Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

BlitzBlast posted:

I really would recommend it, as stiff as the translations are (especially the earlier volumes). As funny as Konosuba is now, it gets even better as the story goes along. Numerous jokes start to pay off, characters legitimately develop, and a surprising amount of progress is made. Konosuba is a story where it actually feels like the author knows where they're going, which is something that many other LNs feel at, even other ones that were originally WNs.

it's a story about nothing that has everything :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Nazzadan posted:

The background interactions between characters is pretty high quality as well.

http://i.imgur.com/b5jByEW.gifv

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Wiz-tits are best cat toys.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
this seems like a pretty high-tier cat

not quite Flying Witch level but alright, as far as cats being powerful goes

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
ara ara

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The frog scene with Aqua and Sena might be the best bit I've seen in this show, and there are a lot of fantastic bits.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I like that the OP shows character growth by allowing Darkness to successfully hit something.

Before I watched episode 2 I was concerned that the ED couldn't live up to the first one but it did not let me down.

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

Whoever is voicing Kazuma deserves to be a loving superstar, The interrogation scene had me fuckin dying.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It should be stated that Wiz is a lich. I wonder how she looks the way she does.

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

It should be stated that Wiz is a lich. I wonder how she looks the way she does.

shes only, like, 20

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
I think ive said it before but depending on your fantasy setting, liches dont become mummified raisins until they age. Their immortality is in the bones so thats what usually remains. Wiz is a fairly young lich so her skin hasnt started rotting yet. In some settings liches can even keep their flesh through a boring ritual that they need to do constantly and if you fail to do it you cant get back what you lost from not doing it. Of course most liches dont give a crap about their looks so theyll become skeletons pretty fast.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Takoluka posted:

The frog scene with Aqua and Sena might be the best bit I've seen in this show, and there are a lot of fantastic bits.

They got a lot of mileage out of the bad froggers. It doesn't seem like it should work as well as it does.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Madtrixr posted:

Whoever is voicing Kazuma deserves to be a loving superstar, The interrogation scene had me fuckin dying.

That's Jun Fukushima, not to be confused with Jun "Lelouch vi Britannia" Fukuyama.

I point this out entirely because this post was going to be a gigantic lie and I only stopped that thanks to checking Wikipedia first.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Astro Ambulance posted:

shes only, like, 20

You sure. Also this does not change that she is a Lich.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blaze Dragon posted:

That's Jun Fukushima, not to be confused with Jun "Lelouch vi Britannia" Fukuyama.

I point this out entirely because this post was going to be a gigantic lie and I only stopped that thanks to checking Wikipedia first.

Oh god he was Funny Story man from Shirobako.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
wiz, the character whose joke is that she's an air-headed demon general onee-san with soft fluffy hair and a giant ahoge who helps spirits pass on and runs a magic shop?

yeah, i'm sure she's cold and rotting, and not just the typical young lich whose soul is removed from an otherwise-functioning body

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's annoying we skipped her intro.

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

You sure. Also this does not change that she is a Lich.

i am sure, i just read the profiles in ln2 yesterday

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

I'm pretty sure the bawdy comedy isekai LN couldn't care less about any fantasy-genre rules regarding what a lich is supposed to do/be/look like.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

As far as I care, she's a former high ranking lieutenant of the big bad and exists via undead power but otherwise tries to keep doing good things and keep a low profile. The whole "powered by the undead" seems to be the only "lichy" thing about her.

By the way, googling "anime lich" is not safe for work but it brings up a lot of fan art for western characters (like Warcraft's Lich King and Adventure Time's Lich) and quarter-dressed "2000 year old but looks 20" monster girlfriends. Female liches are unlikely to be depicted as anything but the latter, I think.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Richie Lich

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

el dorito posted:

By the way, googling "anime lich" is not safe for work but it brings up a lot of fan art for western characters (like Warcraft's Lich King and Adventure Time's Lich) and quarter-dressed "2000 year old but looks 20" monster girlfriends. Female liches are unlikely to be depicted as anything but the latter, I think.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puella_Magi_Madoka_Magica

hope this helps

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

el dorito posted:

My words right out of my mouth.

Mordaedil fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Jan 20, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

She's an anime girl.

Your av is related, because he was designed as an anime girl, but he's actually a boy.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

el dorito posted:

Female liches are unlikely to be depicted as anything but the latter, I think.

:colbert:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Picked up this show, it had me after a single episode.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

shes still has a beating heart since she can blush

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Shinjobi posted:

It only gets better as the main party forms.

Wiz is literally only around 20. She hasn't been a lich for very long.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jan 20, 2017

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Astro Ambulance posted:

shes only, like, 20

You mean she's *forever* 20

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Illusion magic is the only reasonable explanation, for a few reasons

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i think wiz is just a cute girl, sorry all

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Stairmaster posted:

If zombies can be cute, liches can be even cuter.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

I've convinced 4 of my friends who have never watched anime to watch it and all of them love it.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

Don't apologize for being right.

Also the flower scene killed me. I'm deadposting.

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

Flavahbeast posted:

Illusion magic is the only reasonable explanation, for a few reasons

As already mentioned, Liches bodies are not rotten by default. It all depends on how well you can maintain the body in a lot of settings. Their forms varies as much as vampires does.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

I really would recommend it, as stiff as the translations are (especially the earlier volumes). As funny as Konosuba is now, it gets even better as the story goes along. Numerous jokes start to pay off, characters legitimately develop, and a surprising amount of progress is made. Konosuba is a story where it actually feels like the author knows where they're going, which is something that many other LNs feel at, even other ones that were originally WNs.

I'll give it a shot. After grimgar I got a bit into LNs and although some were pretty good the vast majority were loving terrible. Like, legitimately deviantart tier writing.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Randomzx posted:

As already mentioned, Liches bodies are not rotten by default. It all depends on how well you can maintain the body in a lot of settings. Their forms varies as much as vampires does.

The most I have seen it vary in literally everything is from skeleton to flesh stretched on bones.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

The most I have seen it vary in literally everything is from skeleton to flesh stretched on bones.

I see you haven't watched any Konosuba yet. It's pretty good, maybe you should check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

z0glin Warchief posted:

I see you haven't watched any Konosuba yet. It's pretty good, maybe you should check it out.

Not counting here. But that could very well be an illusion or something.