Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

So sad that I didn't make it on the first page this time. I trust someone else can still make that happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Jedit posted:

Mystic Mystery 6 has been nerfed, although I don't know how. I had it when I logged in.

Reinvite to the SG please, IGN is JeditOjanen.
Probably halved the requirement, which I think was something like 6300 demons.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Gee thanks for an 8.8 gigabyte patch the week that I'm away on a snowboard trip with lovely hotel wifi going 130kbps. Maybe I'll get to check it out in a few days.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Is this a good day to cosmic

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

What does your heart tell you?

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
ok, in as Lechtansi. Invite me groons

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Erdricks posted:

So sad that I didn't make it on the first page this time. I trust someone else can still make that happen.

got you covered friend.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I am downloading this probably

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ghostlight posted:

Probably halved the requirement, which I think was something like 6300 demons.

6300 demons in Midtown is the other achievement, the non-secret one. MM6 was something stupid like kill 2000 demons and Lavaheart 20 times in Midtown as Ghost Rider.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Im a new player but the meme in the thread title has confused me

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

but how are the hotdogs

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
does someone still have the luke ballerina gif

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

MichaelMayhem posted:

Hey all, we've received some red flags that the Freezing Tempest talent is causing some disconnects in rare cases - specifically, the damaging area attached to Storm. We are livetuning that off now.

You can still select the talent, and the passive bonus effects will apply, but the Freezing Tempest damage effect will not apply.

Apologies for the interruption, and it'll (hopefully) be back to working order with the next patch.
By taking away Storm's huricane and malestrom they invoked the fury of NAYTCHA itself.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

MMAgCh posted:

By taking away Storm's huricane and malestrom they invoked the fury of NAYTCHA itself.

The Gazining. It begins.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
so what do you do with uniques now

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Erdricks posted:

Equip em

They're still in, that's a future patch

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Erdricks posted:

Feed them to your pets. Which, I'm pretty sure, is also bugged right now and requires you to re-log after using the crafter recipe to nuke a pet's uniques count.

KomoriMan posted:

We are aware of [the Taskmaster mission in chapter 2 being broken]! An resolution is being investigated.

In the meanwhile to bypass this, you need to have had a prior character that has gone past this point. Utilize the way point past chapter 2. If this is your only hero, please stay tuned for updates.

Thanks!
All the new players will love getting to witness Gaz go full Gaz. :allears:

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jan 20, 2017

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Big patch, new threads. Here is to hoping that IM and WM are more fun and different. RR too.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I really appreciate that Gaz added dumb gimmick builds to a lot of heroes with the new talents like forever sig juggernaut.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
How come they didnt rename it MH 2017 at this point

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Midnightghoul posted:

How come they didnt rename it MH 2017 at this point

Gaz new year is ~may-june.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

hello what is the best hero in the game now that everything is changed? i expect goons to have determined this already.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Man Iron Fist feels super awkward with limited dashes. I'm so used to shooting all over the place between hits.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Phoix posted:

Man every goddamn character in this game now feels super awkward with limited dashes. I'm so used to shooting all over the place between hits.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
Went from hitting 17-20 million brutal damage hits with Cap to maybe 2 million max. Cosmic stuff is infuriating now. How the hell do I get that back up now?

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

1. wait for Omega items to be implemented and 2. the infinite system will let you keep grinding for more power forever! So just spend the next four thousand hours running all the old content you know and love again.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
note to self: double check that the character is still good before you prestige him. RIP spider man.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

The Archaic posted:

Went from hitting 17-20 million brutal damage hits with Cap to maybe 2 million max. Cosmic stuff is infuriating now. How the hell do I get that back up now?

They did a stat squish and lopped a few zeroes off player damage and enemy HP, so you don't get that back up is the answer.

As for why Cosmic is hard, shrug. Somewhere between tuning the difficulty slider, radical character changes, and wanting to create room for future power growth.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

When they added in the difficulty slider, the only people who were still trying to do a bunch of the testing and posting were people who liked the movement changes and wanted the nerf the dash distance.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Summoner Ultron is p cool

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
Going to start this game up again, haven't played since the game originally launched however long ago (2013-2014?)

I'm most likely just going to start completely fresh, is the list of recommended characters in the OP still valid? Was thinking about maybe Cyclops but open to any recommendation for first character

Scorps fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jan 20, 2017

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

They're still good - I had a think about reviewing the recommended characters, but decided they were all still good picks. Cyclops' place on the list was earned just because he was a basic ranged character you could level with one-button, his expanded attack range and call-in moves makes him an interesting glass-cannon type of character you can build around different debuffs or attack type procs.

The best thing to do is just think about what type of character you enjoy playing (melee/ranged etc) and there'll be at least 3 or 4 options to choose from.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Hordes of Rogues sucking powers out of everybody in sight in the hubs. This is pretty hilarious.

I'm one of those Rogues myself.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

MMAgCh posted:

Feed them to your pets. Which, I'm pretty sure, is also bugged right now and requires you to re-log after using the crafter recipe to nuke a pet's uniques count.
All the new players will love getting to witness Gaz go full Gaz. :allears:

This poo poo was broken on its first TC iteration. How. New and exciting bugs are one thing, but this is just sad.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Leper Residue posted:

i hadn't logged in since april but was still somehow in the sg.

and i have no idea what's going on anymore. what happened with the turn 4 uniques into another unique recipe?

The unique exchange recipes are gone forever as of this patch, in preparation for uniques being made redundant at a future date.

That should probably be in the OP somewhere, a little note for returning players.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
Well I went with Storm since apparently I must have bought her when I last played, she seems stupidly strong and being able to fly seems like an insanely strong perk. Fun playstyle so far just mowing through everything although I can't seem to complete the quest to "Exit the Taskmaster Institute"

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Lechtansi posted:

note to self: double check that the character is still good before you prestige him. RIP spider man.

what happened to spider-man???

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

The Archaic posted:

Cosmic difficulty stuff hits a bit harder now, and everyone lost a TON of hp regen due to the durability change. So some boss waves can be particularly nasty.

The damage output of heroes (aside from summoners which apparently got the shaft) should be more or less on par with the previous version.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Kainser posted:

I really appreciate that Gaz added dumb gimmick builds to a lot of heroes with the new talents like forever sig juggernaut.

*juggernaut slips his Midtown ring on, pulls out his Brutal Shades and slides them on, then yanks the pull starter on his The Doomsaw* I'll show you who the dumb gimmick is!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

*juggernaut slips his Midtown ring on, pulls out his Brutal Shades and slides them on, then yanks the pull starter on his The Doomsaw* I'll show you who the dumb gimmick is!!!

Needs more cowbell.