russia and this bullshit is stamped out by Putin

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Jota posted:

the mods are being purged and soon we will all be posting in Negrotown

We both quit fwiw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

MourningView posted: