Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
"The occasional innocuous shitpost", he says. Meanwhile, this thread is the only one that doesn't seem to be 90% "ironic" racist shitposts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Have black people in the states ever thought to try whining less?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Kassad posted:

"The occasional innocuous shitpost", he says. Meanwhile, this thread is the only one that doesn't seem to be 90% "ironic" racist shitposts.
:(
My thread is good and serious and not racist at all

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Trunko posted:

How would this help?

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

Trunko posted:

Woah dude you solved it! I'm sure that the white establishment will get right on ending systemic racism just as soon as there's some peace and quiet.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Kassad posted:

What's funny is that's exactly what happens when you allow racists to permiate almost any space. But I'm the bad guy for asking for no poo poo posts and no low effort OPs

Sorry but they chose to ignore the laws here in Negrotown, and as the mayor my constituents expect me to bring them to Justice. Its my duty as an elected official. If you want I can try to promote an IK to serve as a prosecutor? I'm sure that white posters here will get the same amount of leniency as a black defendant IRL would.

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jan 20, 2017

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
How do you know who's white?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Nevvy Z posted:

How would this help?

It would give them more time to out work, out innovate, and out do all the more privileged folks how have gone soft and lazy. Less whining means that little by little they can claw their way out of poverty and make their way to the top of the heap. Sort of like how lots of other marginalized groups have done in the states.

The black people I know are smart, tough, hard working and strong and I know their gonna make it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Trunko posted:

Have you ever told anyone to not read a thread or forum if they didn't like it?

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Yours and Commie's thread look fine. Doesn't stop there being a lot of jackasses in need of a boot with poo poo threads.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

I suspect we get some decent effort post OPs in the next few days as the weekend rolls around.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

The ideology eater posted:

Woah dude you solved it! I'm sure that the white establishment will get right on ending systemic racism just as soon as there's some peace and quiet.

Black people are stronger than any systematic racism. Their whole history in the USA has been of struggling and surviving! For crying out loud they maintained a unifying culture after being stripped of their home and languages for generations.

Is gone take more than a bunch of ignorant racist to hold them back.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

Trunko posted:

Black people are stronger than any systematic racism. Their whole history in the USA has been of struggling and surviving! For crying out loud they maintained a unifying culture after being stripped of their home and languages for generations.

You're dumb as gently caress dude

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Trunko posted:

Except ignorant racists have constructed an entire system revolved around oppressing and dismantling any useful opposition. Exhibit A: The recent FBI tweet around MLK was laffo considering the FBI's involvement around the civil rights era.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Deceitful Penguin posted:

... That's one of the threads I didn't look at. Sorry. I just mean there's clearly some cleaning up to do in this place.

Koalas March posted:

What's funny is that's exactly what happens when you allow racists to permiate almost any space. But I'm the bad guy for asking for no poo poo posts and no low effort OPs

Sorry but they chose to ignore the laws here in Negrotown, and as the mayor my constituents expect me to bring them to Justice. Its my duty as an elected official. If you want I can try to promote an IK to serve as a prosecutor? I'm sure that white posters here will get the same amount of leniency as a black defendant IRL would.

Oh, you're not getting any argument from me about this. Let them complain about "mercilessness" all they want.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Trunko posted:

No they've shown quite the aptitude for it.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Trunko posted:

i wonder if they did that by fighting back against the racists, OP 🤔

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Koalas March posted:

I would volunteer for an IK position if nobody objects (I do think there should be more than just one simply to help with the amount of traffic this sub-forum will have, though).

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
I volunteer for IK duty too. I've been one in Byob already, so I know how stuff works.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I would volunteer for an IK position if nobody objects (I do think there should be more than just one simply to help with the amount of traffic this sub-forum will have, though).

I do but that's only because I can't tell you apart from other posters with the same avatar.

I'm racist against cum lovin animes

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I'll be an IK

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

Dexo would be a good IK in my opinion.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

The ideology eater posted:

Dexo would be a good IK in my opinion.

Agreed.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Throw the racist assholes in the Sarlaac pit, KM. Where they will slowly eat away at themselves for a thousand years.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Panfilo posted:

Throw the racist assholes in the Sarlaac pit, KM. Where they will slowly eat away at themselves for a thousand years.

So say we all.
-Captain Who

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Can the thread-making GBS threads end? I actually liked reading this stuff before ya'll came around to vent your frustrations with your perceptions of "what's wrong with the blacks in 'Murica."

For real, go away. If you don't want to ask an honest question about black culture OR read an honest answer, then gtfo. If you must thread-poo poo, go make a poo poo-thread and thread poo poo there so the posters ITT don't have to read it.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Uh, is it just me or is this kinda...horrifying?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

Nah, it's a fitting day for the true colors (hah) to show. My hope was low for this, and much like Bob Dole's dick, it ain't rising.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Panfilo posted:

Give it time, friend.

Chilichimp posted:

Can the thread-making GBS threads end? I actually liked reading this stuff before ya'll came around to vent your frustrations with your perceptions of "what's wrong with the blacks in 'Murica."

For real, go away. If you don't want to ask an honest question about black culture OR read an honest answer, then gtfo. If you must thread-poo poo, go make a poo poo-thread and thread poo poo there so the posters ITT don't have to read it.

Agreed. No one is forcing anyone to break the rules here. They're coming here of their free will and ignoring the sticky which very plainly states our short list of rules and their consequences. They wouldn't expect to get away with that elsewhere and they won't get away with it here. Lowtax very plainly said I could set my own rules and consequences and after some revisions agreed to them. Sorry guys.

But how's this: if anyone who's afraid of getting banned wishes, they can close their threads and/or edit their poo poo posts and I won't ban or even probate you.

Then as long as you adhere to our very short list of rules in the sticky, you can even stick around and continue to post.

FYI you have about an hour til I get to work, so you want to do any of that you better get started.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Pollyanna posted:

This was probably the intention all along, but whatever. Should be interesting

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

That's not how that went down.

and then like ten posts later

This after two people actually said yes, and one person said nah. None of them were KM!

I'm sure the comment he made in the QCS thread where I posted about the making GBS threads up of the subforum that he did this to get rid of the thread in D&D has nothing to do with how swiftly he went ahead on this. Also Santa Claus exists and is my friend.

Both of those two people btw, sporting Trump Avs.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Dexo posted:

This was probably the intention all along, but whatever. Should be interesting

I feel like I've missed something. What happened?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It was decided that black and POC posters were not contained enough in negrotown, so we have a subforum now.

Also I was accused of being a crazy black supremacist for handing out some sixers so now I've lived long enough to see myself become the villain.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Nevvy Z posted:

I do but that's only because I can't tell you apart from other posters with the same avatar.

I'm racist against cum lovin animes

Yeah, unfortunately I'm one of the people that got an avatar from whoever was running around buying troll custom titles for whoever was posting in this thread in it's original location (this is actually the second one, the first one was big red text about how I should kill my family and then myself).

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Oh boy. Might wanna get the low down through PMs

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Prude posted:

It was a statement of pragmatism: most people on the forums wont be bothering this subforum out of racism, but out of the absurdity of the premise. Never before have the forums had a subforum dedicated to a specific set of racial politics. So long as the subforum exists, shitposters will probably target it (at less regular intervals than now, sure) and it would save everyone some headaches to conceptualize those instances as Stuff That Doesn't Matter. It's gonna happen, it's not a big deal, and taking it in stride is probably in the best interest to ensure the longevity of this subforum and not attract further shitposting. There's better places on the internet for this kind of discussion if you don't want shitposts to be an ever-present possibility. If this is going to be taken as an unreasonable set of ideas (read: inevitabilities), then I can almost certainly assure you that Negrotown will never be at peace with itself. Lots of people are watching, so gracefulness rather than "mercilessness" is my utmost suggestion.

lookit this idiot jerkoff effortpost.

"My utmost suggestion"

lol

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Also we have been satirizing a lot of racism against black people and people are really salty about it because of white fragility and the fact we're on a comedy forum that recognizes neither irony or satire.

Man it's almost like it sucks to be profiled and targeted for something you have no control over? Oh wait nevermind, that's right no one is forcing them to come here and poo poo post.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

esto es malo posted:

Oh boy. Might wanna get the low down through PMs

My mistake. I thought something new and bad happened.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Koalas March posted:

It was decided that black and POC posters were not contained enough in negrotown, so we have a subforum now.

Also I was accused of being a crazy black supremacist for handing out some sixers so now I've lived long enough to see myself become the villain.

Like I said before, the Trumpstaffel are getting what they want. Next is likely going to be the Feminism thread.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Koalas March posted:

Also we have been satirizing a lot of racism against black people and people are really salty about it because of white fragility and the fact we're on a comedy forum that recognizes neither irony or satire.

Man it's almost like it sucks to be profiled and targeted for something you have no control over? Oh wait nevermind, that's right no one is forcing them to come here and poo poo post.

Let me tell you about how the real racism is your kill whitey strikethrough joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prude
Nov 28, 2010

by Reene

WeAreTheRomans posted:

lookit this idiot jerkoff effortpost.

"My utmost suggestion"

lol

Uh could you not quote me in "bad faith" please, I was trying to have a serious moment in here before, but after the cold reception I've been leaving it well enough alone.

• Locked thread